Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope it's the Nifl brother. It'd be a bit odd for him to be a fire hero, but I've seen IS do weirder things in this game.

Maybe Helbindi is the brother in disguise.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe Helbindi is the brother in disguise.

But he referred to his sister by a different name than Ylgr or the other Nifl sisters, didn't he?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

But he referred to his sister by a different name, didn't he?

Did he mention his sister or just that he had one?

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Did he mention his sister or just that he had one?

He mentions someone named "Menja" during his "death" at the end of the chapter, I believe. Presumably that's the name of his sister.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well SD and NM should have done much more to actually give the characters actual personality then, two remakes in a row and only one of them made any effort at all to give the clay dolls fashioned for battle, souls. Also, NM needed to come aboard.

To be fair, NM had no chance at fleshing out its entire cast when that cast had about 77 playable characters if my count is right, with a good portion of them being generic enough to the point that IS probably found it impossible to make them interesting. And I think IS realized that adding in that many characters to FE3 Book II's base cast was a mistake when looking over to Echoes and its grand total of two additions (Cipher folks not withstanding) to its cast.

so push attack/spd on a healer is a nice and safe way to enter other units with 40 hp or less into desperation range via ardent sacrifice. If you have no other option, but then again this was allready an option for firesweep users with fury

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

To be fair, NM had no chance at fleshing out its entire cast when that cast had about 77 playable characters if my count is right, with a good portion of them being generic enough to the point that IS probably found it impossible to make them interesting. And I think IS realized that adding in that many characters to FE3 Book II's base cast was a mistake when looking over to Echoes and its grand total of two additions (Cipher folks not withstanding) to its cast.

You would be correct, though it is 78 with a second Kris.

Now let me for a little fun (because I have to do something other than play Xillia right now- Tales games are such timesinks), see roughly how many characters will probably never see the light of Heroes owing to being "impossible to make interesting".:

Spoiler
  1. Arran
  2. Warren
  3. Cord
  4. Bord
  5. Matthis
  6. Jubelo
  7. Castor
  8. Rickard
  9. Frey
  10. Samuel (formerly known as Samto for those who don't recognize the name)
  11. Wendell
  12. Caesar
  13. Radd
  14. Bantu (As much as he could be Red Breath, he looks like a rotten apple with mold on it; IS can't do anything about Bantu's looks, but IS can do everything to make someone else Red Breath.)
  15. Roger
  16. Etzel
  17. Dice
  18. Horace
  19. Darros
  20. Roberto
  21. Belf
  22. Reiden
  23. Beck
  24. Dolph
  25. Macellan
  26. Tomas
  27. Samson
  28. Frost
  29. Roshea
  30. Vyland
  31. Sedgar
  32. Ymir
  33. Boah
  34. Lorenz
  35. And two villains: Jiol
  36. And Lang

You can question some of my choices, like Bantu, Etzel, Horace and Beck. But notice every single one I put on that list is male. RIP to them all, not that most of you ever even had much life breathed into thee in the first place.

Who then did I leave off this list that isn't in FEH yet? Well:

Spoiler
  1. Male Kris
  2. Female Kris
  3. Gordin
  4. Ryan
  5. Cecil
  6. Marisha
  7. Julian
  8. Yuliya
  9. Sirius
  10. Norne
  11. Phina
  12. Arlen
  13. Malice
  14. Jake
  15. Xane
  16. Astram
  17. Wolf
  18. Shadow Dragon Hardin
  19. Midia
  20. Nagi
  21. Lena
  22. Nyna
  23. Elice
  24. Gotoh
  25. Earth Dragon Medeus
  26. Shadow Dragon Medeus
  27. Gharnef
  28. Eremiya

Which may be subject to my own biases as well. You could certainly shave Astram and Wolf off for instance, probably Xane as well due to issues of how to incorporate the Chameleon.

Adjusting these lists a little, even an optimistic outlook on Archanea should will likely have the "will never be included" list being at least equal to, if not larger than, the "may eventually be included" list. Outside of Thracia and the Subs of Genealogy, this is certainly without equal.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

To be honest, I thought they were scraping the bottom of the barrel with Athena getting added, but both Krises, Julian, and Cecil would be a decent banner, and all of them are popular and/or well known.

17 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

@Rafiel's Aria If I had any artistic talent, then I would've had quite the treat for you or maybe more so for Raven.

qXuYSaJ.png?1

Raven would be very pleased. 

Also, I just realized the levels of discomfort Cordelia (and probably all the mounted swimsuit units) is probably in. I've only ever gone horse riding in jeans before, and depending on the length/intensity of the ride, I still sometimes end up with some very sore thighs. Gotta suspend my level of disbelief, but at the same time...ouch. XD 

Earlier in the thread I seen people mention the next legendary hero being an axe or green tome unit but wouldn't a green dragon be plausible as well? I know IS already released three green dragons in the last six months but I wouldn't put it past them to throw out another one. Though I don't know who else could be a legendary dragon hero outside of Corrin and Tiki since I never expected Robin to be a dragon unit or a legendary (or both at once for that matter).

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To be honest, I thought they were scraping the bottom of the barrel with Athena getting added, but both Krises, Julian, and Cecil would be a decent banner, and all of them are popular and/or well known.

Maybe among the Archanea characters they are, but there’s still well more than enough characters more popular and recognizable than them from the rest of the series that IS could get away with not bothering with those three or Archanea in general for a long time.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Maybe among the Archanea characters they are, but there’s still well more than enough characters more popular and recognizable than them from the rest of the series that IS could get away with not bothering with those three or Archanea in general for a long time.

There were probably be outcry from Marthland fans if they neglected it for too long.  Tellius and Jugdral fans have been pretty vocal, and isn't FE3 one of the most popular games in Japan?

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There were probably be outcry from Marthland fans if they neglected it for too long.  Tellius and Jugdral fans have been pretty vocal, and isn't FE3 one of the most popular games in Japan?

Yeah, I wouldn’t doubt that they’d get restless if they go ignored for too long but they have at least gotten Emperor Hardin and a Marth alt this year. Binding Blade, meanwhile, still hasn’t gotten a dedicated banner so if anyone should be crying foul at this point it’s the FE6 fans.

As for where FE3 stands in terms of popularity, I couldn’t say for sure.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I know nothing of Fates, but I'm half-expecting Xander with Bolverk as the next Legendary Hero.

Only if wielding the Bolverk gives Xander the same gray skintone and ridiculous fluffy curved white beard with a sharp black goatee on top.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hope it's the Nifl brother. It'd be a bit odd for him to be a fire hero, but I've seen IS do weirder things in this game.

Ever heard of Blue Fire? It turns outs the secret to killing Surtr is in a cave sealed by Red Ice.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t doubt that they’d get restless if they go ignored for too long but they have at least gotten Emperor Hardin and a Marth alt this year. Binding Blade, meanwhile, still hasn’t gotten a dedicated banner so if anyone should be crying foul at this point it’s the FE6 fans.

Agreed, give FE6 its due. One order of Perceval-Melady-Sue should do. With a Brunnya or Idunn GHB on the side. And Lugh can be cursed with a TT.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ever heard of Blue Fire? It turns outs the secret to killing Surtr is in a cave sealed by Red Ice.

Then I guess the Askr trio and Nifl siblings better go to the Ice Cavern in Zelda OoT, as that's where they'll find blue fire. :P

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I guess the Askr trio and Nifl siblings better go to the Ice Cavern in Zelda OoT, as that's where they'll find blue fire. :P

Or if they want to be more daring / do things the harder way, find and catch a Reshiram that has its signature move Blue Flare (Blue Fire in Japanese).

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Or if they want to be more daring / do things the harder way, find and catch a Reshiram that has its signature move Blue Flare (Blue Fire in Japanese).

...Yeah, or they could try "stealing" Ragnell from RD Ike. XD Hero of Blue Flames, yo!

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Raven would be very pleased. 

Also, I just realized the levels of discomfort Cordelia (and probably all the mounted swimsuit units) is probably in. I've only ever gone horse riding in jeans before, and depending on the length/intensity of the ride, I still sometimes end up with some very sore thighs. Gotta suspend my level of disbelief, but at the same time...ouch. XD 

That pic seems doable. ? Lucius looks good in girl's clothes.

10 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

That pic seems doable. ? Lucius looks good in girl's clothes.

You spoil me. 

I recognize my hobby has turned into a slightly unhealthy obsession when I receive multiple tags for this kind of thing, and my own boyfriend sends me Lucius x Raven pics when I'm having a bad day. He's a keeper. 

@Rafiel's AriaNah, it's just fun. 

Anyway, now that Clair is only one away from merge (and waiting on that last copy) i'm trying to decide who should be next. I'm thinking a mage. Those I have copies for are Lilina, M!Morgan, Reinhardt, Cecilia, Soren, and L'Rachel. On the physical side I have Titania, Shigure, Cordelia, Camilla, Peri, Kagero, F!Corrin, Nowi, A!Tiki, Chrom, Seth, Mathilda, Lukas, and Caeda. I'd rather not do another lance unit so soon after Clair, and I already have one +10 green mage. So, either a red mage, blue mage, axe or breath unit are what I want to priotitize.