Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. Colloquial first-person pronouns branch by gender, and various grammatical constructions are gender-specific.

Crazy. What about something that's genderless? Alternatively, perhaps they are doing it to be deliberately confusing, as to conceal the character's identity.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Crazy. What about something that's genderless? Alternatively, perhaps they are doing it to be deliberately confusing, as to conceal the character's identity.

Then it speaks neutrally. Certain constructions are gendered, but there is always a non-gendered version that can be used by any gender.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Uh, I think you meant to mention me. I was the one who brought up Apotheosis!Anna. I also only brought her up in jest. I don't seriously expect to see that Anna in Heroes at any point.

Ah yes, must have mixed up the avatars in my brain heh

yeah i doubt they'll have her but now i'm really curious how Loki will be implemented during gameplay

but huh, interesting about the speech pattern.

and yeah Tormod would be cool, although he would probably come whenever the Laguz are inplemented. Which is probably after a big update if they have to update the gameplay to make up for their weapons.

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I want Tormod in this game so badly, Tormod and Rath are my most wanted characters right now.

Rath would break the game unless his stats sucked because Brave Bow Cav Archer > Brave Bow Infantry Archer.

Fliers have become invalidated, Reinhardt is even easier to deal with because his movement can be matched, Kagero becomes useless and he is a BOWMEN with Access to hone cavalry which makes him better than Bridelia if he isn't already.

Broken.

Yeah, I'm aware Rath would probably break the game. But I still like his character and hope he will be added someday.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Fliers have become invalidated

Rath gets one-shot by any flying mage and any Brave flier.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Reinhardt is even easier to deal with because his movement can be matched

Ignoring all of the other ranged cavalry units that can already match Reinhardt's movement.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Kagero becomes useless

Implying cavalry don't currently dominate the arena.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

he is a BOWMEN with Access to hone cavalry which makes him better than Bridelia if he isn't already

He needs offenses higher than 33/33 to surpass Bride Cordelia in offenses, and that's simply not happening. The highest Atk of any ranged cavalry unit is currently 32 (Elise, Reinhardt, Cecilia), and the highest Spd of any ranged cavalry unit is currently 34 (Olwen).

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Apotheosis!Anna with her absurd stats and skills anyone?

Yes, please. I want my Goddess with her assets intact.

99 HP, 60 Atk, 70 Spd, 55 Def, 55 Res, 5 Mov

Goddess Brave Spear, Aether
Dragon Skin, Vantage+, Counter

Goddess Brave Spear [Mt 16; Rng 1]
Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-2). Attack twice when initiating combat. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.

Dragon Skin
Halves damage. Negates enemy's Special damage and out of combat damage.

Vantage+
Negates enemy Vantage. Unit counterattacks first when attacked.

Counter
If unit survives a hit, all damage received is also dealt back to the attacker immediately.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Dragon Skin, Vantage, Counter

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-2). Attack twice when initiating combat. Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked.

Dragon Skin

Counter
If unit survives a hit, all damage received is also dealt back to the attacker immediately.

That looks like a job for the Firesweep brigade. Four copies of my Peri can mow that down with only 2 losses.

You should've given her Galeforce.

Oh wait, that's Dragonskin.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

That looks like a job for the Firesweep brigade. Four copies of my Peri can mow that down with only 2 losses.

You should've given her Galeforce.

She does not have Galeforce as an enemy boss.

She has Brave Lance, Spear, Aether, Dragon Skin, Vantage+, Counter, and Rightful God.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

She does not have Galeforce as an enemy boss.

She has Brave Lance, Spear, Aether, Dragon Skin, Vantage+, Counter, and Rightful God.

A team of 4 Effies can actually kill that if you can somehow get a surround.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

A team of 4 Effies can actually kill that if you can somehow get a surround.

Although she is a Goddess, she is not unbeatable. You can still touch her ass...ets and get away with it. In fact, every time you beat her, she gives you an item that you can sell for 99,999 G, which hopefully translate to 99,999 Feathers for who ever beats her defense team in Heroes.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Dragon Skin, Vantage+, Counter

Dragon Skin

Vantage+
Negates enemy Vantage. Unit counterattacks first when attacked.

Counter

Highly doubt anyone would approve of such stats. I mean, you couldn't even get enough speed to not be doubled by Apotheosis Anna without Limit Breaker and an S-rank Pair Up with a unit class who gives at least 4 or 5 Speed, on top of Rally Botter and Speed Tonic. Most Horse Emblem teams wouldn't even be able to dent her, and you are already giving her a 3 cooldown Aether on top of Dragonskin.

Also don't know why you are combining her Brave Lance and Spear into one weapon, but eh.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Highly doubt anyone would approve of such stats. I mean, you couldn't even get enough speed to not be doubled by Apotheosis Anna without Limit Breaker and an S-rank Pair Up with a unit class who gives at least 4 or 5 Speed, on top of Rally Botter and Speed Tonic. Most Horse Emblem teams wouldn't even be able to dent her, and you are already giving her a 3 cooldown Aether on top of Dragonskin.

Also don't know why you are combining her Brave Lance and Spear into one weapon, but eh.

I want all of her assets kept, which includes her fives skills and two weapons. I have to combine a few things onto the Weapon to fit everything else.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rath gets one-shot by any flying mage and any Brave flier.

Unless his RES/SPD is gutter trash he's not being oneshot unless he's doubled (especially if running fury) by mages at which point he'll likely kill on the counter. Brave fliers actually have to get to him, except they have 2 move and 1 range and he has 3 mov and 2 range. Dance + Positioning skills but it's a horrible matchup. If we're talking technicalities yes they can kill him. The likelyhood? low.

Ignoring all of the other ranged cavalry units that can already match Reinhardt's movement.

If those ranged units aren't named Cecillia or Reinhardt it's not even a discussion, Olwen and Ursula require high levels of investment in order to be considered matching Rein, and that's assuming Rein himself isn't juiced. They can match his movement, but can they oneshot him? Probably not as easy as Rath could.

Implying cavalry don't currently dominate the arena.

No arguments here.

He needs offenses higher than 33/33 to surpass Bride Cordelia in offenses, and that's simply not happening. The highest Atk of any ranged cavalry unit is currently 32 (Elise, Reinhardt, Cecilia), and the highest Spd of any ranged cavalry unit is currently 34 (Olwen).

The assumption that his stats would be in the same tier. They've never done it before but they never made an Archer with 35/35 offenses. For all anyone knows he could very well become 33/33 or even 32/34 or something along those lines, it's all speculation but regardless he has access to cavalry buffs, something that immediately puts him above her.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Unless his RES/SPD is gutter trash he's not being oneshot unless he's doubled (especially if running fury) by mages at which point he'll likely kill on the counter. Brave fliers actually have to get to him, except they have 2 move and 1 range and he has 3 mov and 2 range. Dance + Positioning skills but it's a horrible matchup. If we're talking technicalities yes they can kill him. The likelyhood? low.

Summer Corrin has 79 Atk when buffed. Spring Camilla has 83 Atk when buffed. He's not surviving a single hit.

On open maps, you can bait him into ending his turn 3 squares away. On less open maps, you can Reposition boost a unit forward for a snipe. All the better with Drag Back.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

If those ranged units aren't named Cecillia or Reinhardt it's not even a discussion, Olwen and Ursula require high levels of investment in order to be considered matching Rein, and that's assuming Rein himself isn't juiced. They can match his movement, but can they oneshot him? Probably not as easy as Rath could.

Ursula has Blarwolf+ and Death Blow 3 at default. She one-hit kills Reinhardt with no buffs and no skill inheritance..

Olwen has Dire Thunder. She one-round kills Reinhardt with no buffs and no skill inheritance, taking 14 damage from the counterattack.

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

but regardless he has access to cavalry buffs, something that immediately puts him above her.

No, simply having access to cavalry buffs means absolutely nothing. A cavalry archer needs a bare minimum of 32/32 offenses to equal an infantry archer with 35/35 offenses because cavalry buffs can at best make up for a deficit of 3/3 (because infantry has access to Rally Atk/Spd at the bare minimum).

More reasonably, though, a cavalry archer would need a minimum of 32/33 because Renais buffs are still relevant.

You can't just throw math out the window simply "because cavalry buffs". +6/6 isn't +∞/∞ and doesn't instantly make a unit better than everything else regardless of their stats.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can't just throw math out the window simply "because cavalry buffs". +6/6 isn't +∞/∞ and doesn't instantly make a unit better than everything else regardless of their stats.

To wit- while doing matchups for attacking Reinhardt versus defending Fae (to see if mine was worth building for that purpose), I found that, with a Hone and a Goad, Reinhardt was capable of the exciting feat of not being doubled by Fae... assuming she wasn't +Spd, like mine happens to be.

Fae is slow.

Attack buffs are more exciting on a blade user, who doubles normal buffs and triples themed ones.

I finally got Tharja! But she's +Def, -Spd 4*. (Why must I suffer?)

Well, at least I have a Tharja, but come on, game, really? -Spd? She's basically a +Spd Raigh now with way crappier resistance and slightly better defense. 35 speed with Darting Blow 3 is all right, but 37 would have been way better. Ugh... Why... -Atk Henry and -Spd Tharja. The worst banes for these two. I can't wait to get a +Def, -Atk Sanaki eventually!

On a brighter note, I finally have an axe knight as well, a +Def, -HP 4* Sheena. Even though training stratums can be re-rolled now, it's still nice having an axe knight.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

On a brighter note, I finally have an axe knight as well, a +Def, -HP 4* Sheena. Even though training stratums can be re-rolled now, it's still nice having an axe knight.

Aye, I remember trying to do Armour Emblem with my Hector and Effie today.

Let us never speak of it again.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well, at least I have a Tharja, but come on, game, really? -Spd? She's basically a +Spd Raigh now with way crappier resistance and slightly better defense. 35 speed with Darting Blow 3 is all right, but 37 would have been way better. Ugh... Why... -Atk Henry and -Spd Tharja. The worst banes for these two. I can't wait to get a +Def, -Atk Sanaki eventually!

R A O U R B L A D E  F O D D E R 

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Next time when you bet a better Tharja, use that one to get skills, then merge.

@phineas81707 Trying to do those armor quest is like completing shifting tile puzzles, 15 times

Edited by Jingle Jangle

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

@phineas81707 Trying to do those armor quest is like completing shifting tile puzzles, 15 times

I always sucked at those things. I should probably put Swap on my armours, make Zephiel better than 3*, and build a fourth before I try for real.

And that's the one I feel most prepared for.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I always sucked at those things. I should probably put Swap on my armours, make Zephiel better than 3*, and build a fourth before I try for real.

And that's the one I feel most prepared for.

From my experience, swap makes it a lot easier.

I used to lose quite a few battles with my armors last month (even after careful picking), but this time I hardly lost at all. I did have Hector and 3 4* units though.