Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@DefaultBeep Definitely use that Klein, I put Swordbreaker on mine and he wrecked the many swordies in Tempest Trials so much that he maxed out everything. Brave Bow+ is such a good weapon.

@Sunwoo Cool, hope you enjoy. I myself have a 4 star +Spd/-Res one, too and another that is +Atk/-Def. Def bane kind of sucks so I might wait for a -Res one, and my current Merric 5 star + 1 is +Res/-HP...which is okay I guess.

@Zeo Hmm as far as I know, probably the closest thing to a dark past Elise would be is maybe the fact that Garon had many wives/concubines and there was this war like thing between the women- although this more affects Camilla than Elise (and explains Camilla's overprotectiveness). Elise's role is pretty much just to be the light-hearted, bubbly character in a dark nation like Nohr. More emphasised in Birthright. But hey she's pretty powerful with Wrathful Staff on a horse team.

Yeah I wish Dazzling Staff, Wrathful Staff and even Live to Serve would become Sacred Seals, just so we could free up the B skills for healers. Maybe Renewal would be cool (super Falchion healers?!?).

What other skills would be nice/likely becomes SS? Quick Riposte would be cool because of it's rarity but may be too powerful if combined with a good B skill? I don't think something like Vantage, Desperation or the Breakers would ever be Sacred Seals though.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I looked at what people had datamined from the trick or defeat update and for some reason, there was something that intrigued me. It was that there was two maps that aren't currently found in the game and also two special map banner with, one with TA and one with QR. What does this mean?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I thought Elise was born after the worst of the concubine wars.

Oh right you are I never fully unlocked her support with Leo. But she did mention how her mother only really cared about Garon to the end and not her.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oh right you are I never fully unlocked her support with Leo. But she did mention how her mother only really cared about Garon to the end and not her.

That much is true, and that's something that she shouldn't have had to go through. It sounds like she didn't get the brunt of the concubine wars like Camilla and Leo did, though, and ... I just find her a really annoying character. I felt bad for her in Birthright, but her only purpose in that route is to ... well, you know. And it didn't even work, what she tried to do. She's literally just there to be cute, but she just bothers me.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That much is true, and that's something that she shouldn't have had to go through. It sounds like she didn't get the brunt of the concubine wars like Camilla and Leo did, though, and ... I just find her a really annoying character. I felt bad for her in Birthright, but her only purpose in that route is to ... well, you know. And it didn't even work, what she tried to do. She's literally just there to be cute, but she just bothers me.

Hmm yeah I can see how she can be a bit much and immature, but i think in terms of her role in the cast, Nohr really needed someone who's not too edgy or insane. When you have people like Niles, Peri and Camilla, to loyal-to-a-fault Xander, to stoic assassins like Beruka, you kind of need some fun, more light-hearted characters like Elise (and Arthur!!) to balance out the cast. In terms of female characters, there's the jaded Nyx, the two-faced Charlotte, the sometimes harsh tsundere and competitive Selena (although she's overall better personality-wise in Fates), the bordering insane Peri/Camilla- Elise and Effie are probably the most normal/non-dysfunctional females in Nohr. Oh and I guess Mozu/Felicia but I'm just talking about Nohr-exclusives.

I think she's more of a needed character role, especially if you're looking at just the Nohr royals. I mean, annoying cinnamon bun hairstyles aside, she's the one who's most likely to be cooperate if Corrin went to the other side- so there's that angle, too.

That said I prefer Sakura anyway (although her stuttering was annoying at the start)

Honestly, I really only like Takumi and Sakura of the Fates royals anyway. Ryoma and Leo are just there. Elise is annoying, Camilla scares me, Hinoka is awful, and Xander is a waste of potential/a character.

What makes Hinoka awful again? I mean I get she doesn't really do much and has a poor choice in retainers, but I don't exactly get why she herself is awful. It's a shame though because I love her design, and her Japanese VA.

I guess she can be rash at times?

I think I like Leo the most, who's usually the most level headed. Hinoka mainly for design and Sakura especially in Conquest. I appreciate Takumi's design as well, but sometimes he can be a bit too brash/much depending on the route. The others are just kind of there, but understandably sometimes I just get fatigue from the Royals overall because of how overexposed they are now.

Still pretty good units though, especially in Conquest. As fun as a challenge that game is, somtimes you really need to use Camilla in maps like Chapter 10.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What makes Hinoka awful again? I mean I get she doesn't really do much and has a poor choice in retainers, but I don't exactly get why she herself is awful. It's a shame though because I love her design, and her Japanese VA.

Conquest 24.

She basically does not give a shit about Takumi and Sakura.

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

Meanwhile, Priscilla. :p

Priscilla is a myth, much like Hinoka.

I remember descending into colourless hell for her on that banner… never again. What were they even thinking, putting four heroes of the same colour on the same banner?

I only got Ninian from that banner, and accidentally so.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's how forgettable she is.

Your face is forgettable.

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I think I like Leo the most, who's usually the most level headed. Hinoka mainly for design and Sakura especially in Conquest. I appreciate Takumi's design as well, but sometimes he can be a bit too brash/much depending on the route. The others are just kind of there, but understandably sometimes I just get fatigue from the Royals overall because of how overexposed they are now.

This is basically my opinion on the royals, except with Hinoka slightly above Leo. I remember liking her supports and overall character more, but Leo isn't far behind her for my favorites.. As for her role in the story... I just pretend that the story doesn't exist, and judge the characters solely on Supports instead. Most of the characters end up being much more likable that way, Hinoka included. Sakura might be the rare exception to that though, at least in that one Conquest chapter.

Edited by DefaultBeep

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Conquest 24.

She basically does not give a shit about Takumi and Sakura.

Hmm, I decided to refresh my memory and watched that but didn't really take it that way? I mean, she doesn't know their status until after the battle and her mindset before the battle was more 'we are the last line of defense in the castle so we have to defend it'.

if you mean it's the fact that she doesn't ask about them then I guess fair enough, but again, to me she was in the last defense mindset - not a lo of people can think clearly in that position. But eh, Conquest doesn't have the strongest story anyway and is more about the gameplay.

@DefaultBeep Even Camilla is better in supports where she doesn't mention Corrin. The Hinoka support was actually pretty nice to me, for example. Sure some can be a bit hit and miss, or can be repetitive (aka Setsuna), but yeah generally I enjoy characters more for their supports than story presence msotly because I like secondary characters more than main ones

Speaking of supports, I remember supporting Hinoka and Silas. That was great for my first playthrough, especially the last one.

I do wish older games have supports so we can get to know some characters more.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm down for this part, but... am I alone in not really liking building supports for gameplay purposes? It honestly feels a bit too team-restrictive to me, on occasion. Heroes's system is much better, but I still haven't done a lot of Supports- it's basically Camus/Priscilla, a bunch of Tempest supports and some random Cs I slapped together with little rhyme or reason.

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Even Camilla is better in supports where she doesn't mention Corrin. The Hinoka support was actually pretty nice to me, for example. Sure some can be a bit hit and miss, or can be repetitive (aka Setsuna), but yeah generally I enjoy characters more for their supports than story presence msotly because I like secondary characters more than main ones

Speaking of supports, I remember supporting Hinoka and Silas. That was great for my first playthrough, especially the last one.

For sure; I remember actually liking Camilla's support with Keaton, thanks partly for having nothing to do with Corrin. Her support with Xander was good too, from what I I remember of it. 

I supported them in my first playthrough too, actually. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember liking it. Oh Fates, why must you have some good characters and gameplay, but such a lackluster story?

Part of why I love New Mystery is because of how much the supports helped to flesh out the cast. Characters like Radd and Caesar, who hardly had dialogue at all before (and weren't even in the original Mystery) suddenly had actual personalities, although the amount of supports was unfortunately uneven. At least everyone had at least one conversation with the avatar, so everyone had a chance to be fleshed out even just a little bit. FE4 did a decent job already of showing characters' personalities, but Thracia could desperately use some support conversations in a remake. How do characters like Machyua and Brighton interact? Or Leif and Mareeta? Or Marty and Dagdar?

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Kaden Those delicious 29/29 offenses.

Someone's pain is about to be eased. :p

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's how forgettable she is.

Most healers are...

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Priscilla is a myth, much like Hinoka.

I remember descending into colourless hell for her on that banner… never again. What were they even thinking, putting four heroes of the same colour on the same banner?

I only got Ninian from that banner, and accidentally so.

Red mages are fantasies for me. They only appear when they are a reality for everyone.

Edited by Kaden

25 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hmm, I decided to refresh my memory and watched that but didn't really take it that way? I mean, she doesn't know their status until after the battle and her mindset before the battle was more 'we are the last line of defense in the castle so we have to defend it'.

if you mean it's the fact that she doesn't ask about them then I guess fair enough, but again, to me she was in the last defense mindset - not a lo of people can think clearly in that position. But eh, Conquest doesn't have the strongest story anyway and is more about the gameplay.

My issue is that Hinoka assumes that Takumi and Sakura are dead but is all to quick to believe Corrin when Corrin tells her that they want to help Hoshido, not destroy it. She also asks that Corrin take her with them, so they can talk to Ryoma to stop the war (a war that Ryoma can't stop, because he's not the instigator). Again, she thinks that Sakura and Takumi are dead. She doesn't mention either of them until Camilla implies that Sakura is alive, to which she says, "Sakura is alive?!" Doesn't ask about Takumi, nor does she ever ask whether he's dead or alive, so it's fair to say she assumes Takumi is dead and thought Sakura was dead too ... and just didn't care.

Hinoka is an awful sister to anyone not named Corrin. As someone with a younger sibling, this pisses me off. As a writer, I will give Conquest's story and characters absolutely no passes whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Red mages are fantasies for me. They only appear when they are a reality for everyone.

At least you have Arvis, now.

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's a fair reason. I'm a decent Nintendo fan, so I have a good number of their consoles and handhelds, though I don't play many first-party Nintendo franchises anymore, so Fire Emblem is the main thing I use them for. Luckily, Tailtiu did drop to 4-star, so there's a better chance of getting her now. She'll be more expensive that way, but at least it'll be easier to wait for a good boon/bane. Mine at least has neutral Atk and Spd, but if I ever get her at 4-star with +Atk or +Spd, or anything with -Def, then I'll probably promote her and merge. I'm hoping to have enough spare money to buy Radiant Dawn this winter, so I can finally decide how I feel about its cast. Plus it's the only FE game that hasn't been remade that I haven't played, so there's the completion factor as well.

Yeah, agreed on Clarine. She's okay, but far from one of my favorites. I'm planning to just give my +Atk Maria Speed +3, at least until I possibly get her with +Spd. But I'm planning to eventually give her Wrathful Staff as well, so I need both her Atk and Spd to be good regardless. I get surprisingly few Serras, but the only ones that ever have okay natures are 3-stars, and I just don't find the 2,000 feather cost worth it to promote a healer that I likely won't use much. The character that I want to make into an offensive healer is Lachesis, because it only makes sense, but her stats aren't exactly great. Which means that Maria has been chosen instead, for a mix of being a character I like and having actually good stats. A potential horse healer that I actually would like to use would be Nanna from FE4/FE5, but it's anyone's guess if/when we're getting new FE10 or FE5 characters first at this point. And if anyone that we want will be on them, considering the surprise choices for the past few banners.

Be careful out there searching for Radiant Dawn. I got it during a period where it was cheap, but both it and Path of Radiance are strange commodities in the gaming world today. Going for $70 and I've seen prices as high as $130. Don't understand why some Wii and Gamecube games are that expensive.

I'm likely going to give Serra the build you'll be giving Maria. I didn't play FE4 so I have no attachment to Lachesis, even if she seems pretty cool. She's incredibly underwhelming as a unit so thats disappointing.  FE5 and FE10 are the frontrunners for a new banner since there's little to no representation for those games right now. Otherwise we got more PoR characters and sacred stones characters, before that new mystery characters so we may get another FE6 or FE7 banner and I'm all for that. Or... a FE4 Gen 2 banner which I'm not the least bit interested in. But it's a chance to save orbs.

@mcsilas A character being there for no other reason than to balance out others is understandable but not reason enough for me to not hate them. There are very few reasons for me to like a moe "DESU YO" type of character. One of them being a bubbly personality and a smile to cover up a sad fate or past (Tailtiu) or choosing to move forward happily regardless of it (Nino). Those characters I can respect and empathize with. The others are annoying for the pure sake of being annoying.

@Kaden It was eased as soon as I sent her home. 

Also red mages (other than Raigh, Sophia and a lone Tharja) didn't exist for me either until I built a Raven Sophia to take care of my troubles. Then Celica decided to show up, Arvis appeared and Lillina decided to break my summoning rate. Now I'm swimming in them. Go figure.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Be careful out there searching for Radiant Dawn. I got it during a period where it was cheap, but both it and Path of Radiance are strange commodities in the gaming world today. Going for $70 and I've seen prices as high as $130. Don't understand why some Wii and Gamecube games are that expensive.

I'm likely going to give Serra the build you'll be giving Maria. I didn't play FE4 so I have no attachment to Lachesis, even if she seems pretty cool. She's incredibly underwhelming as a unit so thats disappointing.  FE5 and FE10 are the frontrunners for a new banner since there's little to no representation for those games right now. Otherwise we got more PoR characters and sacred stones characters, before that new mystery characters so we may get another FE6 or FE7 banner and I'm all for that. Or... a FE4 Gen 2 banner which I'm not the least bit interested in. But it's a chance to save orbs.

Yeah, I learned that harsh truth when I bought PoR. One of the very few times I've been willing to buy a game for around $100. RD is at least cheaper now than it was when I last looked, but whether that will stay true during the holiday season... I have my doubts.

I just checked Serra's stats, and they're much closer to Maria's than I had realized. +Spd with Speed +3 gives the exact same offensive stats as +Atk or +Spd Maria with Speed +3 or Attack +3. Cool to know. Lachesis is one of my favorite FE4 characters, but her Heroes self is just... all wrong, really. Except her voice, her VA works fine for her from what I've heard. I don't even know what boon/bane I would want to hope for, or how to build off of it, with how balanced yet overall low most of her stats are. Part of me thinks that we'll get FE4 Gen 2 next since they were focusing so much on Gen 1 already, but FE5 and FE10 are easily the most in need of more units. Although FE6 has only had one unit added since launch, which is tied with RD for the least if all the Awakening and Fates seasonal units are included. I'd be happy with pretty much any of those four except RD, but that's just because I have yet to play it, and I enjoyed the casts of the other three quite a bit. And if we do get a RD banner, then I'll be in the same spot that you would be in with a FE4 banner, so at least one of us will be happy either way, I suppose.

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hinoka is an awful sister to anyone not named Corrin. As someone with a younger sibling, this pisses me off. As a writer, I will give Conquest's story and characters absolutely no passes whatsoever.

Well... She is the same person that decided to focus almost entirely in training for Corrin's well-being.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I learned that harsh truth when I bought PoR. One of the very few times I've been willing to buy a game for around $100. RD is at least cheaper now than it was when I last looked, but whether that will stay true during the holiday season... I have my doubts.

I just checked Serra's stats, and they're much closer to Maria's than I had realized. +Spd with Speed +3 gives the exact same offensive stats as +Atk or +Spd Maria with Speed +3 or Attack +3. Cool to know. Lachesis is one of my favorite FE4 characters, but her Heroes self is just... all wrong, really. Except her voice, her VA works fine for her from what I've heard. I don't even know what boon/bane I would want to hope for, or how to build off of it, with how balanced yet overall low most of her stats are. Part of me thinks that we'll get FE4 Gen 2 next since they were focusing so much on Gen 1 already, but FE5 and FE10 are easily the most in need of more units. Although FE6 has only had one unit added since launch, which is tied with RD for the least if all the Awakening and Fates seasonal units are included. I'd be happy with pretty much any of those four except RD, but that's just because I have yet to play it, and I enjoyed the casts of the other three quite a bit. And if we do get a RD banner, then I'll be in the same spot that you would be in with a FE4 banner, so at least one of us will be happy either way, I suppose.

Path of Radiance was $20 to $5 when I got it (Don't remember the price, but it was low like that). No understanding for why it's as high as it is now. It's literally $300 on Amazon. The same price as a current gen console. Unbelievable. Radiant Dawn is definitely cheaper, but still around $65-$70 and can hit the hundreds if you're trying to get it new. People are crazy.

I heard Lachesis is actually a sword unit so how they nerfed her sucks. Same for Lucius being a healer instead of a blue mage (Light Magic?... he used that BEFORE he could use staves though?). FE4 Gen 2 seems the most likely continuing with the theme. But otherwise FE5 is a good possibility and... eh... I may pull for Leif. FE10 seems the least likely, I would be surprised if we got that instead of a 4-5 banner. A 6-7 banner is just likely otherwise since we've already revisited 1,2,3,8 and 9.

Kind of want an FE4 Gen 2 banner just to save orbs more though. Pull one focus unit, stash it for the Tempest you know it going to follow the banner and save orbs for units I actually want. Because if the next banner is FE4 Gen 2, the one after is probably 5 or 10.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Path of Radiance was $20 to $5 when I got it (Don't remember the price, but it was low like that). No understanding for why it's as high as it is now. It's literally $300 on Amazon. The same price as a current gen console. Unbelievable. Radiant Dawn is definitely cheaper, but still around $65-$70 and can hit the hundreds if you're trying to get it new. People are crazy.

Path of Radiance is so expensive because it never really got a big release, and never was re-released, so the amount of games is simply to small to meet demand.

Oh yeah, kept thinking about this, but I never posted it. The introduction of Urvan kind of throws a wrench into the works if Greil becomes playable.

If Urvan stays the same, then Greil would have a very good weapon at the cost of possibly becoming a discount BH Ike where he'd lack Beorc's Blessing and have lower BST for increased bulk or whatever along with lower arena scoring. If Urvan doesn't stay the same or Greil doesn't have it for whatever reason, then he could end up being screwed out of a good weapon. For example, if Greil's Urvan only had +3 Res like in PoR and RD.

Thing is that Greil's unused base stats kind of look like BH Ike's stat spread. 46 HP, 24 Str, 20 Spd, 24 Def, and 18 Res with average growths outside of skill being high and magic and resistance being low which makes sense since he's a hero. High attack, defense, and HP, okay speed, and all right resistance for a physical unit. Anyway, it doesn't seem to look so great for Greil.