Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

God, the full magnitude of Arden's design didn't really hit me until I started scrolling between him and the others. He like... actually has a face.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Spoiler

I can't get over Arden he is hilarious and I need it, ayra looks amazing and if I didn't have so many swords it would be another on the need list and Arvis can be my red mage that I have needed so badly at least until I manage to summon Katarina  

I decided to actually compare Tailtiu's stats to Linde's and Tharja's, just out of curiosity.

Spoiler

Linde: 35 HP/35 Atk/36 Spd/14 Def/27 Res

Tailtiu: 39 HP/32 Atk/35 Spd/17 Def/25 Res

Tharja: 39 HP/32 Atk/34 Spd/23 Def/20 Res

I can't believe it. I was spot on. Every single one of Tailtiu's stats is either between Linde and Tharja's, or equal to one of them. That's amazing. I'm so happy that I was right; even if I get her at -Spd or -Atk, I can definitely make her work with these stats.

Wouldn't be all this spoiler-overkill be better placed in a separate topic? 

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

And I managed to beat the final paralogue CC as well. Gah. I kind of hate and love those things. Like I love the challenge and being forced to use characters in new ways, but I hate essentially wasting 30 stamina every time I make a stupid mistake because I usually can't recover from those. ESPECIALLY on the turn limit maps.

All I have left is the final Squad Assault which should bring me up to 97 orbs. I almost beat it last night without much trouble, but I made a stupid mistake, and these maps are even more unforgiving. lol I'll try again later when I have more patience.

If you finished all CCs, the last SA should be a piece of cake in comparison. 

Spoiler

It's not that Arden has a face and the others don't. It's that Arden has a nose and the others don't.

Also, Arden's Spd stat. They finally gave someone a 20% stat growth (the previous lowest stat growth was 25%). Right. Brave Sword.

Also, Ira's art is fucking gorgeous. I seriously hope she's not a limited-count character. Pretty please.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Datamine talk

Spoiler

Sigurd has an elevated BST? Let us just hope that is because he's the most powerful lord in FE history insofar as gameplay efficiency goes. No power creep please.

Arvis has low Def? Why'd they make no reference to Valflame's +10 Def bonus?! This said, his Gen 1 NPC lv 25 Sage appearance has only 8 Def.

You know, part of me not getting so into this FEH thing, is the realization not everything is as glitzy and amazing as one would hope. Any new Banner is "cool!", but then I read the details here on SF, and I'm like, "ehhh, it's not so perfect after all".

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wouldn't be all this spoiler-overkill be better placed in a separate topic? 

Probably, but I think it's a bit too late at this point, unfortunately. I've at least been trying to not use spoilers if they're not fully necessary, like mentioning Sigurd, Deirdre, Tailtiu, Arvis, and Ayra as units, since they've all been known already.

Spoiler

Arden, however, complicates things a bit. As do the Tempest Trial and "Extra Maps", which haven't truly been announced yet.

Regarding the datamined stats:

Spoiler

Sigurd : 41 HP / 35 Atk / 32 Spd / 34 Def / 17 Res (BST = 159. Basic melee cavalry BST + CYL/trainee bonus)

Deidre : 36 HP / 33 Atk / 28 Spd / 16 Def / 35 Res (BST = 148. Basic mage BST)

Tailtiu : 39 HP/ 32 Atk / 35 Spd / 17 Def / 25 Res (BST = 148. Again, expected for a mage)

Ayra :   41 HP / 33 Atk / 37 Spd / 31 Def / 21 Res (BST = 163. Seems like she has a CYL/Trainee boost as well)

Arvis :  33 HP / 34 Atk / 31 Spd / 17 Def / 33 Res (BST = 148. Yet again, nothing weird for an infantry mage)

Arden : 60 HP / 36 Atk / 16 Spd / 41 Def / 16 Res (BST = 169. Normal armor BST)

Thoughts:

Spoiler

Deidre is pretty similar to Julia, but trades a few points in HP, Atk and Def for 2 more Spd and 2 more Res. I'm kind of sad since she could potentially make Julia obsolete thanks to her higher Spd and Res and Divine Naga's passive effect.

Tailtiu is not gonna overtake Linde's spot as the best infantry Blarblade user. 3 less Atk, 1 less Spd and 2 less Res in exchange for 4 more HP and 3 more Def is 'heh'. Her only redeeming point is if she drops to 4-5* because she would be the best non 5* exclusive infantry blarblade user and she comes with the tome. 

Arvis looks like  a decent red infantry mage. He's behind Henry and right before Sophia in terms of HP, but he has the second highest attack behind Sanaki/Lilina, but he's faster than both of them, though not as fast as Katarina, Tharja and Celica. His Def is heh, but he has the third highest res of the red infantry mages, which should work out well with Valflame's Atk/Res ploy.

Arden is min/maxed to hell. Highest physical bulk in the game thanks to his absurd 60 HP and 41 Def. Add his 36 Atk and he's pretty scary. His Spd and Res are terrible, but slap Wary Fighter on him and not much's gonna touch him on the physical side and even some mage will have a hard time 1HKOing him thanks to his HP.

Ayra's just insane.  She has 49 Atk and 40 Spd with her weapon equipped is incredible, especially when combined with her decent physical bulk. Regnal Astra will hopefully have a short cooldown than Astra, because even with all that speed, it only deals 16 damage.

And Sigurd is looking great. He ties with Frederick for highest Atk on a horse and he has decent spd, def and HP. Horse Emblem definitely didn't need a new monstrous unit to add to its collection of nightmare. Facing this guy with B!Lyn and Reinhardt hiding behind him is not gonna be fun at all.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Probably, but I think it's a bit too late at this point, unfortunately. I've at least been trying to not use spoilers if they're not fully necessary, like mentioning Sigurd, Deirdre, Tailtiu, Arvis, and Ayra as units, since they've all been known already.

Reveal hidden contents

Arden, however, complicates things a bit. As do the Tempest Trial and "Extra Maps", which haven't truly been announced yet.

No big problem, just a suggestion and I was tired opening all those tags. Gets a little confusing combined with quoting. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

!!!

No, seriously, look at these faces:

Hide contents

lzf9qSG.jpg

Dear god! They're both beautiful. Eirika is still better because I say so, but Ayra is pretty close hot damn!

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Alvis is technically speaking "rumored" and not "known".

True, but my main meaning (which I could've worded better) was for the units that have been discussed as fact on here for a while. Most people who know about that leak trust it almost fully at this point, so while he's not really confirmed, it also doesn't quite feel like a true spoiler to mention him, especially in the General Discussion thread here. If Quan and Ethlyn were here, then I'd put any information about them in spoilers, since they were never mentioned in the leak.

Shoot, did I just spoil that Quan and Ethlyn aren't in?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No, seriously, look at these faces:

Reveal hidden contents

lzf9qSG.jpg

Spoiler

To be honest, the artist did a pretty good job of differentiating their eyes, even if most of it is subtle. Ayra's eyes are sharper and wider, while Eirika's are more round and soft. Again, it's subtle, but it does a good job of getting their very different personalities across.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How far can they take min-maxing? Will we get a 17 HP 100 Atk 10 Spd/Def/Res mage some day?

It depends on how high they're willing to make a character's growth rates.

Currently, no character has a base growth lower than 25% (+10 between level 1 and level 40 at 5-star rarity) or a growth higher than 70% (+30).

Spoiler

Not counting Arden's HP growth, which is 80%.

My friend on AWBW doesn't like spoilers to the stories, and, well... this isn't the banner for her.

Spoiler

Sigurd and Ayra are post-Belhalla, and state such.

Deirdre is post-memory wipe of her husband.

And Arvis, a free unit she needs due to lack of red mages, outright says he kills Sigurd in a castle quote.

Good thing I swept the dialogue lines.

Just now, Korath88 said:

This skillset. This goddamn skillset.

Hide contents

0yee5et2s4sz.png

Regnal Astra is 2 cooldown. What the fuck

Spoiler

Is that true?!? What the hell?! She's straight up better than Athena, Lon'qu, Hana and the other Myrms. Hell, I can only think of Lyn surviving due to her Desperation/Wrath/Brash assault niche.

So regarding Ayra

Spoiler

Regnal Astra has a 2 turn cooldown and she comes with Desperation and Swift Sparrow. She has 53 Atk and 44 Spd when initiating attack when un-merged and if she's in desperation range, she always activate Regnal Astra on the second hit.

Still looking around find out what's the skill set for Arvis and Arden, though it's suspected that Arden will get the Follow-up Ring and Arvis the Recovery Ring.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

This skillset. This goddamn skillset.

Reveal hidden contents

0yee5et2s4sz.png

Regnal Astra is 2 cooldown. What the fuck

Ayra is awesome :)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It depends on how high they're willing to make a character's growth rates.

Currently, no character has a base growth lower than 25% (+10 between level 1 and level 40 at 5-star rarity) or a growth higher than 70% (+30).

Hide contents

Not counting Arden's HP growth, which is 80%.

Spoiler

Arden Emblem: Armor of the Unholy Stats