Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I was thinking of it more as them being able to have a theme that could work for Halloween as undead creatures who happen to all died in a fire. Problem is that if they're all fiery undead, then the banner would be made up of four reds which would kind of crappy. If we're just going to undead, then a lot of other people could work like Eldigan, Emmeryn, and Yen'fay.

Anyway, so like how Azura, the Black Knight?, Camus/Sirius, Conrad, Gerome, Legion, Lucina, and Saizo could all work for a masked ball banner which I don't know if it would work for Halloween, but it would be pretty neat. Gerome and Saizo being bashful dance partners would be fun.

Otherwise, I'm not sure who else could work for a Halloween banner other than the Festival of Bonds stuff from Fates, the morphs from Blazing Blade and witches from Gaiden/SoV, or any of the transform units.

Even if they all have fiery weapons, they wouldn't have to be Red.  We've had Firesweep weapons that weren't Red, and Ephraim's Flame Lance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Even if they all have fiery weapons, they wouldn't have to be Red.  We've had Firesweep weapons that weren't Red, and Ephraim's Flame Lance.

Yeah, it's just that I'm thinking if Flora, Gunnthra, and Rinea are mages, then they would use fire tomes and be red mages. At the same time, as you noted, they could have fire-related weapons that don't make them red units.

Edited by Kaden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kaden said:

Yeah, it's just that I'm thinking if Flora, Gunnthra, and Rinea are mages, then they would use fire tomes and be red mages. At the same time, though, they could have fire-related weapons that aren't fire or don't make them red units.

Flora could have a Flame Shuriken, and she was never really a mage by default.  She used staves/daggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rezzy said:

Flora could have a Flame Shuriken, and she was never really a mage by default.  She used staves/daggers.

She can become a dark mage and seasonal units have been in different classes. The other thing is she could be a red dagger unit if they introduce colored dagger units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

She can become a dark mage and seasonal units have been in different classes. The other thing is she could be a red dagger unit if they introduce colored dagger units.

Oh please no colored daggers.  I don't know why they felt the need to introduce colored bows.  As it is now, the units remaining who could serve as colorless units is limited.

Each game usually only has 2-3 bows and daggers assuming thieves use daggers.  There might be a few more Staves, taking promotions into account, but even then, there's usually only a couple primary healers per game.

Red and Blue have no shortage of possible additions and are already getting bloated.  Green might be the only color that could benefit from leaching bows into it, but they could just weigh more mages into using Green Tomes to solve that problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh please no colored daggers.  I don't know why they felt the need to introduce colored bows.  As it is now, the units remaining who could serve as colorless units is limited.

Each game usually only has 2-3 bows and daggers assuming thieves use daggers.  There might be a few more Staves, taking promotions into account, but even then, there's usually only a couple primary healers per game.

Red and Blue have no shortage of possible additions and are already getting bloated.  Green might be the only color that could benefit from leaching bows into it, but they could just weigh more mages into using Green Tomes to solve that problem.

Yeah, I don't know why they introduced colored bows, but someone pointed out how Daggerbreaker has the same distinction of colorless dagger foes like (C) Bowbreaker says it only works on colorless bow foes after LotW Lyn was introduced and figured they might introduce them in the future.

I feel like they will be introduced, but I hope like with colored archers, they're only limited to legendary heroes and seasonal units. Maybe CYL and GHB units, but not as regular summonable units.

With healers, we don't even have a Staffbreaker and even then, that wouldn't really matter if the intent of the healer is to wreak havoc with Pain+ and Savage Blow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staffbreaker would just be cruel. Healers already had to deal with so much. Don’t give them more troubles than they need. 

I don’t think colored bows will be common either. It looks like it’ll be an occasional thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Staffbreaker would just be cruel. Healers already had to deal with so much. Don’t give them more troubles than they need. 

Staffbreaker does not really matter at this point. Even if you limit their damage output with a Breaker, staves cannot be countered and they can still cause mass debuffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've been taking this bonus XP/SP to train up all my old pity breakers and bad IV units.  It also let me fodder of a few units to build them to make some room in my barracks.  Hopefully all this training up in TT will also let me get a good rank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I don't know why they introduced colored bows, but someone pointed out how Daggerbreaker has the same distinction of colorless dagger foes like (C) Bowbreaker says it only works on colorless bow foes after LotW Lyn was introduced and figured they might introduce them in the future.

I feel like they will be introduced, but I hope like with colored archers, they're only limited to legendary heroes and seasonal units. Maybe CYL and GHB units, but not as regular summonable units.

With healers, we don't even have a Staffbreaker and even then, that wouldn't really matter if the intent of the healer is to wreak havoc with Pain+ and Savage Blow.

It would have been easier if they had added range weapons to the colored melee units, eg spear/javelin for blue, hand axe for green, magical sword for red. That way the existing breakers would still work since the weapon and color had not changed. If SI turns it on to 11 then we could see color daggers and color staff.

A refined healer should be using the candlelight option. One hit is all they need for the debuffs. 

If we can add more breakers then I would be happy to see dragonstone breakers. It would make it easier for Julia/Deirde to fight dragons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Oh please no colored daggers.  I don't know why they felt the need to introduce colored bows.  As it is now, the units remaining who could serve as colorless units is limited.

Most likely because it's easier to introduce colored bows/daggers than it would be to make range 2 swords/axes/lances in order to provide colored ranged weapons that target defense. 

It plays into the simplicity that the developers wanted, which is the same reason we have mages that can only attack at 2 range.  If you see a bow/tome/staff/dagger, you know that unit can attack at 2 range.  If you see a sword/axe/lance/breath, you know that unit can attack at one range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Maybe it's time to abolish grey units altogether and just recategorise all the existing ones into the RGB triangle.

That will piss a lot of people off who invested in grey units. I would certainly be pissed if my archer nukes are suddenly assigned a color and are therefore less effective at doing their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are my eyes deceiving me or are we getting colored bows? Lyn is green what?

To be honest, I don't know why they're doing this. While it is thematic and fits well to Lyn, it does raises the question as to why other weapons can't get other colors? Colorless swords, axes, tomes? What about a colorless raven tome effective against colorless units? Lol. Idk, I think they're overmixing stuff in the wrong way with this.

Regarding the Fates banner, I have mixed feelings about it. While Kana, Shigure and Kaze are some neat and, probably, necessary additions, an extra Hinoka is over the top. Why didn't they just include Reina? Why didn't they took advantage of the moment and added Orochi, just to have all of Mikoto's retainers?

That aside, I finally got Reinhardt on the Thracia banner, although he's +Res -Atk, but he's already superb anyways. And on the Fates banner I got +Atk -Def Kana, which is awesome because I can give her the +Spd Breath and have a speedy green manakete.

Also, I'm close to giving Lloyd his unique refinement.

Also also

We need more res

Screenshot_20180429-211913.png

Obligatory tag to @Elieson. Today I noticed your buffed Def Beruka and said oh hey look he goes for Def and I went for Res.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It plays into the simplicity that the developers wanted...

The way SI keep making more convoluted weapon specials/formulas, makes me question their simplicity goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Obligatory tag to @Elieson. Today I noticed your buffed Def Beruka and said oh hey look he goes for Def and I went for Res.

Thanks for the plug, sir. I'm still workin on that Tana pull so I can give her Guidance in her C and FortDef as her seal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urk... I've been missing so many days of daily TT rewards, but yesterday I didn't even open FEH for the daily orbs or anything...

I'm kinda slipping here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Oh please no colored daggers.  I don't know why they felt the need to introduce colored bows.  As it is now, the units remaining who could serve as colorless units is limited.

Each game usually only has 2-3 bows and daggers assuming thieves use daggers.  There might be a few more Staves, taking promotions into account, but even then, there's usually only a couple primary healers per game.

That is what alts are for.

8 hours ago, Rezanator said:

It would have been easier if they had added range weapons to the colored melee units, eg spear/javelin for blue, hand axe for green, magical sword for red. That way the existing breakers would still work since the weapon and color had not changed. If SI turns it on to 11 then we could see color daggers and color staff.

That would make ranged units obsolete, since melee units have much higher stat totals.

Bows are the counterparts to dragonstones. Both Weapons can be inherited by any color, but dragon stones are magical melee weapons while bows are physical ranged weapons. Colored bows are there to fill out the physical ranged type of Weapons. We are currently lacking a physical melee Weapon that is colorless.

Physical Melee
Sword
Axe
Lance

Magical Melee
Red Breath
Blue Breath
Green Breath
Coloreless Breath

Physical Ranged
Red Bow
Blue Bow
Green Bow
Colorless Bow
Colorless Dagger

Magical Ranged
Red Tome
Blue Tome
Green Tome
Staff

4 hours ago, Rezanator said:

The way SI keep making more convoluted weapon specials/formulas, makes me question their simplicity goals.

I do not see how any of the Weapon effects are difficult to understand, all of their descriptions are pretty straight forward. Specials are also very straight forward since they are all just based on percentages. The damage formula is a little more complex, but it is the same damage formula since day 1 and they have not touched it since then.

I think the only skill that was ever confusing for a lot of players is Cancel Affinity.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Urk... I've been missing so many days of daily TT rewards, but yesterday I didn't even open FEH for the daily orbs or anything...

I'm kinda slipping here...

Sometimes you just need a break from Fire Emblem Heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really hoping today wouldn't be another sleeper day. Why didn't they have Kana's GHB start earlier? Or at least announce new refinements. It seems like every time I have lots of spare time, FEH has no new content and only starts spamming content when I'm going to be very busy.

I won't even be able to play at all from 5/6 to 5/11 so there goes some lost orbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Me: Where's the new content IS?

IS: New content? Pshhh. Just do arena, kid.

Come now, there is a clear schedule. Don't be impatient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can pre-register for Grand Conquest today, so technically that's something. :P

(Personally not too fussed as today is the day to grind out TT rank. Need 100k points just to get top 10k as of right now so despite the duration reduction, it'll still probably take 110-120k points to hold position. That's only about 10-20k less than it took when TT was a 14 day event, urgh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BEHOLD! My -SPD Shigure!

Spoiler

qwCDhDB.png?1

I mean...even without buffs, he's still pretty great. I'm giving him an S-Support with my Summer Corrin... And to be honest, I may end up switching over my summoner support from Merric... I really hope he drops down to 4 stars. I want to +10 him soooo badly. ...and maybe eventually get a copy that isn't -SPD. XD )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

BEHOLD! My -SPD Shigure!

  Hide contents

qwCDhDB.png?1

I mean...even without buffs, he's still pretty great. I'm giving him an S-Support with my Summer Corrin... And to be honest, I may end up switching over my summoner support from Merric... I really hope he drops down to 4 stars. I want to +10 him soooo badly. ...and maybe eventually get a copy that isn't -SPD. XD )

 

Ouch. All three copies you pulled were -Spd? That sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XRay said:

Ouch. All three copies you pulled were -Spd? That sucks.

Two were -SPD actually. One was -ATK. I ended up going with +DEF -SPD for now. When I experimented with match-ups, the hit to his ATK hurt a bit more than the hit to his SPD. And +DEF was a better boon than +HP. I'd be more upset, but he's still super bomb. I could let him run a tanky, defensive build too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...