Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

Aversa is basically the only other character who can be a flying tome barring more instances like Faye where the character is put into a class to fill a niche or seasonal banners where everything is on the table. Dark Fliers only exist in 13 & 14 and the only normal Dark Flier in either game is Aversa. There's no dark flier boss, either.

Reina is in the same boat for bow fliers. 

I certainly hope we get her (I mean, I assume we will eventually). And I wouldn't mind them making another flier a Dark Flier incarnation instead, since otherwise we're gonna be overloaded on lance fliers after a while.

12 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yay thanks :D I'm happy my Catria is good. Arcanite gave me suggestions for her a while ago. I hope you can get Fury on her. She hits 37 speed with it! Goad Fliers makes it 41 :O

Yeah my S. Camilla had Gronnraven at first but I decided that wasn't strong enough so I kept pulling greens until I got Nino. The power of the Blade is almost too much to handle! I think she can ORKO Ike lol

For regular Camilla, I'm thinking of making her a DC user if I ever get Hector. Mine is +Speed, so she's quite fast. I would need to give her a Silver or Emerald Axe. I need someone to bait Reinhardt well. The Spring/Bunny version of her has poor Res so she won't cut it...

Wouldn't mind using Cynthia as a flier too :D

I was thinking of DC on her too, but I also was thinking a DC/QR/Ignis build for Beruka. (I love Beruka too, so she's gonna definitely gonna get promoted when I pull a good natured one) and it seems more crucial for Beruka to get it. (since I only have 1 spare Hector) And hey, mine's +speed too :P Deathblow and Axe Breaker is the alternative I was considering for her which seems passable, hopefully.

I'm gonna end up building up so many flier units even when I can only use 4 at once. Send help.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

So I somehow managed to pull my 4th Hector while pulling greens from the Summer banner.

I wonder how people would like facing four Vantage Bonfire Hectors in the arena either with all four of them having Goad Armors or a split of Goad and Ward.

Three Wards and one Goad. +8 or +12 extra Resistance makes him a nightmare to face against frail mages. The Goad helps him take out a few extra stuff.

Four wards also work, but he might have trouble against killing some units. +12 Defense and Resistance on everyone makes him nearly untouchable.

Wings of Mercy also helps them stay together.

Edited by XRay

32 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

My Palla would love it

Of course 4 Hectors is not an unbeatable strategy, but I'm sure some people would just instantly surrender.

And I think even Palla would eventually get worn down by 4 Hectors hitting on her, especially if 2 of them are +Atk and under the effect of Goad Armors.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

Aversa is basically the only other character who can be a flying tome barring more instances like Faye where the character is put into a class to fill a niche or seasonal banners where everything is on the table. Dark Fliers only exist in 13 & 14 and the only normal Dark Flier in either game is Aversa. There's no dark flier boss, either.

Reina is in the same boat for bow fliers. 

As much as some people would dislike it happening, they could make another, but regularly available Camilla who's a flying mage since Camilla is a Malig Knight. It would probably be best if she were a blue mage to even out spring Camilla being green and Aversa being red despite Camilla apparently only having Thunder in her inventory in Conquest. Never played the game; just going off of what the wiki says. Also, there's Nichol, a boss Malig Knight, but he's more geared towards being a Wyvern Lord. Still, they could make him into a flying mage for player convenience and he could end up being something like Boey, the Robins, and Henry. With him and Aversa, we could have 2 flying mage GHBs even though it wouldn't really make sense for Nichol who probably should be an axe flyer.

And weirdly enough, Catria as a DLC unit in Awakening was a Dark Flier. Why? I don't know, but they could reference that and have her show up as a flying mage for Heroes which would also work with the overclass for Pegasus Knights in Echoes.

Alternatively, there's the Cipher characters who could fill in classes that it might be difficult to find units for. Emma and Shade in particular since Emma has cards as a Dark Flier and Kinshi Knight and Shade has cards as a Falcon Knight and since we don't have another red mounted mage at the moment, as a Dark Knight. Emma is a Pegasus Knight in general, so she could also show up as a flying healer by being a Falcon Knight, but there aren't flying archers and mages, so it might be better for her to show up as one of those. Likewise, Shade's the mage character, so even though she doesn't have cards of her as a Dark Flier or Malig Knight, there's no real reason why she can't be one. Armor archer and mage, however, are probably SOL from this since I don't think it would fit Randal, Shade, or Yuzu at all.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

As much as people would dislike it happening, they could make another, but regularly available Camilla who's a flying mage since Camilla is a Malig Knight. It would probably be best if she were a blue mage to even out spring Camilla being green and Aversa being red despite Camilla apparently only having Thunder in her inventory in Conquest. Never played the game; just going off of what the wiki says. Also, there's Nichol, a boss Malig Knight, but he's more geared towards being a Wyvern Lord. Still, they could make him into a flying mage for player convenience and he could end up being something like Boey, the Robins, and Henry. With him and Aversa, we could have 2 flying mage GHBs even though it wouldn't really make sense for Nichol who probably should be an axe flyer.

And weirdly enough, Catria as a DLC unit in Awakening was a Dark Flier. Why? I don't know, but they could reference that and have her show up as a flying mage for Heroes which would also work with the overclass for Pegasus Knights in Echoes.

Alternatively, there's the Cipher characters who could fill in classes that it might be difficult to find units for. Emma and Shade in particular since Emma has cards as a Dark Flier and Kinshi Knight and Shade has cards as a Falcon Knight and since we don't have another red mounted mage at the moment, as a Dark Knight. Emma is a Pegasus Knight in general, so she could also show up as a flying healer by being a Falcon Knight, but there aren't flying archers and mages, so it might be better for her to show up as one of those. Likewise, Shade's the mage character, so even though she doesn't have cards of her as a Dark Flier or Malig Knight, there's no real reason why she can't be one. Armor archer and mage, however, are probably SOL from this since I don't think it would fit Randal, Shade, or Yuzu at all.

Oh Nichol would be a good bet, yeah. If they're willing to let Narcian use an axe they should let Nichole use a tome. 

Honestly yeah, non-seasonal variants are probably the best bet, but I doubt we'll be getting those for a long time. Letting some of (but not all) the children go into other, but realted, classes could also work. Instead of Mercenary Severa, why not Dark Flier Severa.

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

Of course 4 Hectors is not an unbeatable strategy, but I'm sure some people would just instantly surrender.

And I think even Palla would eventually get worn down by 4 Hectors hitting on her, especially if 2 of them are +Atk and under the effect of Goad Armors.

Anyone with a Falchion can kite until they run out of space. Armors also have a bad habit of funneling, which results in fewer stacks of Goad Armor and Ward Armor being applied to the armor in the lead, allowing them to be more easily picked off.

And anyone with a moderately bulky Triangle Adept red unit just kind of laughs, especially if it's a Triangle Adept Xander or Tiki.

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

YES PLZ

YAAAAASSSSSSSS

9 minutes ago, r_n said:

Oh Nichol would be a good bet, yeah. If they're willing to let Narcian use an axe they should let Nichole use a tome. 

The reason they "let" Narcian have an axe is because the dragon knight class is canonically an axe class starting with Radiant Dawn.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Anyone with a Falchion can kite until they run out of space. Armors also have a bad habit of funneling, which results in fewer stacks of Goad Armor and Ward Armor being applied to the armor in the lead, allowing them to be more easily picked off.

And anyone with a moderately bulky Triangle Adept red unit just kind of laughs, especially if it's a Triangle Adept Xander or Tiki.

I am aware of that, I was more joking than serious about the idea of fielding 4 Hectors, especially since I wouldn't get the double pointsfrom not having a bonus unit. And my current defense strategy of using a bonus unit + 2 glass cannons + Azura is working well enough for me. Could probably replace the glass cannons by Olwen and Reinhardt if Klein would just show up so I get DB3 fodder. I might just have to 5* a Hawkeye.

29 minutes ago, r_n said:

Honestly yeah, non-seasonal variants are probably the best bet, but I doubt we'll be getting those for a long time. Letting some of (but not all) the children go into other, but realted, classes could also work. Instead of Mercenary Severa, why not Dark Flier Severa.

That's kind of what irked me when spring Camilla was introduced, a limited flying mage when no other flying mages were available or would be made available soon since we had like 3 other GHB units before we reached Clarisse, Legion, and Lloyd being introduced since all the others were in-game already as enemies.

Funny thing about Severa and Selena is that she can cover at least 3 different classes: Mercenary as unpromoted and playable Severa and Selena, Bow Knight as enemy Selena in Birthright, and implied to be a Pegasus Knight in Awakening's Future Past ending as Severa. This is also not considering the other, original Selena from The Sacred Stones who's a Mage Knight who starts out with Elfire, but has a Thunder Affinity, so she could be a much need red mounted mage or not as needed, a blue mounted mage. And if you consider horses and flying horses to be basically the same thing, Kinshi Knight Selena works too. 5 classes from characters named Severa and Selena. It's amazing! :p

Oh, and of course, all the Annas. Let's see, merchant Anna as a lance infantry, Awakening Anna as a healer, thief, or sword unit with Levin Sword, Fates Anna as another archer, and tutorial Anna from Path of Radiance as a Pegasus Knight. All we're missing are cavalier, knight, and mage Anna.

Edited by Kaden

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That's kind of what irked me when spring Camilla was introduced, a limited flying mage when no other flying mages were available or would be made available soon since we had like 3 other GHB units before we reached Clarisse, Legion, and Lloyd being introduced since all the others were in-game already as enemies.

Funny thing about Severa and Selena is that she can cover at least 3 different classes: Mercenary as unpromoted and playable Severa and Selena, Bow Knight as enemy Selena in Birthright, and implied to be a Pegasus Knight in Awakening's Future Past ending as Severa. This is also not considering the other, original Selena from The Sacred Stones who's a Mage Knight who starts out with Elfire, but has a Thunder Affinity, so she could be a much need red mounted mage or not as needed, a blue mounted mage. And if you consider horses and flying horses to be basically the same thing, Kinshi Knight Selena works too. 5 classes from characters named Severa and Selena. It's amazing! :p

Oh, and of course, all the Annas. Let's see, merchant Anna as a lance infantry, Awakening Anna as a healer, thief, or sword unit with Levin Sword, Fates Anna as another archer, and tutorial Anna from Path of Radiance as a Pegasus Knight. All we're missing are cavalier, knight, and mage Anna.

That still isn't enough t oget a 40+10 Anna :(

3 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Will there ever be a GHB unit with an assist skill? Heck no! Will their special skills always be retribution or an AoE? Heck yes!

Lloyd, Clarisse, Robin, you put those down!

I sac'd Lloyd to give Katarina Iceberg :) Most useful thing he's ever done for me

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The reason they "let" Narcian have an axe is because the dragon knight class is canonically an axe class starting with Radiant Dawn.

Yeah but they didn't need to do that? Modern Falcon knights don't wield swords, but they did in other games (including their original games) so they were fine giving Palla & Caeda swords. Armors only get swords in like half the games & haven't wield in them at all since 11, but Draug still gets his. Why not reference Narcian's game specificaly and let him use his signature(ish) sword? Or a different sword. or a lance if they wanted to compromise since every wyvern lord uses lances except Ashnard who is his own thing.

It's a minor point in the long run & if nothing else emerald axe fits narcian, but  it'd be a shame if every wyvern/dragon wound up using nothing but axes. Except Valter, he'll probably use Lances sine he has that weird variant

anyway this is all kind of moot so the real comparison i should have made was someone like Caeda who got a sword despite usually being depicted with a lance, to show they're fine with giving someone their "other" weapon to help fill out niches.

e: you know, sapphire lance for narcian could have been a neat reference to him holding the blue gem

Edited by r_n

20 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Will there ever be a GHB unit with an assist skill? Heck no! Will their special skills always be retribution or an AoE? Heck yes!

Lloyd, Clarisse, Robin, you put those down!

Haitaka, though. Rally Everything: Grants +7 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res to adjacent ally until the end of the turn. :P

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Haitaka, though. Rally Everything: Grants +7 to Atk/Spd/Def/Res to adjacent ally until the end of the turn. :P

Haitaka only has Rally Def 

We should have a Rallyman GHB though

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

24 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Shh... We need a broken Rally to make -blade Horse Emblem and 3x Goad Cavalry a thing. :P

Summer Frederick is deceptively good, but I'm having a bit of a dilemma with him. I have a good, but particularly trying nature of +SPD/-HP. +SPD is probably his best boon, however -HP leaves him at a fairly fragile 36 HP. With his decent DEF and good speed he might take a hit or two, but even =RES he's getting oneshot by mages. Moonbow is a given, I gave that to him right away along with his native Seal ATK/SPD as that's too good to pass up as a debuff, but I'm left wondering what to give him, particularly with Chain Challenge and Squad Assault coming up along with the Trials where more than one level. Gonna list some ideas and their drawbacks. Seashell+ is too good to pass up, so they all involve his base weapon. For the sake of Seashell+, any Fury build will say "Fury 5" because let's face it, that just looks awesome and that's basically what it is, even if only for one turn.

Fury 5 / Seal ATK/SPD / Variable C: This brings his stats up a Massive 5 for his first attack, giving him a whopping 37/39 offense for his first attack, pretty stellar, plus including his enhanced bulk and Moonbow, he's likely killing whoever he encounters, problem is he's at 36 HP and he's taking whatever the counter was in damage + 8 damage from essentially Fury 5. In the best case he's at 28 HP, in the worst he's around 10-1. This effectively makes him a one and done unit. He kills one unit, then he's purely debuff+chip. Topping that off, he's still not quite fast or strong enough to deal with even the squishiest of powerful mages. Units like Nino and Linde will survive his hit because he's not doubling and either kill or cripple him.

The only way to offset a build like this is to take a healer, which is two colorless units in your group which is almost never a good idea. 

Fury 5 / Renewal 3 / Threaten ?: This build effectively helps keep Frederick in his red zone, with potentially multiple chances to utilize a 37/39/33/23 stat spread with Fury 5. Threaten ATK, DEF or SPD would do wonders for him as well. The only problem with this build is that you're forgoing his unique ability to debuff all 4 stats at once which is absurdly powerful. That really doesn't sit right with me, but strictly speaking he's still debuffing the defense stats which is what all you usually need in order to finish off a unit with a frontliner or nuke and with +5 to all stats at full health and Moonbow he may just ORKO the unit himself. With this build he only loses to Hector. He wins 73 battles and all of the draws are in his favor.

Armored Blow 3 / Seal ATK/SPD / Threaten ?: Base Frederick basically. Issue with this bulid is he's purely a support unit in a meta that encourages OHKOs. Even in a series of maps it's sketchy for me. Plus Armored Blow combined with his bulk is impressive, but it's only seeing use vs Dagger Users, Archers and Distant Counter Swords. Ultimately this means he's not really killing things, he's purely debuffing which is nice, but it's something Matthew can do while bulkier and faster. I like characters that can rumble and Vanilla Frederick just seems... underwhelming to me even if he is the best at what he does. It actually makes me question what I was doing with Matthew.

Fury 3|Life and Death 3 / Desperation / Variable C: Notice the 3 instead of 5, because you'll only be getting that boost once without a healer or some form of regeneration (Noontime simply isn't worth it), in the case of Desperation, now we're expecting Fred to kill things. I don't like this because it almost negates Seashell+'s ability and it requires low health. One Ardent Sacrifice will put -HP Fred right into desperation but now you've officially never used Seashell+'s boost and you aren't debuffing as well without Seal ATK/SPD. Honestly my biggest issue with this build is it turns him into Kagero and there are multiple units that can run this build better (including Kagero herself) so what's the point? Poison Dagger+? Yeah she uses that better too.

Swift Sparrow and Sturdy Blow would actually be great for him as they would preserve his bulk and increase his damage but I have no Katarina and Athena is my main sword unit and she's not going anywhere. Warding Blow would make tussling with Mages a bit easier, but only in the case of baiting and few mages are actually OHKO'ing full HP Frederick to begin with. Crippling him sure, but as long as he can counter and debuff, he's done his job.

So yeah, advice is nice. 

**EDIT** Learned some new things after tinkering, Fred's not the best Dagger user, but certainly #2 or #3. Kagero continues to reign supreme.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Note: An interesting thing to note about +SPD Frederick is that he wields Poison Dagger+ better than any version of Kagero except +ATK whom he barely loses to, he could actually run This build and be a terror, I'm not really interested in doing away with my Kagero though, she'll likely be a bonus unit in the TT, plus I like her. Interesting to note however is that +ATK Frederick is a better wielder of the Poison Dagger+ than +ATK Kagero. Must be the speed, if you get a +ATK Fred, feed Kagero to him and you have the best dagger unit in the game.

What are you doing to get whatever results that +Spd summer Frederick with Poison Dagger+ is better than Kagero? With all their passives removed leaving them only with Poison Dagger+, +Spd, -Def Frederick gets 44 wins, 2 losses, and 100 draws to neutral Kagero's 45 wins, 4 losses, and 97 losses. +Atk, -Def Frederick would drop to 42 wins, 3 losses, and 101 draws.

With L&D3, +Spd, -Def Frederick gets 91 wins, 4 losses, and 51 draws while neutral Kagero gets 93 wins, 6 losses, and 47 draws. +Atk, -Def Frederick would get 85 wins, 2 losses, and 59 draws.

Also, +Atk, -Def Gaius with Poison Dagger+ would get 53 wins, 2 losses, and 91 draws. Adding in L&D3 puts him at 100 wins, 3 losses, and 43 draws. +Spd would drops him down to 44 wins, 3 losses, and 99 draws without L&D3 and 98 wins, 3 losses, and 45 draws with L&D3.

+Atk, -Def Saizo with Poison Dagger gets 44 wins, 3 losses, and 99 draws. With L&D3, 90 wins, 5 losses, and 51 draws which +Spd, -Def Saizo with L&D3 also gets. So, about where Frederick is. +Spd, -Def without L&D3 drops to an abysmal 28 wins, 5 losses, and 113 draws which is around what a neutral Gaius with Poison Dagger+ gets.

+Atk, -Res and +Spd, -Res Kagero crushes them all with 115 wins, 5 losses, and 26 draws and 107 wins, 6 losses, and 33 draws, respectively.

All of this is without any specials or breakers. It is also without Fury 3 being applied to everyone to bulk everyone up. If I included Fury 3, Kagero stays at the top, Gaius is still second in results, +Spd, -Def Saizo is at third, and +Atk, -Def and +Spd, -Def Frederick is only slightly better than +Atk, -Def Saizo. At that point where everyone has +3 to defense and speed, you need to be fast to double and make sure you can do as much damage as possible too. +Spd Frederick capping at 34 speed while Saizo caps at 37 shows that even though Saizo has a -3 attack deficit, the fact he's able to double more units means he gets more wins.

Not saying summer Frederick or any of these units are bad compared to Kagero. Just saying this is what he and the others can get.

Edit: Actually, I could have just pointed out their offensive stats. Neutral summer Frederick has 32 attack and 31 speed. +Atk puts him at 35 attack and 31 speed while +Spd puts him at 32 attack and 34 speed. Neutral Kagero has 35 attack and 33 speed. She'd have to be -Atk or -Spd for him to be better than her.

Edited by Kaden

Not matter what happens, they'll not create something better than Kagero unless we got a Cordelia Dagger.

Edited by Troykv

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

What are you doing to get whatever results that +Spd summer Frederick with Poison Dagger+ is better than Kagero? With all their passives removed leaving them only with Poison Dagger+, +Spd, -Def Frederick gets 44 wins, 2 losses, and 100 draws to neutral Kagero's 45 wins, 4 losses, and 97 losses. +Atk, -Def Frederick would drop to 42 wins, 3 losses, and 101 draws.

With L&D3, +Spd, -Def Frederick gets 91 wins, 4 losses, and 51 draws while neutral Kagero gets 93 wins, 6 losses, and 47 draws. +Atk, -Def Frederick would get 85 wins, 2 losses, and 59 draws.

Also, +Atk, -Def Gaius with Poison Dagger+ would get 53 wins, 2 losses, and 91 draws. Adding in L&D3 puts him at 100 wins, 3 losses, and 43 draws. +Spd would drops him down to 44 wins, 3 losses, and 99 draws without L&D3 and 98 wins, 3 losses, and 45 draws with L&D3.

+Atk, -Def Saizo with Poison Dagger gets 44 wins, 3 losses, and 99 draws. With L&D3, 90 wins, 5 losses, and 51 draws which +Spd, -Def Saizo with L&D3 also gets. So, about where Frederick is. +Spd, -Def without L&D3 drops to an abysmal 28 wins, 5 losses, and 113 draws which is around what a neutral Gaius with Poison Dagger+ gets.

+Atk, -Res and +Spd, -Res Kagero crushes them all with 115 wins, 5 losses, and 26 draws and 107 wins, 6 losses, and 33 draws, respectively.

All of this is without any specials or breakers. It is also without Fury 3 being applied to everyone to bulk everyone up. If I included Fury 3, Kagero stays at the top, Gaius is still second in results, +Spd, -Def Saizo is at third, and +Atk, -Def and +Spd, -Def Frederick is only slightly better than +Atk, -Def Saizo. At that point where everyone has +3 to defense and speed, you need to be fast to double and make sure you can do as much damage as possible too. +Spd Frederick capping at 34 speed while Saizo caps at 37 shows that even though Saizo has a -3 attack deficit, the fact he's able to double more units means he gets more wins.

Not saying summer Frederick or any of these units are bad compared to Kagero. Just saying this is what he and the others can get.

Edit: Actually, I could have just pointed out their offensive stats. Neutral summer Frederick has 32 attack and 31 speed. +Atk puts him at 35 attack and 31 speed while +Spd puts him at 32 attack and 34 speed. Neutral Kagero has 35 attack and 33 speed. She'd have to be -Atk or -Spd for him to be better than her.

After extensive testing I was making some errors in the simulator. Kagero is indeed superior to him. I edited my post. Still seeking advice regardless. All this did was further invalidate Poison Dagger+ and a LnD3/Desp build on a character I already didn't want to do that on.

Edited by Zeo

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Armored Blow 3 / Seal ATK/SPD / Threaten ?: Base Frederick basically. Issue with this bulid is he's purely a support unit in a meta that encourages OHKOs. Even in a series of maps it's sketchy for me. Plus Armored Blow combined with his bulk is impressive, but it's only seeing use vs Dagger Users, Archers and Distant Counter Swords. Ultimately this means he's not really killing things, he's purely debuffing which is nice, but it's something Matthew can do while bulkier and faster. I like characters that can rumble and Vanilla Frederick just seems... underwhelming to me even if he is the best at what he does. It actually makes me question what I was doing with Matthew.

This is why I swapped out my Summer Freddy's Armored Blow for Darting Blow. Well, and also because he's -Spd. xP I gave him Bonfire rather than Moonbow or anything though, because he's +Def and that gives him enough to make Bonfire pretty good on him.

Ever since I put Darting Blow (and the Speed +1 seal) on my Frederick, he's doubling things a lot more and getting doubled less, even with -Spd. A Threaten skill is a good idea on him, imo, that way he can debuff even more people around him! I'm going to go Threaten Spd, personally.

Edited by Anacybele