Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I suppose BK can get away with hone armor, I don't think he ever got the hone armor boost. Jakob having fortify, I'm not sure how well it'll turn out because I had to have Sheena attack something at close range and I'm not sure if you have the space for a 2-range attack. I could be wrong, though, give it a try replacing Sheena and Effie with Winter Lissa and Halloween Jakob, maybe it'll make a difference. You'll want a green armor to deal with the lance fighter.

Jakob has Close Counter, he can hit stuff at melee range.

My green armor is Halloween Henry, yeah.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Anacybele Grats on the Michalis win, I'm sure you can figure something out for Xander too.

I think you could probably position that right-hand side approach with Robin on top, then BK, then Jakob below him, and then BK will get both March and Fortify. You can then have Robin Swap with BK so he'd be close enough to get into that right-hand hallway, allowing him to safely counter kill those mages and then finish off the sword guy on the next turn. Robin, Henry, and Jakob should be in a decent position to hold off Xander from that point, while providing cover for BK.

1 minute ago, Johann said:

@Anacybele Grats on the Michalis win, I'm sure you can figure something out for Xander too.

I think you could probably position that right-hand side approach with Robin on top, then BK, then Jakob below him, and then BK will get both March and Fortify. You can then have Robin Swap with BK so he'd be close enough to get into that right-hand hallway, allowing him to safely counter kill those mages and then finish off the sword guy on the next turn. Robin, Henry, and Jakob should be in a decent position to hold off Xander from that point, while providing cover for BK.

Hmm. Okay. That might work.

I also need to figure out a flier team strat.

Nope, doesn't work. BK doesn't kill the mages.

Fuck that healer no matter what though. Wtf was IS thinking with her skillset?

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I also need to figure out a flier team strat.

Oof, good luck. I dunno bout you, but fliers are the absolute worst category I have. Almost all of them are slow axe users, and I ended up promoting a Palla (had been meaning to anyway) just to beat this map.

Since then, however, I've lucked out with my girl Grima.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Does anyone have any advice for Lloyd's flier-only challenge?

I forget the map, but I recall having to do a lot of baiting back and forth across the river to split them up into manageable groups.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Nope, doesn't work. BK doesn't kill the mages.

Does he have QR set? I pulled it off with QR2, dunno if QR1 is enough.

14 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Does anyone have any advice for Lloyd's flier-only challenge?

If you struggle, search Phoenixmaster on YT. He's done guides for all of the challenges with common units. Even if you don't have those units, it can give you an idea of what to do :) He goes into some detail about why he's using the units he is, so that you can use substitutes if needed. 

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Those emblem team quests were really easy. The only ones I had trouble with are Horses for Ursula, and Armors for F!Robin, but I solved those in due time

Maybe if you're a whale with all kinds of +10s. Otherwise, I very much disagree.

I can't do any Arvis quests either. Why is this? My units were doing great before, now all of a sudden they're shit.

Though I think Arvis having his special set to trigger right away is very unfair.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No. No one mentioned that he'd need that.

I did on the previous page, but it's no wonder if you missed it cuz there was a lot of things being said by a lot of people. He needs it to take out the infantry mage who is too fast otherwise. Green Tomebreaker 2 might work too, though I dunno if that'll be ok against the sword infantry.

Idk if it helps, but I just tried, and cleared, Infernal with LA!Eliwood, Zelgius, ToD!Henry, and Hardin (none of them are merged).  They have SI, but there are no 5* locked skills on them except the ones they already have in their vanilla builds.

Armored Boots and two upgraded Seals were important for the clear - Distant Defense 3 on Zelgius and Close Defense 3 on LA!Eliwood. You might get away with a lower CD seal but DD has to be on level 3.

That said, I'd need to run a guided run to see the exact numbers on damage given/taken - but it looks feasible to replicate the strategy regardless of Boons/Banes.

If you don't have Zelgius I can try replicating the strat with Black Knight using a mirrored build since BK lacks Fierce Stance (my BK is +1 for reference).

Winter!Robin might be able to supplant Hardin if you don't have him - Hardin's built-in DC wasn't mandatory for the strategy in the end (I thought it would be but nope). That said, before testing with Winter!Robin I'd need to give Winter!Robin some skills and SP grind him.

So it's been a very long time since I last posted here ^^' but hey I'm really excited we finally have Linus. And as such, I'm theorizing what build and refinenment will he use best since he has decent bulk and brazen atk/spd. I dunno if I should give him +spd/ded Basilikos or just LnD with Atk/Def Seal or what. Thoughts?

16 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Idk if it helps, but I just tried, and cleared, Infernal with LA!Eliwood, Zelgius, ToD!Henry, and Hardin (none of them are merged).  They have SI, but there are no 5* locked skills on them except the ones they already have in their vanilla builds.

Armored Boots and two upgraded Seals were important for the clear - Distant Defense 3 on Zelgius and Close Defense 3 on LA!Eliwood. You might get away with a lower CD seal but DD has to be on level 3.

That said, I'd need to run a guided run to see the exact numbers on damage given/taken - but it looks feasible to replicate the strategy regardless of Boons/Banes.

If you don't have Zelgius I can try replicating the strat with Black Knight using a mirrored build since BK lacks Fierce Stance (my BK is +1 for reference).

Winter!Robin might be able to supplant Hardin if you don't have him - Hardin's built-in DC wasn't mandatory for the strategy in the end (I thought it would be but nope). That said, before testing with Winter!Robin I'd need to give Winter!Robin some skills and SP grind him.

I don't have Zelgius or Hardin, so that won't work. I did pull a Hardin once, but I foddered him to Halloween Henry.

I did Arvis with an Earth team, but I still cannot do it with a Wind or Water team. I don't know wtf IS was thinking with this map anyway though. FIVE reinforcements at the same time? And Arvis having his special ready right away? That's way overkill and unfair.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@Anacybele there's tons of f2p and other clear videos on YT for the quests. I generally used those as a base and if things went belly-up, I improvised. Just keep a cool head and don't panic. What armor team are you trying to use and I'll see if i can't work something?

They probably don't use the same units with the same blessings. So they're useless.

Also, I'm not talking about armor quests anymore. I've given up on that right now. I'm trying to do Arvis. These reinforcements are so fucking stupid and ridiculous.

Edited by Anacybele

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have Zelgius or Hardin, so that won't work. I did pull a Hardin once, but I foddered him to Halloween Henry.

I did Arvis with an Earth team, but I still cannot do it with a Wind or Water team. I don't know wtf IS was thinking with this map anyway though. FIVE reinforcements at the same time? And Arvis having his special ready right away? That's way overkill and unfair.

For the heck of it I Yolo'd and tried the strat with BK and Winter!Robin replacing Zelgius and Hardin - I'm happy to report that it worked.^^

What you will need (required skills/seals in brackets):

Slot 1: LA!Eliwood [Goad Armor & Close Defense Seal]

Slot 2: ToD!Henry [TA 1/Armor March]

Slot 3: Black Knight [Steady Stance/Green Tome Breaker 3/Distant Defense 3]

Slot 4: Winter!Robin [Reposition/Armored Boots]

Note: BK must be merged to +1, otherwise Winter!Robin must equip Ward Armor (my BK narrowly survived with 2 HP remaining after knocking out both Green Mages).

As for Boons/Banes, ToD!Henry has Def+/HP- and Winter!Robin has Atk+/HP-. I don't believe a different Boon/Bane should mess with the AI's movement though.

I can screenshot the strat for you if you wish, the breakdown is that Winter!Robin helps set-up BK's position to the right (thus killing both Green Mages). Eliwood and Henry kick back in the middle of the first row - Eliwood to the left, Henry to the right. Next turn, Henry hits the Blue Lance (who is shielding Xander), then Eliwood finish the Lance for good. BK moves to the left and gets Repositioned to safety by Winter!Robin. From there on out it's straight forward to the clear as long as BK keeps himself out of range. ;)

Edited by Tactician_Iris
My phone ate part of Copy/Paste

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Blessings only affect stats if the heroes are sent out with a Legendary of that element, otherwise they're just SP boosts.

...Uh? I'm not talking about that. I just said, I'm doing Arvis which requires elemental teams. Actually read my posts, please.

3 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

For the heck of it I Yolo'd and tried the strat with BK and Winter!Robin replacing Zelgius and Hardin - I'm happy to report that it worked.^^

What you will need (required skills/seals in brackets):

Slot 1: LA!Eliwood [Goad Armor & Close Defense Seal]

Slot 2: ToD!Henry [TA 1/Armor March)

Slot 3: Black Knight [Steady Stance/Green Tome Breaker 3/Distant Defense 3]

Slot 4: Winter!Robin [Reposition/Armored Boots]

Note: BK must be merged to +1, otherwise Winter!Robin must equip Ward Armor (my BK narrowly survived with 2 HP remaining after knocking out both Green Mages).

As for Boons/Banes, ToD!Henry has Def+/HP- and Winter!Robin has Atk+/HP-. I don't believe a different Boon/Bane should mess with the AI's movement though.

Does anyone read posts around here? I am not doing armor quests anymore right now.

I'M TRYING TO DO ARVIS.

I've knocked him out with Fire and Earth teams, but I can't seem to find any way to do it with Water and Wind ones. The main problem is the fucking stupid reinforcements. And Arvis having his special ready right off. This is so overkill.

Edited by Anacybele

Personally, fliers and armors are my best movement types, even without many merges or any particularly fancy inheritance. I did pull pretty aggressively for all the good ones like the mage armors/fliers and Grima, though.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They probably don't use the same units with the same blessings. So they're useless.

You can't be sure of that without taking a look. Didn't you say something similar about Ryoma's LHB? And then it turned out there was something you could work with.

Even if you can't fully imitate them, videos can often be helpful as a starting place for developing your own strategies, by seeing the general paths you might want the battle to take.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh? I'm not talking about that. I just said, I'm doing Arvis which requires elemental teams. Actually read my posts, please.

Does anyone read posts around here? I am not doing armor quests anymore right now.

I'M TRYING TO DO ARVIS.

I've knocked him out with Fire and Earth teams, but I can't seem to find any way to do it with Water and Wind ones. The main problem is the fucking stupid reinforcements. And Arvis having his special ready right off. This is so overkill.

Oh I read them alright - there wasn't anything suggesting to me that you'd given up on Xander's Infernal in your post.

Regardless, you can use the strat at any other time later on - provided you want to ofc.

Just now, Tactician_Iris said:

Oh I read them alright - there wasn't anything suggesting to me that you'd given up on Xander's Infernal in your post.

Regardless, you can use the strat at any other time later on - provided you want to ofc.

Alright, that's fine then.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

So it's been a very long time since I last posted here ^^' but hey I'm really excited we finally have Linus. And as such, I'm theorizing what build and refinenment will he use best since he has decent bulk and brazen atk/spd. I dunno if I should give him +spd/ded Basilikos or just LnD with Atk/Def Seal or what. Thoughts?

Glaefrogs

I do think EP Glimmer build is interesting

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Those emblem team quests were really easy. The only ones I had trouble with are Horses for Ursula, and Armors for F!Robin, but I solved those in due time

Horse Emblem Ursula is the funniest thing mostly because it would be pretty harsh if you run f2p generic godsquad and then you run Brave Roy and just sweep through it and its like snap

Grani Shield Camus is an option but yeah. 

At this point Ursula was much less fun than it used to be since theres much more option for buffstacking