• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Doesn’t this mean that it’s possible we might get a Linus GHB?

He would be good, but why not Nergal? Mr. Big Bad of Blazing still isn't here. Although we did just get Julius, and we have Lyon as well in the Red Tome Infantry GHB department. Sonia wouldn't be bad either. 

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Yep, Nino’s horse has wings. Green flier Nino inbound everyone

Elibe doesn't have tome fliers at all- IS is fabricating her completely here. Unless they're implying NinoxFlorina is canon. Eat that HectorxFlorina or LynxFlorina shippers! (And you disgust me Flector fans anyhow- how does their support remotely approach a prelude to marriage?)

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What an instaskip for me.

The mere presence of the alt turns you off from the entire banner, not open to the possibility the other two might be desirable? I do share your distaste for alts though. 

Man, I'm not ready for the possibility of Rath getting into the game.

I really may have to end up dropping everything. (Except legendary banner, still need my reds.)

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The mere presence of the alt turns you off from the entire banner, not open to the possibility the other two might be desirable? I do share your distaste for alts though. 

Nino herself turns me from herself. The presence of Eirika didn’t turn me from L’Arachel and Myrrh, after all.

Then again, if the banner has someone like Rath, it will be 2/3 units I don’t care about, and the third one will get demoted.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We don’t need any alts. At all.

This.  Actually had hope after the no alt Genealogy banner, guess that will remain the only alt free banner this year at least for the next couple weeks.  Really nice that not only will the next banner have at least one alt, it will be the headliner as well.  As if we didn't have that already with Exalted Chrom over the Morgans, or Kinshi Hinoka over Shigure and Kana, or Swordhart over Leif and Nanna.  Can they maybe invest into the characters making their first appearance, instead of giving all the good stuff to the alt?  Like they are trying to brainwash people into loving alts cause they purposefully push the power level of them through the roof, so they can save money and time on art, assets, voice acting?  

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Man, I'm not ready for the possibility of Rath getting into the game.

Prepare for disappointment! I am starting to. Just as a precaution.

*Think they'll choose the worst possible trio.Think they'll choose the worst possible trio.Think they'll choose the worst possible trio.Think they'll choose the worst possible trio.Think they'll choose the worst possible trio.*

*Takes a deep breath*

I say "trio", assuming a GHB or TT will run with this, since Florino is already a write off into the lake of sacrifices, should I surface from Xibalba for this due to the others, and Nino then stroll my way despite my warning.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the worst possible trio

Literally Flying Nino, Heath, and Rath. Boom. Instaskip because I can’t care less about any of those.

The former two because of Intsys’ recent hardon for fliers (they seem to have calmed down their armourboner), and the latter as the countermeasure.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Prepare for disappointment! I am starting to. Just as a precaution.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Literally Flying Nino, Heath, and Rath. Boom. Instaskip because I can’t care less about any of those.

What do you have against Rath

In all seriousness, Rath is like the only thing that could convince me to go nuts on the FE7 banner. If it's literally anyone else, I'll do my customary full pull and leave. Although ... with my luck I'll probably get the Nino alt in some way since (with the addition of Zelgius into my barracks), I've pulled literally every single non-legendary alt that exists in the game so far. Why do they love me.

Seeing Vaximillian talks so bad about Nino makes me sad.

Okay, this is unexpected, IS accidently spoiled the next banner xD

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What do you have against Rath

Everything. He’s just not my type. That and he comes painfully late, and in the same chapter as Isadorable.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Seeing Vaximillian talks so bad about Nino makes me sad.

I’m not talking bad about Nino. I’m talking bad about the memes about Nino, and about Literally Flying Nino literally no one wanted or asked for.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Everything. He’s just not my type. That and he comes painfully late, and in the same chapter as Isadorable.

I mean, that's fair enough.

Personally, I find Rath to be more potentially interesting than characters like Lyn or Hector who can't get out of my face, and of course no one can be a worse character than Corrin. Except maybe Xander and Peri.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

[N]o one can be a worse character than Corrin. Except maybe Xander and Peri.

Ike can and is, but I’m not getting back to that again.

10 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Okay, this is unexpected, IS accidently spoiled the next banner xD

Yeah, and I assume some poor intern will be out of a job by tomorrow at the latest.

As for a Nino alt, cool! It might be because Stockholm Syndrome has set in with me, but I find that the constant complaining about alts is becoming increasingly pointless and annoying with each New Heroes banner that has one. As long as IS thinks that they can make profits off of alts of popular characters, they are never going to stop making them. They, and Nintendo as a whole, are a business before they are anything else.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Never thought I’d meet someone else who think Ike sucks. Neat

Edited by Poimagic

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m not talking bad about Nino. I’m talking bad about the memes about Nino, and about Literally Flying Nino literally no one wanted or asked for.

I wonder if they're afraid that the Paladins in FE7 would be rather... unoriginal compared to some of the calvary in the game already. And Oswin as yet another broke ass armor compared to his already powerful young lord....

There is a story basis for Nino and Florina, so like it or not, they didn't totally pull Flying Nino out of their asses. 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Nah, I have to highly disagree with that. I have no issue with disliking Ike, and RD!Ike is very ... boring. But no lord can be worse than fucking Conquest Corrin -- a crybaby who turns themselves into the victim over the people they are invading because those people hate them and "they can't understand that I'm only trying to save them" and unironically thinks that people from the country they are invading need to stop resisting because it's hurting their widdle feelings.

Seriously, fuck Conquest Corrin. Worst lord ever.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He comes one chapter past the halfway marker in FE7 excluding Lyn Mode, not really that late. That and enemies in FE7 are really weak so him being underleveled doesn't mean too much. I'd critique Isadora's gameplay potential, but somebody rebuked me with reason on her today. As a character, Rath is admittedly stoic, but I'm fine with him, I accept FE will have stoics, at least he's not edgy. Isadora is admittedly a good character though, Midia except with detail, the Mathilda before Mathilda with a husband who can actually fight.

I'd use Rath, solely on the grounds he is a bow horsie in his own actual game. And I like using him in FE7.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Never thought I’d meet someone who think Ike sucks. Neat

There are a number of Ike dislikers on SF, see Glaceon for another. Surprisingly, Silver-Haired Maiden I don't think is one, despite being a Micaiah fan, whose limelight is partly stolen by Ike, her venom lay with Soren. Then again, maybe she bifurcated Ike into PoR like and RD disike, not sure.

Just now, Lemmy said:

Nino banner means I can hope for Renault at least, or the walking meme Denning

I'd love Renault, but I doubt 70% of people are familiar with his great backstory (partly because you have to sit in front of a giant fire breathing dragon for 40 turns to see the last bits of it).

I'm gonna laugh if this turns out just to be Horse Nino while everyone things she'd be on a pegasus for some reason.

Also, potential Pent, Erk, Louise, Canas, Nils. So many good characters from FE7. I can't understand why IS would think they need alts to sell characters from that title of all games. It's really unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Nino banner means I can hope for Renault at least, or the walking meme Denning

This is a message from Lord Nergal: Why am I not in Heroes yet? This is a message from Lord Nergal: Why am I not in Heroes yet? This is a message from Lord Nergal: Why am I not in Heroes yet? This is a message from Lord Nergal: Why am I not in Heroes yet?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are a number of Ike dislikers on SF, see Glaceon for another. Surprisingly, Silver-Haired Maiden I don't think is one, despite being a Micaiah fan, whose limelight is partly stolen by Ike, her venom lay with Soren. Then again, maybe she bifurcated Ike into PoR like and RD disike, not sure.

I wonder, must all Ike fans by default dislike another Tellius character for balance?

Edited by Rezzy

PoR!Ike was pretty interesting. I thought he was well done. Was he a perfect character? No, especially since no such thing exists. But he was pretty good.

RD!Ike, on the other hand? Meh, Mist should've been the Greil Mercenaries side lord, and Ike and showed up in part 4 as an Athos archetype, after having gone wandering around Tellius searching for the Black Knight for a year. Soren being with him optional.

Also, Rath is a stoic guy, but his background suggests that he has a good reason for being stoic. I like him because he's not blaming anyone else for his circumstances, nor is he all "dark" and "edgy" over things that happened in the past. He gives off the aura of a guy who just wants to get what it is that he needs to do over with and put the past behind him.