Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As per the new Feh Channel...

Hide contents

We aren't getting pirates this year, it seems. We're getting thieves. So, will we still get ninjas in November?

I'm guessing not. I'm curious to see what that means, and it also raises questions about January. (And September, but that was already up in the air.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm guessing not. I'm curious to see what that means, and it also raises questions about January. (And September, but that was already up in the air.

I suppose we could still get pirates in September, but I guess we'll see!

42 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I do like the thieves banner and the characters involved but its a shame the pirate banner got skipped since Tormod might have been a lock in that one. 

So, I wanted to mention this here because I didn't want to derail the FEH Channel topic. But in the Fallen Heroes banner this year, didn't Sharena's little illustrations show Tormod with fallen Muarim colored in? I know that Sharena's pictures sometimes include characters not in the game yet, and the two that come to my memory are Vaida in Heath's and Fred in Olwen's. I don't think either Vaida nor Fred were colored in, but rather grayed out.

Do you guys know of any other instances of characters not in Heroes who show up in illustrations of other characters, and whether they are grayed out or colored in? Because if this has any significance at all, maybe Tormod is planned to be added soon? At least at the point when Sharena's illustration of Muarim was created?

Garcia was drawn and colored on Ross’s page, and Ross was added in November 2019 while his pops is still nowhere to be found in FEH today.

So unfortunately, I don’t think Tormod appearing in Muarim’s page really means anything.

I didn’t know if this was more discussion or question, so here it goes: What’s the deal with the little kid banners? Pirates, Brides, Easter, Christmas, it’s not like they truly make sense, but I get it. The little kids thing just confuses me. Is there something culturally I am missing or something beyond the games but still in the more where it makes sense?

11 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I didn’t know if this was more discussion or question, so here it goes: What’s the deal with the little kid banners? Pirates, Brides, Easter, Christmas, it’s not like they truly make sense, but I get it. The little kids thing just confuses me. Is there something culturally I am missing or something beyond the games but still in the more where it makes sense?

The first child banner, if I recall correctly, coincided with the 30th anniversary of FE and featured young versions of characters from the first ever FE game. As for the other two years ... no fuckin' clue, to be honest. Either they saw that the child-themed banner sold well and decided to continue it ... or this is the last year we'll get them because of an old FEH comic that featured Eirika, Catria, and Mist wanting Kiran to summon child version of their brothers and Marth and this was all the result of a long-running joke.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The first child banner, if I recall correctly, coincided with the 30th anniversary of FE and featured young versions of characters from the first ever FE game. As for the other two years ... no fuckin' clue, to be honest. Either they saw that the child-themed banner sold well and decided to continue it ... or this is the last year we'll get them because of an old FEH comic that featured Eirika, Catria, and Mist wanting Kiran to summon child version of their brothers and Marth and this was all the result of a long-running joke.

A weird thing is that the original offered a chance to get Marth and Merric in their NES outfits, but there hasn't been much like that to give compelling reasons for the others to exist. Closest thing is Soren, since it does show a significantly different side of his personality that was established in the original story.

With the willingness they've shown to play around with the less-established banners, perhaps at some point they'll swap April back to picnic or to something else.

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

A weird thing is that the original offered a chance to get Marth and Merric in their NES outfits, but there hasn't been much like that to give compelling reasons for the others to exist. Closest thing is Soren, since it does show a significantly different side of his personality that was established in the original story.

With the willingness they've shown to play around with the less-established banners, perhaps at some point they'll swap April back to picnic or to something else.

The child banner was also a perfect oppertunity to show Minerva as a Pegasus knight which has also been established in her backstory, but they somehow managed to completely miss that oppertunity despite putting her in the game. Idk if they just didn't know (unlikely) or they just really didn't want to diverge from the typical stat lines given to Pegasus and wyvern.

The Magvel one gave us the oppertunity to see Eirika, Ephriam and Lyon actuly interacting as friends, which is a little novel.

Going forward I guess there's some potential for a Valantia banner and Celica with the Golden Knife, as child versions of the Ram Village gang already exist.

What month do they do the kids banners? International children's day is a thing, maybe it coincides.

Edited by Jotari

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Going forward I guess there's some potential for a Valantia banner and Celica with the Golden Knife, as child versions of the Ram Village gang already exist.

I am fine with that, as long the Duo Hero is Gray & Tobin. Alm & Celica already have a duo, we don't need another one but being Celica & Alm instead.

52 minutes ago, Jotari said:What month do they do the kids banners? International children's day is a thing, maybe it coincides.

I was running the paralogues today - it is the banner between Easter and Brides. So I guess it is just the special between the two waifu pulls (is that offensive? I don’t want to be offensive just heard the term.)

And thanks. The answers kinda shed light that I wasn’t too off I’m not getting it.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

What month do they do the kids banners? International children's day is a thing, maybe it coincides.

The month the child banners have been in is April.
Japanese Children's Day, meanwhile, is in May.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am fine with that, as long the Duo Hero is Gray & Tobin. Alm & Celica already have a duo, we don't need another one but being Celica & Alm instead.

Personally I kind of wish duos had never been a thing. They don't add much to the game and they never really use them to represent duo themed characters (like the Bandit Twins or Marla and Hestia). I see the gameplay benefit, but really there's no connection between duos and map effects. Such things could have been implemented in a way more fun way as equippable Batallions.

All that being said, yeah, young Tobin and Gray would be fun. Though it would break format, I would like to see Mycen as a duo unit protecting the kids. One issue you run into with a Ram children banner is that Celica is the only one with an actual weapon. And the villagers don't even have canonical weapons. So the option is to just throw swords on everyone as in canon, or to give them cavalry and mage powers and the like from their promotions...which doesn't make a tonne of sense as, unlike Merric and Boyd etc the Ram Village kids don't have any training that would lend them to having such abilities.

Edited by Jotari

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Personally I kind of wish duos had never been a thing. They don't add much to the game and they never really use them to represent duo themed characters (like the Bandit Twins or Marla and Hestia). I see the gameplay benefit, but really there's no connection between duos and map effects. Such things could have been implemented in a way more fun way as equippable Batallions.

I don't mind the concept of Duo Heroes... I just don't like the BST boost. That was totally not necessary at all.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't mind the concept of Duo Heroes... I just don't like the BST boost. That was totally not necessary at all.

A lot of them are in classes with low stat totals, so this makes them actually viable to use in the Arena. Without their Duel effect, they'd lose a lot of their value since they aren't otherwise designed to be used in other game modes in particular.

It's there to make them actually worth pulling for players that care more about gameplay performance.

I am currently all caught on chapters and paralogues so have been feather (for Ignatz) and orb grinding. One thing I like about the feather system is it forces me to use units I would never ever be interested in and I think I have found a new great team of units, that again, I would never really use. Leanne, Legendary Tiki and Ash just work really well together. Between Ash and Leanne, Tiki just doesn't get left behind as much as she has in the past. Leanne's buffs are pretty great and Ash is just one of the most fun units that has been released in a while. I get from a coverage standpoint that this isn't really a great team, but the movement, buffs and healing make them a lot of fun. And I think a lack of fun is what drives me to quit the game from time-to-time. Do any of you have some units that might surprise everyone else as one of your main units? I know from the War Room that there are a lot of teams that are very non-traditional.

Also, in a very different vein, what do you think of running all colorless teams?

4 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I am currently all caught on chapters and paralogues so have been feather (for Ignatz) and orb grinding. One thing I like about the feather system is it forces me to use units I would never ever be interested in and I think I have found a new great team of units, that again, I would never really use. Leanne, Legendary Tiki and Ash just work really well together. Between Ash and Leanne, Tiki just doesn't get left behind as much as she has in the past. Leanne's buffs are pretty great and Ash is just one of the most fun units that has been released in a while. I get from a coverage standpoint that this isn't really a great team, but the movement, buffs and healing make them a lot of fun. And I think a lack of fun is what drives me to quit the game from time-to-time. Do any of you have some units that might surprise everyone else as one of your main units? I know from the War Room that there are a lot of teams that are very non-traditional.

Also, in a very different vein, what do you think of running all colorless teams?

One unit that I didn't care about before but I think its pretty fun to use now is Spring Veronica. She hits so hard, buffs everyone and herself, and also grants orders buffs to everyone. She is great. I don't use her in competitive though. But I use Picnic Flora in Aether Raids, and she became amazing after the refinement. She is one of my best Far Saviors.

The full colorless team is not a bad idea, although it's nice to have some color advantage to make life easier against certain foes. Also, if you run into a foe that has WTA against colorless, you may be in trouble. Units like Nagi and Fallen Lyon can be really bulky.

5 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

24 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The full colorless team is not a bad idea, although it's nice to have some color advantage to make life easier against certain foes. Also, if you run into a foe that has WTA against colorless, you may be in trouble. Units like Nagi and Fallen Lyon can be really bulky.

Fallen Lyon shouldn't be a problem since his weapon triangle advantage against colorless only applies to ranged units.

Full colorless is fine in most game modes. Triangle Adept with weapon triangle advantage against colorless is rare nowadays, and the strongest wall breakers in the game still win even with weapon triangle disadvantage.

Double Ash with Fallen Edelgard and a bonus unit is a pretty good Tempest Trials team.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fallen Lyon shouldn't be a problem since his weapon triangle advantage against colorless only applies to ranged units.

Ah right... I actually forgot about that part of the weapon. Same for his younger version.

I wonder if they plan to change that for his refinement next year, and make it useful against all colorless foes.

And so Lon'qu finally gets something.

How is this literally the first thing he's getting since launch other than his base version???

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And so Lon'qu finally gets something.

How is this literally the first thing he's getting since launch other than his base version???

Lon’qu just wasn’t lucky enough to get a seasonal early on when about half of them went to Awakening characters by default. And then Awakening stopped getting seasonals for a good while.

Also, I guess the mecha dwarf theme just doesn’t exist anymore. We’re getting close to a full year since the last one (Sothe).

As far as performance, Resplendent Lon'qu is pretty much dead on arrival.

His base Spd is quite high, hitting 48 with the Resplendent stat boost, a Spd Asset, and max Dragonflowers, which is only 2 behind the current highest among sword infantry (Resplendent Karla). The problem is that his weapon is pretty bad by modern standards, and his low base Atk of only 35 with the Resplendent stat boost and max Dragonflowers certainly isn't helping, either.

Solitary Blade only has the Slaying effect and Life and Death 3, which was okay when it was released, but is now only as good as an inheritable weapon. The newly released Florid Cane, for example, can be refined for either +0/0 offenses or -2/+3 offenses compared to Solitary Blade without the penalty to defenses and only trades the Slaying effect for Canto (Rem.+1).

Overall, he ends up with -6/-7 offenses compared to Resplendent Karla before accounting for Karla's Spd-based additional damage. Even with max merges, he falls behind an unmerged Karla.

Compared to other 4-star units, Guy has +3/-1 offenses over Lon'qu and doesn't require as many Dragonflowers to max out, but his most damning competition is Rutger, whose newly refined weapon now gives him +5/+3 offenses over Lon'qu with the same Slaying effect on top of having two additional skill effects.

Even in Limited Hero Battles, Lon'qu competes with Yen'fay for a slot. While Yen'fay's stats aren't quite as high, being -2/-3 behind Lon'qu, Yen'fay simply has more useful skill effects on his weapon, which has Distant Counter and Dodge 3.

As is typical, no complaints about the art. It's solid.

45 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Lon’qu just wasn’t lucky enough to get a seasonal early on when about half of them went to Awakening characters by default. And then Awakening stopped getting seasonals for a good while.

Also, I guess the mecha dwarf theme just doesn’t exist anymore. We’re getting close to a full year since the last one (Sothe).

It's honestly baffling to my IRL friend and me how IS managed to skip over her two favorite Awakening characters who actually had enough popularity to sell alt banners in the early days. And Cherche hasn't gotten anything, period.