• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

A couple of weeks ago, I was seriously considering promoting Raven, but decided to hold off since I didn't have any Shanna to fodder. I'm glad I didn't, now.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

More UI clutter

These new red banners in the castle menu are offensive to my eyes.

Best thing of this update for me is accessories. I can't say no to a happy Feh on somebody's head. If only they didn't kick off the update with literally only 2 available items.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

Stout Tomahawk looks like this. Different colored haft and the head is a bit less broad and isn't as decorated.

Weapon_Stout_Tomahawk.png?version=1fbce6

Ah, you caught me before I edited the comment. You’re right, I realized afterwards that it was different.

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I wonder if Linus will at least have a different refine or if it’ll be the same.

Probs the same. No other refinement text was in the datamine besides the three that was shown

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just going to leave this here [DATAMINE]:

Reveal hidden contents

YFILo-xfeFrqh7Ms1FggNg1IkOKQ3ZWrNnk2s-iPDhQ.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=640&s=e9609b2bbadd1f80a9f59dbfba4403c0

Spoiler

If Linus Basilikos isn't a sidegrade like Berserk Armads then he's just an inferior Raven because merge and nature access > whatever a GHB offers

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

These new red banners in the castle menu are offensive to my eyes.

I know, right? If only there was a setting to disable them. After more than a year, I know exactly what each button means. It’s not needed even for new players, given that you can, y’know, tap them to see what they do.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

If Linus Basilikos isn't a sidegrade like Berserk Armads then he's just an inferior Raven because merge and nature access > whatever a GHB offers

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Poor Guy. Still better than Lloyd tho

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

'm glad Merric's refinement remains a flier killing weapon rather than them just giving him Nino's Excalibur.

FE7 Excalibur has no flier effectiveness. Nor does FE1 Excalibur (but 3/11/12 does). That would explain that; make its possible to tank Ursula and Jerme's room in FE7 with Fiora or a different Peg, assuming Pent and Athos are busy elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

A couple of weeks ago, I was seriously considering promoting Raven, but decided to hold off since I didn't have any Shanna to fodder. I'm glad I didn't, now.

Didn't take ya very long to change your avi. It isn't bad, the injured version, it needs more groin exposed, but besides that not bad, helps he has always been shirtless. It's very bad boy, not that I really go for that at all. Still, he seemed to be an honorable guy at heart in FE7.

He was also very stupid if his Res was anything to go by, it's fun berserking him in the final chapter and watching Lloyd kill him on the counter. Any idea of his stats yet?

Also RIP Morph Brendan Reed, your original's son and a totally unrelated Hero stole the weapon you drop in the final fight. You will not be- wait, who are you again?

Spoiler

Live to serve, res tactics and earth dance seal

For some reason Navarre is a TT bonus unit despite it being Blazing Sword themed

Edited by silveraura25

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Where as for me, who got raven within  month of starting the game (almost a year ago now), and refined him at the first opprotunity, linus just got less interesting. even if he theoreticaly has better stats, it will not be worth the dew and feathers unless it is a very different weapon. THat being said, he will almost certainly have good fodder skills. I am also wondering if he comes with a normal 5* weapon. We have so far never had a new character come with one of the retcon weapons, so we don't know if the game will give two 5* options, like it would if you actualy get raven now.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FE7 Excalibur has no flier effectiveness. Nor does FE1 Excalibur (but 3/11/12 does). That would explain that; make its possible to tank Ursula and Jerme's room in FE7 with Fiora or a different Peg, assuming Pent and Athos are busy elsewhere.

Yeah but if you have Merric you'll notice he can take Dark Excalibur which has no flier effectiveness. Leading me to assume he'd be given the next Excalibur as his "refinement".

Another update, another no Barracks expansion.  I'd imagine they must be losing money from whales who don't have a big enough tank to swim in by now.

30 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I wonder if Linus will at least have a different refine or if it’ll be the same.

It wouldn't make sense for Linus since he's a hero, a class with balanced stats, but a stat spread like Ogma's or Barst's would be evil.

Spoiler

Ogma's stats are 47 HP, 35 Atk, 34 Spd, 28 Def, and 13 Res (157 BST). Dumping the BST boost, about 5 points, into defense would give him 33 Def. Linus with double L&D3 would have 50 HP, 61 Atk, 44 Spd, 23 Def, and 3 Res. That's 73 total or 48x2 physical bulk and 53 total or 28x2 magical bulk. You'd need >= 49 speed to naturally double him and he doubles anyone with <= 39 speed.

Alternatively, something like 43 HP, 35 Atk, 25 Spd, 35 Def, and 24 Res (162 BST) would create a Michalis to Minerva situation, but not so great considering what Basilikos does since he'd have his defenses tank with its unique refinement, something Michalis doesn't have to deal with.

Something dumb could be if they give him Bartre's or Chrom's stat spread. Bartre has 49 HP, 36 Atk, 25 Spd, 33 Def, and 13 Res (156 BST) and Chrom has 47 HP, 37 Atk, 25 Spd, 31 Def, and 17 Res (157 BST). Add whatever boosted BST points for Linus. A stat spread like theirs would let Linus abuse having very high attack and HP and decent defense even with unique refine Basilikos's L&D3 and -1 special cooldown. With Brazen Atk/Def or Atk/Spd, Moonbow/Glimmer, and Wrath, he could probably wreck shit easily.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Lloyd looks okay IMO

Pikomaro's work is good, but Lloyd is Pikomaro's weakest work out of the three in Heroes and in general.

Edited by Kaden

53 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

MY MERRIC IS GOING TO BE A MONSTER NOW. MWAHAHAHAHA. 

This is all I've been waiting for. Best. Day. Ever.

Wow you're loving the stat buff next to healer part aren't you? :p

Also apparrently, TT seal includes

Spoiler

Live to serve. Praise more healer buffs!

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Pikomaro's work is good, but Lloyd is Pikomaro's weakest work out of the three in Heroes and in general.

I can hardly believe he did Lloyd when both Charlotte and Linus both look perfectly fine. I just don't get what the hell happened there.

30 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Best thing of this update for me is accessories. I can't say no to a happy Feh on somebody's head. If only they didn't kick off the update with literally only 2 available items.

And then they introduce premium accessories or unlockable accessories from banners and makes big bucks out of them.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It wouldn't make sense for Linus since he's a hero, a class with balanced stats, but a stat spread like Ogma's or Barst's would be evil.

Well if they wanted to reference the game of origin regarding his stats, Linus has these to work with

Spoiler
Linus Hero   HP 45 Str 21   Spd 12   Def 14 Res 12

HP 58 Str 24   Spd 15   Def 19 Res 15
  HP 60 Str 24   Spd 19 0 Def 21 Res 19    

So he is consistently not so Resistant, and also on the slower side of a Hero.

Stats are out. Go to reddit

Spoiler

Karla is new Mia. Nino is so damb fast, but squishy. Legault is so damn fast that I'd take an atk boon for him. Also, he's compensating for his low res with swift strike. Linus is decent and has an high attack, but has okayish speed. Canas is Saias

Edited by silveraura25

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I can hardly believe he did Lloyd when both Charlotte and Linus both look perfectly fine. I just don't get what the hell happened there.

Everyone has a dud? I ranted about this in his GHB thread already, so I'm not going to do it again. Just check out Pikomaro's website: http://rinrin.saiin.net/~pic0/, or look Pikomaro up. For instance, this is the most recent image of a cover art for a manga drawn by Pikomaro.

Spoiler

tumblr_p77wgufJti1qjklrlo1_500.png

Edit: Regarding the datamined stats...

Spoiler

Karla is the second 40 base speed unit and kind of +Atk, -Def Mia, but Mia has Resolute Blade's +3 attack so it kind of evens out, Nino is Nino, Legault is basically +Atk, -HP Gaius, so RIP Gaius even harder, Linus is basically +Atk and +Res, -HP Barst, and Canas is +Res Raigh which makes sense since he is Raigh's great-uncle.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Actually Linus was drawn by someone else. Wrys, Charlotte, and Lloyd were all done by Pikomaro.