Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Huh, that's an interesting question. Wonder if Hilda will get incorporated into one of the other banners - Double Special Heroes, Voting Gauntlet, Tempest Trials, or even the main Special Heroes banner like with last year's New Year's banner?

My guess is Double Special Heroes.

Next colorless heroes in line are New Year Lyre and Hatarian Xane... and both are 4* Focus. Of course there is no problem and having 2 demotes as focus, since we had it before... but it's not that tempting for the colorless pool having both together... So maybe we have NY Lyre with Summer Hilda instead?

I know she was in January's Double Special Heroes, but... I don't see a problem in Hilda being in another one of these banners.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I wonder what the upcoming summer banner will be. Since we're getting a Duo unit, it'll probably be focused on one single game. Surely they wouldn't go with Three Houses AGAIN, for the third year in a row, especially with a Three Houses themed event already going on and a plethora of Three Houses banners happening, right? Right?

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I wonder what the upcoming summer banner will be. Since we're getting a Duo unit, it'll probably be focused on one single game. Surely they wouldn't go with Three Houses AGAIN, for the third year in a row, especially with a Three Houses themed event already going on and a plethora of Three Houses banners happening, right? Right?

Looking at the game distribution of past summer characters:

• 2017: 4 Awakening, 4 Fates
  • 2018: 2 each of Mystery, Sacred, Awakening, Fates
  • 2019: 5 Heroes, 2 Binding, 3 Blazing
  • 2020: 3 Sacred, 2 Tellius, 1 Awakening, 6 Three Houses
  • 2021: 3 Heroes, 3 Mystery, 6 Three Houses
  • Totals: 8 Heroes, 5 Mystery, 0 Valentia, 0 Jugdral, 5 Elibe, 5 Sacred, 2 Tellius, 7 Awakening, 6 Fates, 12 Three Houses

So if they want to finally give attention to the games that haven't gotten much summer before, that'd likely be Valentia, Jugdral, or Tellius. Although those also tend towards less attention in general so who knows.

Limited Hero Battles starting this week:

• GHB Gonzales - Three Houses;
  • BHB Mercedes & Annete - Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn;
  • MHB Hel - Shadow Dragon / (New) Mystery of the Emblem.
  • BHB Palla & Catria - The Sacred Stones;
  • LHB Corrin - Awakening.

As always, dance type assist skills are not allowed for the Bound Hero Battles.

Good luck for people who don't have Phina, the only dancer for Archanea. Halloween Tiki and Summer Caeda can be used for a one time only dance though.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm thinking of pulling for F!Byleth and Sothis on the banner coming out tomorrow. I don't have a lot of orbs, but a couple copies would be nice. I'm hoping the Byleths don't join the Reinhardt and Ophelia club of not getting refines.

Also the banner lasts for four days so I can see if the Summer banner some how entices me.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, Othin said:

So if they want to finally give attention to the games that haven't gotten much summer before, that'd likely be Valentia, Jugdral, or Tellius. Although those also tend towards less attention in general so who knows.

I'm partially hoping it's not Valentia so that I can safely skip. Or maybe I'll just go into waiting for Double Special rerun hell.

14 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I'm hoping the Byleths don't join the Reinhardt and Ophelia club of not getting refines.

Byleth never dominated the meta like Hector, Reinhardt, Ophelia, and Surtr did, so they're almost certainly safe.

I don't really see any units with weapons strong enough to warrant skipping their refine for at least the next 2 years (Fallen Edelgard is up for refine in about 25 months or so).

At least Dimitri got kicked out of the top ten, not too fussed about whether we got Yuri (new to me) or Rhea (my copy is +Spd -Atk, worst possible combo). Duos being off the table meant the result was always going to be fairly unimportant.

1. Can't say I'm surprised... like, at all.
  2. Wow, Rhea came close. Probably would have had a few more votes if I... ahem... remembered to vote...
  3. Ashe wouldn't have been a bad freebie.
  4. ...okay Yuri's inevitable appearance in the rerun banner aside... BoyByleth was literally given out to people FOR FREE if they owned and registered FE Three Houses to their Nintendo account for a whole year after his release. How did he still get 4th place...?
  5. Christmas Bernie wouldn't have been bad. She does have a unique start-of-turn effect, if nothing else.
  6. Hapi wouldn't have been a bad freebie.
  7. FemByleth would have been... about the same as BoyByleth I guess, but not free and with slightly different skill fodder.
  8. Marianne would not have been that bad.
  9. Gatekeeper at this point only has fodder to his name, now that Limstella is basically a better and, more importantly, free and easy to merge Gatekeeper (hell the one drawback to them is moot if you benefit from taking all that damage in)
  10. ...Summer Mercedes? She wouldn't have been that great if she were somehow the freebie, so I guess this was more a favoritism pick...?

Welp, any freebie is a good freebie, so no complaints here.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

...okay Yuri's inevitable appearance in the rerun banner aside... BoyByleth was literally given out to people FOR FREE if they owned and registered FE Three Houses to their Nintendo account for a whole year after his release. How did he still get 4th place...?

M!Byleth has Distant Counter + Ruptured Sky for skill fodder. That would probably be why he got fourth.

Nice. Yuri got really good mobility, so he is not bad. I prefer Hapi since she can kill things better, notably Edelgard: Hegemon Husk, but since Yuri is a lot more popular now, I guess that means people got enough oomph in their Barracks now to take down tough tanks.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

but since Yuri is a lot more popular now, I guess that means people got enough oomph in their Barracks now to take down tough tanks.

I'm pretty sure the utility of Foul Play is more enticing than a wall breaker, even if you don't have a wall breaker yet.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming I'm reading this right, be warned that 4-star Sylvain is not available on today's Three Houses banner. There is no 4-star Focus pool on this banner.

None of these Three Hopes celebration banners have a 4-Star Focus, not even the non seasonal ones like Linhardt and Ferdinand.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

None of these Three Hopes celebration banners have a 4-Star Focus, not even the non seasonal ones like Linhardt and Ferdinand.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time a 4-star-summonable Special Hero has appeared on a banner without a 4-star Focus pool.

Four-star-summonable normal Heroes only ever appear in the 4-star Focus pool on their original banner and reruns of it, so it's nothing special that they aren't available as a 4-star Focus on these banners.

However, 4-star-summonable Special Heroes have never appeared on banners other than their original banner, reruns of it, and Double Special Heroes banners until now, all of which have a 4-star Focus pool if a unit on the banner is available at 4-star rarity. This is the first time such a unit has appeared on a "normal" banner.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, the next Hall of Forms lineup is [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Ronan, Asbel, Sara and Friege’s own Bandit Keith (Kempf). RIP Miranda.

Yeah, Thracia kinda doesn’t have that many options (especially seasonal ones). If I had to guess, the next Thracia lineup (for 2023) will probably be Galzus, Karin, August and Pirate Lifis.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Is it bad I completely blanked on who all the HoF units are?

Even within the context of Heroes, I completely forgot who they were.

Given that they're characters from the most obscure main line game and that FEH is now at 820 different playable units, I'd say no not really.

51 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, the next Hall of Forms lineup is [SPOILERS]:

Three in a row with a Grail unit. Yay!

Spoiler

Kempf's stats are pretty mediocre, but he's used for his weapon's support effect in Aether Raids defense and Pawns of Loki and not for has actual combat performance, so his stats aren't too big of a deal.

I think the best skills to grab for him are something like

Kempf
Rein Sword+ [Spd] / Ninja Katana+
Rally Atk/Spd+ / Harsh Command+
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Catch 4 / Surge Sparrow / Sturdy Surge
S/D Near Trace 3
Atk/Spd Menace / Atk Smoke 4 / Spd Smoke 4

Unfortunately, Assault Troop isn't going to be in the Hall of Forms pool yet. It could have been interesting for maps with trenches.

Also unfortunately, A/S Near Trace doesn't exist either as a bulkier option.

Not sure if there are better options for skills. Kempf is a support unit, so theoretically, he should also be fine just running pure bulk in order to potentially survive for another round of combat.

Random thought, but I have a feeling if Three Hopes gets a New Heroes banner, it'll be Red Sword Shez, Colorless or Blue Cav Rodrigue, Green Axe Holst, and some sort of tome user for Monica. (My instinct is Red, but I can see Blue if Rodrigue goes colorless.) F!Shez will either be a Nintendo promotional tie-in or "beat this one level" unit.