Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Random thought, but I have a feeling if Three Hopes gets a New Heroes banner, it'll be Red Sword Shez, Colorless or Blue Cav Rodrigue, Green Axe Holst, and some sort of tome user for Monica. (My instinct is Red, but I can see Blue if Rodrigue goes colorless.) F!Shez will either be a Nintendo promotional tie-in or "beat this one level" unit. 

With Arval as Mythic Hero in the same month.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

My phone ran out of battery in the middle of an Aether Raids run and not only did it not allow me to resume the match, but it also ate my Aether without using a ladder. What the fuck.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My phone ran out of battery in the middle of an Aether Raids run and not only did it not allow me to resume the match, but it also ate my Aether without using a ladder. What the fuck.

It is a good idea to have a portable battery to recharge your phone just in case. I used to travel a lot and lugged around my 3DS too, so I have two portable batteries in case anything ran out of juice and I do not have access to an outlet.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is a good idea to have a portable battery to recharge your phone just in case. I used to travel a lot and lugged around my 3DS too, so I have two portable batteries in case anything ran out of juice and I do not have access to an outlet.

I'm at my desk. My phone is old and has a habit of suddenly thinking it has no battery when it reaches 20-40% and isn't plugged in.

I've already gotten Flow Guard and Atk/Def Menace on my Kempf in HoF from the first two matches, so I probably won't need to grind to get what I want which is nice. Fatal Smoke and Trace are other options, but Trace is in the codes and Fatal Smoke might come around by the time Kempf gets a refine.

9 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I've already gotten Flow Guard and Atk/Def Menace on my Kempf in HoF from the first two matches, so I probably won't need to grind to get what I want which is nice. Fatal Smoke and Trace are other options, but Trace is in the codes and Fatal Smoke might come around by the time Kempf gets a refine.

I would still grind for Fatal Smoke though since it synergizes with his Weapon so well. Splashing Fatal Smoke on top of Flash and Savage Blow from Venin Edge is pretty annoying and potent in my opinion.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I would still grind for Fatal Smoke though since it synergizes with his Weapon so well. Splashing Fatal Smoke on top of Flash and Savage Blow from Venin Edge is pretty annoying and potent in my opinion.

Yeah maybe. I do technically have Atk/Def Menace fodder sitting around anyway.

I'm disappointed with the Double Special Heroes banner. I was hoping this one would have Manuela, V!Robin, and Hatari Azura. So that V!Chrom, V!Lucina, and Hatari Xane would be on the next one because Spring Sonia should be there and having these other units would have been nice for me.

Announced a day early, the next Resplendent Hero is Hel Karla.

chara_img_00011002000256_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00011002000256_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00011002000256_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00011002000256_04.png?time=165

If I recall correctly, Karla was already the fastest unit in the game if you exclude the units with Selkie's Res-comparison-based stat boosting effect, and this just makes her even faster.

As for the art, I do like it, but it's just really, really hard to one-up Kita Senri. Also, she looks uncannily like Shibuya Rin.

EDIT: Karla is second fastest after Laegjarn with her weapon's maximum stat boost, but the Resplendent stat bonuses push Karla into the undisputed number one spot, tying with a maximally boosted Selkie.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Blazing Blade has gotten a good number of both Nifl and Hel outfits between Lyn, Serra, Matthew, Raven, Florina, and Karla. I wonder if the next Blazing character will keep that trend up or go for a region it doesn't have much of.

I like Hel Karla's art, but something about the face in her neutral/standard art seems slightly off. I can't quite put my finger on it. But, regardless, another piece of good Resplendent art.

12 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Blazing Blade has gotten a good number of both Nifl and Hel outfits between Lyn, Serra, Matthew, Raven, Florina, and Karla. I wonder if the next Blazing character will keep that trend up or go for a region it doesn't have much of.

I like Hel Karla's art, but something about the face in her neutral/standard art seems slightly off. I can't quite put my finger on it. But, regardless, another piece of good Resplendent art.

Embla/Jotun B!Hector would be nice

Resplendent Karla has a scarily min-maxed 48/41/46+/29/28 at +0+20 without skills, and maxes out at 55/66(+9)/64/33/32 at +10+20 with a Spd Asset and just her weapon equipped. With a full set of skills and a +6 Bonus, she can bump up her Spd to 82-85, bringing the additional damage on her weapon up to 12. Vital Astra hits for a hefty 24-25 damage.

As a fairly typical fast infantry unit with the Slaying effect and Null Follow-Up on her weapon, she has a lot of options for builds:

Replendent Karla [+Spd, +Atk]
Vassal's Blade [unique]
[Assist]
Vital Astra / Ruptured Sky
Surge Sparrow / Atk/Spd Ideal 4
Spd/Def Tempo 3 / Spurn 3 / Frenzy 3
Time's Pulse 3 / Atk/Spd Menace / Spd Smoke 4
Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Blade Session 3

Atk/Spd Ideal 3 is also an option for her Sacred Seal once it's released.

A dual-phase build with Atk/Spd Ideal 4 is viable due to her weapon's effect being active on both phases, though Vital Astra is unreliable, so the build needs Dodge on the B slot and ideally runs Spd Smoke 4 in the C slot, though Atk Smoke 4 is also viable.

I wonder why none of the Resplendent Hel units show their bones like Lif, Thrasir , and Hel do...?

Karla looks good (I'm with @Fire Emblem Fan though Karla's face looks off... maybe cuz she's smiling?) and her weapon is good post-refine... no reason not to sub for her, methinks.

Edited by Xenomata

52 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I wonder why none of the Resplendent Hel units show their bones like Lif, Thrasir , and Hel do...?

Because that would require the characters to actually turn into jello. Resplendent units get new outfits, not non-survival surgery.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

55 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Karla looks good (I'm with @Fire Emblem Fan though Karla's face looks off... maybe cuz she's smiling?) and her weapon is good post-refine... no reason not to sub for her, methinks.

It's either the smug expression or the fact that she has a long forehead (the distance between her eyes and the top of her head is longer than usual relative to the size of her face for a mature-looking face shape).

I got my Galeforce team ready for Aether Raids Chaos season featuring Florina: Azure-Sky Knight, and then I realized I am NOT ready when I tested it out in Mock Battles. Bonus stats makes her HP way too high, so the team does not work right now and it sure is not going to work in normal seasons after this week, so I have no idea when I am able to run that team. I wish there was a skill that reduces the whole team's HP to one at start of turn.

Argh! It is so frustrating to build a team and then not being able to use it.

Edited by XRay

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

I got my Galeforce team ready for Aether Raids Chaos season featuring Florina: Azure-Sky Knight, and then I realized I am NOT ready when I tested it out in Mock Battles. Bonus stats makes her HP way too high, so the team does not work right now and it sure is not going to work in normal seasons after this week, so I have no idea when I am able to run that team. I wish there was a skill that reduces the whole team's HP to one at start of turn.

Argh! It is so frustrating to build a team and then not being able to use it.

I've seen a Summoner Duels team use Winter Bernadetta and a level-1 unit with Reciprocal Aid to instantly drop a unit's HP down below 20.

Because I don’t have much to say about Resplendent Karla (besides replacing Kita Senri art was always going to be a losing battle), I’ll just point this out. 

We’re now a month away from the previous Sacred Stones Resplendent (Amelia) becoming a year old and IS is still giving the same games multiple (and sometimes back-to-back like this case) Resplendents.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We’re now a month away from the previous Sacred Stones Resplendent (Amelia) becoming a year old and IS is still giving the same games multiple (and sometimes back-to-back like this case) Resplendents.

Given how few Sacred Stones characters were released that early, it's only natural that there will be long gaps between Resplendent Heroes from the game.

Right now, the number of units with Resplendent outfits by game, counting only units from the standard summoning pool from Ophelia's banner and earlier, is:

• Genealogy: 7/14 (50%)
  • Thracia: 3/6 (50%)
  • Tellius: 6/13 (46%)
  • Echoes: 7/16 (44%)
  • Blazing Sword: 8→9/21 (38→43%)
  • Binding Blade: 4/13 (31%)
  • Akaneia: 7/25 (28%)
  • Sacred Stones: 3/11 (27%)
  • Awakening: 6/27 (22%)
  • Fates: 7/41 (17%)
  • Heroes: 0/1 (0%)

As for games that have gone the longest without a new Resplendent outfit:

• Path of Radiance: Elincia (2021-03-10)
  • Thracia 776: Leaf (2021-05-10)
  • Sacred Stones: Amelia (2021-07-25)
  • Radiant Dawn: Sothe (2021-09-25)
  • Binding Blade: Shanna (2021-10-10)
  • Akaneia: Est (2022-01-10)
  • Genealogy: Lachesis (2022-04-10)
  • Echoes: Effie (2022-05-10)
  • Awakening: Gaius (2022-05-25)
  • Fates: Effie (2022-06-10)
  • Blazing Sword: Karla (2022-07-10)

We might get one new Sacred Stones character in the next few months, but I'm expecting to get a focus on Awakening and Fates characters for the next couple months, similar to how we just got a huge influx of Jugdral and Echoes characters. We recently had a span of 7 units where 6 of them were from either Jugdral (Deirdra, Seliph, Lachesis) or Echoes (Lukas, Saber, Faye) (the one remaining in the middle was Ophelia).

I'm not super big on Karla's face, it almost doesn't even really look like her to some extent?

But yeah, Senri Kita's Karla is just super hard to beat.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've seen a Summoner Duels team use Winter Bernadetta and a level-1 unit with Reciprocal Aid to instantly drop a unit's HP down below 20.

Yeah, but that level one unit is basically dead weight afterwards, and I still need someone to Smite or Reposition her in sometimes.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but that level one unit is basically dead weight afterwards, and I still need someone to Smite or Reposition her in sometimes.

You have 5 rounds of combat between Florina and the two remaining Galeforcers, which should let you leave one enemy alive to go after structures.

If Florina needs more mobility, you can give her a Tempest skill.

Alternatively, you can use Duo Lif for recoil damage.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's either the smug expression or the fact that she has a long forehead (the distance between her eyes and the top of her head is longer than usual relative to the size of her face for a mature-looking face shape).

Yeah, I think that's it. It's a shame because I really do like the art as a whole, I just wish the face was different.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Right now, the number of units with Resplendent outfits by game, counting only units from the standard summoning pool from Ophelia's banner and earlier, is:

• Genealogy: 7/14 (50%)
  • Thracia: 3/6 (50%)
  • Tellius: 6/13 (46%)
  • Echoes: 7/16 (44%)
  • Blazing Sword: 8→9/21 (38→43%)
  • Binding Blade: 4/13 (31%)
  • Akaneia: 7/25 (28%)
  • Sacred Stones: 3/11 (27%)
  • Awakening: 6/27 (22%)
  • Fates: 7/41 (17%)
  • Heroes: 0/1 (0%)

As for games that have gone the longest without a new Resplendent outfit:

• Path of Radiance: Elincia (2021-03-10)
  • Thracia 776: Leaf (2021-05-10)
  • Sacred Stones: Amelia (2021-07-25)
  • Radiant Dawn: Sothe (2021-09-25)
  • Binding Blade: Shanna (2021-10-10)
  • Akaneia: Est (2022-01-10)
  • Genealogy: Lachesis (2022-04-10)
  • Echoes: Effie (2022-05-10)
  • Awakening: Gaius (2022-05-25)
  • Fates: Effie (2022-06-10)
  • Blazing Sword: Karla (2022-07-10)

That's a handy chart. I'm definitely expecting a wave of Awakening and Fates characters, it seems like they have the most to catch up on.

From the New Year's banner to now, we've gotten 7 duo/harmonic heroes so far this year.

3 are red and the other 4 are green. All 3 of the harmonics are green.

Why?????