Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

I did decide to check the gamepress tierlist to see what they have at their S+ tier. They have Ayra, Karla, Zelgius, Hardin, Nowi, both Hectors, Grima, Myrrh, and H!Jakob. I agree with all of these, except for Nowi, since I’d say she isn’t as good as she was before, as with the release of Warding Breath, she is outclassed in enemy phase by F!Corrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I did decide to check the gamepress tierlist to see what they have at their S+ tier. They have Ayra, Karla, Zelgius, Hardin, Nowi, both Hectors, Grima, Myrrh, and H!Jakob. I agree with all of these, except for Nowi, since I’d say she isn’t as good as she was before, as with the release of Warding Breath, she is outclassed in enemy phase by F!Corrin

Gamepress>Gaymepedia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@silveraura25 Yeah, I know. Problem is that I would rather merge my Takumis than sacrifice any, considering how rare he is still. If I somehow get hold of a Christmas Tharja I might consider it. Would also need to get hold of a Genny too for wrazzle. It's absurd how rare these skills still are at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Gamepress>Gaymepedia

Distasteful joke aside, I completely agree here. I already stated my reasons for why I dislike Gamepedia on the previous page (which was completely ignored), so I’ll refrain from repeating myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nanima said:

@silveraura25 Yeah, I know. Problem is that I would rather merge my Takumis than sacrifice any, considering how rare he is still. If I somehow get hold of a Christmas Tharja I might consider it. Would also need to get hold of a Genny too for wrazzle. It's absurd how rare these skills still are at this point. 

To think that Wrath at least now has two characters who come with it (Nephenee, Karla), yeah. Dazzling/Wrathful Staff are awfully rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now realizing there is another, totally different site with a similar name to gamepress. How about that.

Gamepress's tier list is alright I guess. The logic gets very muddled when you're mixing concepts like rarity and "how easy to build" in a tier list that also values straight stat differences. My biggest issue with it at a glance is the two tiers difference between Cherche and Bartre. She is literally the same character but a flier and runs an outdated brave build marginally better. Not worthy of two tiers difference in my eyes. Beruka is also criminally underrated when you're valuing access to merges and ease of build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Just now realizing there is another, totally different site with a similar name to gamepress. How about that.

Gamepress's tier list is alright I guess. The logic gets very muddled when you're mixing concepts like rarity and "how easy to build" in a tier list that also values straight stat differences. My biggest issue with it at a glance is the two tiers difference between Cherche and Bartre. She is literally the same character but a flier and runs an outdated brave build marginally better. Not worthy of two tiers difference in my eyes. Beruka is also criminally underrated when you're valuing access to merges and ease of build.

To me Gamepress values new more than old way too much from time to time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

People still pay attention to Gamepedia? After about August of last year I rarely give a glance these days aside from looking at the art and VA collections. Their tiering system is unnecessarily complicated and busy, they’re often behind in set recommendations, and they once based a units merit on a single skill. I prefer Gamepress for being more professional and consistent.

Their tiering system is far more consistent than anyone else's because it's based on actual match-up data and not gut feelings.

What exactly don't you find consistent? I'm actually curious because Gamepedia's makes the most sense to me (especially because they explain almost everything if you keep up with their change log).

 

5 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

they’re often behind in set recommendations,

They're behind on some of their actual build pages (but so is Gamepress), but you can get a sense of what builds they're using in their Reddit posts for the characters that haven't been updated in a long time.

The tiering itself, however, is entirely up to date with the current meta.

 

5 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

and they once based a units merit on a single skill.

You're talking about Def Ploy, and you're exaggerating. Def Ploy helped bump a lot of units up, but it certainly wasn't the only factor in any character's placement. Because their tier list rates characters based on their optimal set regardless of availability, Def Ploy was perfectly valid to be considered in tiering at the time and still is (and is even more so now that it is a Sacred Seal and easily accessible).

 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Funny to check tier lists after months. While they have not much value for my own style of play, they certainly show how strong some former b/c tier units can be made these days. 

Anyways, there are some surprises (for me):  

  • Sanaki and Leo above Celica (and Henry on the same tier)
  • Florina above Shiro (and Lukas)
  • Merric on the same level as Nino
  • Hawkeye and Bartre above Alfonse
  • BB!Cordelia above LA!Roy
  • Both Robins and Matthew below all swords.
  • Cymbeline has Drive Atk on it, giving Sanaki support capabilities, and tome users are more and more expected to need to one-hit kill enemies due to lots of things being built for instant kills on counterattack (Berserk Armads builds being the most obvious). Leo runs the same build as Sophia and Henry (Raudhrowl + Close Counter) with about the same performance as Henry. Sophia is more min-maxed for the build than either of them.
  • Florina actually has impressive match-ups with her mixed bulk build. It's not as physically bulky as Shiro's and Lukas's, but it's bulky enough to still get the job done and it doesn't crumble to magic, which is what holds back Shiro and Lukas.
  • Merric can deal with Fjorm and Effie with his Close Counter build (Ice Mirror can't activate if Fjorm initiates combat, and Close Counter allows Merric to choose which phase he engages Effie based on her build). Nino has a stronger player phase, but has trouble with both Fjorm and Effie.
  • Their tier list is no longer normalized across colors because each color isn't rated for the same things. Each color should now be considered its own tier list in isolation from the other colors.
  • Buffs are capped at +4 to two stats for tiering purposes, meaning no movement type buffs are considered. There's a separate tier list for that. Roy is strictly worse than Cordelia when he doesn't have access to cavalry buffs.
  • Same as the Hawkeye/Bartre/Alfonse comment. Each color is its own tier list.

 

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Sorry this is so late. I hate to keep the boobie talk going, but Camilla and Kagero are certainly DD or larger. Each one is the size of their heads. And at least from my perspective, their outfits seem to be tightly holding them in. If they were unleashed they would probably look even bigger.

How big their faces are, yes. How big their heads are, no. Faces are typically only two thirds the (linear) size of the heads that own them.

 

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Distasteful joke aside, I completely agree here. I already stated my reasons for why I dislike Gamepedia on the previous page (which was completely ignored), so I’ll refrain from repeating myself.

I was writing up my reply, but I had meetings all morning.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't trust either Gamepedia or Gamepress for real build advice, nor Reddit. I'd rather just test builds myself in the battle sim and directly ask for opinions afterward if I'm uncertain about something. The only thing I use Gamepedia for is the wiki to check my IVs with. Tier lists have never seemed worth looking at for this game besides maybe the very first month or two before SI happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which reminds me. I checked Seliph's page around Spring in gamepress. Wasn't updated for his weapon refinement. Or at least the overview

When it comes to building units I just use someone's list of built heroes for battle simulations and see how well they do for certain roles. I really want to build Klein as I've got a nice build just for him that revolves around Refreshing Bolt and ploys

Edited by silveraura25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

I really want to build Clive as I've got a nice build just for him that revolves around Refreshing Bolt and ploys

But Refreshing Bolt is a bow. Or do I not catch your train of thought?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

But Refreshing Bolt is a bow. Or do I not catch your train of thought?

Klein. Whoops. Thanks for pointing it out. Fire Emblem sure loves it's blond sibling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tier lists don't seem to be worth a lot to me outside of knowing which units I'm more likely to find in arena. I'm not in whale armor land so it's nice to know who are the common enemies atm in the 718-730 range).

For builds I used to rely on Gamepress but after seeing the bias they (and Reddit) have towards Blade tomes and Fury+Desperation+Moonbow I just ignore them now. Like seriously, gimping Flying Nino's score just to use the same old cookie cutter Bladetome+Desperation build, I know it nets more kills because "Blade tome OP" but that gets boring fast and Panic Ploy is a very common seal which shuts those builds down. And don't get me started on Eirika, Gamepedia at least has more diverse builds like the Def/Res Link one which is pretty good but Gamepress is still stuck with that crappy Fury+Swordbreaker+Moonbow build which is simply garbage these days (that type of Eirika isn't taking down Zelgius/Ayra anytime soon and neither is she taking down any Sheena/Amelia/Myrrh), like if you want super cookie cutter at least put Luna in there, Moonbow is bad without any kind of damage booster like Wrath or Wo Dao because Eirika doesn't have a high Atk stat so a +6/7 dmg isn't going to improve her at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • Cymbeline has Drive Atk on it, giving Sanaki support capabilities, and tome users are more and more expected to need to one-hit kill enemies due to lots of things being built for instant kills on counterattack (Berserk Armads builds being the most obvious). Leo runs the same build as Sophia and Henry (Raudhrowl + Close Counter) with about the same performance as Henry. Sophia is more min-maxed for the build than either of them.
  • Florina actually has impressive match-ups with her mixed bulk build. It's not as physically bulky as Shiro's and Lukas's, but it's bulky enough to still get the job done and it doesn't crumble to magic, which is what holds back Shiro and Lukas.
  • Merric can deal with Fjorm and Effie with his Close Counter build (Ice Mirror can't activate if Fjorm initiates combat, and Close Counter allows Merric to choose which phase he engages Effie based on her build). Nino has a stronger player phase, but has trouble with both Fjorm and Effie.

Yeah, like I wrote, everything is explainable (bearing in mind the logic of this list). Those were just some ratings I still don't realize when checking my own units. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • Their tier list is no longer normalized across colors because each color isn't rated for the same things. Each color should now be considered its own tier list in isolation from the other colors.

I meant Spring Alfonse. He misses only 1 BST against Hawkeye and Bartre, has got better offensive stats (at the cost of bulk) and a bigger movement radius. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • Buffs are capped at +4 to two stats for tiering purposes, meaning no movement type buffs are considered. There's a separate tier list for that. Roy is strictly worse than Cordelia when he doesn't have access to cavalry buffs.

If you consider Firesweep as the most important set (Tier lists tend to do that), then this is true. SPD is the only discipline where Cordelia is better (style is a close call though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, like I wrote, everything is explainable (bearing in mind the logic of this list). Those were just some ratings I still don't realize when checking my own units. 

Yeah, I was just writing them out in case people were curious.

 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I meant Spring Alfonse. He misses only 1 BST against Hawkeye and Bartre, has got better offensive stats (at the cost of bulk) and a bigger movement radius. 

I forget he exists.

Part of it is definitely the fact that Hawkeye and Bartre are rated based on their enemy-phase builds where Hawkeye's huge mixed bulk shines and Bartre is literally just Ike without Urvan.

His offenses are actually pretty comparable to Legion's, and his greater movement range is hindered by trenches and trees (I'm pretty sure Gamepedia considers cavalry to have comparable mobility to infantry due to many of the newer maps having tons of trenches).

 

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If you consider Firesweep as the most important set (Tier lists tend to do that), then this is true. SPD is the only discipline where Cordelia is better (style is a close call though)

I have a feeling they use Firesweep Bow on Cordelia and Brave Bow on Roy. Cordelia hits harder, but isn't guaranteed to hit twice. Roy is guaranteed to hit twice (and no more than that because of his abysmal Spd), but doesn't hit as hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Yeah, Sanaki was... meh. But her normal form had off character lines, so I'm not even sure what to think anymore, despite me liking her a lot from Tellius.

I also wrote a story using her bridal gown as a prompt and I love the version of the world I built within it. It doesn't excuse the context or the incident as a whole, but as a Sanaki fan, I can come to accept it in a vacuum.

I guess despite her assumedly being a "developer's favorite" for appearing as the first Tellius unit and Tellius seasonal, people writing her lines really don't understand her character at all. Also, I'll have to read that story when I have more time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- I merged my extra Lenes to make her +2.  I can't ever see safeguard sword being better than slaying edge, I could have given firestorm dances to PA Olivia and PA Inigo who have somewhat worse versions but whatever.  

- I do use gamepress/gamepedia a lot, not to copy builds but to just check out what people do.  Sometimes there are things I never thought of and such.  As far as the tier lists, I admittedly use it a bit in deciding if to promote units for 20k feathers.  I also may pull for units who are S+ tier just cause they are that strong.  

- Boobs.  They are a natural part of the female body I don't think it is something people should shame regardless of size.  I think Fire Emblem females come in all sizes in that regard, so it isn't like there are only giant chested women or small chested women.  In fact many of them seem medium size.  

-Legendary hero prediction.  I think it could be Hrid, it could also be Hector with Wolf Beil (maybe on a horse for some crazy nonsensical reason), could also be Lewyn for Judgral representation, or it could be Veronica.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hector on a horse with the Hectorcopter animation FTW. Make it happen IS XD

Edited by Karimlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're using Galeforce as a special, go on ahead. That sounds awesome! sorry for the lame suggestion lol

Edited by Karimlan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Got a spare Mia from the summer banner. Feed her to Swimdelia with a firesweep?

Flashing Blade is infantry and armor only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Flashing Blade is infantry and armor only.

Oh. Well...poop. That would've been amazing...guess I'll have to hope for a spare PoR!Ike. *pout* Guess I'll wait for the next fast infantry/armor that catches my attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...