Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And her Magic growth is actually virtually nonexistent and she has a good Strength growth via the minor Hezul Blood; her Sword Rank is an A and her Staff is a C (the lowest possible weapon rank in FE4). So Lachesis is first and foremost a physical unit, who uses Staffs more for the EXP gain and occasional healing than anything else.

She also lacks a horse until promotion to the wickedly strong Master Knight class, which can use all non-Holy physical weapons, Staffs, and all magic but high level Light and all levels of Dark.

From what I remember base Lachesis is such a terrible unit that the best she can do is spam heal, hence why I'm pretty much ok with her being a staff unit. She has shitty durability, barely doubles stuff and her atk is kinda eh. Master Knight is what makes her good.

also, heroes is basically genealogy 2.0 where horses are everything you need :smug:

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If you do get another Tharja then feed her to Lilina for the red blame tome.

Camus would like Bonfire and Fury although Moonbow is an ok alternative if you lack fodder.

Klein also benefits from Luna and either Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker. A brave user doesn't want to get hit on enemy phase anyway

You mean the red blade tome? Okies.

Yeah, I figured Klein wanted a better special and all. Gotcha.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most of the content in the game only pits you up against 4 or 5 units, so you generally don't engage in enough rounds of combat for Fury's recoil damage to add up.

Yeah, that's true.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Death Blow is on Reinhardt's standard build.

What? I just looked at his skill set to see and he doesn't get Death Blow naturally.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hone Spd is a good skill to use. If you are using one or fewer cavalry units on your team, having 2 Hone Spd and 2 Hone Atk is a pretty decent setup.

Eirika and Matthew have Hone Spd 3 available at 4-star rarity. Corrin (F), Mathilda, and Olivia have Hone Atk 3 available at 4-star rarity.

Yeah, that sounds good to me. I did already ditch two Eirikas for Hone Spd as well. And I have another 5 star one sitting around doing nothing. I'll probably eventually ditch her too. I don't like her and her bane and boon are bad. In fact, all three Eirikas I pulled were -Spd, wtf... xP

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If you're running a map that's going to last for a while, or if you have to stick with the same team over several maps, I'd recommend having a dancer to heal everyone. But if you're running a short map with a single team that's meant to be beaten quickly, don't worry too much about fury damage. Just make sure you're careful not to leave them in a situation where they can die because of it. Renewal, if you can get it, also helps fury-running units regenerate their own health, although the B-slot is a bit valuable so that's up to you.

Since Reinhardt's C-skill is up to you, look at what you're missing. My Reinhardt runs fortify defense with my infantry team because Eirika can buff attack, speed, and resistance just by standing next to someone. But no one on my main team boosts defense. With only Eirika and Reinhardt next to her, my Nino gains ridiculous attack, and the defense boost has saved quite a people too.

Well, if you want to keep the threaten skills, that's fine. The reason I don't like using them is because they feel so situational, but if you don't have anything better or feel their effects just fine, you don't have to replace it.

Also, the next time you get a Tharja, especially a 5-star one, I suggest giving her tome to Lilina at the very least if you don't want to use her. If you can stack a bunch of bonuses on Lilina, she will blow things up. What is your Lilina's nature, by the way?

I do use dancers a lot, but what? They don't heal... Do you mean I should use a healer?

Yeah, that's a reason Marth became my first Fury user because he has that built in Renewal.

I see. It's too bad my Eirika isn't optimal. Otherwise I might've considered her. My Ephraim buffs attack and speed though, and Freddy and Male Robin buff def. So hopefully that's good enough in some situations.

Well, I have to keep them for now since I don't have much fodder.

Mcsilas suggested the same thing, so I think I'll roll with that. As for my Lilina's nature, I don't remember, actually. But I'm pretty sure it was a decent one.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do use dancers a lot, but what? They don't heal... Do you mean I should use a healer?

Yeah, that's a reason Marth became my first Fury user because he has that built in Renewal.

I see. It's too bad my Eirika isn't optimal. Otherwise I might've considered her. My Ephraim buffs attack and speed though, and Freddy and Male Robin buff def. So hopefully that's good enough in some situations.

I meant healer, I edited my post.

Your Eirika doesn't have to fight to be good. Mine can put up a good fight and tank things, but her biggest value is in standing next to someone (usually Nino) and buffing three stats at once. I ask you to at least consider keeping her around until you pull another 5-star Eirika with a better nature. She and Ephraim are the only ones who can do what they do, and if for some reason you can't use Ephraim she is the only other one who can replicate that job. If you do squad assault or arena assault, you are going to want as many strong units. So if you want your Ephraim to run around stabbing things, you can deploy Eirika with Nino just for the buffs.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I meant healer, I edited my post.

Your Eirika doesn't have to fight to be good. Mine can put up a good fight and tank things, but her biggest value is in standing next to someone (usually Nino) and buffing three stats at once. I ask you to at least consider keeping her around until you pull another 5-star Eirika with a better nature. She and Ephraim are the only ones who can do what they do, and if for some reason you can't use Ephraim she is the only other one who can replicate that job. If you do squad assault or arena assault, you are going to want as many strong units. So if you want your Ephraim to run around stabbing things, you can deploy Eirika with Nino just for the buffs.

Oh okay. lol

Yeah, true, Eirika does do that stuff. I don't like her as a character at all, but I guess I should use this one at least until I pull one that's better. And she isn't my most hated character, that's for sure.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think Thor's Ryoma uses Fury too, so I'm definitely considering that, yeah. Sharena would probably do well with it too. But I don't know if it's a good idea to run a bunch of Fury units at once since they'll all take more damage every turn.

Once you undertsand the full picture, you'll see that Fury is just arguably one of the A-slot skills (at least in terms of stat buffs). I really enjoy an all-around buff (especially in Atk, Spd & Def). The idea is that your units tend each to their respective counters, so they'll likely be doing their job well enough that the battles won't last as long as to make the 6 HP cost a massive drawback. Like, I've pretty much had to heal Hawkeye every single turn on the last Trials, but he's always staple on my team. Not to mention, it's just incredibly cheap (only one Hinata), as opposed to having to *5 someone for Life and Death.

Long story short, whenever you're looking for a quick, easy and all-around buff, just hook them on it.

If you do end up getting a Tharja and give her tome to Lilina, you'll want to have both Eirika and Ephraim anyway. If you're running chain challenge, squad assault, or arena assault then you'll likely want to put your blade tome users on different teams. So you can stick each blade tome user with a Renais twin, and you won't have to deploy a bunch of characters just to buff one unit.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Once you undertsand the full picture, you'll see that Fury is just arguably one of the A-slot skills (at least in terms of stat buffs). I really enjoy an all-around buff (especially in Atk, Spd & Def). The idea is that your units tend each to their respective counters, so they'll likely be doing their job well enough that the battles won't last as long as to make the 6 HP cost a massive drawback. Like, I've pretty much had to heal Hawkeye every single turn on the last Trials, but he's always staple on my team. Not to mention, it's just incredibly cheap (only one Hinata), as opposed to having to *5 someone for Life and Death.

Long story short, whenever you're looking for a quick, easy and all-around buff, just hook them on it.

Huh, okay. So if I'm looking for a quick and easy all-around buff, just use Fury?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Huh, okay. So if I'm looking for a quick and easy all-around buff, just use Fury?

yeah

To make more use of similiar skills, you'll want to get a mix of Reposition, dancer and/or Reciprocal Aid. These are ridiculous because it can allow you to have a unit kill and just get them out of the ceasefire in your own turn.

Life and Death 2 isn't a bad option if your character is looking to be glass-canon-like and you're on a budget (actually using it on Clarisse and she's MVP at only *4).

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

yeah

To make more use of similiar skills, you'll want to get a mix of Reposition, dancer and/or Reciprocal Aid. These are ridiculous because it can allow you to have a unit kill and just get them out of the ceasefire in your own turn.

Life and Death 2 isn't a bad option if your character is looking to be glass-canon-like and you're on a budget (actually using it on Clarisse and she's MVP at only *4).

Yeah, I'd probably use Life and Death on someone like Ryoma if I didn't already get told he should have Fury. But a speedy glass cannon would best use Life and Death, I agree.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If you do end up getting a Tharja and give her tome to Lilina, you'll want to have both Eirika and Ephraim anyway. If you're running chain challenge, squad assault, or arena assault then you'll likely want to put your blade tome users on different teams. So you can stick each blade tome user with a Renais twin, and you won't have to deploy a bunch of characters just to buff one unit.

Alright, I see. Blade tomes are pretty dang good. Nino is the only one I have right now, so yeah, giving Lilina Raorblade sounds good.

I want to run a Wind/Watersweep Felicia with Phantom Speed. It'll be pretty hilarious to shoot enemies, debuff them and bam!

I need some alm food first rip

Also, seeing there's Life and Death as skill, what if they add a skill with its opposite effect? +5 def/res -5 atk/spd. Anyone?

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I want to run a Wind/Watersweep Felicia with Phantom Speed. It'll be pretty hilarious to shoot enemies, debuff them and bam!

I need some alm food first rip

Also, seeing there's Life and Death as skill, what if they add a skill with its opposite effect? +5 def/res -5 atk/spd. Anyone?

Not Soren food for Watersweep?

Fortress exists, but only Def +5 for Atk -3.

Also @Anacybele i suggest giving Azura Wings of Mercy so you have more flexibility with dancing your units, especially when they do take enough Fury damage or in low Vantage range.

also if you want a cheap option for a cavalry C skill for Freddy, you can give him Fortify Cavalry since he already has Fortify Def. (you can teach it after you learned Fortify def 2) 

also like Klein, Reinhardt appreciates Luna.

But as for other suggestions i just check the FEH gamepress wiki for tips

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'd probably use Life and Death on someone like Ryoma if I didn't already get told he should have Fury. But a speedy glass cannon would best use Life and Death, I agree.

Alright, I see. Blade tomes are pretty dang good. Nino is the only one I have right now, so yeah, giving Lilina Raorblade sounds good.

If you're Ryoma isn't +Spd, I woudn't. I find that units use L&D best when they excel in Spd. If he's neutral Spd (35), I'd go for Fury and the +1 Spd Seal. I find that 39-40 Spd doubles 90% of the game as it is. Fury just adds to everything, including durability.

Don't forget Vantage.

Edited by Soul~!

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also @Anacybele i suggest giving Azura Wings of Mercy so you have more flexibility with dancing your units, especially when they do take enough Fury damage or in low Vantage range.

also if you want a cheap option for a cavalry C skill for Freddy, you can give him Fortify Cavalry since he already has Fortify Def. (you can teach it after you learned Fortify def 2) 

also like Klein, Reinhardt appreciates Luna.

But as for other suggestions i just check the FEH gamepress wiki for tips

Yeah, I might want to do that for Azura, even though I gave her B Tomebreaker to make her a mage counter since I have so many low res or -Res units.

I already gave Camus Fortify Cav though, and I have no one with Hone Cav. That's why I said I wanted Freddy to get Hone Cav. Stahl and Reiny have Ward and Goad Cav respectively, so once I get Hone Cav, I'll have the whole set of cav buff skills.

Alrighty, thanks.

When it comes to horse/flier buffs, you'll want to decide who wants which buffs the most. For example, I put hone cavalry on my Clarine because as a healer, she does not need to hit hard. Xander got hone over fortify because I want him to tank things more than I'm worried about him hitting hard, and Leo got fortify over hone because a speed and attack boost helps him out a bit. So if you put hone on Frederick, that means you've decided that you don't actually want him to take advantage of that if there are no other hones deployed.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

When it comes to horse/flier buffs, you'll want to decide who wants which buffs the most. For example, I put hone cavalry on my Clarine because as a healer, she does not need to hit hard. Xander got hone over fortify because I want him to tank things more than I'm worried about him hitting hard, and Leo got fortify over hone because a speed and attack boost helps him out a bit. So if you put hone on Frederick, that means you've decided that you don't actually want him to take advantage of that if there are no other hones deployed.

Yes, I'm aware. Freddy is a tank, so giving him def boosts will help him with that. I'm not worried about him hitting hard and extra speed is useless to him, especially if he uses a Brave Axe+. My Freddy is -Spd, so with a Brave Axe+, his speed will total to a whopping 17.

Reinhardt, Stahl, and Camus would appreciate the attack more (though not really the speed, as none of them are particularly fast. My horse team is more tanky than quick, since all are +Def aside from Camus for obvious reasons).

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I'm aware. Freddy is a tank, so giving him def boosts will help him with that. I'm not worried about him hitting hard and extra speed is useless to him, especially if he uses a Brave Axe+. My Freddy is -Spd, so with a Brave Axe+, his speed will total to a whopping 17.

Reinhardt, Stahl, and Camus would appreciate the attack more (though not really the speed, as none of them are particularly fast. My horse team is more tanky than quick, since all are +Def aside from Camus for obvious reasons).

Alternatively, you can give Stahl Hone Cav so Frederick can receive all the boosts. You'd want as much attack as you can for  Brave users, and Frederick i think has the highest attack for axe cavaliers. Two Hone users is a good setup and gives you more flexibility in case you have to split up depending on the map

I find Ward Cavalry is the most situational so I haven't used it. You have to group together for that and the game (at least arena) favours killing things asap before they can hit back

Edited by mcsilas

20 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Not Soren food for Watersweep?

Fortress exists, but only Def +5 for Atk -3.

No because Felicia won't have trouble dealing with staves, magic or dragon breath, hence why I'm leaning towards Windsweep over Watersweep.

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

No because Felicia won't have trouble dealing with staves, magic or dragon breath, hence why I'm leaning towards Windsweep over Watersweep.

Oh, the sweep skills are divided by physical and magical? I thought it was based on range (meaning bow, tome, staff, dagger vs sword, lance, axe, breath).

Edit: Huh, I guess I never read the entire list of what sweeps are effective against.

Edited by KongDude

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Alternatively, you can give Stahl Hone Cav so Frederick can receive all the boosts. You'd want as much attack as you can for  Brave users, and Frederick i think has the highest attack for axe cavaliers. Two Hone users is a good setup and gives you more flexibility in case you have to split up depending on the map

I find Ward Cavalry is the most situational so I haven't used it. You have to group together for that and the game (at least arena) favours killing things asap before they can hit back

Frederick actually has the highest attack of all cavs period. That's why I'm not worried about making him hit hard enough. Stahl's attack is a bit low though, so he wants Hone Cav boosts more.

23 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

That's lame.

Cool people like me use Poison+.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick actually has the highest attack of all cavs period. That's why I'm not worried about making him hit hard enough. Stahl's attack is a bit low though, so he wants Hone Cav boosts more.

I meant have Hone Cav on both Stahl and Frederick. That way both of them can buff each other up. +6/+6 from Hone (and all stats will be +6 if he is buffed from Fortify as well) overshadows a +4 def/res buff from Ward Cavalry. 

It's better to play to Frederick's strengths and enhance his Attack by +6 by having an additional Hone Cav giver with Stahl. Especially when you give Freddy Brave Axe, the faster he can kill the better since a +6 boost is no joke. Brave users are player phase delete units so the more offense the better.

looking at your team the only one who appreciates Ward the most is Camus if he is baiting with Gradivus. Both Frederick and Reinhardt will be player phase delete buttons so the more Hone Cav units the better in case you find your units separated and Ward Cavalry wouldn't give them that much survivability. Even then the +6/+6 from Fortify is better

So hone Fred/Stahl, goad Reinhardt and fortify Camus

just suggesting that's all :) 

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I meant have Hone Cav on both Stahl and Frederick. That way both of them can buff each other up. +6/+6 from Hone (and all stats will be +6 if he is buffed from Fortify as well) overshadows a +4 def/res buff from Ward Cavalry. 

It's better to play to Frederick's strengths and enhance his Attack by +6 by having an additional Hone Cav giver with Stahl. Especially when you give Freddy Brave Axe, the faster he can kill the better since a +6 boost is no joke. Brave users are player phase delete units so the more offense the better.

looking at your team the only one who appreciates Ward the most is Camus if he is baiting with Gradivus. Both Frederick and Reinhardt will be player phase delete buttons so the more Hone Cav units the better in case you find your units separated and Ward Cavalry wouldn't give them that much survivability. Even then the +6/+6 from Fortify is better

So hone Fred/Stahl, goad Reinhardt and fortify Camus

just suggesting that's all :) 

Hmm. Okay, that should work well enough. I grinded a lot to get Stahl that Ward Cav, but he still has an upgrade to go through, so that's not a big deal. And I know, it's a good suggestion, don't worry. :)

I do love that all of them sans Camus are +Def though. XD It means they're harder to kill for physical teams! lol

Edited by Anacybele