Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

How can you guys function?? I have trouble getting down to 1000 when I need to make room...

I turn unnecessary fodder into 4*+10 Arena Assault units, although I still have not managed to get under 1,000. Around 1,060 is the lowest I have been able to manage. I usually hover around 1,090 something.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Come on, just throw a handful of orbs and add the bloody slots.

540/540 units is way too damn much. Most of them are sitting around doing fuck all.

26 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

How can you guys function?? I have trouble getting down to 1000 when I need to make room...

Who says I do? :p

I have to desperately scramble to boot people out every time free units are being given out and banners go live -- I want to get at least one freebie summon even if I don't intend to summon from the banner.

Quick edit: Also, I refuse to use merged units, so that adds to the problem. Why? I just don't want to. If blessings weren't required for certain quests, I wouldn't be using them either. And then there's the support system which doesn't exist in my game.

Edited by Kaden

28 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Just send home everything

Literally

Like im never ever going to use merric so why am I keeping him

or Soren

or Stahl (who even uses swap anymore)

etc.

I have fodder for dayz, 3 Odins, 2 ATikis and 2 Mrobins, 5 Shannas, 4 Subakis 

I think I have 5 Hinatas LOL

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s not like IS suddenly decided to never ever add a knight to the game ever again. Ever.

But I have decided im never going to build one ever

Spoiler

hectorsmart.png.3a5c7b362487745ad03f01c4bbef2a6d.png

Well I dont need to anyway

I was sitting at 500 slots for a while, but went up to 525 while getting Hinoka, and I'm willing to go up to 550 while going for Lyn.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

But I have decided im never going to build one ever

Well I dont need to anyway

Well, it’s a secret to nobody that you’re dumb, so it makes sense indeed.

20 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Just send home everything

Literally

Like im never ever going to use merric so why am I keeping him

or Soren

or Stahl (who even uses swap anymore)

etc.

I have fodder for dayz, 3 Odins, 2 ATikis and 2 Mrobins, 5 Shannas, 4 Subakis 

I think I have 5 Hinatas LOL

Maybe I am just paranoid about always having fodder on hand, but that... is not a lot of fodder. I got around two to three times (except around ten times for A!Tiki and M!Robin) of what you have on hand and I am already feeling stingy of using them as skill fodder.

Edited by XRay

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Well, it’s a secret to nobody that you’re dumb, so it makes sense indeed.

Reveal hidden contents

Hate you too vax <3

Seriously my armor team is good, I can actually make two separate armor teams if I wanted to...

Just now, XRay said:

Maybe I am just paranoid about always having fodder on hand, but that... is not a lot of fodder. I got around two to three times of what you have on hand and I am already feeling stingy of using them as skill fodder.

I give units skills in advance for when I want to train them
So my Kagero has Fury and desp even though shes 4 star
So as my Joshua who I never trained
Etc.

I hover around 1098/1100. At best, I've been able to get down to 1040/1100.

Most of my box is not extra skill fodder; it's extra 5-star characters. A bunch of those are because I'm indecisive on builds and therefore don't want to merge until I can do a proper merge chain for the extra SP. Several others are because I don't have a copy with a particularly impressive nature that I can use as a merge base, making me indifferent to building the character.

And the rest are because I have a +10 already and have like 10 additional copies that I don't want to get rid of.

I'm currently working on trying to get all of my free characters merged up, but once again, I'm being incredibly indecisive about builds.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm currently working on trying to get all of my free characters merged up, but once again, I'm being incredibly indecisive about builds.

Do you use any of the free units in Arena (neutral) or assault?

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you use any of the free units in arena or AA?

Edited by silveraura25

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Do you use any of the free units in Arena (neutral) or assault?

Not often because I simply haven't taken the time and effort to build any of them that aren't named Zephiel or Xander. Narcian was actually one of my on-call units for Arena Assault before I had enough units to make pre-made teams, but he's since fallen off.

Both of them see a lot of action in Rival Domains and Grand Conquest when their movement types have a bonus, and I use Zephiel as my preferred sword armor to clear movement type and weapon type quests (because his magic bulk isn't complete shit).

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Just how much fodder do you have? Have you considered doing something with your free units?

I try to keep at least 4-5 of all the common useful fodder. Stuff like Reposition and Renewal 3 never goes home. Aether and Galeforce too. I have like 20+ Cordelias. Partly because I want the option to +10 her someday. Free units take up a lot of space. Camus is +3 but all of the early GHB crap hasn't really been touched. Arden, BK, Joshua, and maybe some others have been 5*ed and merged. I refuse to use them for fodder. Ideally I would 5* and merge them all but that would require too many feathers.

I hold onto a lot of units for potential 5+10 projects. If I had an infinite amount of feathers, I could probably cut my barracks down by 450+.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I turn unnecessary fodder into 4*+10 Arena Assault units, although I still have not managed to get under 1,000. Around 1,060 is the lowest I have been able to manage. I usually hover around 1,090 something.

My only 4*+10s are Olivia (because I had over 30 at one point) and Hana (because Sothe got LnD3 at 4*).

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Who says I do? :p

I have to desperately scramble to boot people out every time free units are being given out and banners go live -- I want to get at least one freebie summon even if I don't intend to summon from the banner.

Quick edit: Also, I refuse to use merged units, so that adds to the problem. Why? I just don't want to. If blessings weren't required for certain quests, I wouldn't be using them either. And then there's the support system which doesn't exist in my game.

So you purposely limit and handicap yourself? I personally try to get the most out of my experience. To each his own.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

So you purposely limit and handicap yourself? I personally try to get the most out of my experience. To each his own.

Purposeful limits and handicaps aren't exactly new in the gaming world, let alone in FEH.

I personally go at my own pace in building my army, and that pace happens to be "free orbs most of the time, splurge every once in a while when I can afford to". And since my goal isn't to achieve consistent rank 20 in arena or anything, I feel like my pace works for me. In this kind of game, whatever works for you works, unless you share it to the internet, in which case expect at least three replies about why you are wrong.

Edited by Xenomata

I also don't spend feathers for merges as it requires too much investment of rare resources for a f2p player and I prioritize collecting.

I will merge duplicate 5*s I get from banners though and twice I have merged into better natures (for Reinhardt and Nino). My highest merges are Reinhardt, Olwen and Masked Marth, all three being +2 and I have 9 others at +1.

Another way I handicap myself purposely is by refusing to change a character's default weapon (or very personal skills like the Recover Ring). I want characters to keep this sort of individuality rather than just all feel like clones of each others. All other skills I do swap around though. I don't see how this would mean I'd not be getting most of the experience.

I see no value whatsoever in competing for Arena Score.

I also never used reclassing in any of the Fire Emblem games. I find it lame and nonsensical that everyone can be nearly everything.

Edited by Vince777

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

For me, merged units aren't worth it. I can't guarantee I'll be able to get 10 copies of a unit in a short time, especially 5*-only summons, and it's expensive if you need to use feathers to get them up to 5*. So, I'll just get annoyed looking at someone not be +10 merged and not having feathers to promote someone else. 4* +10 units are even worth less to me since if I'm using a 4* unit, then I'm probably never going to build them (properly). They're likely going to be relegated to being arena units -- don't ask why, but at some point I just started doing arena only with 4*, preferable bonus, units -- and the ones I end up showing as neutral, kept and leveled up as potential F2P back strategy units. For instance, I've had a neutral adult Tiki trained for a while now and she's apparently one of the next three free heroes. And with skill inheritance, I feel like I could have used them for someone else. This especially goes for units who have useful skills. For example, I probably could have had a +10 Sully by now, but that would have been 9 less Draw Backs, Swordbreaker 2/3s, and Spur Def 3s. Even for units with not as practical skills, I still keep them around in case I want to do something stupid like the all Brave weapons and Pass running cavalry defense team I've been wanting to do.

For the blessing system, I just don't like it. You need a corresponding legendary hero to get stat boosts and if you don't have them, then they're basically something you have to spend in order to access content and rewards. Case in point: my lack of a promoted Ephraim. I'd like it if I could only use three fire blessings instead of four and the +3 HP and +4 Def would be really nice for the Garden of Fire maps and when it's a fire season for the GHB quests. And then there's personal indecisiveness on who to give the things to which I did work out by just giving them according to a character's affinity, but that only works for characters who have affinities or birthdays that I could use FE7's birth months corresponding to affinities as reference.

Lastly, I just forget to use the support system. I know it's there, but I never bother to use it.

Edited by Kaden

I can't believe I'm only now noticing this, but why the hell does Poison Strike 3 have the same SP cost as, for instance, Quick Riposte 3 or any of the Armor Fighter skills?

Also Kinshi Hinoka's thighs seem a lot more covered up than her base form... curious...

Edited by Xenomata

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also Kinshi Hinoka's thighs seem a lot more covered up than her base form... curious...

Maybe all of those rashes and blisters are starting to bother her. As someone who rode horses for 5 years, any character that exposes their thighs while riding a mount amaze me. 

Speaking of barrack space, I got 240/300. I absolutely refuse to spend orbs on more space. I'm either sending home units for feathers or constantly building up new units. 

24 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

They are? It’s literally the same dress and the same boots. …Except the second pair of boots. Yo dawg.

43 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They are? It’s literally the same dress and the same boots. …Except the second pair of boots. Yo dawg.

In looking again, it's probably because the angle in which Hinoka is standing in her Normal artwork is more revealing compared to her Kinshi artwork, which overall is much more front-facing.