Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, but Canas was a popular nerd that most people were looking forward to and you'd think IS would make him good (and summonable) to appease people who wanted him. Was Karla even popular?

Karla did... Pretty meh. Like in the 200s. I guess IS thought Karla would sell better than Canas if they make her a lot like Ayra. Plus she's thick and those thighs *gulp*

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Karla did... Pretty meh. Like in the 200s. I guess IS thought Karla would sell better if they make her a lot like Ayra. Plus she's thick and those thighs *gulp*

So they're basically just taking good-looking female characters who may or may not have even done well because they're playing to people's desires for waifus. Got it. And that's fucking stupid.

EDIT: I mean, if they wanted a good-looking female character on the banner, why not just pick Louise who is actually popular and also pretty (and just as canonically married as Karla)? And maybe put Pent on a banner? There really was no reason this "had" to be Black Fangs themed. And it's barely even that to begin with.

Edited by Sunwoo

Being a bad unit in their source game shouldn't doom a unit to be bad in FEH too though. Neither should being unpopular. Yes, I'd like Canas to be better, but I believe the same of every unit added to the game.

Waifus are the rulers of gacha games. They shouldn’t be, but they are.

Pipe dream but I’m still hoping someday IS will make the TT and GHB units summonable or at least introduce IV rerolling for them at some point.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Being a bad unit in their source game shouldn't doom a unit to be bad in FEH too though. Neither should being unpopular. Yes, I'd like Canas to be better, but I believe the same of every unit added to the game.

I know that. But there's really no logic in making a character that people really liked a lot so ... so meh. Some people are saying he's worse than Raigh because at least Raigh can get natures and be merged. I'm not saying I want Karla to be bad or that she should not be on this banner. I want Canas to be better and for more popular characters to show up faster. There is really no rhyme or reason here.

Linus is pretty good in stats, and he's just as much of a free unit as Canas. So why does Canas have such a mediocre stat spread? Why couldn't they have made him different from the numerous slow red mages we've already had?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I know that. But there's really no logic in making a character that people really liked a lot so ... so meh. Some people are saying he's worse than Raigh because at least Raigh can get natures and be merged. I'm not saying I want Karla to be bad or that she should not be on this banner. I want Canas to be better and for more popular characters to show up faster. There is really no rhyme or reason here.

Linus is pretty good in stats, and he's just as much of a free unit as Canas. So why does Canas have such a mediocre stat spread? Why couldn't they have made him different from the numerous slow red mages we've already had?

It's odd how the quality of GHB units is increasing with them having good base kits and TT reward units are deteriorating in quality

Waifus bring in the big bucks. Plus making Karla OP even helps make people pull for her who otherwise don't care about her or even know who she is.

Or maybe they just hate Canas, since damn those stats. That's just painful to see.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Or maybe they just hate Canas, since damn those stats. That's just painful to see.

I’m going to give Canas GTB and put him against Gunnthrá in arena assault.

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Probably?

You need to invest in Bartre who is one of the worst units in the game, she joins late with shitty bases and is a swordlocked foot unit. Yeah, she's about as bad as the unprompted infantry archers in that game if not worse

Edited by silveraura25

@silveraura25 Bartre.

As for Canas, his stats look like he was designed to keep Raudhrowl+ and be glued to at least two of his allies at all times, since his stats get quite a bit better if you assume that he has all of his allies permanently glued to him for +6 to everything. I could see making him work if you run him with a bunch of Spurs/Drives on his allies. We get a 5-Star of him for free, so maybe I'll force him to work. Try something like Raudhrowl+ [DEF] / Moonbow / Close Counter / Guard 3 / ATK Ploy 3 / Distant DEF 3 Seal and run him with my Marth running a double-Rally, Drive ATK 2 & SPD 2, Genny with Spur DEF/RES 2 and Spur RES 1 Seal, and Airzura with Hagoita+, Earth Dance 3 & Double Drive DEF 2, glue them all to Canas and watch him tank.
I still wish he had better stats tho.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@silveraura25 Bartre.

As for Canas, his stats look like he was designed to keep Raudhrowl+ and be glued to at least two of his allies at all times. I could see making him work if you run him with a bunch of Spurs/Drives on his allies. We get a 5-Star of him for free, so maybe I'll force him to work. Try something like Raudhrowl+ [DEF] / Moonbow / Close Counter / Guard 3 / ATK Ploy 3 / Distant DEF 3 Seal and run him with my Marth running a double-Rally, Drive ATK 2 & SPD 2, Genny with Spur DEF/RES 2 and Spur RES 1 Seal, and Airzura with Hagoita+, Earth Dance 3 & Double Drive DEF 2, glue them all to Canas and watch him tank.
I still wish he had better stats tho.

Woops. Thanks

Also, more casual players, who do only one playthrough of FE7, don't know that Karla exists as she only appears in Hector's tale

Edited by silveraura25

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I hate waifus

LOL

IS seems to make most of the male mages pretty mediocre at best. Rein, H Henry and Arvis are the only ones that really stand out as being particularly good. And Rein being so busted feels rather unintentional on their part.

35 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So they're basically just taking good-looking female characters who may or may not have even done well because they're playing to people's desires for waifus. Got it. And that's fucking stupid.

EDIT: I mean, if they wanted a good-looking female character on the banner, why not just pick Louise who is actually popular and also pretty (and just as canonically married as Karla)? And maybe put Pent on a banner? There really was no reason this "had" to be Black Fangs themed. And it's barely even that to begin with.

I think this is all gacha games.  I think the majority of big spenders are males, and waifu hunters.  Which is why seasonals bring in so much money besides crazy classes and such.  Bunny Kagero in that outfit?  Summer Corrin with her swimsuit exploding when damaged?   

Meanwhile Canas is a dude with a monocle.  Spending a lot of money on him requires you played Blazing sword and liked his character.  Karla has no such requirement.  She is just a super hot Ayra look alike with an exotic eastern themed outfit.  Cha ching.  Oh yeah especially when they see that insane stat spread to top it off.

So Karla, top tier red sword.  Canas, forgettable red mage that does nothing interesting or unique.  

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Setting up all these favorites is kind of tedious, but I'll probably be glad that I did it once the next AA season comes round. Having to dig through my barracks to find the blessing teams I drew up would be a lot of pain without it...

But you can sort by blessing. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

More UI clutter,

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

These new red banners in the castle menu are offensive to my eyes.

I know you guys discussed this hours ago, but: I wasn't a fan of the promotional banner in the castle but those red pennants are just ugly

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Just going to leave this here [DATAMINE]:

[Linus and his weapon picture]

And I promoted and refined Raven yesterday ... 

57 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Hector & Matthew BHB incoming makes me nervous

Uh didn't know about that BHB. Guess @Zeo might be interested (will you let Matthew beat himself the impostor?). 

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

LOL

You laugh, but I really hate the waifu and husbando culture that has become more prevalent not only in FE but in everything generally. Even when people are talking about it jokingly, I find it super cringy and kind of pathetic.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But you can sort by blessing. 

When you have over 60 blessed Heroes, that only takes you so far. It also doesn’t organize the blessed units by the teams I assigned them to. I will definitely be using Blessing sort, but it needs to be in combination with Favorite sort for what I’m trying to do.

Whoa whoa. Hold the phone. Free copies of units. Kaze copies. Also, the notification loads faster so that's nice

Also, book 2 ended

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

When you have over 60 blessed Heroes, that only takes you so far. It also doesn’t organize the blessed units by the teams I assigned them to. I will definitely be using Blessing sort, but it needs to be in combination with Favorite sort for what I’m trying to do.

Ok, that's a little more than my 13-14 blessed heroes + 3 legendaries. 

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You laugh, but I really hate the waifu and husbando culture that has become more prevalent not only in FE but in everything generally. Even when people are talking about it jokingly, I find it super cringy and kind of pathetic.

It can get annoying sometimes but I don't think it's worth taking too seriously. Trying to stay lighthearted dealing with this stuff helps you not get driven crazy.

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I think this is all gacha games.  I think the majority of big spenders are males, and waifu hunters.  Which is why seasonals bring in so much money besides crazy classes and such.  Bunny Kagero in that outfit?  Summer Corrin with her swimsuit exploding when damaged?   

Meanwhile Canas is a dude with a monocle.  Spending a lot of money on him requires you played Blazing sword and liked his character.  Karla has no such requirement.  She is just a super hot Ayra look alike with an exotic eastern themed outfit.  Cha ching.  Oh yeah especially when they see that insane stat spread to top it off.

So Karla, top tier red sword.  Canas, forgettable red mage that does nothing interesting or unique.  

That's a very strange business strategy. As someone who hasn't touch (& not planning to play) Binding Blade, I find it odd that Karla could be consider waifu material since she's married to Barte. Even with that milf schtick & being a femal myrmidon, I still don't what could be make her enticing over the girls in the game.

I wouldn't also say that Canas is forgettable since he's your only Dark Mage. Not mention how much of a game breaker he is.

I say all this as someone who's pretty indifferent to the majority of the cast of Blazing Sword.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh is that a new unit? Havent been keeping up with the game

I was not expecting free copies of units from these maps. That’s actually pretty generous even if it’s just for the fodder. Especially that Kaze.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I find it odd that Karla could be consider waifu material since she's married to Barte.

Some people are really into NTR shit