Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ymir is obviously a Xerneas.

Now we just need to wait for Ganglot to be revealed to be a bacon bird.

I love it. There is where being a bit older, and Pokemon Go, being my only Pokemon title comes into play. I just went with the nature theme.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So they decided to nerf the Jotunnheimr Castle AR-D Map.

It will change from 2 solid walls to 2 breakable walls that require 2 attacks to be broken.

I think everyone who saw the original map got some early days Spring Breeze ptsd. This map was pretty much the go to in Chaos season, I don't think I've played a single match against anyone outside of that. I've seen some pretty degenerate setups, but it kind of hurts me since the team that I use doesn't cover every square on the map with it's range, and I don't use Savior.

In a couple days we should be seeing who the next Resplendent is after Corrin. Any guesses? I'm thinking August is gonna have some popular characters to further pack it in with the CYL banner. I'd say Tharja is a good bet, honestly, since she was part of a Harmonic duo a couple months ago, so her voice actress could have recorded lines for this then.

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

In a couple days we should be seeing who the next Resplendent is after Corrin. Any guesses? I'm thinking August is gonna have some popular characters to further pack it in with the CYL banner. I'd say Tharja is a good bet, honestly, since she was part of a Harmonic duo a couple months ago, so her voice actress could have recorded lines for this then.

Brave Lyn

I don't know, but I'd like to see Leo because Leo needs something. Not that a resplendent can salvage him anyway with those stats.

Here's a list of every character known to be eligible for a Resplendent outfit that hasn't gotten one yet (i.e. standard pool characters up through Ophelia) (parentheses are characters with Resplendent outfits to total eligible characters) (Herodex order):

Spoiler

Heroes (0/1, 0%):

• Brave Veronica

Akaneia (7/25, 28%)

• Jagen
  • Cain
  • Abel
  • Draug
  • Gordin
  • Luke
  • Rody
  • Ogma
  • Barst
  • Jeorge
  • Maria
  • Palla
  • Catria
  • Fallen Hardin
  • Sheena
  • Katarina
  • Wrys
  • Athena

Echoes (7/16, 44%):

• Gray
  • Clair
  • Fallen Celica
  • Brave Celica
  • Mae
  • Boey
  • Genny
  • Leon
  • Mathilda

Genealogy (7/14, 50%):

• Sigurd
  • Cuan
  • Ayra
  • Levn
  • Sylvia
  • Ares
  • Lene

Thracia (3/6, 50%):

• Nanna
  • Meister Reinhardt
  • Green Olwen

Binding (4/13, 31%):

• Brave Roy
  • Gwendolyn
  • Raigh
  • Cecilia
  • Klein
  • Clarine
  • Bartr
  • Fir
  • Fae

Blazing (9/21, 43%):

• Brave Lyn
  • Brave Hector
  • Lucius
  • Rebecca
  • Priscilla
  • Dorcas
  • Karel
  • Hawkeye
  • Ninian
  • Jaffar
  • Flying Nino
  • Legault

Sacred Stones (3/11, 27%):

• Tome Eirika
  • Ephraim
  • Brave Ephraim
  • Seth
  • Lute
  • Innes
  • Larchel
  • Myrrh

Path of Radiance (3/9, 33%):

• Titania
  • Soren
  • Mist
  • Oscar
  • Mia
  • Nephenee

Radiant Dawn (3/4, 75%):

• Zelgius

Awakening (6/27, 21%):

• Helpful Chrom
  • Male Grima
  • Lissa
  • Frederick
  • Sully
  • Stahl
  • Sumia
  • Maribelle
  • Libra
  • Donnel
  • Lon'qu
  • Olivia
  • Flying Olivia
  • Henry
  • Tharja
  • Virion
  • Cherche
  • Awakening Tiki
  • Brave Lucina
  • Male Morgan
  • Female Morgan

Fates (8/41, 20%):

• Female Corrin
  • Gunter
  • Felicia
  • Jakob
  • Saizo
  • Hinoka
  • Azama
  • Setsuna
  • Kinshi Hinoka
  • Hinata
  • Oboro
  • Sakura
  • Hana
  • Subaki
  • Kaze
  • Laslow
  • Peri
  • Camilla
  • Selena
  • Beruka
  • Leo
  • Odin
  • Elise
  • Arthur
  • Silas
  • Flora
  • Female Kana
  • Shigure
  • Shiro
  • Rhajat
  • Siegbert
  • Soleil
  • Nina

The charts from before, updated for Corrin's announcement:

Sorted by percentage representation:

• Genealogy: 7/14 (50%)
  • Thracia: 3/6 (50%)
  • Tellius: 6/13 (46%)
  • Echoes: 7/16 (44%)
  • Blazing: 9/21 (43%)
  • Binding: 4/13 (31%)
  • Akaneia: 7/25 (28%)
  • Sacred Stones: 3/11 (27%)
  • Awakening: 6/27 (22%)
  • Fates: 7→8/41 (17→19%)
  • Heroes: 0/1 (0%)

Sorted by how long it's been since the last Resplendent Hero:

• Path of Radiance: Elincia (2021-03-10)
  • Thracia: Leaf (2021-05-10)
  • Sacred Stones: Amelia (2021-07-25)
  • Radiant Dawn: Sothe (2021-09-25)
  • Binding: Shanna (2021-10-10)
  • Akaneia: Est (2022-01-10)
  • Genealogy: Lachesis (2022-04-10)
  • Echoes: Faye (2022-05-10)
  • Awakening: Gaius (2022-05-25)
  • Blazing: Karla (2022-07-10)
  • Fates: Corrin (2022-07-25)

Count for each outfit origin sorted by book:

• Askr: 9
  • Embla: 9
  • Nifl: 8
  • Muspell: 9
  • Hel: 8
  • Ljosalfheim: 5
  • Dokkalfheim: 5
  • Nidavellir: 3
  • Jotunheim: 4

Sorted by how long it's been since the last Resplendent Hero:

• Ljosalfheim: Est (2022-01-10)
  • Dokkalfheim: Ophelia (2022-03-25)
  • Nidavellir: Saber (2022-04-25)
  • Embla: Faye (2022-05-10)
  • Muspell: Gaius (2022-05-25)
  • Jotunheim: Effie (2022-06-10)
  • Nifl: Matthew (2022-06-25)
  • Hel: Karla (2022-07-10)
  • Askr: Corrin (2022-07-25)

I'm expecting an Awakening character this time around since the previous announcement was Fates and Awakening has the second lowest percentage representation (after Fates and not counting Heroes). Tharja is a very notable missing popular character, but I could also see Frederick or Olivia if it's Awakening.

Sacred Stones also has a decent chance due to having a combination of low percentage representation, low absolute count, and having not gotten a new Resplendent Hero in over a year. Ephraim is still notably missing, but the list of missing characters is pretty stacked, so it could be almost anyone if it's Sacred Stones.

Repeating a game is rare, but not unheard of, and Fates has a massive number of missing characters including still more than half of the missing royals.

As far as outfit origin, Nidavellir is currently lagging the most, having one unit less than Jotunheim and having the third least recent release. However, we haven't gotten a fairy outfit in a while, so I'd probably put Ljosalfheim as the most likely choice.

My prediction is either Tharja or Ephraim. In either a fairy (Dokkalfheim preferred for both, but Ljosalfheim is more likely) or Nidavellir outfit. Or Nidavellir Brave Lyn.

Would be nice to get Peri, though. I want a Peri alt, even if it's just an outfit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Real talk though, I hope the rest of the CYL 1(and further CYLs) don't get resplendents any time soon. Brave Ike was an egregious mistake that doesn't need to be repeated, and Path of Radiance is still suffering for it to this day. 2/3rds of their resps are just Ike, meanwhile Soren, Mia, and Nephenee are all very high placing characters that have been left out to dry, and Mist, while less popular, actually has a support niche with her refine and is in dire need of new art. At least other games with notable exclusions have the excuse that they gave love to less popular characters, but PoR has continued to get nothing. At least someone like BLyn or Bector wouldn't be as much of a slap in the face since blazing has gotten a good chunk of resplendants already and have hit their notable targets, I'd still rather they skip them and prioritize filling out other games first.

1 hour ago, Ether said:

Real talk though, I hope the rest of the CYL 1(and further CYLs) don't get resplendents any time soon. Brave Ike was an egregious mistake that doesn't need to be repeated, and Path of Radiance is still suffering for it to this day. 2/3rds of their resps are just Ike, meanwhile Soren, Mia, and Nephenee are all very high placing characters that have been left out to dry, and Mist, while less popular, actually has a support niche with her refine and is in dire need of new art. At least other games with notable exclusions have the excuse that they gave love to less popular characters, but PoR has continued to get nothing. At least someone like BLyn or Bector wouldn't be as much of a slap in the face since blazing has gotten a good chunk of resplendants already and have hit their notable targets, I'd still rather they skip them and prioritize filling out other games first.

Tellius literally has half of its units represented. Even if Brave Ike didn't get a Resplendent outfit, Tellius would still be in the top half at 38% representation. Tellius "continues to get nothing" for the same reason that Thracia and Sacred Stones haven't gotten anything for a long time: there simply aren't that many characters from those games that are were released that early.

Anyhow, Brave Lyn is currently the CYL unit that is absolutely most deserving of receiving a Resplendent outfit. Mulagir sucks and has worse offensive stats than Whitecap Bow, which means that Lyn is literally worse than Summer Leonie right now, and receiving the stat bonus from the Resplendent outfit isn't even enough to surpass Leonie.

I also think Brave Roy is deserving of a Resplendent outfit. Eliwood also has access to Blazing Durandal and has similar offenses and better defenses with his Resplendent stat boosts. There's currently almost no reason to use Brave Roy over Eliwood if you have Eliwood's Resplendent outfit. (Roy's only real advantage is 2 points of Spd.)

I feel like more than anything, CYL1 winners at the very least deserve personal skill refines and/or actual personal skills, barring re-refines since no one's actually gotten one yet. Brave Ike's B-skill was always kinda bad, and Brave Lyn's B-skill (while still decent) can be countered by things like null-c disrupt and is relatively tame for the stuff that comes out nowadays. Brave Roy and Brave Lucina were the original second place winners, which means they were more popular than later first place winners at the time they won. So it is pretty egregious that they got nothing while Hector, Micaiah, Alm, etc. get prf skills for being first in later years.

I'm cool with Marth and Eirika getting prf skills as second place winners, because they ALL should've gotten them to begin with. Let's start there.

Speculating about likely banners for the next few months, as the patterns continue to become clearer. Using this as my main reference:

• September: Fates. Dwyer and Scarlet are the top missing characters, so they seem like good guesses. Mitama, Anankos, Mozu, Reina, Kiragi, and Shura are behind them, although I can't see Anankos being here. I'd say Mitama, Mozu, Reina, and Kiragi are the big candidates for the third main pool slot, while Shura, Sumeragi, Mikoto, or Hans could be the GHB.
  • October: Three Houses. Felix and Dorothea are at the top, I'd bet on them being joined by a Golden Deer demote for the three main slots. Leonie, Lorenz, Raphael, and Ignatz are the options there, in order - despite being the most popular, I'd bet against Leonie so they can save her for later. If we're getting only one regular 5* due to an OC like on the recent FE7 and FE2 banners, I could see them holding back Dorothea in favor of Caspar. For a GHB, Cornelia, Judith, Miklan, or Thales seem plausible.
  • November: SD/Mystery. Matthis, Nyna, and Hardin are at the top, and they'd make a fitting banner. They're followed by Xane, Elice, and Eztel, with Etzel in particular looking like the top GHB candidate.
  • December: Tellius. The top missing characters are Boyd, Lucia, Stefan, Edward, Tormod, and Volug, with Heather and Meg a ways behind. This is tricky to guess since there are so many different directions they could go, and the top three that didn't just get a seasonal are all swordmasters. Given that Radiant Dawn has gone so long without a New Heroes banner, I'm guessing they'll give it the focus and go for Edward and Tormod. That would probably end up as a Part 1 theme, with Meg or Volug likely rounding out the banner and Jarod as a strong GHB candidate.
  • January: Awakening, probably, since they seem to be standing by the cycle even with the games that are running out. There's three banners' worth of characters here, and it's difficult to guess how they might divide them up. I'm guessing that rather than Trickster Anna, they'll go for Severa and Inigo as the next two top units, and round it out with one of the remaining possible Gen 1 units (Gregor, Vaike, Ricken, or Kellam) and a Validar GHB.
  • February: Sacred Stones. The top three are Vanessa/Gilliam/Franz for a solid earlygame theme, and Glen can finally finish the Six Generals.

Not gonna even try to guess the Ascendeds. It'd be nice to throw in a TMS banner somewhere in there and finally get it out of the way, but I keep guessing that and it keeps not happening, so who knows.

I've sent Feedback asking them to give those old 2nd place CYL winners prf skills, and even refine some of those old ones. A more competent B skill could give Lyn a push to be better than the easier to build Summer Leonie. Same with Roy and his dad being easier to access.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Speculating about likely banners for the next few months, as the patterns continue to become clearer.

I wonder who the GHB in August would be? They could add Trickster Anna here since the CYL banner is already mostly Awakening. Or Abysskeeper since that's what we're doing now apparently.

September, Fates maybe second generation since last one first generation. Dwyer, Kiragi,  Mitama and Ascended sounds good for banner.

October, I'm just praying it's hopes banner so I can skip and hope for another great opportunity for Brave Felix instead.

November, I have no idea for this one, too many character but it seems it's finally Nyna time??

December, if OC new book is great unit and likeable character, Dawn Bridge + Ascended can maybe happen??

9 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I wonder who the GHB in August would be? They could add Trickster Anna here since the CYL banner is already mostly Awakening. Or Abysskeeper since that's what we're doing now apparently.

Good question. Interestingly, all three CYLs so far to include a free unit had it be a Tellius character: Sigrun in 2019, Jorge in 2020, and Pelleas in 2021. So I wonder if that trend will continue.

Despite only being playable in FE10, Sigrun was classified as an FE9 addition while that year's Tellius New Heroes banners were FE10, while 2020 and 2021 had FE9 banners and FE10 GHBs. If we finally go back to FE10 as our Tellius banner for this year, I wonder if we'll get an FE9 GHB next month.

(But really they should just give Tellius two banners per year.)

18 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Brave Ike's B-skill was always kinda bad, and Brave Lyn's B-skill (while still decent) can be countered by things like null-c disrupt and is relatively tame for the stuff that comes out nowadays.

Beorc's Blessing has always been awful. Even at launch, there really wasn't any reason to use it. It was clearly intended to act as a counter to Litrblade, but Ike's Res was crap, and he had to give up his default Steady Breath in order to run Distant Counter. Running Beorc's Blessing also meant giving up Quick Riposte, which was not yet available as a Sacred Seal. Its effect also makes zero sense in terms of lore. (I see what it's trying to do in the absence of beast units, but it didn't age well.)

Sacae's Blessing is actually still pretty good. It doesn't compare to modern exclusive skills, but it's still comparable to modern inheritable skills and is therefore worth consideration over other options for the slot. Being countered by Null C-Disrupt is not that big of a deal, as not many units actually run the skill over the many other better B skills that exist.

Lyn's problem is the combination of her outdated stats and outdated weapon. With Dragonflowers, she only has 36/38 offenses, which is crap when considering that Wolf has 40/43 offenses and Leonie has 38/41. Even with a Resplendent outfit, Lyn would only be at 38/40, which still falls behind. Unlike units with more recent refines that can make up for worse stats with a stronger weapon, Mulagir only grants a maximum of +4/7 offenses and only when she has higher visible Spd than the opponent, which is worse than Whitecap Bow+ [Spd], which grants +5/7 offenses with a more lenient condition. The fact that Mulagir is almost strictly worse than an inheritable weapon means that she's never going to be stronger than another unit with the same stats, much less stronger than any unit with higher base stats, even if their exclusive weapon is worse than Mulagir (because both units still have access to all inheritable weapons).

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that Mulagir is almost strictly worse than an inheritable weapon means that she's never going to be stronger than another unit with the same stats, much less stronger than any unit with higher base stats, even if their exclusive weapon is worse than Mulagir (because both units still have access to all inheritable weapons).

I am pretty sure Mulagir is worse than inheritable Weapons. There is no reason to not use Ninja Yumi or Whitecap Bow if you can afford it; I would take true damage and Brave or full Mt and Brave over Dull Ranged any day. If the player wants to commit her fully to Sweeping, there is Firesweep Bow too, and Firesweeping is lot more lenient on stats.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Speculating about likely banners for the next few months, as the patterns continue to become clearer. Using this as my main reference:

• September: Fates. Dwyer and Scarlet are the top missing characters, so they seem like good guesses. Mitama, Anankos, Mozu, Reina, Kiragi, and Shura are behind them, although I can't see Anankos being here. I'd say Mitama, Mozu, Reina, and Kiragi are the big candidates for the third main pool slot, while Shura, Sumeragi, Mikoto, or Hans could be the GHB.
  • October: Three Houses. Felix and Dorothea are at the top, I'd bet on them being joined by a Golden Deer demote for the three main slots. Leonie, Lorenz, Raphael, and Ignatz are the options there, in order - despite being the most popular, I'd bet against Leonie so they can save her for later. If we're getting only one regular 5* due to an OC like on the recent FE7 and FE2 banners, I could see them holding back Dorothea in favor of Caspar. For a GHB, Cornelia, Judith, Miklan, or Thales seem plausible.
  • November: SD/Mystery. Matthis, Nyna, and Hardin are at the top, and they'd make a fitting banner. They're followed by Xane, Elice, and Eztel, with Etzel in particular looking like the top GHB candidate.
  • December: Tellius. The top missing characters are Boyd, Lucia, Stefan, Edward, Tormod, and Volug, with Heather and Meg a ways behind. This is tricky to guess since there are so many different directions they could go, and the top three that didn't just get a seasonal are all swordmasters. Given that Radiant Dawn has gone so long without a New Heroes banner, I'm guessing they'll give it the focus and go for Edward and Tormod. That would probably end up as a Part 1 theme, with Meg or Volug likely rounding out the banner and Jarod as a strong GHB candidate.
  • January: Awakening, probably, since they seem to be standing by the cycle even with the games that are running out. There's three banners' worth of characters here, and it's difficult to guess how they might divide them up. I'm guessing that rather than Trickster Anna, they'll go for Severa and Inigo as the next two top units, and round it out with one of the remaining possible Gen 1 units (Gregor, Vaike, Ricken, or Kellam) and a Validar GHB.
  • February: Sacred Stones. The top three are Vanessa/Gilliam/Franz for a solid earlygame theme, and Glen can finally finish the Six Generals.

Not gonna even try to guess the Ascendeds. It'd be nice to throw in a TMS banner somewhere in there and finally get it out of the way, but I keep guessing that and it keeps not happening, so who knows.

I made a topic about making the Book 6 New Heroes banners, but it was way back in November. And then CYL happened and Ascended characters became a thing and it got all messy and messed up. I think now I'd speculate:

• September: Fates. Scarlet, Dwyer, Mitama, Kiragi, and Mozu are the most likely characters, I think. The banner will have at least three of them on it, or two on the banner and one as a reward/direct injection. They hate committing to Hoshido so they'll give us Ascended Leo as the king of Nohr like at the end of Birthright, or Ascended Hinoka as queen of Hoshido like the end of Conquest (because Birthright/Hoshido isn't allowed to be fully focused). The GHB will be either Hans or Shura.

• October: Three Houses. I was certain that Marianne would end up as our first Ascended Three Houses character, but you know what? I think we'll get an Ascended Heroes OC here, namely Eir. The Three Houses units will be rounded out by Felix, Dorothea, Raphael, and Ignatz, with either Raphael or Ignatz as the reward/direct injection. GHB Thales.

• November: SD/Mystery. I'm sure we'll get a Heroes OC on this banner, but I can't think of any to use as an Ascended one. Unless the Eir side story ends in October and we end up with Ascended Veronica here. Regardless, Nyna is an incredibly safe bet for the SD/Mystery focus, and Matthis is as well...as surprising as that is. Hardin, Xane, or Elice will join them, and the GHB will be either Etzel, Lorenz, or Sampson.

• December: Tellius. I think they'll go with Path of Radiance and give us a Bryce GHB. I'd bet the banner ends up being Lucia, Geoffrey, and Kieran, potentially with Ascended Elincia.

• January: Awakening. They'll either go with Trickster Anna, Gregor, Vaike, and Ascended Lissa, or Severa, Inigo, Ascended Lucina (from the DLC where she slays Grima), and one of either Noire or Laurent. Either way, Valider GHB.

• February: Sacred Stones. Glen will be the GHB no matter what. I bet the banner itself will go in one of two directions: it'll go Ascended Innes, Vanessa, Syrene, Gilliam, or it'll go Ascended Eirika, Vanessa, Gilliam, Franz.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I made a topic about making the Book 6 New Heroes banners, but it was way back in November. And then CYL happened and Ascended characters became a thing and it got all messy and messed up. I think now I'd speculate:

• September: Fates. Scarlet, Dwyer, Mitama, Kiragi, and Mozu are the most likely characters, I think. The banner will have at least three of them on it, or two on the banner and one as a reward/direct injection. They hate committing to Hoshido so they'll give us Ascended Leo as the king of Nohr like at the end of Birthright, or Ascended Hinoka as queen of Hoshido like the end of Conquest (because Birthright/Hoshido isn't allowed to be fully focused). The GHB will be either Hans or Shura.

• October: Three Houses. I was certain that Marianne would end up as our first Ascended Three Houses character, but you know what? I think we'll get an Ascended Heroes OC here, namely Eir. The Three Houses units will be rounded out by Felix, Dorothea, Raphael, and Ignatz, with either Raphael or Ignatz as the reward/direct injection. GHB Thales.

• November: SD/Mystery. I'm sure we'll get a Heroes OC on this banner, but I can't think of any to use as an Ascended one. Unless the Eir side story ends in October and we end up with Ascended Veronica here. Regardless, Nyna is an incredibly safe bet for the SD/Mystery focus, and Matthis is as well...as surprising as that is. Hardin, Xane, or Elice will join them, and the GHB will be either Etzel, Lorenz, or Sampson.

• December: Tellius. I think they'll go with Path of Radiance and give us a Bryce GHB. I'd bet the banner ends up being Lucia, Geoffrey, and Kieran, potentially with Ascended Elincia.

• January: Awakening. They'll either go with Trickster Anna, Gregor, Vaike, and Ascended Lissa, or Severa, Inigo, Ascended Lucina (from the DLC where she slays Grima), and one of either Noire or Laurent. Either way, Valider GHB.

• February: Sacred Stones. Glen will be the GHB no matter what. I bet the banner itself will go in one of two directions: it'll go Ascended Innes, Vanessa, Syrene, Gilliam, or it'll go Ascended Eirika, Vanessa, Gilliam, Franz.

Yeah, my initial guesses from that thread have gotten pretty thoroughly derailed by now.

I don't know what to make of the possibility of more Heroes Ascendeds, but I'm inclined to bet they'll continue to skew pretty heavily towards female characters. I also get the idea that 3H Ascendeds could focus on making War Arc versions of characters who don't have them yet, which would put Marianne lower on the list. For FE8, Tana seems like a strong candidate, maybe with... huh, this banner probably wants someone with a weapon other than a sword or lance, huh.

As much as I'd love a Lucia/Geoffrey/Kieran/Bryce banner, I really hope they finally give us another FE10 banner rather than continuing to stick to FE9. For Awakening, given that there's four kids and they're probably getting split between two banners, I'm betting on a 2/2 split rather than 3/1.

They might just end up giving us Ascended Tana and L'Arachel and pretend Innes never existed or something.

I'm still annoyed that getting an Ascended unit from that game means that the banner loses one actual new character from that game. I wonder what'll happen when a game finally runs out of named characters who could reasonably sell a banner, like how Echoes is about to. Do they just skip them in rotation from then on, or do they try to keep it afloat with alts and, uh ... alts, and minor bosses?

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

They might just end up giving us Ascended Tana and L'Arachel and pretend Innes never existed or something.

I'm still annoyed that getting an Ascended unit from that game means that the banner loses one actual new character from that game. I wonder what'll happen when a game finally runs out of named characters who could reasonably sell a banner, like how Echoes is about to. Do they just skip them in rotation from then on, or do they try to keep it afloat with alts and, uh ... alts, and minor bosses?

Until last week's banner, I didn't think Echoes and Awakening were part of a regular rotation at all.

If we assume Echoes has two banners left in it, it should have its final New Heroes banner around late 2024, which means we'd find out what follows around late 2025. Despite how close it feels, that's enough time that it's difficult to guess what the game might look like by then. But my inclination is to expect it'll just get kicked back out of the regular rotation.

It ... actually kinda fits her and looks really nice, but I'm still a wee bit annoyed that all the Sacred Stones princesses have been fairies. And that all of the fairies have been female by extension.

As far as stats go, Larchel now has 38/36 offenses with max Dragonflowers and the Resplendent boost, which is identical to Valentine Soren, who shares the exact same class, and is only -1/-1 compared to Halloween Larchel, who is a green tome cavalry.

Ivaldi grants Larchel +8/+3 offenses, which is pretty underwhelming, but does come with a higher consistent Atk stat than inheritable options other than Blarblade. For a more typical Spd build, it's better to run Flora Guide or Drifting Grace if you can get your hands on one of them or Blarfox otherwise, but Valentine Veronica is better than Larchel for that build since she has the same Atk stat and 4 more Spd.

Larchel goes from being the third worst blue tome cavalry (after Olwen and Ursula) to tying for the third worst blue tome cavalry (with Valentine Soren and Groom Pent). Better, but unless she's a favorite of yours, probably still not worth using if you have any of the units that are better than her (and Reinhardt and Valentine Veronica are both F2P options).