Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My Spring Camilla is almost complete.  I just need to get enough SP to give her Fury 3, then her build will be finished.

She's got

Gronnblade+

Reciprocal Aid

Bonfire (Will be Moonbow eventually)

Fury 2 (Soon 3)

Renewal 3

Fortify Fliers

She's built for Chain Challenge maps and other multi-map things.

It's been nice having the various Double SP skills, it makes training 5*s much more bearable.  Sword and Lance are especially nice, since they can be equipped by my Dancers.

Sounds pretty good. Mine is +Spd so she has the Speed Seal and Desperation. a Hone Fliers will put her at 42 speed and a Goad will be 46 after Darting Blow. Too bad I don't have Hone Thighs yet

My build is 

Gronnblade+

Reposition (formerly Ardent Sacrifice bc that put her EXACTLY in Desperation range, but I needed Reposition for the BHB today)

Bonfire

Darting Blow

Desperation

Goad Fliers

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Sounds pretty good. Mine is +Spd so she has the Speed Seal and Desperation. a Hone Fliers will put her at 42 speed and a Goad will be 46 after Darting Blow. Too bad I don't have Hone Thighs yet

My build is 

Gronnblade+

Reposition (formerly Ardent Sacrifice bc that put her EXACTLY in Desperation range, but I needed Reposition for the BHB today)

Bonfire

Darting Blow

Desperation

Goad Fliers

Mine is +HP,-Atk, probably the worst possible nature for her, since as you point out, it prevents her from using Ardent Sac/Desperation.  Luckily +6 to everything and Gronnblade makes even mediocre units pretty good.

I'm using tonight to get Legion ready for the upcoming GHB, since I know there's going to be a quest to use him to kill Legion.  I think I'll try to use the Paralogue map for it, since Legions map doesn't have much room for dead weight on the team.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My Spring Camilla is almost complete.  I just need to get enough SP to give her Fury 3, then her build will be finished.

She's got

Gronnblade+

Reciprocal Aid

Bonfire (Will be Moonbow eventually)

Fury 2 (Soon 3)

Renewal 3

Fortify Fliers

She's built for Chain Challenge maps and other multi-map things.

It's been nice having the various Double SP skills, it makes training 5*s much more bearable.  Sword and Lance are especially nice, since they can be equipped by my Dancers.

My Spd+/Res- Spring Cami is similar. Except I have Iote's Shield, Luna (I should switch it for Draconic Aura or something though), and Ardent Sacrifice.

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

My Spd+/Res- Spring Cami is similar. Except I have Iote's Shield, Luna (I should switch it for Draconic Aura or something though), and Ardent Sacrifice.

Moonbow's good if you are running Gronnblade, I find the 4 tick specials don't happen frequently enough for my liking, though if you've got Hone Fliers and +Spd, you might be able to make it work.

I wish I had tried harder to get a SCamilla with a better nature.  It seems they're being stingy with the flying mages, and both of them so far are holiday exclusives.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Mine is +HP,-Atk, probably the worst possible nature for her, since as you point out, it prevents her from using Ardent Sac/Desperation.  Luckily +6 to everything and Gronnblade makes even mediocre units pretty good.

I'm using tonight to get Legion ready for the upcoming GHB, since I know there's going to be a quest to use him to kill Legion.  I think I'll try to use the Paralogue map for it, since Legions map doesn't have much room for dead weight on the team.

My bunny Camilla is +1 (+atk,-def) that is a work in progress. The finished result should have Gronnblade+,resposition, moonbow,fury 3, Green tomebreaker, and either a flier buff depending on my luck. And how quickly I can get over 20,000 feathers.

4 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm the wrong person to ask about analyzing playstyles in general.

I'm the guy who literally does not care about maximizing natures unless I already have multiple copies of the unit.

One thing I did notice is that they recommend giving Olivia a Ruby Sword so that she can have a similar role as a red Aqua.

And it's not hard to see different playstyles. A +7 Awakening (Defiant) skill is nothing to scoff at. While it's nothing compared to other higher speed units... a 37 Spd Desperation Julia with Dragon Fang is a threat.

I think we use Ruby Sword Olivia too. I use it to counter Hector since Reinhardt and BB!Cordelia will die if they touch him.

Julia with 37 Speed is scary, but Julia with 39 Speed is even better. Life and Death will boost her up to 35 Speed and a speed buff will push her to 39. I do not feel as confident in my units to take massive damage just to get one stat boosted.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's very clear that the authors favor two play styles:

1. Kill things before the opponent has a chance to retaliate (Litrblade/Brave + Death Blow (+ Desperation))
  2. Take a hit and clean up on player phase (Brave + Defiant + Seal/Wary Fighter/Vantage + Threaten)

Both of which are strictly worse than the respective superior play styles

1. Kill things in one round and activate Desperation on the counterattack (Litrblade/Brave + Life and Death + Desperation)
  2. Take no damage and kill on enemy phase (Triangle Adept/Distant Counter + Quick Riposte + defensive buff)

1. How would Desperation even work if the unit is not running Life and Death to counteract Brave's effect? Or is Desperation just for Mages since most do not have Braves?

2. But that is suicide! Only armor units can use Wary Fighter, while most units will eat double and quadruple attacks.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Julia with 37 Speed is scary, but Julia with 39 Speed is even better. Life and Death will boost her up to 35 Speed and a speed buff will push her to 39. I do not feel as confident in my units to take massive damage just to get one stat boosted.

That also involves paying with a Life and Death Unit.

+7 and a +4 with Spur Spd is a lot more common and easier also without killing her massive RES that she uses to tank.

Remember, the point of pinging me was to get why they list different things. I was using my Julia as an example. There are reasons why others would like the Defiant buffs more.

Not to mention I can get that speed on Player Phase with Darting Blow 3 with no Res detriment along with Rally SPD or Hone SPD. It's a simple Desperation setup that is a lot more budget than Life or Death.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Moonbow's good if you are running Gronnblade, I find the 4 tick specials don't happen frequently enough for my liking, though if you've got Hone Fliers and +Spd, you might be able to make it work.

I won't mind 4 ticks if it ensures a 1HKO, but then again Gronnblade should already do it with 24+ buffs.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

+7 and a +4 with Spur Spd is a lot more common and easier also without killing her massive RES that she uses to tank.

I guess she can tank once and then murder units later, but that means she cannot tank just any unit. If she tanks something that does enough damage to her but not enough to put her in Defiant range, she will be kind of a dead weight for the rest of the match.

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Remember, the point of pinging me was to get why they list different things. I was using my Julia as an example. There are reasons why others would like the Defiant buffs more.

Not to mention I can get that speed on Player Phase with Darting Blow 3 with no Res detriment along with Rally SPD or Hone SPD. It's a simple Desperation setup that is a lot more budget than Life or Death.

yay Defiant supporters

Was actually trying to work with it with Raven and his Brave, but then realised I got screwed over with a -Atk.

People don't really seem to consider how expensive LD3 is. Most cases, I just assume Fury since it's cheap as hell and it boosts all other stats.

I need to stop giving people Reposition; I'm down to my last 3* Barst.  I've got 6 Arthurs, though.  Maybe Legion will do just fine with Swap instead?

6 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

yay Defiant supporters

Was actually trying to work with it with Raven and his Brave, but then realised I got screwed over with a -Atk.

People don't really seem to consider how expensive LD3 is. Most cases, I just assume Fury since it's cheap as hell and it boosts all other stats.

Life and Death with Braves really only are the best with *SUPER* glass cannon units.

Julia *CAN* be like that with her massive ATK and Dragon Fang... but in most cases she's a Greenie that can tank Blues and *ESPECIALLY* Rein.

Giving her Life and Death is detrimental to that common role.

While Def Spd gives her the ability to double and desperation in very niche cases. Which some people like.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I need to stop giving people Reposition; I'm down to my last 3* Barst.  I've got 6 Arthurs, though.  Maybe Legion will do just fine with Swap instead?

I want Roro too!

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I want Roro too!

His GHB will be coming next week, if you didn't get him the first time.  We'll have enough Legions for a full Legion team, now.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I need some more muscled lumberjack pirates for more fodder, too..

speaking of, it was amusing clearing one of Celica's pirate story maps with Barst

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A certain laser from heaven that vaporizes entire armies with a single cast is superior.

Aureola? Or something not FE?

I love the GBA and Tellius spell animations, SD/NM wasn't bad, but the 3DS games are lacking in good spell animations outside of like Sagittae (and maybe one or two others). Dunno about the earlier games, other than hearing Forseti in FE4 has a bizarre animation. I'm not demanding flashy attacks though- I like flash, but at the same time watching them over and over again becomes tedious, so simplicity works too.

Of the GBA animations, Gleipnir has one of the best despite being one of the worst legendary weapons ever. Apocalypse and Ereshkigal create black holes, and Naglfar has a vortex too, but Gleipnir alone manages to suck the enemy into an alternate dimension.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

speaking of, it was amusing clearing one of Celica's pirate story maps with Barst

I must have overlooked that one, and that's odd, since Marthland and Valentia are in the same world.

I know there's Barth, but at least FE6 Barth is in a separate universe.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I must have overlooked that one, and that's odd, since Marthland and Valentia are in the same world.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Must have phrased it wrong, I used Barst in my team against one of those Pirates! Maps in Celica's chapter in Heroes because Barst says he used to be a pirate

Edited by mcsilas

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The rerun is coming soon, you will be able to get him.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

His GHB will be coming next week, if you didn't get him the first time.  We'll have enough Legions for a full Legion team, now.

I want a FULL TEAM of Roros.

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I want a FULL TEAM of Roros.

You will be able to get a full team of them for sure if you can clear Infernal at least once (either last time or now).

Hard gives one, Lunatic gives one, Infernal gives one, and a quest gives one. Four in total.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

You will be able to get a full team of them for sure if you can clear Infernal at least once (either last time or now).

Hard gives one, Lunatic gives one, Infernal gives one, and a quest gives one. Four in total.

I didn't get any of them. I was just finishing up on the Trials, all drained in stamina (both, potions and in real life) and I just called it a day.

They didn't even give me the orbs.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I didn't get any of them. I was just finishing up on the Trials, all drained in stamina (both, potions and in real life) and I just called it a day.

They didn't even give me the orbs.

Beating it on Hard at least shouldn't be too tough, if you've got a team full of 40s.