• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That's a nice idea! Tons of Abels

Oh heck no!  Something like Tomas/Merric/Heath/Lance.  That should cover most, if not all of the weapon triangle!

Just now, eclipse said:

Oh heck no!  Something like Tomas/Merric/Heath/Lance.  That should cover most, if not all of the weapon triangle!

Looks good! I hope we'll get to see the enemies' team so we can adapt our units so we can use more of them and that'd bring lots of strategies.

There are so many characters I want to bring, it's gonna be so hard to chose: Marth (complete fanboy), Caeda, Elincia, Ike, Marcia, Nephenee, Selena, Xander, Peri, Navarre, Finn, Seliph, Altena, Lyn, etc etc.

Unless it's someone I really hate (like Tharja), I'll just be using whoever I get until I get someone I like more.  If it is someone I hate, I hope there's a way to discard units.  Because I outright refuse to use Tharja.

Lords only go go

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

You know? Something is bothering me a whole lot of this game? Will they make the stats of each and every unit exactly like how they were in the games or are they going to make them be on the same level?

Personally I don't see the point of having each and every unit from the previous games and bring them here unless they have a role of story to be told in this game. It just feels like the units you love are now soulless because they play less of a role. I mean, Pent and Louise used to be under service with Athos but...now what are they doing?

I just feel like instead of summoning units, there should be a chapter where you recruit them so that it doesn't look like they don't have a soul....

I guess what I'm trying to get is that if the units don't have much of conversations or don't have much to talk about, then what's the point of getting them since their personality is also part of their charm?

Speaking of which....do we get Athos as well?

The Direct shows that you can recruit units through battle, but whether it has a story or not, wait and see!

I want Athos to be added.

52 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Unless it's someone I really hate (like Tharja), I'll just be using whoever I get until I get someone I like more.  If it is someone I hate, I hope there's a way to discard units.  Because I outright refuse to use Tharja.

Even if she's very good on the battlefield ? Complete priority goes to Marth for me, but I might do the same as you for the rest of the cast.

16 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

Even if she's very good on the battlefield ? Complete priority goes to Marth for me, but I might do the same as you for the rest of the cast.

Even if she's good.

I want absolutely nothing to do with Tharja (or Peri/Sully/Robin/Corrin), so unless there's a friend code trading mechanic (which I doubt) and I can give her to someone who'd be more willing to use her or something, it'd be right to the go away corner regardless of star count.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

How about just not using her instead of discarding her from the slot?

Talking about spaces, I wonder how dupes will work in here. In most of the mobage I play, dupes make the character stronger in a way or another, for instance.

Edited by pianime94

@Harvey I think that's not the case for most units in Heroes. Some of them might play a role in the story, if anything a minor one, I expect. At least the royal siblings, the lords and maybe one or two other important characters. But the rest will just be there for the player to have fun of them.

@Glaceon Mage So much Tharja hate there! She'll cast a hex on you :P:

On another note, I have lots of teams planned.

Heroes of Archanea I: Linde, Gordin, Abel, Ogma

Heroes of Archanea II: Caeda, Cain, Draug, Navarre

Heroes of Archanea III: Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Merric

The Whitewings: Minerva, Maria, Palla, Catria

Siblings Power: Abel, Cain, Michalis, Minerva

Fight for DAT BOI: Roy, Lilina, Cecilia, Sophia

Lords: Eliwood, Roy, Lyn, Lilina

Elibe mages: Clarine, Nino, Ray, Serra

Axe power: Hawkeye, Bartre, Ougier, Raven

Move move move!: Florina, Shanna, Narcian, Ursula

Awakening: Chrom, Lissa, Robin, Lucina

Fight for Chrom: Chrom, Olivia, Cordelia, Tharja

Mounts!: Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Cherche

Heroes of Awakening: Chrom, Tharja, Virion, Tiki

Manakete power: Tiki, Tiki, Fa, Nowi

Fates: Corrin, Corrin, Azura, Kaze (?)

Nohr I: Corrin, Xander, Laslow, Peri

Nohr II: Corrin, Camilla, Selena, Beruka

Nohr III: Corrin, Leo, Niles, Odin

Nohr IV: Corrin, Elise, Arthur, Effie

Nohr Kingdom: Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise

Hoshido I: Corrin, Ryoma, Saizo, Kagero

Hoshido II: Corrin, Hinoka, Azama, Setsuna

Hoshido III:  Corrin, Takumi, Oboro, Hinata

Hoshido IV: Corrin, Sakura, Hana, Subaki

Hoshido Kingdom: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura

Servants Will: Corrin, Gunter, Felicia, Jakob

Wow that's quite a lot of teams for 90+ units. I hope we can expand our parties as well.

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

But the rest will just be there for the player to have fun of them.

That's exactly my point because part of the character's charm is their personality so it might not be as fun as using them like how their original games depict. Would you say Sain is enjoyable now that he'll be silent in this game? Its his personality that MAKES him special. Same goes for guys like Hector, Eliwood, and my one of my personal favorites, Raven.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

If characters didn't talk, there would be no point in voice acting all of them.

They'll at least have SOMETHING to say.

You didn't get my point.....like remember how in Awakening, the DLC units that you get are completely silent and have little to nothing to talk about? Well what if that same thing applies here?

Just now, Harvey said:

You didn't get my point.....like remember how in Awakening, the DLC units that you get are completely silent and have little to nothing to talk about? Well what if that same thing applies here?

The gameplay we've seen suggests this isn't the case.

Besides that, this is entirely fanservice, making everyone except the OC's "..." at everything like in Awakening just defeats the point.  In Awakening it was essentially a side thing, here it's essentially the entire point of the game.

3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Hmm, I'm imagining like in most gacha's, they just have certain lines for getting summoned, leveling up, attacking, etcetera. Complete silence would be a major letdown, but I don't think things like supports will be in this game.

14 minutes ago, Harvey said:

That's exactly my point because part of the character's charm is their personality so it might not be as fun as using them like how their original games depict. Would you say Sain is enjoyable now that he'll be silent in this game? Its his personality that MAKES him special. Same goes for guys like Hector, Eliwood, and my one of my personal favorites, Raven.

I get your point but mobile games aren't about characterization or showing each character notably. They have voice during attacks, crts, etc. However there might be side quests when 5* them or something, which imo is fairly possible.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

I get your point but mobile games aren't about characterization or showing each character notably. They have voice during attacks, crts, etc. However there might be side quests when 5* them or something, which imo is fairly possible.

Truth. The bond you get is from the previous games you've played with them. They might also get some lines as 'guest characters' for story purposes in the story or side quests / events.

Yeah the characters won't be completely silent since they are getting voice acted lines. How much they talk is anyone's guess however. I agree with @Birdy's list above as the minimum.

That said, with support conversations being a major charm point for FE and IS knowing this, I'm having some hope for something more. But I'm trying to keep my expectations low at the same time lol (so no, no everyone supporting everyone :P:)