Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

On the topic of Tap Battle, I'm finding taking four of same unit into it more amusing than I probably should. Never thought I would see the day one of my party slots is allotted for that one.

That’s what I’ve been doing since forever:
Screenshot_20180515-140828.png

Olivias dancing through every encounter.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

52 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s what I’ve been doing since forever:
Screenshot_20180515-140828.png

Olivias dancing through every encounter.

I've been using Oscar Quadruples, mainly because there's no mage or dancer I have enough of to make a foursome. Also hero merit gains. Mages and dragons throwing around those enemies without their usual attack animations is also oddly amusing.

Well I finally decided on who I wanted to promote then build up next, though I think I may have officially lost my damn mind in the process as I also just killed three 5*s without batting an eye.

Spoiler

zBLsRmt.png?1

I don't need to say who got sacked here as the tome gives it away by default.

Spoiler

pZD0oum.png?1

A spare Micaiah

Spoiler

N83Tdvn.png?1

A Hawkeye that I half-halfheartedly built up but never really used. 

As for my next promotion:

Spoiler

ozhTsm5.png?1

a classic case of "you're more useful to me dead rather than alive.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

@Tybrosion, wait, did they finally make it so that Rauthowl can be inherited without Fire and Elfire?

Yes. It happened sometime within the past couple months (after I last updated the red tomes page on the main site).

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. It happened sometime within the past couple months (after I last updated the red tomes page on the main site).

I think it had to have been with the 2.5 update, because I remember checked the rauorowl like last month while in a conversation about this

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Well I finally decided on who I wanted to promote then build up next, though I think I may have officially lost my damn mind in the process as I also just killed three 5*s without batting an eye.

Hide contents

zBLsRmt.png?1

I don't need to say who got sacked here as the tome gives it away by default.

Hide contents

pZD0oum.png?1

A spare Micaiah

Hide contents

N83Tdvn.png?1

A Hawkeye that I half-halfheartedly built up but never really used. 

As for my next promotion:

Reveal hidden contents

ozhTsm5.png?1

a classic case of "you're more useful to me dead rather than alive.

I used my one spare Takumi (before the free one was handed to us veteran players) to give my Azama Close Counter.

I've not even bothered consulting with others about that, I just decided "Yup, this asshole monk is worthy of counterattacking melee units, also he now owns the Fortress seals"

Join the club brotha, we've all lost our minds here.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m not sure if that was ever a thing to begin with but if it was, then I guess so.

Since Katarina was released in spite of the other generic red tomes, Rauthblade, Rauthraven, Rauthwolf at the time and later stuff like Candelabra and the Tomato Tome, being inheritable for dark and fire mages. Same dealio when light magic was introduced where they, Micaiah and Oliver, didn't need to inherit Thunder and Elthunder to inherit Blarblade or Blarowl. Rauthowl was the only generic tome to have required Fire and Elfire to have been inherited which seems to be no longer the case by now.

Meanwhile, Lloyd's Regal Blade still doesn't display properly in his ready stance and Peri's skirt still freaks out when she readies herself. Also, some people were complaining about how Julius's hand is in front of his hair for his ready stance instead of behind it like with Arvis and Saias.

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if we are getting a double-effective axe as a future refine. I swear to Naga, if Titania gets it…

Nah, it'll be Barst

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Nah, it'll be Barst

I’ll be fine with that. I mean, I gave Caeda a wo dao, then she gets a new weapon. I gave Camilla a slaying axe, then she gets a new weapon. I gave Titania a poleaxe…

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if we are getting a double-effective axe as a future refine. I swear to Naga, if Titania gets it…

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Nah, it'll be Barst

Nah, Barst will get a Personal Axe that has the built in effect of Smite x10. The battle stops after he attacks, regardless who initiated, and he sends the target flying to the corner of the map behind them after any combat with him.

Skill refine, target takes 5 out of combat damage if they were to land on a tile they can't stand on, or hit a wall that isn't the corner of the map.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Larverto said:

I assume we've all seen the teaser for the next event banner? I figured that they would do grooms, but it's brides again. I'm fine with that, though.

We have a thread for that, don’t we? I’m pretty sure it’s been speculated through and through there.

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Darn it i forgot to register for Grand conquests!

does that mean i can’t participate? I’m going to miss out on those needed orbs and coins :(

Nah, registration means nothing, probably just a means for them to try to pre-balance each outrealm with X number of powerful players or somesuch.

Last GC I registered on my main account and didn't on my second account. Both could participate just fine. Indeed this time I intentionally didn't register both accounts, in the hope that I get ignored for balancing purposes and therefore possibly get into a stronger team at random. Probably just me being paranoid though, I'm sure my team will be crushed regardless.

32 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Darn it i forgot to register for Grand conquests!

does that mean i can’t participate? I’m going to miss out on those needed orbs and coins :(

I couldn't imagine them doing that, anyway. Locking someone out of content for not pressing a button would be overly harsh.

@mampfoid I hope when that time comes IS rains down a shower of orbs on us and introduces an infernal difficulty for every single story chapter that's ever come out.

@Alkaid The "Four Heroes" special maps are suspicious I'll admit. And it's after the legendary banner. It's a good chance to wipe out everyone's orbs and then the New Heroes banner in June turns out to be CYL. Since they are permanent units it wouldn't be a "Special Heroes" banner. That would suck a lot. And unless they did what they've been doing, the trailer would be the day after the Legendary Banner ends, which means not even a chance to see what's what, you either miss out on the legendary banner, the new heroes banner or of course, spend cash.

I feel you on the feather front. I'm not all that tempted to spend them, but I do indeed want to save feathers for merges and if I think about things for a second.

• I'm interested in building a Boey.
  • I kind of want to promote Julius.
  • I just promoted Kaze but I'm interested in Felicia as well (+SPD/-DEF)
  • I have a +ATK Mae I can promote.
  • I'd love to promote M!Kana to replace Nowi as my Blue Dragon.
  • I don't have a green Dragon and I have a +SPD/-HP Fae I can promote.
  • My Serra would love a staff that's not Absorb+.
  • My ToD!Henry wants a new tome.
  • My Lukas wants merges.
  • I used to want to build a Barst.
  • Saizo is about to be *4 +10 and would love his Smoke Dagger+
  • My Eliwood is +DEF/-HP and would love to be +2 +SPD/-RES and run a Brave Roy copy build.
  • My +DEF/-HP Athena would love to become a +1 +ATK/-HP Athena.
  • To fodder off the free Takumi I'd need to promote him.
  • A few units want QR3, so I'd need to promote my only Subaki for that.

But then I'm brought back to reality on a lot of fronts.

• I have no idea what I want to do with Boey.
  • Felicia wants Divine Dew which I'm currently saving waiting for the next update to see who gets what.
  • I don't know what I want to do with Mae yet.
  • I don't know how I want to build M!Kana and I doubt I have the fodder for him.
  • Fae wants +DEF and she lacks the A skill fodder she wants.
  • Serra is on the back burner and I'm happy with my Genny right now. Plus she lacks the fodder for an ideal build.
  • I don't know what I want to do with ToD!Henry.
  • I have plenty of unbuilt greens and I don't need another one right now.
  • My hands are full with Matthew, Sothe, Kagero and now Kaze. So Saizo is kind of on the backburner.
  • Eliwood wants Galeforce, which I'm not sure I want to part with, plus I'm doing all this so he can literally be the same unit as my +ATK/-RES BH!Roy.
  • Athena may prefer a +SPD Nature and I'm thinking about a Flashing Blade build for her.
  • I don't know who to give my QR3 to yet.

Obviously that demands a lot of feathers, all of which I have, but I'm so halfhearted, unsure or flat out unprepared I don't feel compelled to pursue most of these. I really need to work on my greens though. I have a vanilla Sheena, Amelia, Sonya, Bunny Alfonse, ToD!Henry and F!Robin. It's ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid I hope when that time comes IS rains down a shower of orbs on us and introduces an infernal difficulty for every single story chapter that's ever come out.

That would be awesome even without the orbs. 

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  • My Serra would love a staff that's not Absorb+.

Don't you have any pity breakers you could feed her? I mean, you pull colorless a lot. 

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  • I don't know how I want to build M!Kana and I doubt I have the fodder for him.

His skill set is good, he only needs something for the B slot. 

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:
  • Eliwood wants Galeforce, which I'm not sure I want to part with, plus I'm doing all this so he can literally be the same unit as my +ATK/-RES BH!Roy.

That's why my Eliwood (and Siegbert) rank very low on the priority list currently. 

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Obviously that demands a lot of feathers, all of which I have, but I'm so halfhearted, unsure or flat out unprepared I don't feel compelled to pursue most of these. I really need to work on my greens though. I have a vanilla Sheena, Amelia, Sonya, Bunny Alfonse, ToD!Henry and F!Robin. It's ridiculous.

Don't do all at once. Just think of a team out of these units you would like to play and start with one unit per week. 

@Humanoid Oh, thanks for that! Now I feel stupid for panicking and sending an enquiry haha

@Cute Chao Yeah I'm a paranoid person :P

@Zeo Ooooh, that would be a nice source of orbs! Timed missions will be annoying though but at least a story map will be there forever.

Huh that reminds me, I have a +Atk Mae as well. Still not sure if I should be waiting for +Spd before promoting though.

After acquiring a +Spd/-Res Saizo and a +Atk/-Def Sothe, I kind of want to promote them with Kaze for a sudden surge of Dagger units sometime soon. But first I'll need to promote Julius first since my main account kind of lacks good Red Restanks (and annoyingly, all my 5 star Red mages sans Arvis (Katarina and Tharja) are -Res)

19 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh boy. GC sure is a fun mode. I wish we had it all the time since it's a lot of content and not at all boring:Kappa:

Yup, so much so that apparently there’s plenty of players in my outrealm that want to get it over with pronto, judging from the 10 knockouts in just this first round.