• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey guys, I know I'm super late but I'm starting a petition for the community to refer to Sword!Reinhardt as Zweinhardt. Any takers?

Reinhardt that sounds like a swine? Sure

18 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey guys, I know I'm super late but I'm starting a petition for the community to refer to Sword!Reinhardt as Zweinhardt. Any takers?

No. It’s stupid and it doesn’t make sense. And it’s stupid.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

It's a pun. In German. Puns get a x2 bonus in non-English languages.

I know German, and there is a special circle in hell reserved for those who makes puns.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I know German, and there is a special circle in hell reserved for those who makes puns.

You can´t handle Grima´s Truth?

@LordFrigid That's.. pretty ridiculous, even with Steady Stance and Wards and Fortifies and all that huh? Maybe my idea of a Juiced Astra wasn't so bad then. Boosting ATK power by 300% instead of 150% (since a 300% increase of say... 5 isn't all that much still), but then I would reduce the UBW cooldown to 3 and give Bakuya a Wo Dao+ effect because I'm evil.

What about Shirou though? You didn't have anything to say about the cockroach that's nearly impossible to kill.

@mampfoid Fire Emblem units have a surprising amount of potential in the Fate universe. However only a certain portion of the Fate characters would fit in FEH. Shirou and Archer who I've linked not so much (Shirou's wearing a T-Shirt and Jeans for one thing) but Saber on the other hand would fit nicely. Since FEH is about taking characters from other worlds though, we can make concessions.

@Oz ♠ And she's -ATK even. Beautiful. You really should check out some of my Matthew vids honestly if you want to be blown away yourself.

17 hours ago, XRay said:

That is actually the time to be experimental, collect data on the target market, and figure out what maximizes profits. Being "conservative" at that time frame is not really possible since they do not even know what maximizes profit yet and there is no benchmark to compare things to. Nintendo does not seem like they know what they are doing and are trying out different things (they partnered with Niantic and DeNA for experience/support; all their mobile products generate revenue differently), so I would say they were being quite progressive. Profit maximization does not happen until the company figures out what generates profit and what does not.

Rather than "conservative," I prefer adjectives like "proactive" or "adaptable." When I think of "conservative" businesses, I think of businesses that are slow to change and maybe even dying, the exact opposite of Heroes. The developers engage their customers frequently online, and they most likely pay close attention to the Feedback function in the game too. There is no better way to have customers say "Shut up and take my money!" than to ask them what they want and give it to them.

I would argue that going for more alternates is the exact opposite of being "conservative" because they have not released much alternates outside of Special Heroes Foci, and they are now gathering more data on alternates to have a better idea on how much they would sell if they were not seasonal.

I agree with your hypothesis that someone higher up is directing the development team more closely lately by giving them a direction to pursue (e.g.: releasing more alts than usual and selling Starter Support Packs), but I do not think it is to the point of where upper management calls the shots. The team got plenty of freedom to pursue ideas like Tap Battles and large 8x10 maps, which I doubt has a noticeable effect on revenue.

That is melee infantry BST right there (160=37+35+36+24+28). Ranged infantry BST would be around 150. However, I do not mind those stats though (Firesweep Dagger when?).

Personally, for now, I would replace Unlim. Blade Works with Luna/Moonbow and Mind's Eye with Desperation. Sustainability is too important for Player Phase units to give up in my opinion since that is their main advantage over Enemy Phase units. However, if they release Desperation as a Sacred Seal, then yeah, his vanilla set is pretty good and I would keep it.

In game development, rewards and such yeah I feel they are very progressive.  All the different modes, the pool rework, better rewards, new heroes are much more carefully designed than they were early in the game.  I am especially impressed with how much they pay attention to and how quickly they address feedback. It is like our voices actually matter a great deal, which is refreshing.  

I'm not sure going with more alternates is being the opposite of conservative, cause that seems to be the gacha status quo.  A lot of alts.  Even if it is a very different direction from what they did til Zelgius descended.  Speaking of data I wish we had access, like actual raw numbers per banner not the top selling game this day or week or whatever, to it.  I'd like to see if this strategy of alts is making them much more money.  I would assume it is considering every banner this year.  However perhaps it is only making a similar amount of money, and they are indeed testing the waters more with alts.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Oz ♠ And she's -ATK even. Beautiful. You really should check out some of my Matthew vids honestly if you want to be blown away yourself.

Yeah, that's the sweet irony...and it sure as hell doesn't end there. Part 2 will blow minds.

Didn't even know you had them, dude. I'm all for them, just link me to them.

47 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

In game development, rewards and such yeah I feel they are very progressive.  All the different modes, the pool rework, better rewards, new heroes are much more carefully designed than they were early in the game.  I am especially impressed with how much they pay attention to and how quickly they address feedback. It is like our voices actually matter a great deal, which is refreshing.  

I'm not sure going with more alternates is being the opposite of conservative, cause that seems to be the gacha status quo.  A lot of alts.  Even if it is a very different direction from what they did til Zelgius descended.  Speaking of data I wish we had access, like actual raw numbers per banner not the top selling game this day or week or whatever, to it.  I'd like to see if this strategy of alts is making them much more money.  I would assume it is considering every banner this year.  However perhaps it is only making a similar amount of money, and they are indeed testing the waters more with alts.

Bear in mind that there's a time lag, because banners get decided long before release. They spent the entire second half of 2017 with pretty much an even split of alt banners and all-new banners, then finally responded to the "too many alt banners" feedback at the beginning of 2018 by pulling back by adding alts to regular banners. That's about a 6 month response time, like with CYL. So I think any changes they make based on feedback from this will take a few more months to show up and will probably be around the time of CYL2.

Even though I just bought orbs this morning and used them when I tried to do so again this afternoon I got an error message that my purchase could not be completed. My iTunes account still has the correct balance so it’s not running the purchase through whenever I retry and it’s only loaded from a gift card not a credit card which I’ve done from the get-go.

I’ve tried restarting my phone, completely deleting the app and relinking my Nintendo account (not doing this step again, the wait time was murder), logging in and out repeatedly of iTunes to make sure the funds are there, and I don’t know what else to do. 

The iTunes Support website link that’s listed in the error box doesn’t have any pertinent info to my issues and after thoroughly checking around the main site I wasn’t able to find any answers either. 

Has anyone encountered this and gotten it fixed?

EDIT: Apologies, I was trying to post this to the question board, not the general discussion.

Edited by Liliesgrace

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@LordFrigid That's.. pretty ridiculous, even with Steady Stance and Wards and Fortifies and all that huh? Maybe my idea of a Juiced Astra wasn't so bad then. Boosting ATK power by 300% instead of 150% (since a 300% increase of say... 5 isn't all that much still), but then I would reduce the UBW cooldown to 3 and give Bakuya a Wo Dao+ effect because I'm evil.

What about Shirou though? You didn't have anything to say about the cockroach that's nearly impossible to kill.

I didn’t throw in buffs, actually. I just did vs. vanilla and vs. 2x Distant Def. Astra actually scales off of damage dealt, rather than the user’s Atk (so it would factor in enemy Def). I might have a look and see what 300%-Astra does later, when I’m at my laptop.

Admittedly, there was a movie playing in the background when I was writing my first response, and my attention got slowly sucked into it =P . So, on Shirou...It’s hard to say. Do you want him to be hard to KO on a Player or AI controlled team? He’s going to need more for the latter. 42 HP/24 Res is susceptible to well-buffed -blade mages and Reinhardt. It’s a little harder for melees, but any Brave or Firesweep user that can reach 58 Atk (after skills, seals, and buffs) can 2HKO him. Archer will OHKO him all the way back to F/GO.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I didn’t throw in buffs, actually. I just did vs. vanilla and vs. 2x Distant Def. Astra actually scales off of damage dealt, rather than the user’s Atk (so it would factor in enemy Def). I might have a look and see what 300%-Astra does later, when I’m at my laptop.

Admittedly, there was a movie playing in the background when I was writing my first response, and my attention got slowly sucked into it =P . So, on Shirou...It’s hard to say. Do you want him to be hard to KO on a Player or AI controlled team? He’s going to need more for the latter. 42 HP/24 Res is susceptible to well-buffed -blade mages and Reinhardt. It’s a little harder for melees, but any Brave or Firesweep user that can reach 58 Atk (after skills, seals, and buffs) can 2HKO him. Archer will OHKO him all the way back to F/GO.

His "Kanshou" has "Nothing Breath" built into it, if he gets hit and attacks on enemy phase he's getting +2 cooldown a pop, and he has what's essentially 3 cooldown Miracle. And with Close Counter, if he counters before the 2nd attack, he's proccing Avalon. He's succeptable to Brave weapons and Reinhardt, but if he himself equips QP, he procs Avalon on the 2nd hit no matter what, making him literally impossible to kill in a single round of combat unless you can quad him. And since Magecraft is essentially Renewal/Guard, you can't rely on specials to kill him either.

His offense his horrible, but as a pure wall it doesn't get much better. Nevermind the fact that Renewal is built into Magecraft which means he'll proc Avalon multiple times.

@Oz ♠ I'll link one to you here. Others I'll PM you. The premiere one is the Legendary Hero F!Grima map, but for consistency I'll link the very first one I did back in January.

Spoiler

My team is Matthew, Inigo, Ayra, Genny. They tackle typically hard maps in boss-like fashion and unconventional ways.

Edited by Zeo

40 minutes ago, Zeo said:

His "Kanshou" has "Nothing Breath" built into it, if he gets hit and attacks on enemy phase he's getting +2 cooldown a pop, and he has what's essentially 3 cooldown Miracle. And with Close Counter, if he counters before the 2nd attack, he's proccing Avalon. He's succeptable to Brave weapons and Reinhardt, but if he himself equips QP, he procs Avalon on the 2nd hit no matter what, making him literally impossible to kill in a single round of combat unless you can quad him. And since Magecraft is essentially Renewal/Guard, you can't rely on specials to kill him either.

His offense his horrible, but as a pure wall it doesn't get much better. Nevermind the fact that Renewal is built into Magecraft which means he'll proc Avalon multiple times.

@Oz ♠ I'll link one to you here. Others I'll PM you. The premiere one is the Legendary Hero F!Grima map, but for consistency I'll link the very first one I did back in January.

Hide contents

My team is Matthew, Inigo, Ayra, Genny. They tackle typically hard maps in boss-like fashion and unconventional ways.

I like cute sheep too.

@Vaximillian I get the feeling she might be the next GHB, after Saias. I can't really think of any greens besides Julia who has a major accomplishment as is written in the description of alt legendary heroes. Hector already has two armor axe versions of himself. I doubt there'll be a third. Takumi really doesn't have an accomplishment, but who knows. Of course there's Grima, the exception.

38 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@Vaximillian I get the feeling she might be the next GHB, after Saias. I can't really think of any greens besides Julia who has a major accomplishment as is written in the description of alt legendary heroes. Hector already has two armor axe versions of himself. I doubt there'll be a third. Takumi really doesn't have an accomplishment, but who knows. Of course there's Grima, the exception.

The next GHB will probably relate to the next New Heroes banner.

If Grima can make it in, I think Takumi is fair game. Or Camilla, for that matter, who was my guess before the new bow types were added.

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

The next GHB will probably relate to the next New Heroes banner.

If Grima can make it in, I think Takumi is fair game. Or Camilla, for that matter, who was my guess before the new bow types were added.

I think Grima might have been legendary hero because of Robin. But all I can do is speculate. Only time will give us answers

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Fire Emblem units have a surprising amount of potential in the Fate universe. However only a certain portion of the Fate characters would fit in FEH. Shirou and Archer who I've linked not so much (Shirou's wearing a T-Shirt and Jeans for one thing) but Saber on the other hand would fit nicely. Since FEH is about taking characters from other worlds though, we can make concessions.

Reminds me of my Awakening re-runs where each Robin was a servant. So I made a Saber Robin, Lancer Robin, etc. It was fun making builds for each class.

I think I made Archer the Assassin class, because it has both Sword and Bow. And of course he had Astra.

There would be so many Sabers and Riders in a FEH/Heroes mashup though. 

Also wooo- it feels good to finally reach the 100 orb threshold again. 

Apparently Gerome's birthday is the release date of Thracia 776. He wasn't on the banner with paladin Chrom and the Morgans, but that was the previous regular banner. Was Gerome the hero Thracia 776 needed, but didn't deserve? Also, I guess since the following legendary hero was GF!Robin, she'd be the villain of Thracia 776 considering Reinhardt showed up to usurp Leif and Finn's moment. :p