Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So, it is too early to be speculating about what the New Heroes banner of June 8th?

I'm actually thinking we're getting CYL 2. These New Heroes will coincide with a set of Special Maps titled "Four Heroes" according to the calendar. I know the first round of characters took much longer to get made (Four months compared to seven and a half), but I doubt CYL2 will get the same level of attention. No FEH Broadcast and no commercial with live action actors. Also yes to getting a freebie summon of our choosing. If you thought the Ayra backlash was harsh, imagine how we would react if we didn't get our "promised" freebie choice just like last year.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm actually thinking we're getting CYL 2. These New Heroes will coincide with a set of Special Maps titled "Four Heroes" according to the calendar. I know the first round of characters took much longer to get made (Four months compared to seven and a half), but I doubt CYL2 will get the same level of attention. No FEH Broadcast and no commercial with live action actors. Also yes to getting a freebie summon of our choosing. If you thought the Ayra backlash was harsh, imagine how we would react if we didn't get our "promised" freebie choice just like last year.

I've been meaning to write a brief story set in in that live-action skit- Ike, Lyn, Roy and Lucina being pulled away from their plots to pursue the Black Knight. By this point, the fact I have no idea why is why I haven't.

(Well, Ike would be pursuing the Black Knight specifically because he killed Greil, but the other guys need something more concrete.)

30 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

That could very well be true. In which case, think the CYL1 freebie will expire on that day? I've still yet to grab my Uike (I refuse Brave!Lyn when no natural bow cavalry user has been added yet! And Lucina and Roy aren't really appealing.), probably should do it tomorrow just in case.

And of All the Bravest additions to be, it's Veronique (I say this with kindness), Celica, Hector, and Ephraim. If we do get a freebie again, which would I choose? Well given I can indulge my subjectivity in this game, Ephraim can sit his rear on the pointy, scorching tip of Siegmund (or trip over Duessel's Garm if that is what he has stolen). OC with Tharja aesthetic inspirations interests me not, no offense to her. This leaves me to choose between Celica of a sacrifice I never saw and who I love in SoV gameplay, and Hector, the lone lord able to cleave room for themselves in my heart. I'll have to see how they fair in gameplay.

But I'm not leaping in just for them, we'll have to wait until late June or early-mid July for another chance at that. Please IS, give us two New Heroes banners in a row before busting out the bikini bods again!

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I refuse Brave!Lyn when no natural bow cavalry user has been added yet!

You know this just means that she'll eventually show up in one of your summoning circles, and probably as an off-focus pull right? I said pretty much the same regarding Anamnesis Lady Eirika, and yet...

Spoiler

El6ElF9.png?1

...I now forever have a stain in my Catalog of Heroes.

No, she wasn't from Lyn's legendary banner because that'd be too sensible. She instead was one of the four off-focus red 5*s I ended up getting on Bridal Bloom before Obsessive Bride Tharja finally showed up. Eirika, for her part, was put to good use though.

Edited by Tybrosion

I actually kinda wonder how long it takes a unit to be added to the game, from conceptualization to official release...

There is the possibility that it only takes the four months we've had up to now, but they're special heroes. I'm taking normal, run-of-the-mill units.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I actually kinda wonder how long it takes a unit to be added to the game, from conceptualization to official release...

There is the possibility that it only takes the four months we've had up to now, but they're special heroes. I'm taking normal, run-of-the-mill units.

I asked that question as topic a few eons ago (as in February, so it'd as dead as the Love Abounds banner- remember that?). It could be 2-4 months, probably closer to four. 

Also, this is page 2000! This topic has come so far! Anyone go back and reread the older stuff ever? Have a few laughs at what absurd things we said back then?

Well, one thing to consider is that the 4 heroes maps extend for much longer than the banner itself. Could just be a coincidence.

If it is CYL 2 though, I'm probably going to grab the free Ephraim. If Lyn and Ike are anything to go by, the winners will be featured very often so for Celica and Hector I may consider waiting for their inevitable hero fest appearance.

...Veronica who?

Edited by Korath88

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

This is what I've been thinking since I saw the calendar.  I'd advise people, well at least FTP ones, to wait til we know what it is.  If it is CYL2 you may regret having too few or no orbs.  CYL1 was a monstrous banner with incredibly powerful unique units.  Urvan, Steady breath on Brave Ike.  Our first mounted archer and top tier hero in Brave Lyn.  Up there for best offensive cav sword in the game and at that time considered far and away the best.  Lancina's crazy drive combat buff possibilities very novel for back then.  Finally the introduction of uninheritable unique skills  (Sacae blessing, Beorc Blessing).  

I don't think we will get BST powercreep, but I think the CYL2 heroes are going to make a huge splash and one of the highest priority banners to pull on of the year in terms of unique units/skills and power level.  

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I asked that question as topic a few eons ago (as in February, so it'd as dead as the Love Abounds banner- remember that?). It could be 2-4 months, probably closer to four.

Love Abounds? What's that, sounds gay.

I'll bet Eliwood and Hector were involved.

...sounds reasonable, 2-4 months.

...I just realised. If this next banner is CYL2, there's basically zero chance of Marth being a consolation prize as a Tempest unit. Aside from being right up against a Tempest for Brides, it's right up against a Tempest with Marth.

Of course, if CYL2 is later, he still has his chance.

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...I just realised. If this next banner is CYL2, there's basically zero chance of Marth being a consolation prize as a Tempest unit. Aside from being right up against a Tempest for Brides, it's right up against a Tempest with Marth.

If not, well third is the cha-aw dangit! Prince Sixteen stole the top spot, and who thought it was a bright idea to allow Ike back in the CYL polling?!

I kid, Ike wouldn't do that well on CYL3 if he was let back in, and Marth would surely get at least second...........right?

Well, whenever CYL2 does come Hector will be my freebie choice hands down and I will hope I can snag Ephraim as well.  I don't care at all about the girls (watch me only pull them and no guys when they come), so I only want the boys.  Since I have L!Ephraim I don't really care about his CYL version unless it happens to be an armor, but since Hector refuses to come visit my barracks he is my top choice.  I really don't think the 8th of June banner will be CYL 2, but who knows.  I am thinking the next banner will be Elibe since it has yet to have a non seasonal banner this year, I am hoping for Nils, Canas and Karla if it is Blazing, and if it is Binding I hoping for Geese, Milady and Rutger with a Gale GHB.

Four Heroes quests would imply all four CYL2 heroes will be free, right? :P

Hard to guess what it is really. Will it be just like the Three Heroes quests but we get four common heroes instead of three? Maybe it's something to do with the Askr Trio + Fjorm instead? At any rate, it's hard to see how it could have anything to do with CYL2 unless the quests were simply "hey, beat these new maps that feature the new heroes".

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Thinking about it, they should have postponed the release of accessories a little, just so we could have a Feh channel with Feh being blinged out... yo.

I would rather not. I don't like Feh's voice. Sounds like a 20 or 30 year old woman trying to talk like an 8 year old girl and dying in the process.

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

man i did it again, why

i decided to fix my Eirika so she can contribute decently on AA hey look at that i raise up a sword again! no one's surprised about this

Had 60.000 Feather on reserve, so why not? Plan is to upgrade 1 Eirika with decent boon and bane that i have slapped some skills on, merge it to the older 5* Eirika. End result is a decently skilled 5* Eirika

Of course i just had to promote the wrong Eirika with same boons and banes. Simply SI-ing the skeleton would be a waste so i ended up promoting 2 Eirika to 5*

At this point i figured out not going further is a waste, so..... welcome to the Weapon refinery group Eirika!

40.000 Feather and 200 Sacred Dew for what is supposed to be a simple 20.000 feather investment. Go me

Whats with me and merging mistake when it comes to female Sword with high speed and res

i think  @Alexmender hexed me to do this

CYL2 will probably get less attention than CYL1, but there's no way it'll get this little. Most likely, it'll get released around the same time of year as the original CYL, and be shown off in a normal FEH Channel beforehand.

12 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Don't we have "Four Heroes" things like every other month? With the max rewards being "kill 10 enemies LV 35 or higher with X character"?

These are Three Heroes, hence why people are overhyping it for no reason at all.

I think four heroes just might be the quests we get when we have three free units, except this time it it’s four for some reason. These might include the recently demoted units like Sakura, Abel, Mae etc, considering we’re nearly out of the the original 3/4* units.

Whatever the Four Heroes thing is, I hope it just gives a nice amount of free orbs. xP

Anyway, I love my flying Ryoma. <3

RveBGWB.png

I'll probably add Vantage and a flier buff skill to his arsenal too should he need them somewhere, but even with mostly his base kit here he's so great! That +Atk really makes him smash things! And -Res as a bane doesn't change much. :P