• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Lon'qu's Resplendent art looks amazing, it's a big improvement from his original artwork, in my opinion. I love it. He's one of my Top 5 favorite Awakening characters, so, I'm glad to see him finally getting something. I'd love to see him get some kind of seasonal alt down the line, and Cherche as well.

That said, I'm genuinely surprised that Lon'qu and Gaius both got a Resplendent before Tharja. Heck, I'm surprised Nowi did, as well. I thought Tharja would have been a lockĀ and already gotten one by now, and Olivia, too, for that matter.

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That said, I'm genuinely surprised that Lon'qu and Gaius both got a Resplendent before Tharja. Heck, I'm surprised Nowi did, as well. I thought Tharja would have been a lockĀ and already gotten one by now, and Olivia, too, for that matter.

Ephraim, Tharja, Female Corrin, and Camilla are allĀ longĀ overdue for a Resplendent outfit at this point.Ā 

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ephraim, Tharja, Female Corrin, and Camilla are allĀ longĀ overdue for a Resplendent outfit at this point.Ā 

Yeah, they (and A!Tiki, Sigurd, Soren, Mia, Leo, Nephenee, Ninian, Ayra) are overdue because IS has mostly been picking B-list (at best) characters for more than a year now.Ā 

Since Celica in June 2021, there has been just seven Resplendents that placed within the top 100 of CYL6: Ryoma [90th], Nowi [56th], Ishtar [78th], Seliph [3rd], M!Corrin [32nd], L'Arachel [92nd] and Lon'qu [94th].

The rest of them from July 2021 to now placed around 150th at best toĀ 320th (Est) at worst, with fourteen of them placing below 200th.Ā 

Complete shift of topic - Those September banners are making me wish I hadnā€™t done as much to get Nina, but that saidā€¦she is gonna be the new Yuri in terms of annoyance. Man. Knowing I can teleport back after a snipe is so usefulā€¦and is gonna annoy me in summoner duels and arena.

I am still not totally sold on Nina. Yes, she is strong. But she relies on killing her foe in one hit since she may die to any counterattack. At least that's my impresson of her from the TT. Of course going against a Nina controlled by another player is a different thing. I will only see that in AR replays though, since I don't play Duels R/S.

Maybe giving Windsweep on her to avoid melee far saviors, but she doesn't have a way to guaranteed follow-up and be able to double... unless you run her in Astra with Naga or have another source of that effect like August or Lucina, or even using Legendary Byleth within 2 spacecs of her for some Drive NFU. Outside Askr and Legendary Hector, she doesn't have access to any Pulse effect to charge her Lethality faster, and no slaying to make it a lower cooldown... But I understand her being more annoying in AR-D though, in Catria teams or simple Cav lines.

I confess I am a little tempted by this banner but I think I can skip it without falling for this trap. I need to be safe for at least one spark in the CYL banner, and then I will save for October's Legendary Banner where I will summon for Askr's and Elimine's merges.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am still not totally sold on Nina. Yes, she is strong. But she relies on killing her foe in one hit since she may die to any counterattack. At least that's my impresson of her from the TT. Of course going against a Nina controlled by another player is a different thing. I will only see that in AR replays though, since I don't play Duels R/S.

Maybe giving Windsweep on her to avoid melee far saviors, but she doesn't have a way to guaranteed follow-up and be able to double... unless you run her in Astra with Naga or have another source of that effect like August or Lucina, or even using Legendary Byleth within 2 spacecs of her for some Drive NFU. Outside Askr and Legendary Hector, she doesn't have access to any Pulse effect to charge her Lethality faster, and no slaying to make it a lower cooldown... But I understand her being more annoying in AR-D though, in Catria teams or simple Cav lines.

I confess I am a little tempted by this banner but I think I can skip it without falling for this trap. I need to be safe for at least one spark in the CYL banner, and then I will save for October's Legendary Banner where I will summon for Askr's and Elimine's merges.

Totally fair points. I was gonna push back on the strength thing and then I realized even though I only have 101 5* units, so obviously missing a lot of big hitters, she is still 19th on attack and isnā€™t even top 25 for speed. Granted she has absolutely no investment beyond leveling her to 40.

20 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, they (and A!Tiki, Sigurd, Soren, Mia, Leo, Nephenee, Ninian, Ayra) are overdue because IS has mostly been picking B-list (at best) characters for more than a year now.Ā 

Since Celica in June 2021, there has been just seven Resplendents that placed within the top 100 of CYL6: Ryoma [90th], Nowi [56th], Ishtar [78th], Seliph [3rd], M!Corrin [32nd], L'Arachel [92nd] and Lon'qu [94th].

The rest of them from July 2021 to now placed around 150th at best toĀ 320th (Est) at worst, with fourteen of them placing below 200th.Ā 

I'd hesitate to call a character like Florina a B-list character. Out of 600+ possibe placements, consistently landing in the 150-ish mark is pretty darn good (71 in CYL 1, 147 in CYL 2, 157 in CYL 3, 144 CYL 4, 150 CYL 5,Ā 149 CYL 6). Along with the Lord Trio, Nino, and Ninian, she's consistently been one of the more popular Blazing Blade characters. As far as BB goes, I wouldn't say she's a B-lister.

I'd say the same for Deirdre, but for different reasons. Regardless of CYL rank, she's an important character in her game, certainly more important than someone like Tailtiu, or even Eldigan.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd hesitate to call a character like Florina a B-list character. Out of 600+ possible placements, consistently landing in the 150-ish mark is pretty darn good (71 in CYL 1, 147 in CYL 2, 157 in CYL 3, 144 CYL 4, 150 CYL 5,Ā 149 CYL 6). Along with the Lord Trio, Nino, and Ninian, she's consistently been one of the more popular Blazing Blade characters. As far as BB goes, I wouldn't say she's a B-lister.

That's fair. That said, IS themselves don't seem to hold Florina in that high of a regard givenĀ she just got her first (stand alone) alt this year andĀ got her Resplendent after Raven and Serra (and the latter is one of the Resplendents that placed below 300th in CYL6).

But on the other hand regarding the alt point, IS also doesn't seem to like giving FE7 alts much in general (not compared to FE6 anyways).

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd say the same for Deirdre, but for different reasons. Regardless of CYL rank, she's an important character in her game, certainly more important than someone like Tailtiu, or even Eldigan.

Yeah, Deirdre is a lord adjacent character but at same time isn't a particularly popular one. And she got herĀ Resplendent before Sigurd and (at the time) Seliph so that's kinda questionable (except not really at the same time since she shares her Japanese voice actress with Rhea and Niime so Deirdre probably got her Resplendent out ofĀ convenience)Ā as far as I'm concerned.

So uhhh ... you can apparently get your own lead unit in Binding Worlds. Wish I'd remembered to take a picture of it, but I got my own Soiree Reinhardt when I moved someone onto an enclosure XD;

EDIT: And then when I moved him onto an enclosure, ended up with eclipse's Ares. This mode is at least good for making me laugh at stuff.

Edited by Sunwoo

The reward structure is odd. The floor rewards include 540 dragonflowers, but little else, just 2 orbs and 120 Ephemera. (And 9 torches.) Meanwhile the daily rewards have another 120 dragonflowers and 8 orbs.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

The reward structure is odd. The floor rewards include 540 dragonflowers, but little else, just 2 orbs and 120 Ephemera. (And 9 torches.) Meanwhile the daily rewards have another 120 dragonflowers and 8 orbs.

Ā 

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So uhhh ... you can apparently get your own lead unit in Binding Worlds. Wish I'd remembered to take a picture of it, but I got my own Soiree Reinhardt when I moved someone onto an enclosure XD;

EDIT: And then when I moved him onto an enclosure, ended up with eclipse's Ares. This mode is at least good for making me laugh at stuff.

Yeah. It is certainly interesting. It took about three floors to realize ā€œOh. I literally just need to tap out my lowest unit and refresh with someone better.ā€ I feel like the goal here is ā€œEveryone put in unique units so people get to play with chars they donā€™t have.ā€

Since you can't gain EXP though battles in this mode, you MUST keep changing units if you want to beat higher level enclosures (last map will have Lv 72 foes).

You have the option of giving your current unit levels instead of changing to a new unit, but you can only get 1-2 levels per time, while the new units can be 4-5 levels higher than your current unit. Although if you get a very good unit, I may want to keep it instead. (I got my Summer Claude and I will try to keep him until the end, since even being lower level than foes he still is broken)

I liked this mode so far.

Fairly easy to understand, which I appreciate given my feelings about the game getting too complicated in recent years. It's just HoF except instead of rotating who gets the first kill, I rotate who gets to walk into the light. I doubt there's any need to optimise things to complete the mode so even just blindly upgrading the lowest level unit every time will probably be plenty. Combined with the fact that there's no incentive to plan things out (unlike with building Formas), it does encourage just doing the bare minimum for now.

I almost did screw up by not using the portal and being set to kill the last remaining enemy on their phase, but fortunately I did notice at the last moment and was able to move a melee unit to tank the ranged attack instead.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Fairly easy to understand, which I appreciate given my feelings about the game getting too complicated in recent years. It's just HoF except instead of rotating who gets the first kill, I rotate who gets to walk into the light. I doubt there's any need to optimise things to complete the mode so even just blindly upgrading the lowest level unit every time will probably be plenty. Combined with the fact that there's no incentive to plan things out (unlike with building Formas), it does encourage just doing the bare minimum for now.

I almost did screw up by not using the portal and being set to kill the last remaining enemy on their phase, but fortunately I did notice at the last moment and was able to move a melee unit to tank the ranged attack instead.

Yeah, the lack of long-term consequences makes it feel a lot more straightforward than HoF, especially the early levels. At least with HoF there was the matter of managing Exp and preparing skills that might be useful later.

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

But on the other hand regarding the alt point, IS also doesn't seem to like giving FE7 alts much in general (not compared to FE6 anyways).

True, and that honestly kinda irks me a little bit. I'd love to see an increase in FE7 seasonals, and not just the same characters again and again. Maybe Sain and Kent can get on the Christmas banner.

Forging Bonds thoughts:

Inigo, Severa, and Noire being in their seasonal outfits during a serious discussion about changing the future is very weird. And it looks like Laurent is the only one who's left out, since he doesn't have a certain in the game yet.

Meanwhile Nah appears in both Chrom and Tiki's Forging Bonds.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hmm... they called Byleth "Ashen Demon" in the Forging Bonds intro... I wonder if that could means Three Hopes banner is a possibility in the future, because I don't remember this nickname being used in Three Houses.

It did turnĀ up in Three Houses in at least one spot. Hanneman brings the name up in his C Support with Byleth.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

It did turnĀ up in Three Houses in at least one spot. Hanneman brings the name up in his C Support with Byleth.

Ah, okay. That makes sense since I never used Hanneman... at all. I think I only used him as Lysithea's adjunt, to grind support between them, so outside their supports I don't remember any of his.

14 hours ago, Othin said:

Forging Bonds thoughts:

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

Inigo, Severa, and Noire being in their seasonal outfits during a serious discussion about changing the future is very weird. And it looks like Laurent is the only one who's left out, since he doesn't have a certain in the game yet.

Meanwhile Nah appears in both Chrom and Tiki's Forging Bonds.

Ā 

Remember fallen Dimitiri's forging bond when Felix showed up to lay into him for being a boar, and he was wearing a bloody Christmas costume XD I don't know if I admire their zero fucks given about such a thing or scourn their inability to write around it or plan ahead.

I just want to say a quick thanks to many of you. I know that my arena team has A WAYS to go, but with y'all's help I have gone from a team that capped at 716 to a team that hits 736 in like two weeks, without having to give up any 5* units either. I really appreciate it and it makes the game a lot more fun.

Fun fact #1: Eirika got her Resplendent on this day two years ago.

Fun fact #2: Ephraim is the last of the four characters voiced by Greg ChunĀ to get a Resplendent.Ā 

So now that Ephraim is finally off the wait list, maybe weā€™ll also get Resplendent CamillaĀ in the not tooĀ distant future?

Despite being an almost-launch character, Resplendent Ephraim manages to actually be competitive due to his access to Flame Siegmund, unlike most of the other launch and almost-launch characters receiving Resplendent outfits.

As for his art, it's good, but it kind of feels a bit empty since Jotunheim armor isn't quite as ornate as his default outfit.

Ā 

Ephraim's primary competition comes from LegendaryĀ Dimitri, Fallen Dimitri, Nott, and, to a lesser extent, his Duo version. However, unlike the Dimitris and Nott, Ephraim has no need to run a Spd Asset and can run an Atk Asset instead.

Resplendent Ephraim has 52/45/32/39/27 base stats with maximum Dragonflowers and an Atk Asset. He is lucky enough to have access to Flame Siegmund instead of his lackluster base weapon, which grants an effective +3/12/0/9/5 in stats and +1 Special charge rateĀ and a guaranteed follow-up.

Legendary Dimitri has 43/44/47/40/21 base stats with maximum Dragonflowers and a Spd Asset. His weapon has the Slaying effect, grants +5 to all stats, and has Dodge 3. His exclusive B skill grants him additional damage equal to 25% of his Atk stat that ignores defensesĀ and inflicts -5 to all stats and +1 Special cooldown to the target and enemies in Smoke range after combat. The additional damage typically comes out to about 16-18Ā damage.

Fallen Dimitri has 43/45/46/41/20 base stats with maximum Dragonflowers and a Spd Asset. His weapon grants +0/9/6/0/0 in stats and grants him additional damage equal to 50% of his Atk stat minus the opponent's Def stat (pseudo-Glimmer) if he cannot make a follow-up attack. His exclusive B skill grants an additional effective +3 Atk/Spd, Canto (Rem.+1), and Sweep.

Nott has 43/44/47/31/30 base stats with maximum Dragonflowers and a Spd Asset. Her weapon grants +0/5/8/5/5 in stats, Bonus Doubler 3, and Pathfinder. Her exclusive B skill grants an additional effective +5 Spd/Def/Res in stats and Dodge 3.

Duo Ephraim has 45/47/34/41/29 base stats with maximum Dragonflowers and an Atk Asset. His weapon grants +3 Atk in stats, effective damage against armor and cavalry, and a guaranteed follow-up. His Duo skill grants +1 movement to himself and infantry and armored allies within 2 spaces and can be used once per map.

Ā 

As far as stats go, Ephraim is actually very much on par with his competition due to having a comparable base Atk stat and a weapon with a huge Atk boost. Having +1 Special charge rate gives him more options for Specials. While he lacks an exclusive B skill, his weapon having a refine already closes most of the gap between him and his competition having exclusive B skills, and it also allows him to more easily scale with the release of stronger inheritable B skills.

Ephraim having a low base stat total makes him not suitable for use in the Arena, but he can certainly pull his weight in Arena Assault and other game modes that don't use Arena scoring since his performance is comparable to similar units. Not being built for the Arena also means that he is free to actually use his wider available options for his Special slot.

Ephraim's primary disadvantages are the fact that he relies on a guaranteed follow-up effect for his follow-up, which means he can be shut down by Null Follow-Up and follow-up prevention by units with middling Spd or higher and the fact that he requires a lot of Dragonflowers (2,660) to max out his stats.

As far as builds go, I see two general directions that he can be optimally built:

Ā 

Non-Galeforce:

Resplendent EphraimĀ [+Atk (+Def / +Spd)]
Flame Siegmund [unique]
[Assist]
Astra / Ruptured Sky / Bonfire
Sturdy Surge / Atk/Def Ideal 4
Atk/Def Bulwark 3 / Lull Atk/Def 3 / Atk/Def Tempo 3
Atk/Def Menace 3 / etc.
Atk/Def Solo 3 / etc.

His +1 Special charge allows him to always land Astra on his follow-up attack as long as the opponent can counterattack and doesn't have Guard. If the opponent cannot counterattack, he can always land Ruptured Sky if the opponent doesn't have Guard. If the opponent has Guard, he can always land Bonfire if the opponent can counterattack.

Sturdy Surge is preferred over Atk/Def Ideal due to granting healing, though Atk/Def Ideal can still be used for the additional stats or for dual-phase use.

Atk/Def Bulwark grants an effective +4 Atk/Def/Res in stats and 7 HP regeneration after combat and fucks up the opponent's mobility. Lull Atk/Def has a smaller effective stat boost, but nullifies the opponent's Bonuses. Atk/Def Tempo is not yet released, but prevents the opponent's Guard from blocking his Special.

Atk/Def Menace gives him the greatest boost to combat performance, but he can also run a ton of alternative skills if more combat performance is not necessary, like Tempest, Assault Troop, Time's Pulse, and Infantry Pulse. Time's Pulse also allows him to viably run Aether as a Special.

The Atk/Spd and Spd/Def versions of any of the above skills can be used instead of the Atk/Def versions if needed.

Ā 

Galeforce:

Resplendent EphraimĀ [+Atk / +Spd (+Def / +Spd)]
Flame Siegmund [unique]
[Assist]
Galeforce
Atk/Def Ideal 4
Atk/Def Tempo 3 / Atk/Def Bulwark 3 / Lull Atk/Def 3 / Wings of Mercy 3
Atk/Def Menace 3 / Assault Troop 3 / Time's Pulse 3 / Infantry Pulse 3 / etc.
Atk/Def Solo 3 / etc.

Galeforce will always activate as long as the opponent can counterattack, doesn't have Guard, and doesn't die to the first attack. Tempo prevents Guard from blocking Galeforce, and Time's Pulse allows Ephraim to activate Galeforce even if the opponent cannot counterattack.

The Atk/Spd and Spd/Def versions of any of the above skills can be used instead of the Atk/Def versions if needed.