Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

The new banner trailer is here, and well:

Spoiler

It has Myrrh, a flying dragon with hone dragons, the Rachel, who has res tactic and Ivaldi, and an alternate Erika who uses red tones on a horse. I can understand the first two, but not Erika.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

MYRRH

SHE IS HERE

AND OH SNAP EIRIKA

I DID NOT EXPECT THIS

...though, doesn't this sorta make CYL units not as unique? o.o At any rate, stuff like RD Ike or even dragon Roy look more possible now.

I'm not exactly complaining about more Eirika, but I'm just so confused. Also, releasing alternate forms of characters already on "new character banners" is going to make it even SLOWER for actual new characters to come out.

... Should I just not vote for Eirika in CYL2 poll since she got a variation?

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

an alternate Erika who uses red tones on a horse. I can understand the first two, but not Erika.

Is this how they improve her? Or is this how they fit popular characters already in the game into banners where characters not in the game at all are supposed to appear? So it wouldn't surprise me if, when we got the Bors and Barret Banner, a Lance Lilina got tossed in as well. Nobody would pull for Bors and negative nobody would pull for Barret, but 65% of fans will pull for a new Lilina. Clever-ish. 

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

At any rate, stuff like RD Ike or even dragon Roy look more possible now.

I'd accept only if they included a message saying "THIS CANONIZES NOTHING!" Lyn I swear is the better choice for Eliwoooooooooooooood! Or just give me a Mani Katti Roy too and I'd call it even.

Just now, Poimagic said:

Also, appearently if you check the news, Marisa is a free unit from the upcoming TT. Interesting.

So 4 girls!?! After our first male slanted banner, they castrate the next?

Just watched the trailer.

Myrhh: ok flying dragon, pretty good, her flame has a good effect and fury is auto awesome.

L'Arachel: Ivaldi, just as expected, has a semi swift sparrow effect when at full hp and res tactic.

Eirika: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. I mean, Eirika is ok but why the hell did the give her Gleipnir. Why didn't they just introduced Knoll? FUCK

Anyways, after the raeg I'll be throwing my orbs here because it seems the better investment. Legendary banners have been a no no to me.

Gleipnir Eirika is probably a reference to the glitch. This also means that the possibility of the Uber Spear in FEH isn’t as crazy as I thought. Also, we could get an Ephraim variant wielding Garm. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

The only possible excuse I can think of Eirika being a Mage Knight using dark magic is that she learned the ways of arcane magic through Lyon and he somehow passed Gleipnir tome to her right from Grado. I can't think of any more, to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Eirika: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. I mean, Eirika is ok but why the hell did the give her Gleipnir. Why didn't they just introduced Knoll? FUCK

Gleipnir? Really now. Gleipnir

I stand by my initial hypothesis, except altered somewhat. Nobody will pull for the scholastic forgettable that is Knoll, but dress him in skirt and call him Eirika and you will move Orbs. I guess this really delays Canas's eventual arrival too.

This is me in the gut reaction stage- don't pay it too much mind. A little bitter, but I'll get over it.

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Gleipnir Eirika is probably a reference to the glitch. This also means that the possibility of the Uber Spear in FEH isn’t as crazy as I thought.

Fair enough. But just who is getting the Nergal Blessed (Hexed?) Spear? Lyn? It wouldn't be Vaida, that I can tell you.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Welp, it's Leo's turn to get power-creeped just by virtue of second red tome cav finally being introduced. And by bloody Eirika of all people?!?!

Really, just the fact they're putting out an alternate Eirika on this banner when they're still plenty of other FE8 characters waiting for their turn is just freaking ridiculous and stupid. And this is coming from a guy who is only lukewarm on FE8. Ugh. I'm at least happy to see L'Arachel.

11 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Also, appearently if you check the news, Marisa is a free unit from the upcoming TT. Interesting.

Of course she is. The TT reward unit is required to be a sword unit at least 75% of the time.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What's wrong with Hero Ross?

A few extra points of speed in exchange for a complete and utter waste of his strength stat. Ross is a good unit so he's servicable no matter his class but Garcia is the unit to use if you want a Warrior or Hero and Gerik is a better Hero than the both of them. It's like making Marisa a Swordmaster instead of an Assassin. The higher strength cap means nothing if she's never actually going to reach it. That and she's giving up the insta-kill ability Assassin's get. Colm wants to be a Rogue and Assassin Joshua is a waste of his superior strength growth.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gleipnir? Really now. Gleipnir

I stand by my initial hypothesis, except altered somewhat. Nobody will pull for the scholastic forgettable that is Knoll, but dress him in skirt and call him Eirika and you will move Orbs. I guess this really delays Canas's eventual arrival too.

This is me in the gut reaction stage- don't pay it too much mind.

My delusional self believes that after Sacred Stones events, Eirika learns the ways of magic and manages to be adept at dark magic, and eventually master Gleipnir due to Lyon's teachings. In this setting, FE Switch comes to be a sequel of Sacred Stones with Mage Knight Eirika being the main lord in a gothic world, and Heroes is just hinting this up.

Spoiler

Lol

Just now, Quintessence said:

My delusional self believes that after Sacred Stones events, Eirika learns the ways of magic and manages to be adept at dark magic, and eventually master Gleipnir due to Lyon's teachings. In this setting, FE Switch comes to be a sequel of Sacred Stones with Mage Knight Eirika being the main lord in a gothic world, and Heroes is just hinting this up.

You forgot the part where she accidentally goes back in time during her experiments. Ending up in a savage world where monsters run free, she takes Ephraim's old advice and disguises herself as a man. With the help of four others, including L'Arachel who as her gal pal boldy went back in time following Eirika's mysterious disappearance. Together, they defeat the ultimate evil plaguing Magvel, and Eirika takes a new name befitting the leading savior of the world, Grado.

I already see @Ice Dragon salivating at his new Dragon loli.

Myrrh and L'Arachel were pretty much expected. ... however Cavalier Eirika with Gleipnir comes literally out of nowhere.
Even L'Arachel isn't what would one expect but Micaiah seems to have set the trend now for Light Mages.

Screw every prediction from now on. Every 3-man story banner will always have that one weird choice that nobody can predict.
Btw. RIP Duessel as I've wished for more green Axe cavaliers but IS just has to crush even that hope.

But for me this pretty much confirms that Marisa is the TT reward. Shrouded by the Storm seems like a reference to Joshua and guess who happens to come from his kingdom.

1 minute ago, Zeratul said:

I already see @Ice Dragon salivating at his new Dragon loli.

Myrrh and L'Arachel were pretty much expected. ... however Cavalier Eirika with Gleipnir comes literally out of nowhere.
Even L'Arachel isn't what would one expect but Micaiah seems to have set the trend now for Light Mages.

Screw every prediction from now on. Every 3-man story banner will always have that one weird choice that nobody can predict.
Btw. RIP Duessel as I've wished for more green Axe cavaliers but IS just has to crush even that hope.

But for me this pretty much confirms that Marisa is the TT reward. Shrouded by the Storm seems like a reference to Joshua and guess who happens to come from his kingdom.

L'Arachel makes sense as Valkyrie though, as she comes from Rausten, house of the sacred Ivaldi tome.

And yes Marisa is TT reward because it says she boosts your score on the upcoming TT.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

L'Arachel makes sense as Valkyrie though, as she comes from Rausten, house of the sacred Ivaldi tome.

She starts as a Troubadour and the other weapon of the Rausten twins just happens to be the Legendary Staff Latona.

Like Gleipnir I did not expect to see Ivaldi in the game at all but instead of Garm and Latona we got them.

E̶i̶r̶i̶k̶a̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶r̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶r̶k̶ ̶m̶a̶g̶i̶c̶ ̶g̶l̶i̶t̶c̶h̶

Myrrh and L’Archel are welcomed additions. I don’t mind the alt but why does Eirika have Gleipnir of all things?

Also an all female banner is bit disappointing. I was hoping for Ross or Cormag.

With Zelgius and now Eirika, I wonder if non-seasonal non-brave alts will be more common. I always thought the game needed more of those and I wouldn’t mind if it became a more regular thing.

1 minute ago, Zeratul said:

She starts as a Troubadour and the other weapon of the Rausten twins just happens to be the Legendary Staff Latona.

Like Gleipnir I did not expect to see Ivaldi in the game at all but instead of Garm and Latona we got them.

Well something we have for certain is how unpredictable they are, like how Lucius begins as a monk using light magic and ended up being a staff user in Heroes.

However, they seem to be focusing on the character's personality, because, for instance, Lucius's major trait is mending people's sufferings and grief, probably the reason why they made him a priest; while L'Arachel wants to dispel evil from the land, hence why she's a valkyrie.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fair enough. But just who is getting the Nergal Blessed (Hexed?) Spear? Lyn? It wouldn't be Vaida, that I can tell you.

Eliwood with better art by Sachiko Wada. 

18 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Marisa is already confirmed by the Japanese in-game bulletin.

Marissa is TT reward. Confirmed via Japanese notification board. Someone posted a link in the banner thread.

Edited by silveraura25