• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Not a fan of how this turned out. Surtr has gotten boring, and there's no point in dragging out his whole "he's invincible, nothing you do matters" thing this much longer.

I'm guessing Veronica is in some sort of Celica-like state of supposed-to-be-dead-but-can-totally-be-revived-somehow, and whatever method they come up with for rescuing her will break Surtr's new protection. Which could have been done in just a few more chapters rather than a whole other Surtr book.

Based on how they're talking about Hrid, I'm guessing he'll be the Book 3 free unit. Which could suggest he'll also be the next legendary hero, but I'm not certain.

Did I miss the Canas saltfest? 

If my member image is any indication, he's one of my favorite characters in the franchise.  As such, it's so disheartening to see him turn out like this.  Mediocre skills, poor stat line, no merge potential, no IVs.  Raigh was already pretty bad compared to nearly every other red mage, but at least you can sort of salvage him with merges and IV flexibility.  Canas is just depressing.  I was not expecting Canas to be a game changer.  Most of his stats were mediocre, and he didn't excel in any particular area, which tends to not translate well in the Heroes environment.  His claim to fame was being the sole dark magic user (until the final chapter, anyway) in a game where dark magic was quite powerful.  Dark, (or Elder, as he would say) magic was a significant part of his character and heritage, and they couldn't even give him that.  I guess this concept sort of translated with how scarce Rauðrowl is?????  whatever

With how well Linus turned out, I just don't get it.  Just because they're free doesn't mean they have to be garbage.

11 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Is it just me, or has Tap Battle Progress been reset? More specifically the main levels. Rewards are reobtainable too on my end.

The progress has been reset, the rewards are not reobtainable despite the game telling you so. It is a bug, and Intsys has acknowledged it. They will give out compensation orbs in time.

11 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Is it just me, or has Tap Battle Progress been reset? More specifically the main levels. Rewards are reobtainable too on my end.

There's a notification about it.

It sounds like the rewards can't actually be obtained again, even though it says they can. Have you actually gotten any?

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

You need to invest in Bartre who is one of the worst units in the game, she joins late with shitty bases and is a swordlocked foot unit. Yeah, she's about as bad as the unprompted infantry archers in that game if not worse

Oh, no argument. I didn't think there was debate that she was the worst character. At least Rebecca and Wil can help chip occasionally early on.

Anyway, KAZE IN THE SUMMONING POOL! This is awesome :D The free heroes are nice, and I've been needing some reposition fodder.

Well, on one hand, the four heroes are great fodder (TA3, Reposition, Drive Speed 2 and Atk Smoke 3 at 4*). On the other hand, we are missing 5 orbs respect 3 heroes quest I think.

On another note, I'm thinking about starting a topic where we could write/create our own support conversations between characters, since the game doesn't have them. Do you think it's a good idea? Would you like to write/read them? What is the size limit of a post? If I open the topic, it could be necessary to reserve a second post to keep all conversations together. 

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

On another note, I'm thinking about starting a topic where we could write/create our own support conversations between characters, since the game doesn't have them. Do you think it's a good idea? Would you like to write/read them?

I'd really like to see that.

Edited by Arcphoenix

16 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Atk Smoke 3 at 4*

I never really came to the realization until I read this that Atk smoke 3 is available permanently at 4* now. Not to mention Barb Shuriken is also permanently available. That’s amazing.

33 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

On another note, I'm thinking about starting a topic where we could write/create our own support conversations between characters, since the game doesn't have them. Do you think it's a good idea? Would you like to write/read them?

Read maybe, but there's have to be a lot built up before I dive in. I'm more a "binge watching" person anyways.

And I'm a terrible writer. Most of what I write feels simple and unimaginative, sometimes getting very close to self-inserting, but worst of all, and I personally think it shows especially on these forums, half of what I write is improvised.

Canas isn't a great unit in Blazing Sword, he's just a character that benefits from how the game works (everything it's so slow, and the people that can actually endure Magic Atk will be destroyed for Luna)

So guys, is it just me, or is the new story chapter implying that we're definitely going to get the Nifl brother at some point? I do hope he's a legendary hero! Even better if he's a free one. He sounds really cool! No pun intended. XD

1 hour ago, Othin said:

There's a notification about it.

It sounds like the rewards can't actually be obtained again, even though it says they can. Have you actually gotten any?

I have simply because I didn't do them yet before the update.

The compensation is for the ones who played it again.

Nice @Arcphoenix, @Xenomata! I'll try to open the thread as soon as I can during this weekend. Also, improvising is not a bad thing at all!

@NegativeExponents-, yes, Atk Smoke 3 being permanently in the 4* pool means that any unit which has access to Def + Res debuff by weapon can now debuff all stats without sacrificing a precious resource. Now we just need some things such as Oliver or Fallen Takumi added too xD

I am so happy about being able to +10 Kaze since he is a personal favorite unit of mine, and a free Barst makes me happy as well since I have not pulled on in ages and I wanted to build one.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So guys, is it just me, or is the new story chapter implying that we're definitely going to get the Nifl brother at some point? I do hope he's a legendary hero! Even better if he's a free one. He sounds really cool! No pun intended. XD

I think we will get him at some point he does sound neat, I am hoping he is a powerful dagger unit and I really hope he is free.  Finally another male OC who is on the "good guys" side.

Canas' stats are pretty much like Raigh in the game and he does have mediocre speed and bad DEF. Luna was the reason he was so good. 

He exists for those who don't want to invest in a 5-star Raigh.

Without a PRF Luna or Apocalypse this is what Canas is. And he doesn't have lore or memes on his side either. Niime is frail and slow, but has good Mag and Res, so it is not like Canas is different from his mother.

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I think we will get him at some point he does sound neat, I am hoping he is a powerful dagger unit and I really hope he is free.  Finally another male OC who is on the "good guys" side.

I hope he's a bow, axe, or sword unit, honestly. He's implied to be very strong and dangerous, and I feel like a dagger unit wouldn't fit that description as well as someone who had a bow, sword, axe, or lance. Or even a tome. But the sisters have a lance and tome, so it's better if the brother had a different weapon.

But yeah, finally a good guy male OC not named Alfonse. We need more of those and I don't get why IS has been against it until now, kind of.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm getting some Conrad vibes from Hrid. They are building him up to be this super cool character, just to end up entirely bland and pointless. My pessimism stems from the recent quality of the story. I had some hope for Book 2, but we kinda fell back to Book 1 levels of bland: Let's go fight! > obligatory introduction of the new banner units in maps to display a voyage > final battle with enemy of the season > totally anticlimactic battle where one party flees without much problem > "Ill get you next time, Gadget!".

It's really a shame that IS hasn't been able to captivate more than that with their stories lately. Character deaths are super lame without proper buildup Heck, I'm almost missing the Awakening days in that regard, which is pretty sad (not Fates, since that was pure agony of a story). Maybe I should blame myself for expecting more from a simplified phone game, but wasn't Fate Grand Order pretty good with its storytelling (not gonna touch another Gacha ever again)? If yes, why not FEH as well, then?

I hope Hrid doesn't have a sword. Anything but a sword (unless he's a flier, but even then I'd prefer he had a tome than a sword).

As soon as I heard about him, my first thought was Ephraim. Storms the enemy stronghold and gets away again (although he's mentioned to have been wounded, so he at least has some consequence). I do really like Ephraim, though, so it's not a bad thing. I'll be really annoyed if we get him only to have him die, though. It's just pointless. Gunnthra's death was entirely pointless, too.

Wow, Linus now looks better than his brother :O At least he got great art :)

Edited by Cute Chao

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope he's a bow, axe, or sword unit, honestly. He's implied to be very strong and dangerous, and I feel like a dagger unit wouldn't fit that description as well as someone who had a bow, sword, axe, or lance. Or even a tome. But the sisters have a lance and tome, so it's better if the brother had a different weapon.

But yeah, finally a good guy male OC not named Alfonse. We need more of those and I don't get why IS has been against it until now, kind of.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I hope Hrid doesn't have a sword. Anything but a sword

Since Fjorm is blue, Gunnthra is green, and the child is most likely to be a colorless healer, I am calling a Red Bow for Hrid.

He is an OC, and then opened the door for colored bows so it is a perfect opportunity for IS.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Since Fjorm is blue, Gunnthra is green, and the child is most likely to be a colorless healer, I am calling a Red Bow for Hrid.

He is an OC, and then opened the door for colored bows so it is a perfect opportunity for IS.

Red bow flier would be the best (if we couldn't have a tome flier) :D It would tick so many boxes for me lol

Edited by Cute Chao

Hrid as a red bow unit would be good! I'd totally go for that. I just hope he's not an armor. I don't like armors, and if any armors should be added to the game, it should be more of the actual canon ones like Gatrie, Oswin, Gilliam, Kellam, etc. I'm kind of tired of all the seasonal ones we get.

Edited by Anacybele

Red bow would be good and make him a dracoknight and I will think he is a perfect unit since with that I could complete dracoknight emblem.  Just not a sword unit please Naga I don't want more swords for a long time.