Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

So regarding Ayra

Hide contents

Regnal Astra has a 2 turn cooldown and she comes with Desperation and Swift Sparrow. She has 53 Atk and 44 Spd when initiating attack when un-merged and if she's in desperation range, she always activate Regnal Astra on the second hit.

Still looking around find out what's the skill set for Arvis and Arden, though it's suspected that Arden will get the Follow-up Ring and Arvis the Recovery Ring.

Spoiler

She actually has 47 Spd, Ayra's Sword gives her +3 Spd. So Regnal Astra basically gives her a free 18 points of damage with a full kit for basically a one turn-charge because her sword also reduces cooldown charges if she has more Spd than her opponent.

Edited by Azure Sen

Just now, Azure Sen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She actually has 47 Spd, Ayra's Sword gives her +3 Spd. So Regnal Astra basically gives her a free 18 points of damage for basically a one turn-charge because her sword also reduces cooldown charges if she has more Spd than her opponent.

Spoiler

Nope. She has 40 with the boost from her sword and 37 without it. Her sword would need to give a +6 spd boost.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My friend on AWBW doesn't like spoilers to the stories, and, well... this isn't the banner for her.

Hide contents

Sigurd and Ayra are post-Belhalla, and state such.

Deirdre is post-memory wipe of her husband.

And Arvis, a free unit she needs due to lack of red mages, outright says he kills Sigurd in a castle quote.

Good thing I swept the dialogue lines.

Ugh... this is definitely an annoying part about this banner. I wish they would hold back on the spoilers more. Although, I will admit, the fact that they're taken from when they are is very intriguing; the dialogue had better deliver on this potential for interesting characterization.

Spoiler

Ayra in particular is very interesting to me. She's one of the few Gen 1 characters that never have their post-Belhalla fate revealed. I don't want to read any of the dialogue that might be in the datamine, but I'm excited to see what'll be there once I get her myself. And then be disappointed like I normally am with the dialogue.

Just now, Azure Sen said:
  Hide contents

She actually has 47 Spd, Ayra's Sword gives her +3 Spd. So Regnal Astra basically gives her a free 18 points of damage for basically a one turn-charge because her sword also reduces cooldown charges if she has more Spd than her opponent.

Weapons that give extra points to a stat will display them in their stat totals. CYL Lyn has base 35 Spd, but it will always display as 38 Spd with her personal weapon equipped. So the original amount does accurately include the weapon.

It's a shame she's so good for SI, since I'm 100% going to get her to 5-star and max merge level. We'll have to see how she's obtained though, since the datamine didn't seem to find anything, and how she's unlocked will determine how expensive my goal will be.

@Vaximillian Are Deirdre's stats satisfactory to you? Although I get the feeling you wouldn't mind no matter what her spread was, but I'm curious.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

Phantom Spd best seal on Ayra with that Spd-based Heavy Blade of hers, huh?

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

54 Spd on initiation with Phantom Spd 3 and her default Swift Sparrow. Her weapon's passive is pretty much guaranteed to activate at that point. And if Phantom Spd counts for Regnal Astra, that's a 21 damage special with a 2 turn cooldown on a unit that has Dancing Blade and comes with desperation.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's a shame she's so good for SI, since I'm 100% going to get her to 5-star and max merge level. We'll have to see how she's obtained though, since the datamine didn't seem to find anything, and how she's unlocked will determine how expensive my goal will be.

Given how Ira is recruited in FE4, I wouldn't be surprised if she is also a Grand Hero Battle character.

@LuxSpes Phantom Spd only counts for comparisons.

Spoiler

Regnal Astra is not a comparison.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@DefaultBeep: I wouldn’t mind either way, but this makes me even more excited. I didn’t know it was even possible, but here we are.

@LuxSpes: beautiful, just like herself. Time to spend them coins! But I doubt it will count for the sake of calculating the special. It doesn’t compare anything, it just takes flat 40%.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Given how Ira is recruited in FE4, I wouldn't be surprised if she is also a Grand Hero Battle character.

...How many Navarres are in the game, anyhow? We don't have Rutger, Guy, Joshua, Mia/Zihark... the only Navarre that we can summon is Lon'qu, who wasn't recruited on the battlefield.

Navarre might've set precedent.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That was my first thought too (I think I mentioned it earlier, but that was probably a few pages ago by now), but

Spoiler

the datamine didn't mention anything about a GHB battle for her, while it did mention both Arvis's and Ursula's repeat. It's possible that it will be added in fully later of course, or it could've just not been found for some reason, but it makes me a bit less certain either way. I'm not sure how else Arden could be introduced besides as a TT unit though, so that still seems unlikely for her to be now.

Spoiler

Does anyone else think Arden looks a little stoned?

Both because he is stoned and because he is a stone?

It also really feels like they are going a little crazy with these non-inheritable special skills. Sigurd getting a skill that stacks well with his personal weapon (to make up for his actual resistance stat being ABSOLUTELY CRAP), Arvis getting Renewal 4, and Ayra looking to get Brash Assault 3 and Desperation 2 in the same skill. Here I was thinking they were going to be these great special skills that only the Choose your Legend winners would ever have.

holly **** the powercreep is real! That Spd special is fantastic and i am glad its for now restricted because it would have broken the game maybe (Ryoma?! Hana to name a few, or fast firesweep users) albeit it would have helped Felicia!

I am speechless. Also the new passives wtf. Exclusiv but still wtf. Zephirl just got dethroned

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

That was my first thought too (I think I mentioned it earlier, but that was probably a few pages ago by now), but

Hide contents

the datamine didn't mention anything about a GHB battle for her, while it did mention both Arvis's and Ursula's repeat. It's possible that it will be added in fully later of course, or it could've just not been found for some reason, but it makes me a bit less certain either way. I'm not sure how else Arden could be introduced besides as a TT unit though, so that still seems unlikely for her to be now.

Unless...

Spoiler

The next TT has two TT-only units.

Arden for lower points, and then after that it will be Ayra (since obviously she has great stats, weapons, skills, etc.)

I don't think there were any new seals found yet right?

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Question is, why do Sigurd and Ayra get +5 BST compared to similar units? I can understand for the CYL winners, but this sets a worrying precedent.

Yeah, not exactly a fan of that. Guess the BST limitations were too constricting for them :(

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wouldn’t mind either way, but this makes me even more excited. I didn’t know it was even possible, but here we are.

This pretty much sums up my feelings for this update as a whole. Just 30 more minutes! And then I can cry while I drown in more Donnels and Ests.

Just now, Korath88 said:

Question is, why do Sigurd and Ayra get +5 BST compared to similar units? I can understand for the CYL winners, but this sets a worrying precedent. Not to mention Arden literally powercreeping Zephiel.

Spoiler

If I remember right, Ayra had super good growths in Genealogy. That was more because she was a foot unit in a game ruled by cavalry, and not because she was really a trainee unit in the strictest sense, but she's still known for having outstanding stats in her base game. Same goes with Sigurd to an extent; lore-wise, he's one of the strongest lords in the series, thanks in part to starting out as a prepromote right from the start.

I kinda agree though, it's a bit more worrying from a Heroes gameplay standpoint.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Unless...

Hide contents

The next TT has two TT-only units.

Arden for lower points, and then after that it will be Ayra (since obviously she has great stats, weapons, skills, etc.)

I don't think there were any new seals found yet right?

Spoiler

Now that you mention the seal thing, I could actually believe that. More seals may be added only through the forge from now on, since adding them right after needing to earn them in a TT would be kinda disheartening. Of course, one costs time while the other costs resources, but they may still decide to do so to avoid any possible backlash regardless. And I don't recall seeing anything on new seals, which is another point for that theory.

Arvis's emphasis on ploys makes me think that we could use a Phantom Res seal for ploys.  Phantom Attack would only work for Heavy Blade/Blazing Durandal (so far), Phantom HP would only work for Panic Ploy, and Phantom Def would be useless (I think), but Phantom Res would have slightly more effect than Phantom Speed does (which affects Wind/Watersweep and now Arya's Blade).

Of course, that might be why we don't have it.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi