Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

45 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So what units did the rest of you use for your pair up quests? They turned out to be pretty fun.

I used +9 Soleil and +10 Klein who are supported together. It was pretty easy indeed but so much fun! I guess mostly because it's finally something different that all the standard 'use movement type teams' or 'use blessed teams' quests, finally something that gives you more freedom in how to solve the quests, cause you could literally use any two units. Really hope we get more creative quests like this in the future, this is the most fun I had in ages with this game.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @NegativeExponents- @Johann @Nanima

I know I'm late and they've been here for a few weeks but... yeah, how about those pair up quests, eh?

KigqpGA.png

Easiest. Questline. Ever.

That was easier than most of the emblem quests that get tossed at us every month. This is also a good chance to show off my +5 Dragonflower Matthew without his HP bane, how's he looking?

So what units did the rest of you use for your pair up quests? They turned out to be pretty fun.

To be honest I haven't finished all of them yet, just the orb quests.

I just went with Tharja to test out her new tome and L!Azura.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @NegativeExponents- @Johann @Nanima

I know I'm late and they've been here for a few weeks but... yeah, how about those pair up quests, eh?

KigqpGA.png

That was easier than most of the emblem quests that get tossed at us every month. This is also a good chance to show off my +5 Dragonflower Matthew without his HP bane, how's he looking?

I honestly don’t remember who I used. Well, that’s partially a lie because I clearly remember using Inigo but can’t remember who the other unit was. I think it was either Niles or Owain? They were pretty easy but I appreciate the originality of it compared to the usual stuff we get.

7 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Any guesses as to what Red/Colorless units may get in the voting banner?

I think Colorless will be either Duma or Mia (I’m hoping Mia) but Red is hard to predict because of the heavy competition going on in that color. For Red I’m thinking Leg!Marth, Halloween Myrrh, Tibarn, or Hrid are the most likely to win.

16 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Any guesses as to what Red/Colorless units may get in the voting banner?

I'm guessing Hrid and Duma. Maybe Myrrh. I'm hoping for Myrrh, but would still be happy with Hrid.

What the hell are they waiting for, anyway?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing Hrid and Duma. Maybe Myrrh. I'm hoping for Myrrh, but would still be happy with Hrid.

Since the banner's gonna start on the 24th or somewhere-about, I'm thinking they're gonna announce the banner two or three days beforehand.

Like how other banners are handled.

3 hours ago, Mau said:

Really hope we get more creative quests like this in the future, this is the most fun I had in ages with this game.

Hmm...

Use only Special Heroes? Use only characters from Blazing Blade and Binding Blade (or any other game(s))? Use only X Color units? Use only X Range units? Use only units with a rarity less than 5? Shame no gender trait in this game. 

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

This please^~ I don't even have any flying Dragon lolis but I've been waiting on a blue flier forever~

You've been playing for how long and don't yet have a Myrrh? Or do you not just care for her?

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Damn...

To be fair...

Spoiler

This is the Illusory Dungeon. And as in TMS, when the final battle comes, Chrom must fall and be replaced by Marth. It makes perfect sense even before you consider the pedestal Marth gets placed on in lore.

Chrom could be better if he got a refine changing his Special into an AoE Breath unit instakill.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

KigqpGA.png

Couldn't be any easier for you, haha~

Can't remember who I used, I think it was something super meme-y, Lachesis and Genny (who I got recently), IIRC~

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You've been playing for how long and don't yet have a Myrrh? Or do you not just care for her?

Since launch. I've pulled on every one of her Banners, including the one-day one we just had. No Myrrhs. But I'm giving up on her now~

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Damn...

Considering Marth carries the first Fire Emblem, it's no surprise he'd be the final boss.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

Halloween Myrrh and Legendary Tiki.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

KigqpGA.png

Nice! It's good to know the dynamic duo is still going strong!

I think I used Eirika+Cordelia and just rolfstomped them. I was going to try for something more nice like Sakunya+dancer but in the end I just wanted the orbs so I went for the boring option. Doesn't help that 10th stratum is child's play compared to Abyssal maps.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering Marth carries the first Fire Emblem, it's no surprise he'd be the final boss.

You just made me realize how they picked who they did. I mean I knew Mist carries the Tellius FE, and so do Reyson and Leanne at points in RD- hence their appearance as her pawns. Elibe's is in Roy's toy, 'rin has their FE, Arvis has the most obscure and unimportant FE of all time which doesn't even use the same spelling as the others in Japanese I think. And L'Arachel was the other boss IiRC? Makes sense since her country's Sacred Stone becomes the new Fire Emblem at FE8's end.

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I think Colorless will be either Duma or Mia (I’m hoping Mia) but Red is hard to predict because of the heavy competition going on in that color. For Red I’m thinking Leg!Marth, Halloween Myrrh, Tibarn, or Hrid are the most likely to win.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Are Hrid and Duma that good? 

9 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Hrid is very good, I've gotten my ass kicked by him a lot in Aether Raids. Duma can be a bit clunky but he's an incredibly powerful tank. Plus he has a new element, and the first defensive element at that, which makes him particularly shiny.

I don't think Duma is really at the level of the units in serious competition for the other slots, but none of the likely colorless contenders really are.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You just made me realize how they picked who they did.

Bingo.

The Fire Emblems that I know of (because I don't know anything about the 3DS games) are the Binding Shield, Lehran's Medallion, the Sacred Stone of Rausten (after replacing the Sacred Stone of Grado), the gem of the Shrine of Seals used to unlock the Binding Blade, and the crest of House Velthomer, represented by Marth, Mist, Larchel, Roy, and Arvis, respectively.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Arvis has the most obscure and unimportant FE of all time which doesn't even use the same spelling as the others in Japanese I think.

ファイアーエムブレム (faiā enburemu), "Fire Emblem", and 炎の紋章 (honoo no monshou), "Fire Emblem" or "emblem of flame" if you want to be super-literal, have always referred to the same thing. The former is a transliteration from English and the latter uses native Japanese words. The crest of House Velthomer was only referred to with the latter, but that wouldn't be surprising. It's also noteworthy that Legendary Marth's Fire Emblem Special skill is also the latter.

In form factors that allow the use of ruby characters (such as manga, like Hasha), you're likely to see the word written as the latter, but indicated to be pronounced as the former due to the fact that the Japanese writing system allows the ability to indicate or override pronunciation of words using ruby characters ("furigana" in Japanese).

It's not uncommon for similar things with non-native Japanese names to be rendered similarly. In Hasha, for example, in addition to the Fire Emblem, the other Divine Weapons are introduced in the same way. For example, during its introduction Durandal is written inline as 烈火の剣 (rekka no ken), "Sword of Flame", and given the pronunciation of デュランダル (dyurandaru), "Durandal", using ruby text. Presumably, this makes foreign-looking words easier to digest and roughly translates to English as giving a name with an epithet, in this case "Durandal, the Sword of Flame".

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bingo.

The Fire Emblems that I know of (because I don't know anything about the 3DS games) are the Binding Shield, Lehran's Medallion, the Sacred Stone of Rausten (after replacing the Sacred Stone of Grado), the gem of the Shrine of Seals used to unlock the Binding Blade, and the crest of House Velthomer, represented by Marth, Mist, Larchel, Roy, and Arvis, respectively.

Awakenings Fire Emblem is the same as Marths, as the Halidom of Ylisse succeeds Achanea and inherited the treasures, including Falchion.

Fates is the Yato, Corrins weapon,  though only if it gains the power combined from all the sacred weapons (Raijinto, Fujin Yumi, Siegfried, and Brynhildr) and becomes the Omega Yato. Otherwise it only becomes either Blazing Yato or Shadow Yato, both of which are not at full power and actually shatter in the face of overwhelming power, unlike Omega Yato.

...I guess Valentia doesn't have a Fire Emblem?

19 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Welp, this summer is looking to be extra salty - F2Pers are likely going to have to choose between pulling for swimsuit waifus/husbandos or pulling for Three Houses characters

I'll take summer Rinkah over any 3 houses character. At least those in the first banner. So far I saw no abs in the direct. But they are hidden anyway this time.

I will have to get to know them anyway. Edelgard may be hyped, but it also depends on how well her character is made. I may go for Byleth if he/she is a better avatar though. xD At least I like the concept of them as teachers more than Robin/Corrin.

Edited by Stroud

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Valentia doesn't need its own since it's right next to Akaneia, just like how the Thracian Peninsula doesn't need its own.

That... doesn't seem right. Thracia at least wasn't riddled with the same overwhelmingly divine conflicts as Valentia and Archanea were, where the "gods" themselves were threatening the existence of their continents. Or at least, I don't remember much of any mention of gods...

...eh, who cares. Duma was perfectly killable with just Valentia's Falchion in the end...

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I know, I did say it made sense. It was just Chrom’s little blurb that got me, since it basically meant that Naga just left him to die horribly and easily instead of helping him. Clearly Chrom should’ve bargained with Grima instead to become a Risen King.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That... doesn't seem right. Thracia at least wasn't riddled with the same overwhelmingly divine conflicts as Valentia and Archanea were, where the "gods" themselves were threatening the existence of their continents. Or at least, I don't remember much of any mention of gods...

The point was that just as Thracia is part of Jugdral, Valentia is part of Akaneia-Valentia (Ylisse-Valm), and there doesn't appear to be the need for more than one Fire Emblem in each world. ("Oh, you have a Fire Emblem? What a coincidence! So do I!")

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The point was that just as Thracia is part of Jugdral, Valentia is part of Akaneia-Valentia (Ylisse-Valm), and there doesn't appear to be the need for more than one Fire Emblem in each world. ("Oh, you have a Fire Emblem? What a coincidence! So do I!")

To be fair, Jugdral does seem to be part of the same world as Archanea and Valentia, but less closely connected.

56 minutes ago, Othin said:

To be fair, Jugdral does seem to be part of the same world as Archanea and Valentia, but less closely connected.

Jugdral is on the same world. However, Akaneia and Valentia are close enough to each other to be able to see the opposite shore (albeit from the top of a tower), have not infrequent travel between the continents, and have intertwined histories, which cannot be said of the relationship between Akaneia and Jugdral.

7 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Hrid is godlike if a debuff is present on an enemy. But like everything, if there is no debuff active he suffers greatly, like alot... because his SPD is non existent. Also the more Null-Follow up attack gets prominent are accessible the less effectiv he will be. Also Wary Fighter is a good way to stop him, even if the Armorer is debuffed, because in most cases he wont outspeed them lol

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Valentia doesn't need its own since it's right next to Akaneia, just like how the Thracian Peninsula doesn't need its own.

Doesn’t need its own but didn’t stop it from having its own Falchion and Gradivirus, for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

but didn’t stop it from having its own Falchion and Gradivirus, for some reason.

The Valentian Accordion said it's actually the same Gradivus as Archanea's. Like its wielder Camus, it got washed away after battle and winded up, apart from Camus, in Valentia. Later, the Whitewings returned it to the Kingdom of Archanea, since it is one of its Three Regalia Est should've made it her personal weapon.

For SoV, I'd said black sheep NES sequel status explains the absence of a Fire Emblem, just as it does the lack of the Fire Emblem Theme musically (SoV lightly added it in), and the absence of Anna.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

In form factors that allow the use of ruby characters (such as manga, like Hasha), you're likely to see the word written as the latter, but indicated to be pronounced as the former due to the fact that the Japanese writing system allows the ability to indicate or override pronunciation of words using ruby characters ("furigana" in Japanese).

Ah furigana, Japanese seems so fun to the outsider with these neat things. Kanji is a chore it sounds like, but that aside in written form it ain't so bad.