Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Allow me to join the Tiki club:

Spoiler

qY1O9DH.jpg

+atk/-spd. I can’t want to get all the skills to build her. Since the legendary banner is coming up, I might be able to give her warding Breath. I’ll use her a lot, considering she will be apart of my arena core

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I can't believe I'm only now noticing this, but why the hell does Poison Strike 3 have the same SP cost as, for instance, Quick Riposte 3 or any of the Armor Fighter skills?

Because mutton poison is the best skill in the game

Two things. When I saw LotW Lyn on the notice board, I was thinking of other characters who could have been the new legendary hero instead. To keep this short, I feel like alts can be a way for units who gain or can use multiple weapons to do so if perhaps only to cover things that are lacking. For example, we have a bunch of sword infantry in FE, but we also have a bunch of mercenaries who can become heroes and gain the ability to use axes or become bow knights and gain the ability to use bows. Well, that made me think of how Bartre, a warrior capable of using axes and bows, is possibly big enough of a meme that him showing up as a legendary hero and as an archer could have worked and met with a fair reception.

I figured they could just make up a bow for him if they didn't want to give him Rienfleche. Something like Karla's Bow, as unimaginative a name that is, and have it reference her Sacaen background, Bartre's ability to use bows as a warrior and in a way, Karla's inability to use bows in-game, and Bartre's relationship with her. He could have a line joking about her not being good at using bows because she was more focused on her swordsmanship than anything else and then totally drown us in tears by reminding us she's dead.

Second thing is that I was checking if there was anything else related to bows and Sacae and I found out that Laws of Sacae is a reference to a chapter in Binding Blade. Pretty neat.

LMAO. We get Hector, Ike and Xander as bosses in tap battle. And then comes Bartre. Are we due for a Bartre alt next banner?

EDIT: IS is trolling me with bosses you can OHKO

Edited by silveraura25

9 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I can't believe I'm only now noticing this, but why the hell does Poison Strike 3 have the same SP cost as, for instance, Quick Riposte 3 or any of the Armor Fighter skills?

Yeah, I gave my Ike Poison strike 3 for maximum arena value way back when. It came right off and Vantage went back on after my AA run was over. It is an O.G. skill and things weren't fully thought out and balanced in the beginning.

11 hours ago, Kaden said:

For me, merged units aren't worth it. I can't guarantee I'll be able to get 10 copies of a unit in a short time, especially 5*-only summons, and it's expensive if you need to use feathers to get them up to 5*. So, I'll just get annoyed looking at someone not be +10 merged and not having feathers to promote someone else. 4* +10 units are even worth less to me since if I'm using a 4* unit, then I'm probably never going to build them (properly). They're likely going to be relegated to being arena units -- don't ask why, but at some point I just started doing arena only with 4*, preferable bonus, units -- and the ones I end up showing as neutral, kept and leveled up as potential F2P back strategy units. For instance, I've had a neutral adult Tiki trained for a while now and she's apparently one of the next three free heroes. And with skill inheritance, I feel like I could have used them for someone else. This especially goes for units who have useful skills. For example, I probably could have had a +10 Sully by now, but that would have been 9 less Draw Backs, Swordbreaker 2/3s, and Spur Def 3s. Even for units with not as practical skills, I still keep them around in case I want to do something stupid like the all Brave weapons and Pass running cavalry defense team I've been wanting to do.

So if you have no 5*+10 projects, what do you spend your feathers on? Just because you might get stuck at +5 or +6 doesn't mean that the extra stats won't help.

For the blessing system, I just don't like it. You need a corresponding legendary hero to get stat boosts and if you don't have them, then they're basically something you have to spend in order to access content and rewards. Case in point: my lack of a promoted Ephraim. I'd like it if I could only use three fire blessings instead of four and the +3 HP and +4 Def would be really nice for the Garden of Fire maps and when it's a fire season for the GHB quests. And then there's personal indecisiveness on who to give the things to which I did work out by just giving them according to a character's affinity, but that only works for characters who have affinities or birthdays that I could use FE7's birth months corresponding to affinities as reference.

I didn't use blessings until the gardens came out. I don't love that you can't switch blessings without losing the first one but they have been quite generous with handing them out. A useful side effect of blessings is that a unit will receive double SP no matter what. It is very useful for training up new units. Especially useful for healers.

Lastly, I just forget to use the support system. I know it's there, but I never bother to use it.

This is just silly. It is completely free with no drawbacks to it.

11 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Yo man, could you like, toss a couple to a poor brother over here

ewww, stay away from me, you filthy peasant

Sitting at 75 orbs and I haven't even finished the quests. I have to say it's been a long time since I've had this many at once and it feels pretty good.

I know IS is pouring the orbs on just about everyone, but I have to say it feels pretty good to have had 20-30 orbs already when the rain started falling.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria Wait... I just realized something.. Counter Weapons banner... counter weapons...

340px-Full_Portrait_Ryoma_Peerless_Samur340px-Full_Portrait_Zelgius_Jet-Black_Ge

340px-Full_Portrait_Hardin_Dark_Emperor.340px-Full_Portrait_Dorcas_Serene_Warrio

Well that's annoying... I want a Dorcas...

Still summoning on the Legendary Banner.

Yes, please. I need bold fighter for Eliwood.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Wait... I just realized something.. Counter Weapons banner... counter weapons...

Instead, we'll get Nowi, Awakening Tiki, and... I guess Grima again.

Just one more Zelgius please...

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Merges huh. Though I find it funny how Grima happened to be on the BHB banner. I was expecting young Tiki

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'll give him a month for him to be another banner. Since he has been on a banner on January, February, and March.

Just now, silveraura25 said:

Merges huh. Though I find it funny how Grima happened to be on the BHB banner. I was expecting young Tiki

Yeah, the last Zelgius to get him to +10 eluded me on the last Legendary Hero banner.

Ideally, I think I'd want two more copies of Zelgius so that I can hand off Fierce Stance to Jeorge to finish his build.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

I'll give him a month for him to be another banner. Since he has been on a banner on January, February, and March.

But I thought people here liked patterns. We should put him on a banner every month!

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But I thought people here liked patterns. We should put him on a banner every month!

Imagine having a banner with nothing but alts every month!

I did something I have wanted to do for along time:

Spoiler

pIkaO2v.jpg

Ocqk1I6.jpg

Nowi gave Lighthning Breath+, Rally Spd/Def, and Fury 3 to Corrin. Killing off my most hated unit for one of my favorite units. And with this, Dragon Emblem has it’s fourth member

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

@Poimagic Yeah, I quite enjoy that feeling of getting a load off of your back too.

Hide contents

JqYoUNP.png

gai4wlM.png

Surprise, surprise, I took this as yet another opportunity to take a shot at Faye. I’m quite predictable if nothing else.

Am I gonna have to pull Leo and fodder him to Faye? ; )

@Tybrosion If Faye wasn’t both trash or Firesweep bow fodder, then I would’ve used her since she is from one of my  favorite games: Echoes. But for the reasons above, she would probably have her Lv40 convo unlocked, and then she would be gone.

Tharja or Nowi on the other hand, If I pulled a five star version of them, they would be foddered off for their weapons immediately, even with a good nature

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@Tybrosion If Faye wasn’t both trash or Firesweep bow fodder, then I would’ve used her since she is from one of my  favorite games: Echoes. But for the reasons above, she would probably have her Lv40 convo unlocked, and then she would be gone.

Tharja or Nowi on the other hand, If I pulled a five star version of them, they would be foddered off for their weapons immediately, even with a good nature

She can be good as a dedicated ranged tank or as a mixed one. Sadly Jakob is thing

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

She can be good as a dedicated ranged tank or as a mixed one. Sadly Jakob is thing

Faye does have more movement though.

16 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Am I gonna have to pull Leo and fodder him to Faye? ; )

If you think that'll upset me spoilers: it won't, then sure. I'd recommend foddering / sending home an Elise (who I don't have, unlike Leo) instead if you actually want to trigger me, though.

14 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I was literally never using my Faye, so I simply did the most sensible thing to do with her under those circumstances. Though now I kinda want another one so I can kill her again to give Klein (who I want to +10) that sweet Firesweep action too.

I've already stated my intentions should I ever get an Anamnesis Lady Eirika, so I won't repeat myself. The only question is whether I want to even risk pulling reds on legendary Lyn's banner.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Sadly Jakob is thing

And this would be the other big reason why I had no use for Faye.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If you think that'll upset me spoilers: it won't, then sure. I'd recommend foddering / sending home an Elise (who I don't have, unlike Leo) instead if you actually want to trigger me, though.

Just a friendly joke ?

@Vaximillian I want her as fodder for my Clarisse, but if I'd have the chance and enough orbs, I'd go for another Faye to keep and train

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd rather use Jakob for his broken-as-fuck Brave Bow Bold Fighter build.

From a gameplay perspective, do you think the Christmas fighter skills are balanced? As in armors only.