Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Why did they do this? This is insane! And why did they do it to Arya? I can understand Sigurd, but not her!

Sigurd and Ayra placed first and second, respectively, among Judgral character in CYL, both breaking top 100 (along with Arden).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ayra's stat boost is slightly different. Ike and Lyn have +10 growths. Ayra has +1 base stat on top of +10 growths.

"Magic is everything!" only exists in the English localization.

In Japanese, the line is "魔道のすべてを", which translates as "[I call upon] all that is magecraft [to beat the shit out of you]".

Wow, that is the most bullshit thing I will ever read as long as I am a member of this forum.

...the Ayra thing, I can completely believe the Rein thing.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, @Ice Dragon is that saying why I don't fear Rien because I have a TA Julia?

Might be. Only reason I still hate fighting him as much as I do is because of all the Greens I have, only two of them (Fae and Julia) can competently stand to him, and both of them are far from complete and are backburnered by low-res Freddy.

...maybe I should consider building up my PAzura to counter Rein...

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, the line is "魔道のすべてを", which translates as "[I call upon] all that is magecraft [to beat the shit out of you]".

That's way cooler than what we got in English! I like the English voices overall, but now I'm jealous that we didn't get something closer to this.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Why did they do this? This is insane! And why did they do it to Arya? I can understand Sigurd, but not her!

The general assumption that I've seen is that, since she was one of the two most popular FE4 characters according to the CYL poll, she was given her own special bonus. I think Sigurd was the other of the top two FE4 characters (though I don't remember if he or Ayra was first or second), and Arden was extremely high as well (third or fourth if I remember right), so the theory has some decent basis.

Edit: Also, I know you tagged Ice Dragon in your edit, but I can confirm that's true, because TA3 Cecilia and just base Julia have made me much less scared of Reinhardt.

Edited by DefaultBeep

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

“I am innocent to a witch. I know not what a witch is...”

— Martha Corey, The Crucible

Reveal hidden contents

48uJ5oW.png

@mampfoid @Arcanite @Rezzy 

@GuiltyLove @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

85/45 offenses on a flier is otherworldy. I’m using Tana as her support partner to lure greens for Nowi to nuke.

But that 46 physical bulk. So many things can just oneshot her if you’re not careful.

I don’t have a special on her yet, but I’ll most likely promote an Odin or Palla for Moonbow.

How are you liking her compared to her default tome and teleport shenanigans?

I'm not sure if I care about her teleporting enough or not to go with Blade/LnD on my +def -res one. She feels somewhat weak as-is, without help for her spd. 

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Wow, that is the most bullshit thing I will ever read as long as I am a member of this forum.

Not sure if you're meaning that Ayra's stat boost is bullshit or that I'm bullshitting.

If the former, Halloween Henry and Halloween Jakob have the exact same stat boost.

If the latter, take a look at Ayra's level 1 stats and compare them to any other non-trainee melee infantry. She has 1 extra point.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's way cooler than what we got in English! I like the English voices overall, but now I'm jealous that we didn't get something closer to this.

A lot of the cool things about the Japanese voice lines come from the fact that Japanese allows you to drop parts of the sentence that can be inferred from the context (which I indicated with the square brackets).

The literal translation is just "all that is magecraft" (easy to mistranslate as "magic is everything"), but it's grammatically marked as a direct object, which implies the "I call upon", and the context of beating the shit out of the opponent implies the rest.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not sure if you're meaning that Ayra's stat boost is bullshit or that I'm bullshitting.

If the former, Halloween Henry and Halloween Jakob have the exact same stat boost.

If the latter, take a look at Ayra's level 1 stats and compare them to any other non-trainee melee infantry. She has 1 extra point.

Neither (though I didn't notice Halloween Henry and Jakob had the boost at all, I just thought those were Ranged Armor BST, though I did check her stat totals and yep they are higher than Brave Ike).

It just is bullshit. 

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A lot of the cool things about the Japanese voice lines come from the fact that Japanese allows you to drop parts of the sentence that can be inferred from the context (which I indicated with the square brackets).

The literal translation is just "all that is magecraft" (easy to mistranslate as "magic is everything"), but it's grammatically marked as a direct object, which implies the "I call upon", and the context of beating the shit out of the opponent implies the rest.

I almost don't want to know any of the other Japanese lines now, in case I get more jealous, haha. I can see where they got the English line from the original, but... I'm still sad about it, now that I know how the original was meant to be understood.

Out of curiosity, what do the CYL characters have for their extra quote in Japanese? I assume they have them in Japanese too, anyway.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The word "it" needs an antecedent, though, so unless it's a third option, you cannot be referring to "neither".

I suppose it'll be better to just say "I strongly hate this statement for no other reason than because I hate the statement, and has no factual background", and instead of stating that I said "bullshit".

Maybe it should be some other form of shit to match the statement I actually meant... birdshit perhaps?

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Out of curiosity, what do the CYL characters have for their extra quote in Japanese? I assume they have them in Japanese too, anyway.

They don't actually have the extra quotes in Japanese.

@Poimagic: Her name is Ayra, not Arya. I am so petty that I downvote every comment on the subreddit which misspells the name. So petty.

@Xenomata: Reinhardt is not an asshole.

@Anacybele: Death Blow 3, hell yeah!

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Rezzy Sorry to tag you again so soon, but I have to show my Freddy one more time right now. Notice anything different from before? ;3 I'd like @Arcanite to check this out too!

WP8mu1I.png

Reveal hidden contents

Hint: I finally pulled a god damn Klein. :P

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:thinking:

Well

it kinda looks like

YOU FINALLY GOT DEATH BLOW 3? XD

Congratulations~ Happy that you were able to get Freddy to maximum potential! 

Also that Defense is absurd

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Xenomata: Reinhardt is not an asshole.

Tell that to the person who still can't counter Rein properly because his counters are inferior to low-res Freddy.

Oh wait, you already did.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Rezzy Sorry to tag you again so soon, but I have to show my Freddy one more time right now. Notice anything different from before? ;3 I'd like @Arcanite to check this out too!

WP8mu1I.png

Reveal hidden contents

Hm...

Needs more pebbles.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:thinking:

Well

it kinda looks like

YOU FINALLY GOT DEATH BLOW 3? XD

Congratulations~ Happy that you were able to get Freddy to maximum potential! 

Also that Defense is absurd

YEP! Death Blow 3 at last!

And that kind of def is what happens when Freddy is +Def, has an S support with the summoner, a merge or two, and the Def+3 seal. ^^

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Hm...

Needs more pebbles.

What's that supposed to mean? lol Freddy never fails to pick up pebbles!

Quite curious as to why Ayra is running Spd seal rather than Phantom Spd? I maxed Phantom Spd for her .__. Am I doing it right?

Also RAEG. Just spent aaaalll the afternoon up until night to gather all of november's orbs in search of Karel and FUCK, I got 3 Chroms what the heck. And my Chrom is currently +4 (4☆). Good thing I got a lot of Hinatas and gave Fury to Camus, Tharja and Ryoma.

Also +Res Jakob is doing extremely well on my armor team with that 35 res, specially because I no longer am afraid of tome users or manaketes because Jakob tanks them reliably. Gave him Close Counter, Bowbreaker (for Lyn) and Hone Armor. Just need Swap and he'll be complete.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What's that supposed to mean? lol Freddy never fails to pick up pebbles!

Clearly it is not enough! My Frederick has picked up so many pebbles, many have quantum leaped into the world of Warriors and are returning to my possession via material drops!

...no I didn't just take this opportunity to complain about how many Fredericks Pebbles I have in Warriors, though I believe that you believe that.

Quite curious as to why Ayra is running Spd seal rather than Phantom Spd? I maxed Phantom Spd for her .__. Am I doing it right?

Also RAEG. Just spent aaaalll the afternoon up until night to gather all of november's orbs in search of Karel and FUCK, I got 3 Chroms what the heck. And my Chrom is currently +4 (4☆). Good thing I got a lot of Hinatas and gave Fury to Camus, Tharja and Ryoma.

Also +Res Jakob is doing extremely well on my armor team with that 35 res, specially because I no longer am afraid of tome users or manaketes because Jakob tanks them reliably. Gave him Close Counter, Bowbreaker (for Lyn) and Hone Armor. Just need Swap and he'll be complete.

Least you've been getting someone who can be a good unit... spent all day grinding for all the orbs I can, only to do 3 pulls from Halloween, and the first one doesn't even have any Red orbs.

And get another freaking 3* Lon'qu and another freaking Cain.

Edited by Xenomata

Just now, Xenomata said:

Clearly it is not enough! My Frederick has picked up so many pebbles, many have quantum leaped into the world of Warriors and are returning to my possession via material drops!

...no I didn't just take this opportunity to complain about how many Fredericks Pebbles I have in Warriors, though I believe that you believe that.

lol, I see then. :P

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They don't actually have the extra quotes in Japanese.

Oh wow, that's surprising. I know that Roy's and Ike's especially are pretty specific to the English memes fanbase, but I figured they had some equivalent in Japanese. Interesting.

10 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

She has better results with Spd+ than Phantom Spd.

Think of it this way: she wants to double people, which requires 5+ more Spd than the enemy. Ayra’s Blade works if she has 1+ more Spd than the enemy. Regular Spd is basically “double-dipping“, and helps her a lot more than Phantom Spd, which only affects her Weapon skill; that +1 charge rate doesn’t mean anything if she can’t actually double.

Edited by LordFrigid

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She has good stats and unique skills with good synergy.

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That’s all there really is to it, though. You say “extra base stats on top of strong synergestic skills”, and I say “red infantry sword”.

That pool of units is just so underwhelming that one could argue that without those extra perks, Ayra wouldn’t really be worth a slot on a team. Ayra’s Mov alone keeps her from being prevalent on arena defense, so she is far away from what other people might describe as “oppressive” or even “powercreep” as many people have misused the term on this subforum alone.

Because of that, I’m mostly fine with Ayra as a unit, unrelated to how she was added to the game. For arena offense, it’s better to give stronger options to underused movement types like infantry and armor so as to not be obsolete altogether.

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Might be. Only reason I still hate fighting him as much as I do is because of all the Greens I have, only two of them (Fae and Julia) can competently stand to him, and both of them are far from complete and are backburnered by low-res Freddy.

This is why I maxed my Magic Deflect right away. Almost any green can counter Reinhardt +10 which offers a bigger pool of checks to work with other than my TA Fae.

20 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

How are you liking her compared to her default tome and teleport shenanigans?

I'm not sure if I care about her teleporting enough or not to go with Blade/LnD on my +def -res one. She feels somewhat weak as-is, without help for her spd. 

85 Atk, or moving an extra space. 85 Atk...or moving an extra space.

In a twist of hypocrisy, I’m going with the inflated Atk and Spd boosts. Grimoire’s Formation adds movement options which is pretty nice, but I made a Blade build since I didn’t have a mage flier before Nowi, and I felt that flight and Reposition alone give fliers good enough movement as it is.

It’s worth keeping in mind that Grimoire has a scoring advantage over Rawrblade, though.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

But Nowi is a dragon, and giving her Rawrblade feels only suitable.

@Xenomata: Cecilia though.

Rawr intensifies

Seconding Cecilia. Why use melee when you can nuke stuff at range?

Blade Cecilia is where it’s at, not...whatever it is that Fred-bear does.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

WP8mu1I.png

Hide contents

Congrats on the deathblow.  My latest foray into Colorless Hell didn't net me anymore Kleins, sadly.  I've got quite a few who need DB3.  I wonder if the next Banner will have any Grays.  I'm holding off on any more summoning for now.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Congrats on the deathblow.  My latest foray into Colorless Hell didn't net me anymore Kleins, sadly.  I've got quite a few who need DB3.  I wonder if the next Banner will have any Grays.  I'm holding off on any more summoning for now.

Meanwhile, I got a 5 star +Atk, -Def Kagero and a second Kitty Sakura that's better than my first one on top of this Klein. :P Talk about some luck!