• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

@Othin

In the end .. it was not anything we talked about. It is version X bonus units. Honestly... I am not complaining.

Certainly more convenient.

So...was I the only one who noticed Nintendo post a vid about last month's ninjas again? I think they took it down after an hour or so, but I keep waiting to hear about what the new Christmas units will be (so I know how to spend/save my orbs.) Maybe we'll get an announcement video on sunday?

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

So...was I the only one who noticed Nintendo post a vid about last month's ninjas again? 

That was just to correct the credit for Cherche’s English VA. The original trailer had Amanda Miller as the English VA, but (like with Elincia) the role now belongs to Heather Gonzalez.

Meanwhile in the actual game, they still haven’t fixed that incorrect VA credit or the issue with Minerva’s wings.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

That was just to correct the credit for Cherche’s English VA. The original trailer had Amanda Miller as the English VA, but (like with Elincia) the role now belongs to Heather Gonzalez.

Meanwhile in the actual game, they still haven’t fixed that incorrect VA credit or the issue with Minerva’s wings.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks!

Gotta say Resplendent CYL Lucina looks fabulous. Indeed it might be in the conversation for best character art in the game, period. While I generally like Kozaki art, I always thought the original version looked a little goofy, maybe in the way she gormlessly stares straight at the camera.

I'm not about to go buy FEH Pass especially when I'm only playing fairly lightly, but boy, if the next resplendent is also someone on my wishlist, it'll be the closest I'll be to being tempted to sub for the first time ever. (It does help that I'm sitting on a couple of heroes worth of Google Play credit that's otherwise useless to me, so I could finally upgrade Eliwood plus one other unit for no real extra cost if I ever subbed)

The next Resplendent Hero is once again announced early, and this one will be Askr Brave Lucina:

chara_img_00069001000168_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069001000168_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069001000168_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00069001000168_04.png

The art is excellent again, and once again even among Resplendent outfits. Easily at the top with units like Eldigan and Ishtar, probably because I think it's the same artist.

At long last, we finally get a second Brave Hero with a Resplendent outfit, and once again, it's not Brave Lyn, who is still the one who needs it the most because Mulagir still sucks.

Brave Lucina isn't really in need of the Resplendent stats since she's a support unit that has no effects on her weapon that affect herself except for effective damage, which is kind of a bummer.

If you switch out her weapon for an inheritable weapon, she actually comes out on top compared to other lance infantry with easy availability.

Lucina has 41/43 offenses with her Resplendent boosts and maximum Dragonflowers. Her competition in this category is Summer Norne from the Grail pool with 40/42+ offenses, 4-star Special Hero Summer Ogma with 41+/41, and 4-star Special Hero Ninja Male Corrin with 42+/40.

However, if you compare her to recent 5-star units, like the Dimitris and Festival Lyn, among others, Lucina will end up falling behind at similar merges, though an Arcane lance with a Spd boost would help close the gap.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Ooo it's great that you can really see her brand in her eye, even without needing to be zoomed in. (I keep forgetting she has that mark there since it's usually pretty subtle.)

Same, but then I also forget that the brand is a thing in general and never notice it on Chrom either. Maybe the David Bowie look is why I like her despite usually having contempt for sword lords. 😛

Just confirmed that my copy is +5 which is my second highest merged 5-star exclusive, which adds some extra appeal given ID's analysis above. Shame the rest of the 4*SR blue pool is so unappealing that it's my last choice for the weekly freebie.

Edited by Humanoid

Instead of saying something sarcastic regarding the first Resplendent "Lucina", I'll just leave this here:

Spoiler

AAUtjfAAD-CU.jpg

OK never mind, I do have something to add: Christ it's super embarrassing how bad it looks compared to Resplendent CYL Lucina.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The art is excellent again, and once again even among Resplendent outfits. Easily at the top with units like Eldigan and Ishtar, probably because I think it's the same artist.

This Resplendent was not drawn by Suzuki Rika. It's apparently the artist (Akka) who drew Thief Festival Leila.

I don't really care about Resplendents, but I'm getting this one. I have a head-canon that in a world where Askr doesn't really exist, Alfonse and Sharena were other children of Chrom and Olivia's who didn't make it to the past. As such, having everyone decked out in Askran gear kinda builds that sibling look, even if it's just the wardrobe. (Artstyle-wise, regular B!Lucina would be better since Kozaki did the art there, but this version looks just as good if not better.)

It's a shame that Lucina is almost purely a support unit with only dragon-effective damage, because there probably won't be many other times where you'd get to see such amazing artwork.

...then again I don't think Lucina's brand of support is all that strong anymore... +3 all stat and a Breath effect to physical-damaging allies nearby just sounds weak...

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...then again I don't think Lucina's brand of support is all that strong anymore... +3 all stat and a Breath effect to physical-damaging allies nearby just sounds weak...

I mean, anything that is not damage reduction sounds kind of weak. Flayn and Elimine set a really high bar.

Well hopefully an Arcane Lance isn't too far away, especially since the rest of her kit could use an overhaul too.

______

I had a fail today when I got distracted while trying to cheese Summoner Duels against bots - accidentally put the phone down and didn't pick it back up in time to avoid a win. So it meant that my immunity against playing real players was forfeit. But I decided to go on anyway and find out how many matches I'd need to lose to get back into bot matches. Turns out the answer was only two. I did actually play through the matches against humans on autobattle to not be a complete jerk, but now I'm completely back into the swing of bot-only matchups, and for 20 favour per loss it''s not *too* horribly tedious to grind up to my target of 1400 favour.

I'm only doing so to get the last Divine Codes 2 available in the game, so that I can spend my balance of them. I currently have 229, I plan to grab the final 200 then spend those 429 plus a bunch of Codes 3 to get the Evil M Corrin manual since Solo 4 and NFU is good value even if I'm technically downgrading my currency to get it. Undecided on whether to then spend a further 1600 Codes 3 on Say'ri since people tell me she's got perfect fodder to build Yen'fay with.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I mean, anything that is not damage reduction sounds kind of weak. Flayn and Elimine set a really high bar.

First of all, I think you need a wristband to snap whenever you think about Flayn/Elimine damage reduction.

Second, Lucina is still only providing all stat +3 and a Breath effect. A recent example of Legendary Eliwood provides +6 Atk/Spd/Def bonus (not counting the +6 Res he gives from Rally+,) Bonus Doubler, Null Panic, and Canto 1 to the ally with the highest Atk with the condition of having a Dragon or Beast ally present, none of which can be nullified by Feud once it's been granted. Recent Refreshers come with more than a few extra effects on using their refreshing skill too.

At the time Lucina was pretty good as a support unit, but these days it's pretty dang easy to make a case for... just about anyone else.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Second, Lucina is still only providing all stat +3 and a Breath effect. A recent example of Legendary Eliwood provides +6 Atk/Spd/Def bonus (not counting the +6 Res he gives from Rally+,) Bonus Doubler, Null Panic, and Canto 1 to the ally with the highest Atk with the condition of having a Dragon or Beast ally present, none of which can be nullified by Feud once it's been granted. Recent Refreshers come with more than a few extra effects on using their refreshing skill too.

Eliwood: Blazing Knight provides a lot of good effects, but the sheer quantity of effects does not mean the resulting quality is necessarily better or even good, and he also has higher cost and difficulty to run as a support unit.

His supportive effects ultimately boils down to all stats +12 and a minor buff in movement. However, the minor buff in movement is not always relevant, and all stats +12 is pretty easy to negate and reverse. All stats +12 is decent, but I would not put that above damage reduction.

In terms of cost and restrictiveness, he is worse too. You need to bring a dragon or beast in the team, he is not able to realistically support more than one unit, and you need to make sure the unit he is meant to support has the highest Atk. He is also a Legendary Hero, so his use is heavily restricted if you want to use him in PvP modes.

While Eliwood: Blazing Knight have greatly increased in his supportive abilities, it only increased enough to the point where it balances out the cost and difficulty in running him. He is good enough for players to consider using him, but he is not good enough to be a critical component to create teams and design strategies around (unless you really like his character or something and insist on using him).

So I noticed that while I always have plenty of the other three badge types, my colorless badges always seem to be running low and I keep having to go to the Training Tower on Fridays to grind for more when I want to upgrade seals that require them.

Now that I'm almost finished upgrading my non-Initiate/Ace seals (just Spd/Res left of the others), I'm looking ahead at the batches of stat seals remaining, and... as far as I can tell, for every set of 5 single-stat seals, there's one of each that require red/blue/green badges and two that require colorless badges, and for every set of 10 two-stat seals, there's two for each other color and four for colorless.

What the hell?

I think there's about an 80% chance we'll be seeing Christmas Annette this winter. So far Three Houses has been a mainstay in winter(and summer) seasonals since it came out, and in the winter banner the smoll students have always been well represented. Annette's ever present cheer and love of songs also just lends her well to a Christmas banner even if she deserves a more interesting one.

Alois might be the lame TT freebie since he's the jolliest fellow around and its the season to be jolly. 

On 12/10/2022 at 7:14 AM, XRay said:

Eliwood: Blazing Knight provides a lot of good effects, but the sheer quantity of effects does not mean the resulting quality is necessarily better or even good, and he also has higher cost and difficulty to run as a support unit.

That... isn't even close to the point I was making.

Lucina's support effects aren't that great anymore.

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think there's about an 80% chance we'll be seeing Christmas Annette this winter. So far Three Houses has been a mainstay in winter(and summer) seasonals since it came out, and in the winter banner the smoll students have always been well represented. Annette's ever present cheer and love of songs also just lends her well to a Christmas banner even if she deserves a more interesting one.

Alois might be the lame TT freebie since he's the jolliest fellow around and its the season to be jolly. 

Looks like the only core students who don't have seasonals yet are Annette/Dedue for Blue Lions, Hubert/Petra/Ferdinand for Black Eagles, and... sort of no one for Golden Deer, but Marianne's only seasonal was as a backpack. So it would make sense for them to get around to her soon.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ah gosh that does seem like a very likely set of characters for Christmas. And it upsets me. I don't want jolly Alois, I want jolly Brom, dang it!

I don't know if the Engage heroes cup replaces the usual AHR event, which would be horrible, cheap, and petty, but assuming that's not the case, could you bros do me a big one and send a vote or two to Embla? I ended up getting Veronica instead on my pulls and don't have any orbs left right now so i'll really appreciate it 😅

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

I don't know if the Engage heroes cup replaces the usual AHR event, which would be horrible, cheap, and petty, but assuming that's not the case, could you bros do me a big one and send a vote or two to Embla? I ended up getting Veronica instead on my pulls and don't have any orbs left right now so i'll really appreciate it 😅

Sure, I can spare some support for Embla. I got sidetracked from that banner so I don’t have Embla (or L!Veronica) myself either.

Embla should easily make it to the VG round, but it wouldn’t hurt to help make sure that she does.