Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Othin said:

From the New Year's banner to now, we've gotten 7 duo/harmonic heroes so far this year.

3 are red and the other 4 are green. All 3 of the harmonics are green.

Why?????

That... might have something to do with the distribution of colors across the paired units.

Eight of the 21 Duo Heroes are red (38%), compared to only 4 blue, 5 green, and 4 colorless. Six of the 14 Harmonized Heroes are green (43%), compared to only 3 red, 1 blue, and 4 colorless.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Othin said:

From the New Year's banner to now, we've gotten 7 duo/harmonic heroes so far this year.

Why?????

Wow, that's just lol

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Why?????

Weā€™ve hadĀ four Harmonics since the New Yearā€™s banner and one of them is red (Edelgard & Altina).

That correction aside, yeah they could stand to cool it with the reds and greens and make more blue Harmonics specifically.

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Right now, the number of units with Resplendent outfits by game, counting only units from the standard summoning poolĀ from Ophelia's banner and earlier, is:

• Genealogy: 7/14 (50%)
  • Thracia: 3/6 (50%)
  • Tellius: 6/13 (46%)
  • Echoes: 7/16 (44%)
  • Blazing Sword: 8ā†’9/21Ā (38ā†’43%)
  • Binding Blade: 4/13 (31%)
  • Akaneia: 7/25 (28%)
  • Sacred Stones: 3/11 (27%)
  • Awakening: 6/27 (22%)
  • Fates: 7/41 (17%)
  • Heroes: 0/1 (0%)

Ā 

I was scratching my head trying to rememberĀ who wasĀ the Heroes summonable unit, who isn't a legendary, that came before Ophelia till I remembered...

Oh yeah, Brave units count for this. Stupid Resplendent Brave Ike, why did he need to exist?

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Oh yeah, Brave units count for this. Stupid Resplendent Brave Ike, why did he need to exist?

He isĀ stillĀ the standard that all other super tanks are measured against, but he is much tamer now compared to before with so many more counters to damage reduction. He for sure did not need it back then, but having Resplendent stats now keeps him a bit more competitive with the newer generation of super tanks.

I managed to end the month spending only 10 orbs on the summer banner (and I got a +1S!Claude with them). I think I'm on my way to get a couple more merges on L!Tiki on the remix banner and getting my L!Dimitri to +10 at the end of July. Hope to get lucky in the remix. Tiki is only at +6, so I don't think I'll be able to +10 her now, but who knows?!

Well, there's not a thread up for it yet, so I guess I'll just say things here. I saw the new silhouettes for the upcoming seasonal banner and at first I wondered if they were combining forms again (like how we have Fallen Halloween Robins M and F) since the one on the right looked like it was holding an egg and had bunny ears, but I don't think that's the case. (The "ears" could be something that just happens to be that shape laid over the character's head via perspective.) Rather,Ā my guess is that the one on the right is actually Nifl. Here's why: we already have summer Gunnthra and Ylgr (I don't know if we have Fjorm yet or not -- can't remember) and that is definitely not Hrid. Yet, the base of the "egg" looks like the symbol of Nifl, and we cna see a frosty haze complete with little snowflakes here and there around the silhouette. There are also thin, long protrusions coming up from the figure's head, which is like the things on Nifl's head, if I'm remembering that right. So, we may be getting Summer Nifl and Summer Muspell this year. Honestly, I would love it if Muspell was a duo with Surtr. I feel like the two would really click with each other. And actually, it would be kind of cute if they were called "Summer Bond-Fire" and were roasting things like shellfish and fish or something over a fire or something. ^_^

I hope its not Nifl because if she is, then i'm in for a real dissapointing summer Banner.Ā Because if she's there she might bring boring Hdrid along...or even worse she might bring along Fjorm.

But the little ice thingy makes me think its gonna be Nifl. So I hope the non OC part is just real good this time around.

Announcement post mentions a Hel-themed TT coming up. Considering that we got a Book 2 TT series starting this time last year, that went alongside the release of Nifl and Muspell, I wonder if this will coincide with upcoming New Heroes banners finally featuring regular Henriette. (And regular Gustav?)

If so, perhaps they'll release regular Freyr and Fafnir in similar ways later on.

Oh wow, look at how smug he is to be getting his Resplendent outfit before the other Corrin, knowing that the other Corrin would still be awful even with a Resplendent outfit.

chara_img_00001001000015_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001001000015_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001001000015_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001001000015_04.png

Art is good, as usual.

He now has 48/38/38/34/30 with maximum Dragonflowers and 51/56/40/36/32 with maximum Dragonflowers and his refined weapon equipped (which is entirely visible stats).

Yato has no combat effect other than its stat boost, and Corrin is not really a combat unit, but instead is a Drive bot for his support partner and ideally also functions as a Chill magnet. If you need him to be a Chill magnet, the extra stats not only help him close the gap with units that have extremely high stats, but it also means he has a better chance of not needing a stat-boosting Sacred Seal to do so and lets him run another Drive effect in that slot.

At +10+20 with a Spd AssetĀ Life and Death 4, he has 67/54Ā visible offenses, which is already high enough to function as a Bright Shrine magnet for Valentine Lucina (60/54), but he needs another point in Spd to pull Chill Spd. However, most Spd tanks don't have quite as much visible Spd as Valentine Lucina, so he should be fine for almost everyone else. It's worth noting that Yen'fay does have 54 visible Spd, but Ninja Hana has only 53.

At +10+20 with a Res Asset and Fortress Def/Res 3, he has 46/46 visible defenses, which isn't quite enough to function as a Dark Shrine magnet for Halloween Dheginhansea with a Res refine (47/53), but sacrificing his Sacred Seal slot for Fortress Def/Res 2 gives him 50/50 visible defenses, which is 1 point short of pulling Dark Shrine from Dheginhansea. This should theoretically allow him to pull Dark Shrine, Chill Def, and Chill Res for pretty much anyone else since Dheginhansea has the highest visible defenses of any unit not running passive skills that boost visible stats, though you might need to finagle with his support partner's Asset or refine if their defensive stats are lopsided toward one or the other stat. That said, he can have trouble pulling Chill Res off of units that are stacking Res to mitigate AoE Special damage or to power Dragon Wall.

We don't talk about Corrin's combat performance.

Overall not game-changing, but Corrin was definitely lagging behind in stats for being a Chill magnet when run with a super tank, and this definitely helps.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh wow, look at how smug he is to be getting his Resplendent outfit before the other Corrin, knowing that the other Corrin would still be awful even with a Resplendent outfit.

But then his grin turns into a frownĀ when he remembered that F!Corrin has a Legendary altĀ and OP Duo alt while he has neither of those things.

I know this was probably a joke, but this still hurt me as an owner of a +9 F!Corrin. I donā€™t even care about her viability, I just want here mediocre base art gone man.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am happy for players that use Corrin as a Shrine soaker, or that use Halloween Xane with him.

Or people who use him with Lilith (either version) since her Prf weapon having a support partner requirement really feels like ISĀ intended for Lilith to be mainly used alongside M!Corrin specifically.Ā 

Man, m!Corrin always has some damn good art. (I'm also of the very unpopular opinion that I don't like Sencha's f!Corrin very much, she always looks like she has fish lips.)

Getting Male Corrin next also knocks out one of the few eligible main protagonists left without a Resplendent. There's still Female Corrin, of course, but hey, we still got one Corrin. That brings the list of eligible main protagonistsĀ down to F-Corrin, Ephraim, Sigurd, and, if you count her, Nanna.Ā I'd list Female Robin and Xander as well but they seem to be against using Grail units.

We have Limited Battles this week:

• GHB Salem - The Blazing Blade units
  • BHB Shinon & Gatrie - Jugdral units (Genealogy of the Holy War / Thracia 776)
  • MHB Plumeria - Echoes: Shadows of Valentia units
  • BHB Nowi & Nah - Heroes units
  • LHB Dimitri - Fates units

As always, no dancers allowed in Bound Hero Battles, and one dancer allowed in the remaining limited battles.

On a different topic, we got the Forging Bonds Revival today, Abyss & MĆŗspell (for everyone that plan to go for mergesĀ or even just use the tickets, I wish everyone good luck). The twitter poll is up for the next Revival and the options are:

• New Heroes & Ascended Fjorm
  • New Heroes & Ascended Laegjarn
  • Ash and More
  • New Heroes & Ascended Joshua

Do you remember when new heroes banners had interesting names? Now only Fallen Heroes and CYL banners have that.

At the moment of this post, in the English Twitter Page Laegjarn is leading the votes and Joshua is the least votes. Meanwhile, in the Japanese Twitter Page Fjorm is getting the higher amount of votes while Ash is losing it.

Combining both results and we have Fjorm in 1st, Laegjarn in 2nd, Joshua in 3rd and Ash in 4th. These number can easily change over the next days, of course.

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Speculation on which game will be the focus of the next New Heroes banner? Personally, I'm guessing it'll be either Fates or Three Houses, with the other coming in September.

That does seem like a good guess.

The possibilities I can see, in order from most likely and least wanted by me to least likely and most wanted by me:

1. Three Houses
  2. Fates
  3. Shadows of Valentia
  4. TMS
  5. Radiant Dawn

I hope it's 3H or Fates so I can skip it XD

But in all seriousness, I'd be surprised if we don't get 3H sooner rather than later. They got two banner spots per book in previous years, didn't they?

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I hope it's 3H or Fates so I can skip it XD

But in all seriousness, I'd be surprised if we don't get 3H sooner rather than later. They got two banner spots per book in previous years, didn't they?

Yes.

• 2019: July, August
  • 2020: March, October
  • 2021: March, September

We're already at the longest gap yet without a 3H banner since its release, and breaking from the spring/fall pattern of the past two years. So I do think things are changing and we're probably not going to get two this year, but it does seem likely for the next one to be soon.

With all of the new busted cavalry units recently released, this is probably the most fun I've ever had in Grand Conquest. My current lead team (Legendary Sigurd, Brave Eirika, Legendary Xander, Summer Nifl, Legendary Lilina, Bride Lilina, Harmonized Azura, and Legendary Leaf) is so good at covering ground with +1 movement, Canto, and Galeforce that I can usually have the enemy forward base captured by the end of the first turn and the enemy main base surrounded by the end of the second turn. It's kind of disgusting.

Not looking forward to going back to "normal" units for the remaining two rounds, but at least I have Pathfinder availableĀ on both teams for both of the remaining rounds (and Duo Dagr's give-the-entire-team-Pathfinder bullshit for next round).

Made it to tier 20 before running out of stamina restores.

Edited by Ice Dragon