Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Apparently Gerome's birthday is the release date of Thracia 776. He wasn't on the banner with paladin Chrom and the Morgans, but that was the previous regular banner. Was Gerome the hero Thracia 776 needed, but didn't deserve? Also, I guess since the following legendary hero was GF!Robin, she'd be the villain of Thracia 776 considering Reinhardt showed up to usurp Leif and Finn's moment. :p

Nanna Nanna Nanna Nanna Nanna Batman!!!
Coincidence? I think not!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So, I've decided to give blessings based on affinities and birth months associated with affinities in FE7 since it makes it easier to decide which blessing someone should get for me as I don't really want to use the blessings for the same stupid reason I refuse to merge units. Had to do that with Legion since I wanted to do the earth blessing quests and apparently the dark affinity is something berserkers want and Legion is one of two, well, three berserkers in Heroes the others being Hawkeye and bride Charlotte who was drawn as a berserker for her Cipher cards and I think she's associated with that class while Arthur is associated with the hero class. Anyway, I associated darkness with earth and there was something about Fire Emblem's earth dragons being the main ones to be corrupted or maddened, so there's that.

I think I'm going to go with earth blessings with anima, dark, and earth affinities, fire blessings with fire and thunder affinities, water blessings with ice, light, and water affinities, and wind blessings with heaven and wind affinities. Anima, light, and heaven are a bit weird. Anima was replaced by earth in the Tellius games, but is supposed to be similar to the water affinity in Tellius games, light I guess I associate with healing and some stuff has had healing spells be water elemental, and heaven if you consider it a place in the skies would work with wind. I know Silith13 made a thread on this: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/82859-affinity-for-awakeningfates-characters/, but I didn't want to necro a thread which is apparently not that old.

Also, I love how Gunnthra ended up being a legendary heroine of wind and Matthew and Sothe conveniently have wind affinities. It's like you should totally pair one of these two up with a unit who makes great use of debuffs for her tome.

It's funny that my +spd Leif is the naturally fastest thing in my army. The +spd Brave Lyn I have only has 41 speed because of Mulagir. My neutral speed Nephenne has a speed refine on her slaying lance, so it's not actually that high. Go Leif.

What are everyone's thoughts on Leif's Heroes art? Do you guys think it is possible IS could have the same artist drawing Quan, considering both Sigurd and Seliph were drawn by the same artist?

Ideally, I would like to see Quan drawn by Sachiko Wada; at the same time, however, I wouldn't mind them using Leif's artist as it would make for better consistency and attention to detail. 

Heh, I give up on sniping Rein. Free summon was a beautiful +spd -hp Olwen, later on I got +res -hp Leif, did new round and got a pity breaker Eirika (Sacred Memories: +hp -res) and finally got a pity breaker Elincia +atk -hp, wow. I'll just hold on on orbs and save them for new heroes.

New set of GHB have been extremely underwhelming this time. Heroes with blessings trivialize this set of quests.

On the water side I bring Fjorm, Lyn (drive spd), Soren (unique Wind Brand and Drive Res) and Sothe. They wreck everything with drives and stat stealing tactics.

On the wind side I bring Gunnthrá, Possessed Celica/Cecilia (with either TA Raven build or SpdOwl CC build), L'Arachel and Micaiah.

On the earth side, I use Sigurd, Rein, Ike and Sanaki (unique refinement).

On the fire side I bring Myrhh, A!Tiki, F!Corrin, Shiro/Possessed Robin.

I found the past set more challenging tbh.

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

New set of GHB have been extremely underwhelming this time. Heroes with blessings trivialize this set of quests.

I found the past set more challenging tbh.

As if the standard Lunatic Legion/Valter/Camus/Berkut maps weren't irritating enough in their own way...

Look, I don't mind being given a challenge, but you'd have to be a masochist if you wished for the same requirements for the second set of GHBs. All these maps sans Zephiel's were made when the difficulty was amped noticeably. Heck, I think that's when Infernal mode was introduced. If they were follow up with the similar requirements of playing on Infernal with specific movement team, I'd rip out half of my hair. The idea of being forced to use armor on Valter's map is a nightmare just visioning it. 

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

As if the standard Lunatic Legion/Valter/Camus/Berkut maps weren't irritating enough in their own way...

Look, I don't mind being given a challenge, but you'd have to be a masochist if you wished for the same requirements for the second set of GHBs. All these maps sans Zephiel's were made when the difficulty was amped noticeably. Heck, I think that's when Infernal mode was introduced. If they were follow up with the similar requirements of playing on Infernal with specific movement team, I'd rip out half of my hair. The idea of being forced to use armor on Valter's map is a nightmare just visioning it. 

While this is true, I would say GHB movement quests would be manageable in a pair of months or more, a time where, most likely, we'll get more versatile units. We've received a lot of 1-2 ranged units that make stuff easier, heck I recall clearing Takumi's Infernal map with 3 knights and genny, and Takumi's map was Takumi's map. I think we just need armored healers and dancers and a flier healer.

Edited by Quintessence

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Heck, I think that's when Infernal mode was introduced. If they were follow up with the similar requirements of playing on Infernal with specific movement team, I'd rip out half of my hair. The idea of being forced to use armor on Valter's map is a nightmare just visioning it. 

Yeah, Legion's was the first to have Infernal and I agree. Not only would've Valter been nightmarish with the movement specific quests, but so would Anankumi and Lyon (though mostly Anankumi) if they were to get those when it comes time for them to get the GHB Elite treatment.

That somehow worked. I figured I could get by through the first Garden of Water maps with the same hodgepodge team of 5* Eirika (+Atk, -HP), 5* Fjorm (neutral), 5* Marisa, and 5* Valter, but the sixth map with Athena, Clarisse, Katarina, and Legion would be where I'd have to stop. Nope, apparently a combination of accidental AI manipulation let me finish it.

Eirika is running a unique refined Sieglinde, Rally Def/Res, Iceberg, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Hone Spd 3, and a Drive Def 2 seal, Fjorm has Reposition and a Spur Def 2 seal, Marisa has a speed refined Wo Dao+, Moonbow, L&D3, Renewal 3, and Distant Def 3, and Valter has Reposition, Vantage 3, Spur Spd 2, and an Iote's Shield seal.

Spoiler

Someone mentioned that Fjorm would be good for the map since she can deal with Katarina, possibly Clarisse depending on how much attack buffs she gets or defense debuffs Clarisse gets, and tank Athena for at least a round. Fjorm ended up being a buff and position bot for me. So, with a speed refined Wo Dao+, Moonbow, L&D3, a +3 speed buff, and being on a team with Fjorm giving her +3 Spd, Marisa can ORKO Legion provided she doesn't get caught in by Panic Ploy. The issue after that was to figure out how to get her out let her survive either Clarisse or Katarina. Same deal with Valter which is why he has Iote's Shield to deter Clarisse from attacking him after a mishap where he wouldn't survive getting doubled by her or Katarina. Somehow I was able to get it so that Clarisse attacked Marisa leaving her at 5 HP and Katarina attacking Valter and leaving him at 1 HP because of Cursed Lance. I thought the map was over after taking out Legion since the previous attempts didn't work out, but I guess I positioned Eirika and Fjorm in such a way that Clarisse and Katarina couldn't double team anyone. Nope, they lived, I think I had Marisa deal with Clarisse and Valter pierced the living hell out of Katarina with a Luna charged Cursed Lance after Fjorm moved because Fjorm things. That left Athena who I had Eirika abuse unique Sieglinde which allowed her to double Athena, she had exactly 51 speed required to double her, Eirika was 1 attack off leaving Athena alive with 1 HP, a fully charged Moonbow, and in Vantage range. I didn't check if Fjorm could survive, but it didn't matter when Valter was in Vantage range too.

Pretty hellish. I'm not looking forward to the other infernal maps. I might do the Garden of Wind maps probably after the wind blessing quests go live and whoever the legendary hero is assuming they are going to be a legendary hero of wind. The Garden of Fire maps are going to have to wait until promoted Ephraim shows up. Well, if he shows up. It'd make them easier and I'd only have to give out 3 blessings to start them rather than 4.

Edit: I was about to try Valter's map with a water team, but the reward is another Valter and I don't have any space, so that's not going to happen for a long time.

Edited by Kaden

I got really lucky and pulled all 4 Thracia units. Thankfully, 3/4 of them have really great natures, while the last one is still pretty okay. Although ... Reinhardt and Olwen, why couldn't you two have switched natures? (They're +spd -HP and +atk -spd, respectively.)

10 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Heyo I'm almost never here anymore but I finally decided to finish this

Screenshot_2018-04-15-01-04-17.png

Oh wait QR2 still rip

also

Hide contents

LAFAST

Screenshot_2018-04-15-00-55-32.png?width

Pretty amazing. You managed to do 2 completely different phase builds on this guy. Could you try also making a mixed phase one? I'm just curious as to what the result might be.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Pretty amazing. You managed to do 2 completely different phase builds on this guy. Could you try also making a mixed phase one? I'm just curious as to what the result might be.

I'll try finding another build. I literally just did the Lafast one right now because I decided I wasn't going to use this 4* Sothe anyways.

New Blessed Gardens map is here.

Wind Sanctuary was absolutely simple compared to Water Sanctuary. Having gotten the stones to refine defense onto Spring Xander's Slaying Lance+, I tested him out here. He handled Summer Robin and the thief easily, taking less damage than Titania would have despite her having Emerald and WTA. Robin and the thief were only charging and eating Bonfires (I didn't have the SP for Ignis yet). 

Edited by Chrom-ulent

The new map was pretty easy even with the stat inflation. Y!Tiki, Micaiah, Raven and PA!Olivia is quite a strong team and they synergize perfectly with each other, maybe that's why I have little issues doing any kind of Wind Blessing quests.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

For every new GHB, I’m going to hope it’s Ishtar.

Maybe when we get genealogy gen 2 banner.

Or it could be Julius.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Maybe when we get genealogy gen 2 banner.

Or it could be Julius.

Reinhardt won’t stop teasing me:
Screenshot_20180415-233633.png
Screenshot_20180415-233958.png

Also, someone seems to have tipped them off that Ishtar was never queen.

I will say that maybe Reinhardt (and new Olwen) mentioning Ishtar is a sign that she will be added in the near future. Didn't think that Saias would come so soon, but Reinhardt did refer to him several times. That also means we should expect Kempf, whom Olwen pointed a sword at, as well as Julius, who does not like Reinhardt at all

...That feeling when you come to the realization that that the new Reinhardt attacks consecutively if you give him Vantage...

Distant Counter Vantage Reinhardt... attacks twice before you can attack on both player AND ENEMY PHASE.

WHAT.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

...That feeling when you come to the realization that that the new Reinhardt attacks consecutively if you give him Vantage...

Distant Counter Vantage Reinhardt... attacks twice before you can attack on both player AND ENEMY PHASE.

WHAT.

A

N

N

O

Y

I

N

G

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

WHAT.

It's not that amazing in practice than I thought it'd be. Glass cannons and greens are a win for him, yeah. But you'd expect it to be super opressive, but he fails to kill red opponents with at least 70 physical bulk with DC vantage QR. He's going to get doubled as well as feeding his opponents special cooldown charges. But that's just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It's not that amazing in practice than I thought it'd be. Glass cannons and greens are a win for him, yeah. But you'd expect it to be super opressive, but he fails to kill red opponents with at least 70 physical bulk with DC vantage QR. He's going to get doubled as well as feeding his opponents special cooldown charges. But that's just my opinion.

That, or just send his "magic is everything" counterpart at him so as to cut out the middle man (Vantage) entirely.