• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Henry happens to be tiered with Tharja, Katarina, and Celica now, by the way.

I'm no Henry fan, but you go boy

26 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I mean, I'm upset that Tana's only alt was wasted on this, but not this upset.

At least Tana's alt is more tasteful than Sanaki's alt.

Even if Sanaki is for a "developer's favorite", I really can't see her getting more than one alt anytime soon since she's really not that high up in popularity anyway.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

CC Candelabra?

Yes and no. Candlelabra is a popular choice, but raudrowl basically does the same thing if adjacent to an ally. Slightly less might, but you can have more stats from him being next to multiple allies. The owltome does have it's restrictions though. It's more like "harder to use, but promises better results"

I'm impressed. Gamepedia ranks Tailtiu higher that bunny Lucina and bridal Caeda. They've seen the light

Edited by silveraura25

People still pay attention to Gamepedia? After about August of last year I rarely give a glance these days aside from looking at the art and VA collections. Their tiering system is unnecessarily complicated and busy, they’re often behind in set recommendations, and they once based a units merit on a single skill. I prefer Gamepress for being more professional and consistent.

I mean, I can understand feeling frustrated when your fave just isn't up to bat or starts falling behind the times *cough*. At times it can even feel like the devs have it out for a specific character (i.e. powercreeping Ny!Takumi two weeks after his release with a much easier avaliable Sothe, or turning F!Takumi into a ghb unit, doomed to mediocrity). Still, at least they can always be useful. I love beating challenges with my faves and feeding top brass units to them in order to get them up to speed. 

21 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Camilla and Kagero aren't really that big.  Camilla is like my size, and being above B isn't exactly rare in the real world.

Sorry this is so late. I hate to keep the boobie talk going, but Camilla and Kagero are certainly DD or larger. Each one is the size of their heads. And at least from my perspective, their outfits seem to be tightly holding them in. If they were unleashed they would probably look even bigger.

It also doesn't help that their cleavage is so visible.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

At least Tana's alt is more tasteful than Sanaki's alt.

Even if Sanaki is for a "developer's favorite", I really can't see her getting more than one alt anytime soon since she's really not that high up in popularity anyway.

Yeah, Sanaki was... meh. But her normal form had off character lines, so I'm not even sure what to think anymore, despite me liking her a lot from Tellius.

I also wrote a story using her bridal gown as a prompt and I love the version of the world I built within it. It doesn't excuse the context or the incident as a whole, but as a Sanaki fan, I can come to accept it in a vacuum.

11 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I mean, I can understand feeling frustrated when your fave just isn't up to bat or starts falling behind the times *cough*. At times it can even feel like the devs have it out for a specific character (i.e. powercreeping Ny!Takumi two weeks after his release with a much easier avaliable Sothe, or turning F!Takumi into a ghb unit, doomed to mediocrity). Still, at least they can always be useful. I love beating challenges with my faves and feeding top brass units to them in order to get them up to speed. 

As long as the unit doesn't have terrible art, isn't limited and isn't 5* locked I can use any unit that I'm interested in building. I'm no Takumi fan, but god do I love using fallen Takumi. His kit, voice and art make me love him to bits. Skadi is such a helpful tool to use for PvE content.

I remember feeding Lancina to Tailtiu for Aether and Sturdy Blow. Worth it. Did the same with feeding Ayra to Soleil. The amount of fast swords and green counters I have is ridiculous.

The only characters the devs have it out for are the launch game units who are considered to be pretty bad even now

Funny to check tier lists after months. While they have not much value for my own style of play, they certainly show how strong some former b/c tier units can be made these days. 

Anyways, there are some surprises (for me):  

• Sanaki and Leo above Celica (and Henry on the same tier)
  • Florina above Shiro (and Lukas)
  • Merric on the same level as Nino
  • Hawkeye and Bartre above Alfonse
  • BB!Cordelia above LA!Roy
  • Both Robins and Matthew below all swords.

35 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I know that pain, trying to invest in Athena while the newer sword ladies completely blew her out of the water is sad. I still planning to make her a merge project later down the line, hoping she gets something special, but that seems unlikely. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Funny to check tier lists after months. While they have not much value for my own style of play, they certainly show how strong some former b/c tier units can be made these days. 

Anyways, there are some surprises (for me):  

• Sanaki and Leo above Celica (and Henry on the same tier)
  • Florina above Shiro (and Lukas)
  • Merric on the same level as Nino
  • Hawkeye and Bartre above Alfonse
  • BB!Cordelia above LA!Roy
  • Both Robins and Matthew below all swords.

Just speculating, but Hawkeye seems pretty good with the dragon meta, while Bartre is a pretty easer counter to armour emblem.

Florina seems good against dragons as well, or just as an anti-mage with DC. Maybe easily mergeable could be a factor.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just speculating, but Hawkeye seems pretty good with the dragon meta, while Bartre is a pretty easer counter to armour emblem.

Florina seems good against dragons as well, or just as an anti-mage with DC. Maybe easily mergeable could be a factor.

Merges are no factor, otherwise BK couldn't be S+. Also full SI is factored in, this means it doesn't matter that Bartre comes with the hammer. 

Most things are explainable, but still surprising since rankings from earlier seasons are still present in my mind. 

41 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sanaki and Leo above Celica (and Henry on the same tier)

She hasn't fallen that far since her introduction :dry: (she really hasn't...sure her prf could use a refine but even just letting her get a stat boost refine would be enough to put it on par with Beloved Zofia (and she likes the extra attack and speed of Ragnarok more than she'd like the defense and resistance of Beloved Zofia). Like an extra effect would be cool but isn't really necessary).

I mean the rest of the ones you listed are also pretty bad but I am biased about this one.

@kirauza343 I wouldn't care too much what's written in that list.

From what I read, Gamepedias Arena tier list focuses on people who play Arena in Tier 19/20, which is exactly where I am (eternal tier 19,5). Regarding that list, my team would be very imperfect. Only tiers A (Roy), A+ (Cherche) and S- (Cordelia). Since I'm not running them with their "optimal" set, you could subtract 1-2 tiers for each unit, perhaps even 3 from Cordelia since melee Fliers get their high rankings from Firesweep only. 

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I know that pain, trying to invest in Athena while the newer sword ladies completely blew her out of the water is sad. I still planning to make her a merge project later down the line, hoping she gets something special, but that seems unlikely. 

Good luck with Athena, I am sure it won't be a waste. I have a similar problem with Sakura. To most people she is just a mediocre infantry healer, but I want to make her good so I am planning to +10 her. It's just hard to focus on when feathers are needed for so much else..

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@kirauza343 I wouldn't care too much what's written in that list.

From what I read, Gamepedias Arena tier list focuses on people who play Arena in Tier 19/20, which is exactly where I am (eternal tier 19,5). Regarding that list, my team would be very imperfect. Only tiers A (Roy), A+ (Cherche) and S- (Cordelia). Since I'm not running them with their "optimal" set, you could subtract 1-2 tiers for each unit, perhaps even 3 from Cordelia since melee Fliers get their high rankings from Firesweep only. 

I usually don't care about them (I mean I use Marisa, who's low on both, as one of my staples), but Gamepedia's list is still...wow.

I don't really use tier lists unless it's to look for units that would appreciate prfs. Suggested builds from the site aren't my thing either (at least from gamepress) as I find most of them to be rather generic and just copy pasted from another unit. You don't see any spicy builds that work with a unit's play style come up in sites like these. One thing I like about gamepress is that users can make their own builds for everyone to see in their profile or a unit's build archive and there's a chart for skill frequency. Sadly the amount of creativity is mostly limited to their base kit. Especially with weapons you'd obviously replace

According to Gamepedia, my arena core is A, A, and A+ (respectively, Marth, Fjorm, and Micaiah). When Fjorm is bonus, Myrrh (an S) joins the team. These two weeks, Nephenee (an A) was on the team as my fourth slot. Tomorrow, it will be Sharena (a B+).

I’m doing quite well.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Sorry this is so late. I hate to keep the boobie talk going, but Camilla and Kagero are certainly DD or larger. Each one is the size of their heads. And at least from my perspective, their outfits seem to be tightly holding them in. If they were unleashed they would probably look even bigger.

It also doesn't help that their cleavage is so visible.

Camilla's is more off a push-up.  If it was tight, the would be pressed more against the chest.  She may be presenting them a bit, but her size alone isn't that out of the ordinary.

I could cosplay and Camilla if I wanted to, but I don't usually wear bras like that.

I've been busy this weekend, so I need to say a few things now xD

First of all, I've been trying to find time to make the Catria - Navarre drawing, but I haven't even had time to finish the sketch -.-

Secondly, wow, this year summer banner is really cursed @mampfoid. I've been pulling every time I reach 220 orbs (so a full pull don't let me under 200) and nothing. At least I'm finally getting some fodder. 4.75% atm. My girlfriend spent 120 orbs only to get pity broken by Ayra (she doesn't care if a unit is good/bad, she just wanted a summer unit, so at that moment she was super salty xD). My friend that plays too (we usually compete for making rare things, like my Niles or his Lukas) got pity broken by Ayra too. I'm just feeling afraid of getting a full red sesion hahaha. I've got 3 sesions without blue: 4* Bartre, 4* Beruka and I don't remember who the third was, only that it was a full grey session (that moment was like rip, I don't like Noire). And when I saw today that Norhian summer was this month instead of July was like 'I can't snipe two banners at the same time'. Free pull I got Summer Corrin (+Hp/-Atk, nothing that Blàrblade+ can't fix), so I've got both flier units I wanted in my free pulls x´D . I think that's to compensate my odisea looking for Summer Cordelia.

I'm not sure how I could contribute to the bust size talk ... 

@Javi Blizz Ouch, sorry to hear that SA!Cordelia makes herself rare for you. Good luck getting her, there is still plenty of time. At least you got a free summer Corrin (mine is -ATK too, doesn't hurt her much), congratulations! 

I've had my share of red pity breakers on this banner too (Leo 2x, Zeglius, Karla), but at least my pity rate didn't get as high as yours before getting SA!Cordelia (vanilla Cordelia was bonus). She is doing quite well in TTs. Gave her Draconic Aura, Reposition and Hone Cav and she still has got 3,500 SP in case I ever need a second Galeforce Lance Cav.