Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

@Rezzy @Arcanite

So, I decided to go ahead and do this anyway, despite still not having the +Def, -Res stats I eventually want.

LERTpnd.png

I figured, you know what? The current base Frederick is the very first green I ever pulled in this game. +Def, -Spd has still served me well enough for the most part. The only reason I want +Def, -Res is for the physical tanking and neutral Spd so he doesn't get doubled as much. But you know what else? 28 Spd here means he still reaches 38 with a Hone Cav buff and one Goad Cav buff, I believe. That's still pretty nuts for a tank like this dude. XD So I can roll with him for awhile longer. He deserves a little glory for being with me basically since I started.

Also, now people on Team Ike in my friends list will get a +10 Freddy for their ally sometimes. ^^ Happy tanking and Ignis smashing!

I love you, Freddy! Oh yeah, and don't worry, you'll finally have QR3 at some point too. lol Gotta stop getting rid of those Subakis for just QR2... Next time I pull him though...

Who is using your Close Defense seal? Seeing the defense stat above 50 is nice, but Close Defense 2 and 3 are superior to Defense +3 in every way possible.

Edited by Hawk King

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Who is using your Close Defense seal? Seeing the defense stat above 50 is nice, but Close Defense 2 and 3 are superior to Defense +3 in every way possible.

Huh, I'm not sure I gave that to anyone in particular. But I probably should use it on Freddy sometimes.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

i wouldnt use Close Defense on him. Defense 3 is nice if you want extra bulk against melees, dagger users and bow users.

I use Fortress Defense Seal on my Boey because it makes him more bulky against all forms of physical attacks (coupled with Close Counter)

I use Close defense or Distant Defense if i want to patch up one particular match up part either ranged or close up.

I use Fortress Def/RES or DEF+ RES+ when i want to patch up/enhance a general match in terms of magical vs physical dmg.

Boey or in this case Frederick sux at taking any kind of magical hit anyway may it be Dragons, Tome users or any from of future melee that might maybe deal magical dmg. Why not just go for the beacon and strengthen his physical bulkiness in all forms to the extreme.

16 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Boey or in this case Frederick sux at taking any kind of magical hit anyway may it be Dragons, Tome users or any from of future melee that might maybe deal magical dmg. Why not just go for the beacon and strengthen his physical bulkiness in all forms to the extreme.

This particular Frederick with Close Def 3 would have 83 bulk against breath weapons and is fast enough unbuffed to avoid a double from unbuffed neutral-Spd Nowi. Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry are icing on the cake here.

For PvE use, you can switch out the Sacred Seal for whatever suits the situation best, but in the Arena, Close Def maximizes his effectiveness against things he can actually counterattack against, and ideally, you want him to participate in encounters where he can counterattack much more often than ones where he cannot.

It's better to optimize for the situations you're intending a unit to be used for rather than sub-optimal situations that should be handled by teammates or a player-phase axe to the face.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This particular Frederick with Close Def 3 would have 83 bulk against breath weapons and is fast enough unbuffed to avoid a double from unbuffed neutral-Spd Nowi. Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry are icing on the cake here.

For PvE use, you can switch out the Sacred Seal for whatever suits the situation best, but in the Arena, Close Def maximizes his effectiveness against things he can actually counterattack against, and ideally, you want him to participate in encounters where he can counterattack much more often than ones where he cannot.

It's better to optimize for the situations you're intending a unit to be used for rather than sub-optimal situations that should be handled by teammates or a player-phase axe to the face.

Yeah, basically what Ice Dragon said here is why I've considered Close Def. Nowi is a bitch to go against.

19 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
We have to do something about this.

NoA’s tweet already has over 5.2k retweets by now (including mine). We’ve got this in the bag.

not that I’m going to ever use this one

20 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Don't think we can pluck her, though. And I think it'd be rather mean to our messenger owl.

She only looks like a kind messenger, she is actually the Evil One. Every time you summon, you steal heroes from a world in dire need of them, making them destined for destruction. Even when you steal villains, what you end up doing is opening a dimensional rift that causes that world to become unstable and consumed by interdimensional void. With every world that ends that way, she grows stronger and stronger, and one day she will rise up and consume all so that she may then recreate it as she sees fit. Do not do her will!

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She only looks like a kind messenger, she is actually the Evil One. Every time you summon, you steal heroes from a world in dire need of them, making them destined for destruction. Even when you steal villains, what you end up doing is opening a dimensional rift that causes that world to become unstable and consumed by interdimensional void. With every world that ends that way, she grows stronger and stronger, and one day she will rise up and consume all so that she may then recreate it as she sees fit. Do not do her will!

Your point would be valid...except then it's Askr who're the villains since they gave us the divine gun. Feh is an innocent victim.

Huh, apparently Awakening Anna and Fates Anna share a birthday in June. June 10 for Awakening Anna and June 11 for Fates Anna. I was thinking about Anna getting an alt or her sisters, the other Annas, being introduced and sort of remembered that two Annas' birthdays were coming up soon. Welp, it turns out the Awakening Anna's is 2 days before the next new units banner that has a suspicious special map event going with it. Some people are figuring it might be the CYL2 banner, but wouldn't it be hilarious and crazy if it turned out to be an Anna banner? Maybe the appearance of it is explained as Heroes Anna's birthday and her sisters throwing a surprise party for her. Her sisters are different characters, so them being regular units would make sense. Maybe Apotheosis boss Anna should be a legendary hero, though. The only problem is that there's only two playable Annas from the main series and Warriors Anna they're all infantry units. The only other Annas shown fighting, but aren't playable are tutorial Anna from Tellius and already mentioned, Apotheosis boss Anna from Awakening.

Awakening Anna would be a dagger, sword, or possibly even a healer infantry since Tricksters in Awakening used swords and staves, but they might pull a Gaius on her and have her use a dagger. Moving on, Fates and Warriors Anna would be archers, Apotheosis boss Anna would be a lance infantry or possibly a lance armor with her backpack being an excuse for that, and tutorial Anna would be a pegasus knight which would be fine even though she'd be another lance-wielding one. I guess they could give her a sword if they wanted too or even an axe because why not. Or maybe a staff.

I just want an Anna bonanza. :p

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Huh, apparently Awakening Anna and Fates Anna share a birthday in June. June 10 for Awakening Anna and June 11 for Fates Anna. I was thinking about Anna getting an alt or her sisters, the other Annas, being introduced and sort of remembered that two Annas' birthdays were coming up soon. Welp, it turns out the Awakening Anna's is 2 days before the next new units banner that has a suspicious special map event going with it. Some people are figuring it might be the CYL2 banner, but wouldn't it be hilarious and crazy if it turned out to be an Anna banner? Maybe the appearance of it is explained as Heroes Anna's birthday and her sisters throwing a surprise party for her. Her sisters are different characters, so them being regular units would make sense. Maybe Apotheosis boss Anna should be a legendary hero, though. The only problem is that there's only two playable Annas from the main series and Warriors Anna they're all infantry units. The only other Annas shown fighting, but aren't playable are tutorial Anna from Tellius and already mentioned, Apotheosis boss Anna from Awakening.

Awakening Anna would be a dagger, sword, or possibly even a healer infantry since Tricksters in Awakening used swords and staves, but they might pull a Gaius on her and have her use a dagger. Moving on, Fates and Warriors Anna would be archers, Apotheosis boss Anna would be a lance infantry or possibly a lance armor with her backpack being an excuse for that, and tutorial Anna would be a pegasus knight which would be fine even though she'd be another lance-wielding one. I guess they could give her a sword if they wanted too or even an axe because why not. Or maybe a staff.

I just want an Anna bonanza. :p

I'm in favor of this though I always imagined Awakening Anna wielding Levin Sword since I think one of her official arts shows her wielding it. Since three characters on a banner seems to be the norm these days it could easily just be Anna from Awakening wielding swords, Fates Anna with blue bow colored Shining Bow, and then either Pegasus Knight Anna from Tellius or if they really want to maybe do something like Archanea Anna as a Ballistician to reference Jake and give her armor movement, and then finally have Apotheosis Anna as GHB or a Legendary Alt. Surely they had both Tellius and Archanea Annas on the CYL ballot for some reason right?

Though I honestly don't think the next banner will be all Annas since I have been hearing that the June 8th banner might be Archanea themed due to Marth getting an alt recently, refines for Archanea characters coming up soon, people thinking Kris might be added in soon since both genders of Kana and Morgan came this year. I definitely wouldn't mind an Archanea banner though.

Huh, my friend had pulled Lana in heroes during her orginal banner, and was curious how old she was. He looked it up, and apparently, Lana is 27. Lana just gained the nickname of Grandma Loli

23 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Huh, my friend had pulled Lana in heroes during her orginal banner, and was curious how old she was. He looked it up, and apparently, Lana is 27. Lana just gained the nickname of Grandma Loli

If you mean Lene (Lana is a different and yet unreleased Gen 2 character), why would she be 27 and so much older than all the other Gen 2 kids?

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

If you mean Lene, that is impossible without Deeprealms being retconned into FE4. Only 20 years pass between the Issach Campaign and invasion of Verdane that kick off Genealogy and the start of the Second Generation/Issach Rebellion. And Silvia isn't recruited until 758. 

Your friend's source is false.

This also reminds me I want Lena in Heroes. Not sure how'd they make Hammerne her signature staff work though. Maybe some sort of 1-turn weapon buff as an exclusive Assist skill? Triangle Adept boost that stacks with TA itself and Gem weapons? IDK.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Even if that were true, seriously? 27 for Grandma?

So, it is too early to be speculating about what the New Heroes banner of June 8th?

The only games without dedicated banners left I believe are Binding Blade, Gen 1 Awakening, and I'd say Gen 1 Fates (Hinoka sneaking onto the Shigure-Kana banner was more to appease her absence of an alt prior to that).

For Gen 1 Awakening: I'd take one extra large serving of Basilio (or Vaike 'cause we need more normal summonable Axes it seems). A side of Dark Flier Sumia (only because she is pushed heavily by Awakening itself for Chrom so it is odd she isn't in already). And to drink, someone magical (Tome Emmeryn or Staff Libra would be idea). For a Grand dessert, any of an Aversa evil apple tart (but she'd probably be too good to be given away as a GHB), a Walhart croquembouche of conquest, or a gassy Gangrel garlic gelato would be delicious.

For Gen 1 Fates: One mega slow, kinda weak, but absolutely tanky Mixed Wall, the Eggs Bennydict would be desired. He can be served alongside the Charlotte cocktail (because Axe and she has a special version of herself in already). And they can be accompanied by Mozu manju and Rinkah's ghost pepper poppers.

For Binding Blade: I'd have brunch with Melady, an afternoon snack with Dieck, and prepare with Lugh the dinner which Murdock would be willing to attend. But Binding has a slew of nice choices, and I can't really decide as easily as I can with Awakening and Fates (although both have a few unnamed options, just fewer).

But if could pick characters from a game not one of those three, Nils is at the top of my wanted list right now.