• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

In isolation I prefer the original art, but this art is useful in that were I to hypothetically have access to it, I could finally stop accidentally including OG Ephraim in my teams instead of his Legendary version.

While we are waiting for chapters I am mining for orbs and hero merit, which leads to really weird teams. Next up on the list were both Ascended Celica and Legendary Celica. First, I will admit, I am not particularly excited about either unit. This could be I really like Brave Micaiah and Summer Micaiah. But to me, and this is particular to Ascended Celica, something just doesn't feel like it hits how it is supposed to. I honestly don't have a single reason or way to explain it, but for what are supposed to be two great units, it just feels like they both lack something. Do any of you feel that too? Am I just expecting too much from those units? Is it that the Micaiahs are just that much better?

On the flip side of things, I am honestly blown away at how much better Legendary Chrom was than what I expected. I pulled him and Byleth along the way, and am currently heading to spark a third unit (and hopefully pull the fourth one on the way). When I remember to use A Fate Changed! He is basically my new favorite unit, particular alongside new Xander and Sigurd.

6 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

While we are waiting for chapters I am mining for orbs and hero merit, which leads to really weird teams. Next up on the list were both Ascended Celica and Legendary Celica. First, I will admit, I am not particularly excited about either unit. This could be I really like Brave Micaiah and Summer Micaiah. But to me, and this is particular to Ascended Celica, something just doesn't feel like it hits how it is supposed to. I honestly don't have a single reason or way to explain it, but for what are supposed to be two great units, it just feels like they both lack something. Do any of you feel that too? Am I just expecting too much from those units? Is it that the Micaiahs are just that much better?

Legendary Celica is just in need of her remix at this point. Ascended Celica is not a bad unit, since her miracle effect can get you off-guard. Summer Micaiah is very threatning, but if her foe manage to survive her quad attack... she should not survive the combat.

6 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

On the flip side of things, I am honestly blown away at how much better Legendary Chrom was than what I expected. I pulled him and Byleth along the way, and am currently heading to spark a third unit (and hopefully pull the fourth one on the way). When I remember to use A Fate Changed! He is basically my new favorite unit, particular alongside new Xander and Sigurd.

I will guess your meant Brave Chrom? Yeah, Chrom is pretty good and pretty strong. I would say his main weakness is lacking a proper NFU effect, and depending on using Inf Spd Tactic to have that.

On 8/26/2022 at 5:29 PM, Diovani Bressan said:I will guess your meant Brave Chrom? Yeah, Chrom is pretty good and pretty strong. I would say his main weakness is lacking a proper NFU effect, and depending on using Inf Spd Tactic to have that.

I don’t always use the right names. Since he came from CYL, I called him Legendary.

Well, new silhouettes are in. Feh says that the heroes "fight with the passion of a raging flame" so...not sure what exactly that means. Muspellian outfits? Maybe it's another desert country thing. Anyway, the one on the left has some birds flying around, and looks like there's a cat/tiger tail. All the detail on the clothing fringe there matches with Jugdral style garments, though. Also, the pose seems to be in perspective. There's a big ol' hand with its palm facing the viewer at an angle (like a palm thrust.) Also, I think the "hair" on this one is probably actually a flame effect blocked in with black. It may be just me, but it also looks like both shadows have thin horns, and are giving really big eastern mythology vibes. I wonder if they're wearing oni masks. So, this could be a Fire Tribe thing from Fates, with Mordecai on the left (birds + tail, though I'm not 100% on this guess) and....some lady on the right. It looks like she has one of those rope bows tied behind her. I believe ropes like that are worn in sumo, too, and isn't sumo a sport practiced in the Fire Tribe?

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Well, new silhouettes are in. Feh says that the heroes "fight with the passion of a raging flame" so...not sure what exactly that means. Muspellian outfits? Maybe it's another desert country thing. Anyway, the one on the left has some birds flying around, and looks like there's a cat/tiger tail. All the detail on the clothing fringe there matches with Jugdral style garments, though. Also, the pose seems to be in perspective. There's a big ol' hand with its palm facing the viewer at an angle (like a palm thrust.) Also, I think the "hair" on this one is probably actually a flame effect blocked in with black. It may be just me, but it also looks like both shadows have thin horns, and are giving really big eastern mythology vibes. I wonder if they're wearing oni masks. So, this could be a Fire Tribe thing from Fates, with Mordecai on the left (birds + tail, though I'm not 100% on this guess) and....some lady on the right. It looks like she has one of those rope bows tied behind her. I believe ropes like that are worn in sumo, too, and isn't sumo a sport practiced in the Fire Tribe?

I saw speculation on Reddit about the silhouettes being Skrimir and Rinkah.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I saw speculation on Reddit about the silhouettes being Skrimir and Rinkah.

But don't lions' tails have a tuft at the end? I thought for sure that their tails looked different from the tigers' and the cats'. Or maybe the tigers' tails also have tufts on the ends?

Well, we got some new art related to the Life and Death TT+ series [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

q245odpux4m91.png

........and it's Alfonse Lif back again to steal Eir's spotlight.

He will be the boss of Part 3 and is a sword cav. His new weapon has the slaying effect and, if his HP is at or above 25%, inflicts Atk/Def-6 on foe during combat, gives him a guaranteed follow-up attack, disallows the foe from making a follow-up attack, and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, we got some new art related to the Life and Death TT+ series [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

q245odpux4m91.png

........and it's Alfonse Lif back again to steal Eir's spotlight.

He will be the boss of Part 3 and is a sword cav. His new weapon has the slaying effect and, if his HP is at or above 25%, inflicts Atk/Def-6 on foe during combat, gives him a guaranteed follow-up attack, disallows the foe from making a follow-up attack, and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack.

Spoiler

That's... boring as hell. They gutted him of the one gameplay drawback that made him interesting in favor of making him an utterly standard defensive unit? And they gave him the slaying effect to boot? Wow, really hoping he doesn't stay in the spotlight for long...

The art is cool, but I was hoping the September OC would be the new character from Eir's story. Disappointing.

Although if he's taking an Ascended slot and meaning a fifth proper new character, that'd certainly be good.

Edited by Othin

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That's... boring as hell. They gutted him of the one gameplay drawback that made him interesting in favor of making him an utterly standard defensive unit? And they gave him the slaying effect to boot? Wow, really hoping he doesn't stay in the spotlight for long...

Spoiler

He was brought back by Ganglot to kill Eir (because Ganglot is too busy managing Hel to do it herself), so he might not hang around for too long after he's inevitably defeated again.

Page for Resplendent Fae since they've seemed to pause the usual Twitter posts: https://fehpass.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/00010002000098/

As for my opinion, this one's an expected but good pick for FE6 (which hadn't gotten a Resplendent since Shanna last year). It's also nice to see Fae drawn by someone not named Himukai Yuji for just the second time in this game.

Muspell Fae is cute, but it's also really hard to beat Himukai's Fae in terms of cute.

chara_img_00010002000098_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00010002000098_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00010002000098_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00010002000098_04.png

The Resplendent stat boosts bring her up to a respectable 53/40/35/32/37 after Dragonflowers (with the reminder that we recently got a Dragonflower boost).

Fae is primarily a support unit due to the fact that her weapon grants her and allies within 2 spaces +5 to all stats as a field buff, but her combat stats are still decent.

Her primary weakness in combat is the fact that she doesn't have enough skill slots to have all of the effects she wants, which makes it difficult to justify running the Distant Counter (D) Sacred Seal on her over Quick Riposte:

Fae [+Atk / +Res]
Eternal Breath [unique]
[Assist]
Aether / Moonbow
Distant Stance / Atk/Res Finish 4
Dragon Wall 3
Atk Smoke 4 / Joint Distant Guard / Canto Control 3
Quick Riposte 3

Her weapon notably inflicts -4 Res on the opponent instead of granting Atk like more recent dragon weapons do, which helps her with activating Dragon Wall.

Atk/Res Finish 4 is a viable option when running Moonbow (or Glimmer) due to the fact that she has +1 Special charge rate on the opponent's attacks, allowing her to instantly activate Finish as long as the opponent doesn't have Guard or Tempo.

While Fae can run a Menace skill, she already grants +5 to all stats to herself and nearby allies, so it's probably more optimal to run a tier-4 Smoke skill in order to get the secondary effect, Joint Distant Guard for additional bulk that stacks with her visible buffs, or a non-stat support skill like Canto Control or Infantry Pulse.

If you don't need Dragon Wall on her for whatever reason, she can run Dragon's Ire and the Distant Counter (D) Sacred Seal. Dragon's Wrath is also an option with Distant Counter (D), but is less reliable since you'd be banking on a one-hit kill with Moonbow or Glimmer.

It's also possible to replace Dragon Wall with an HP-based debuffing skill like Sudden Panic or Pulse Tie for a more support-centric build, but it's probably better to use Ninian for that.

Alternatively, you can do dumb things like run double Bonus Doubler (or triple with Legendary Eliwood) and just stack a stupid amount of stats on her since she supplies her own bonuses.

Schedule for this month's Limited Hero Battles, that begin on next week:

Spoiler
  • GHB Muarim - Awakening
  • BHB Leif & Altena - The Blazing Blade
  • MHB Seiros - Genealogy / Thracia
  • BHB Silvia & Erinys - Echoes: SoV
  • LHB Claude - Heroes

As always, dancers are not allowed in Limiterd Bound Hero Battles.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

20220911_082420.thumb.jpg.b22c7fefa2cc18f47205d6774c4e9d01.jpg

A new Calendar is up, and something caught my attention: we are getting a Legendary Hero Banner at the end of the month.

They didn't inform us about that, right? They last times they did 2 Legendaries in a row, they informed us.

Honestly, I am happy with that. I will be summoning in October's Banner for Askr and Elimine, and I value new Mythics more than New Legendaries.

6 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

20220911_082420.thumb.jpg.b22c7fefa2cc18f47205d6774c4e9d01.jpg

A new Calendar is up, and something caught my attention: we are getting a Legendary Hero Banner at the end of the month.

They didn't inform us about that, right? They last times they did 2 Legendaries in a row, they informed us.

Honestly, I am happy with that. I will be summoning in October's Banner for Askr and Elimine, and I value new Mythics more than New Legendaries.

Yeah, they did not inform us at all. Glad I waited for calendar.

17 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Do we know what the returning units are for the Legendary banner?

If there's no changes, we can go off the August thread:

Lilina and Reginn in red, Byleth F and Nott in blue, Byleth M and Xander in green, and Mila in colorless. Xander is the newest, so probably green for the new unit, with Lilith, Ninian, Rhea, and Florina likely to round out the banner.