Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

So the Orb purchase screen now has a disclaimer that states that the extra orbs in each pack count as unpaid orbs (at least, I think that's new with this update), and that you can check how many paid and unpaid orbs you have on the balance screen (which I'm not sure where this is, and inventory doesn't seem to have the info).

Incoming paid orb only gachas?  If they do that, I hope its similar to FGO paid gachas, which guarantee a 5*.

Nah, that notice has always been there. It hasn't meant anything like that yet, although that doesn't necessarily mean that it couldn't happen eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arena medals are really easy to farm. You get some after every successful arena match, so spamming arena crests will get you more than you need. Divine dew obtained after using the refinery is equal to the number of refining stones used, so no one can upgrade a legendary weapon yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh god. Refined breath weapons are absurd. Assuming my translation is correct, all breath weapons get the effect "if the opponent attacks with 2 range, use the lower of their Def and Res when dealing damage". Light Breath+ gets the additional effect "after combat, self and allies within 2 squares get +5 Atk/Spd/Def/Res for 1 turn" and doesn't require you to initiate combat.

EDIT: It wasn't announced in the Feh Channel (and was probably a mistake), but Litrowl+ can be refined.

EDIT2: Deathly Dagger's unique effect is "if the opponent is a tome user, the opponent cannot counterattack" along with upgrading Poison Strike 2 up to Poison Strike 3 and giving a 2-square radius on top (i.e. Savage Blow 4). Also 14 Mt.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So when I try to log in it tells me to update the game via the GPS. But the GPS page doesn't have an update button, only an "open" one. And clicking on the "open" button just opens the 1.8.0 version without updating while, once again, bringing up the prompt to go to the same GPS page (that doesn't have an update button). And when I try to go to the page from where I can download updates "manually" it says that there are no updates available. Not even when I refresh said page. Anyone else having this sort of issue? And is there a chance of it getting fixed in some shape or form?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh god. Refined breath weapons are absurd. Assuming my translation is correct, all breath weapons get the effect "if the opponent attacks with 2 range, use the lower of their Def and Res when dealing damage". Light Breath+ gets the additional effect "after combat, self and allies within 2 squares get +5 Atk/Spd/Def/Res for 1 turn" and doesn't require you to initiate combat.

As for Dark Breath+, refining it upgrades its debuff to Atk/Spd-7 and it also affects the target in addition to any enemy within two spaces of the user. Like refined Light Breath+, refined Dark Breath+ also doesn’t require the user to initiate combat in order for the effect to activate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh god. I just realized the general breath buff doesn't require your opponent to initiate combat.

And that also means that Awakening Tiki demolishes Julia and Dierdre on the counterattack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to upgrade so many weapons. I guess Arena Medals and Refining Stones will have different days in the Arena. They seem like they'll be fairly common. But the Divine Dew confuses me. The wiki says it's created when you use refining stones? So does that mean you have to upgrade a lot of other weapons before you get any dew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Presumably, yes.

Well that kind of sucks... I may try to upgrade something tonight and see how much I get. I need 150 for Dark Excalibur... But it seems like they're pretty generous with medals at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well that kind of sucks... I may try to upgrade something tonight and see how much I get. I need 150 for Dark Excalibur... But it seems like they're pretty generous with medals at least.

I got 50 from upgrading Gravity to its Wrathful incarnation.

And here I was thinking I’d make a weapon for an Arena team member my first upgrade. Character favoritism truly ruins my best laid plans lol.

Spoiler

ynC3n6e.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I got 50 from upgrading Gravity to its Wrathful incarnation.

And here I was thinking I’d make a weapon for an Arena team member my first upgrade. Character favoritism truly ruins my best laid plans lol.

  Reveal hidden contents

ynC3n6e.jpg

 

That seems pretty fair. That just means I'll need to upgrade about 3 characters... I just dunno' who. I'm thinking I may just go with some faves too. Lucius looks fabulous with his upgrades, but I'm sure he'd love some more. 

Elise is probably a solid horse mage healer. It's really cool that Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff are more accessible now. It's also a little scary that you can run both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff. I'm PSYCHED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I got 50 from upgrading Gravity to its Wrathful incarnation.

Question: If you already make an upgrade, can you change the upgrade at all? And if you can, do you have to pay the cost again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh god. Refined breath weapons are absurd. Assuming my translation is correct, all breath weapons get the effect "if the opponent attacks with 2 range, use the lower of their Def and Res when dealing damage". Light Breath+ gets the additional effect "after combat, self and allies within 2 squares get +5 Atk/Spd/Def/Res for 1 turn" and doesn't require you to initiate combat.

EDIT: It wasn't announced in the Feh Channel (and was probably a mistake), but Litrowl+ can be refined.

EDIT2: Deathly Dagger's unique effect is "if the opponent is a tome user, the opponent cannot counterattack" along with upgrading Poison Strike 2 up to Poison Strike 3 and giving a 2-square radius on top (i.e. Savage Blow 4). Also 14 Mt.

Do you know if dark breath has the All Stat smoke effect?

Edit: Lul, found the answer like 3 posts below yours.

Edited by DehNutCase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Do you know if dark breath has the All Stat smoke effect?

No, it applies -7 Atk/Spd to both the opponent and enemies within 2 squares of the opponent regardless of who initiates combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That seems pretty fair. That just means I'll need to upgrade about 3 characters... I just dunno' who. I'm thinking I may just go with some faves too. Lucius looks fabulous with his upgrades, but I'm sure he'd love some more. 

Elise is probably a solid horse mage healer. It's really cool that Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff are more accessible now. It's also a little scary that you can run both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff. I'm PSYCHED.

Yeah, I was really surprised that they made Wrathful & Dazzling the refinement options. I thought they’d just give inherent Wrathful to, like, Pain+ or something.

Speaking of...maybe some day I’ll promote an Azama for her and bump up that Savage Blow seal for all the +24 area damage memes =P .

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Question: If you already make an upgrade, can you change the upgrade at all? And if you can, do you have to pay the cost again?

It seems that each refinement is treated as a separate skill that can be switched around in the Equip Skills menu (Gravity+ and “Wrathful Gravity+“ are both showing when I go there). The Dazzling refinement for Gravity is still an option when I go to the refinement menu (for the normal SP, Medal, and Refining Stone cost), so my best guess is that if I had the resources and were so inclined, I could just have her learn them all and swap around as I pleased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else pointed out how spiffy the new backgrounds are for the Training Tower, Arena, and Voting Gauntlet?

 

13 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It seems that each refinement is treated as a separate skill that can be switched around in the Equip Skills menu (Gravity+ and “Wrathful Gravity+“ are both showing when I go there). The Dazzling refinement for Gravity is still an option when I go to the refinement menu (for the normal SP, Medal, and Refining Stone cost), so my best guess is that if I had the resources and were so inclined, I could just have her learn them all and swap around as I pleased.

Nice. That's really good to know. Time to start planning my evil schemes... and realizing my Elise only has 1,854 SP left.

 

I also just realized that refined normal weapons have a 50 higher SP cost (350 SP), which means they'll help out with Arena scoring (and make Amelia's score overflow even faster).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so out of the child units they could have picked, they seriously picked Tharja again? Yaaaaay -.- 

Oh well. We got Shiro and Siegbert, who are both characters I like and will go for :) Not that keen on either Siegbert or Soliel's art, though, so looks like my favourite character of the new lot will be Shiro. Planning to save to pull for him ^.^ But I'll try get Siegbert, too.

Aaaaand Loki really does feel like Camilla 2.0. Everything she says or does just makes me think of her :/ Not really that impressed there. 

 

I've completed the story mode up until now, so I wanted to be up to speed. Disappointed none of the child units even got a line in the story (here's hoping they get a paralogue or new story chapter when they come out but I won't count on it). Interested to see where the story goes next - and even more interested to see where Bruno has put himself and whether Xander will be completely forgotten again in Book 2 like he was for most of the latter half of Book 1. I hope not, since I quite liked the moment between him and Seth, but oh well ^.^

And yay for weapon refinery. I have lots of duelling crests saved up, so I should be able to quite happily farm if it's the arena they come from :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I also just realized that refined normal weapons have a 50 higher SP cost (350 SP), which means they'll help out with Arena scoring (and make Amelia's score overflow even faster).

Is there any particular reason that Amelia's the main problem? Hector with his Prf should be comparable. (Or did people simply dislike stuffing 240 SP skills on him?)

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nice. That's really good to know. Time to start planning my evil schemes... and realizing my Elise only has 1,854 SP left.

Hope you enjoy swapping skills out. Honestly, SP isn't an issue, it's an upfront cost you pay that every unit you care about probably doesn't even notice. Skill-swapping? That stuff is cancerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Is there any particular reason that Amelia's the main problem? Hector with his Prf should be comparable. (Or did people simply dislike stuffing 240 SP skills on him?)

I have no idea. I don't have a +10 Hector (all copies of Hector exist to give Distant Counter), so I can't check.

I believe +Spd Gwendolyn and +Spd Sheena (who both have a stat total of 170) should technically also have the same problem, but again, I can't check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else pointed out how spiffy the new backgrounds are for the Training Tower, Arena, and Voting Gauntlet?

Oooh, just seen the one for the arena :D 

I think someone did mention it earlier on, but I like the little refinements like this so will take the time to agree :D Totally spiffy ^.^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cute Chao Wow I saw that, too! Also the VG one looks really spiffy with the flags!

Also so glad mah boi Shiro is here, now I need some orbs. I should have looked if he was confirmed (didn't expect him to show up in Story mode before their banner) before I went out on the 8% banner.

Shame no Forrest or Kiragi though.

Well at least Rhajat has a visually more interesting costume than Tharja, I'll give her that. The tribal look is more interesting, and Gronnwolf kind of fits with the whole Tribe aesthetic (at least she's green, so shoutout to Hayato's Wind Tribe roots). I guess they wanted girls and according to CYL they did pretty well, although no Ophelia is strange. That said, Soleil and Rhajat means all the girls who also adore girls are in the game now, so there's that.

Shame it's only one banner, but I hoped they went for 1 for Hoshido and 1 for Nohr. Oh and the Nohrian kids are very bright pink XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao Wow I saw that, too! Also the VG one looks really spiffy with the flags!

Also so glad mah boi Shiro is here, now I need some orbs. I should have looked if he was confirmed (didn't expect him to show up in Story mode before their banner) before I went out on the 8% banner.

Shame no Forrest or Kiragi though.

Well at least Rhajat has a visually more interesting costume than Tharja, I'll give her that. The tribal look is more interesting, and Gronnwolf kind of fits with the whole Tribe aesthetic (at least she's green, so shoutout to Hayato's Wind Tribe roots). I guess they wanted girls and according to CYL they did pretty well, although no Ophelia is strange. That said, Soleil and Rhajat means all the girls who also adore girls are in the game now, so there's that.

Shame it's only one banner, but I hoped they went for 1 for Hoshido and 1 for Nohr. Oh and the Nohrian kids are very bright pink XD

Yup, I will agree there. Her little sprite does look better - I do like the little outfit. Just a shame they wasted a new character slot on a clone of a character I don't like -.- (But yay for Tharja/Rhajat fans, I suppose. Pluses and minuses lol). 

Also, you seem to have forgotten Heather from RD. She's still not in the game, so still one to come ;) 

And yes, I noticed that. They look quite garish compared to Hoshido, which is odd since they're meant to be the darker side. I've never liked Soliel's default hair colour anyway, but since when was Siegbert so bright? Also, they seem to have gone for a sort of moe look with him >.<

Would've been nice to have a male weighted banner for once and just complete the royal set. Or, as some people had said, a banner for Nohr and Hoshido, though I guess they didn't want to overload people with the legendary banner, and Forrest is probably the most popular of the male children, I believe. I'd've personally loved to see Dwyer and Shigure, so I guess I can't complain too much about the clone side when technically the latter is already in the game in one form ^.^''

Good luck for getting Shiro :D I completed my free pull on the legendary banner and got 3* bow-breaker fodder, so I'm happy enough with that and now saving for the next banner along :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cute Chao said:

Also, you seem to have forgotten Heather from RD. She's still not in the game, so still one to come ;) 

Ah I haven't played RD but that's fair enough. I was mostly talking about the one in Fates anyway, so it's good to represent either way.

I do agree it's a bit much with Christmas Tharja looming over the horizon (omg Tharja Emblem tied with Xander Emblem). But at least it'll be out of the way.

At least there's equal representation for both genders again and we're back to 4 unit banners for now. Just have to take what we can I guess :)

Arggghhh I want Shiro so bad, but the I can feel the desire sensor looming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ah I haven't played RD but that's fair enough. I was mostly talking about the one in Fates anyway, so it's good to represent either way.

I do agree it's a bit much with Christmas Tharja looming over the horizon (omg Tharja Emblem tied with Xander Emblem). But at least it'll be out of the way.

At least there's equal representation for both genders again and we're back to 4 unit banners for now. Just have to take what we can I guess :)

Arggghhh I want Shiro so bad, but the I can feel the desire sensor looming!

We're yet to see the banner. One could be a TT reward... although since we've just had a TT, that's less likely, thankfully, so I hope it is a return to form for the normal banners. I'm sure my hatred at the three unit intros has been well noted on these forums xD 

He looks the best of them - artwise, at least :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...