Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Grand conquests start today.

You're right, on the other hand, we don't have more news about the Legendary Banner (but I guess GC is enough, it's a generous event) 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'm still unsure if to go double vanilla Cordelia or S!Chrom (no vanilla Chrom/M!Robin at 5*). 

What are stats to people with the perfect hairstyle? 

Have a Selena? Daughter and 3 moms emblem?

strange how the news doesn’t announce grand conquests starting today. They should have GC home screen log-in bonuses to make it more visible (and something for people to look forward to)

10 minutes ago, Kozac said:

You're right, on the other hand, we don't have more news about the Legendary Banner (but I guess GC is enough, it's a generous event) 

Legendary banners are nothing to worry about. The game can live quite a while without even more unnecessary alts.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Legendary banners are nothing to worry about. The game can live quite a while without even more unnecessary alts.

That's true, however, i'm curious to see if the next L ! Hero will be an OC. 

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

strange how the news doesn’t announce grand conquests starting today. They should have GC home screen log-in bonuses to make it more visible (and something for people to look forward to)

Hopefully, I remember it starts.

Tactics Emblem is insane...I'd hate to see how cheesed it'd be if I had Spd Tactics in my team. Running Lucina+5, F!Robin+3, Camilla+5, and Clair+10 (finally got that last one!). Lucy has Atk Tactic and Camilla and Clair have the Def and Res Tactic seals. With Robin acting as the Drive bot, it's nuts.

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Have a Selena? Daughter and 3 moms emblem?

I like Selena, but she never surpassed the role of TA2/Reposition fodder in my barracks. 

Meanwhile I'm getting a lot of match-ups without actual bonus units in regular arena (i.e. Nephenee +0, Fir +10, Est +10, Nino +10 for a score of 712)? I thought that was only possible in AA?

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I like Selena, but she never surpassed the role of TA2/Reposition fodder in my barracks. 

Meanwhile I'm getting a lot of match-ups without actual bonus units in regular arena (i.e. Nephenee +0, Fir +10, Est +10, Nino +10 for a score of 712)?

You dastard. I am building one of the Selenas (this one is a provisional measure until I get an Atk/HP; this one is Def/Spd):
Screenshot_20180626-152152.png
She blows stuff up. I wish I had a spare Brave Ike or a dozen.

Nephenee was a bonus in the previous rotation. Those people you fought likely haven’t adjusted their teams yet.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nephenee was a bonus in the previous rotation. Those people you fought likely haven’t adjusted their teams yet.

Yeah, but I would assume their score halved due lack of bonus unit in regular arena. 

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You dastard. I am building one of the Selenas (this one is a provisional measure until I get an Atk/HP; this one is Def/Spd):

*gasp* My honor. 

Swords and especially infantry swords are crowded. Hard for everyone to surpass Roy and Caeda. Infantry swords have cool units like Marissa and fallen Celica. I'll wait for a refinement before to promote my +SPD/-HP copy of Selena, or even better the Awakening version of her. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, but I would assume their score halved due lack of bonus unit in regular arena.

Well yeah, it is halved. Yours isn't.

EDIT: Defense score calculation is a black box that as far as I know hasn't been unlocked yet. Certainly the wiki at least says that the way the score is calculated hasn't been determined yet.

Edited by Humanoid

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well yeah, it is halved. Yours isn't.

I thought it was more or less common knowledge that defense wins with halved score come from AA. Not that it is very important, but I haven't met one of the new summer units yet, which makes me a little sad. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I thought it was more or less common knowledge that defense wins with halved score come from AA. Not that it is very important, but I haven't met one of the new summer units yet, which makes me a little sad. 

I'm not quite following the issue at hand. You do normal arena, face an enemy team worth 712 points. If you win, you get 712 points. If you lose, they'll get 300 points-ish. The scores don't have anything to do with each other (or technically they do, minimally, in terms of getting matched up in the first place).

The 712 is calculated from the value of their team (and we know exactly how it's calculated), the 300 points will be calculated from the value of *your* team (but we don't know the exact formula).

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I'm not quite following the issue at hand. You do normal arena, face an enemy team worth 712 points. If you win, you get 712 points. If you lose, they'll get 300 points-ish. The scores don't have anything to do with each other (or technically they do, minimally, in terms of getting matched up in the first place).

The 712 is calculated from the value of their team (and we know exactly how it's calculated), the 300 points will be calculated from the value of *your* team (but we don't know the exact formula).

The thing is, I don't know why, but I always assumed already the match-ups would be made calculating the score also with bonus factor. Thus in higher score ranges it would be impossible to meet defense teams without bonus units in regular arena. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

The thing is, I don't know why, but I always assumed already the match-ups would be made calculating the score also with bonus factor. Thus in higher score ranges it would be impossible to meet defense teams without bonus units in regular arena. 

That would have a horrible side effect. Imagine a whale sets a full strength team without a bonus unit. Some poor newbie with a team full of 3-star units that aren't even level 40 but including a bonus unit might end up being matched up against the whale... ouch.

9 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

RNG sure is something. Of the 10 regular Cordelia's that I've pulled, 6 of them have been -Spd. 

Of the 8 Inigos that I have pulled, all 8 of them are either -HP or -Atk.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

It is still bad. The healers are still there, you know. Azama never went anywhere.

On the other hand, colorless has the largest number of 3- and 4-star characters that I actually want to get.

• Red: Palla (Moonbow), Selena (Reposition)
  • Blue: Shanna (Desperation), Jagen (Fortify Cavalry, looking for a new merge base)
  • Green: Barst (Reposition), Gunter (Hone Cavalry)
  • Colorless: Klein (Death Blow, Quick Riposte), Sothe (Life and Death), Legault (Atk Tactic, is new), Kaze (Barb Shuriken, is new), Nanna (looking for a new merge base), also looking for merge bases on a lot of the staffies

I just realized we don't have a dedicated thread for Grand Conquests?

The Armor boost nodes are the best. Marching in with 8× Ward Armor and a full squad of Distant Counter armors and not having to run Armor March or Armored Boots at all is too much fun.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just realized we don't have a dedicated thread for Grand Conquests?

We used to have a thread for the very first installment, but no one seemed to care about it. Shows how enjoyable the mode is.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

We used to have a thread for the very first installment, but no one seemed to care about it. Shows how enjoyable the mode is.

I guess Zerg Emblem mode is still Zerg Emblem mode.

I missed the talk about CYL. Well, I'll say it anyway. The unit I picked was Roy, because he was my favourite of the four and it meant I avoided red hell, which wasn't as bad back then but already pretty bloated. I pulled for Lyn and Ike, and I ended up getting them quickly, although Lyn is annoyingly -Spd. I never bothered with Lucina, but she ended up being a freebie pull recently, so I got them all in the end :D

As for GC, my attitude towards it is still bleh. It's just a slog that I don't find fun and only play for rewards. Oh well, at least they are trying new things in this game. Hopefully they have more fun things around the corner...

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

As for GC, my attitude towards it is still bleh. It's just a slog that I don't find fun and only play for rewards. Oh well, at least they are trying new things in this game. Hopefully they have more fun things around the corner...

Still hoping for some sort of Battle Arcade-style chain challenge mode.

I just put auto battle on half the time, and I only get slightly mad when they go straight for the big fortress when the smaller ones are literally unguarded/suicide right into the enemy.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Still hoping for some sort of Battle Arcade-style chain challenge mode.

I just put auto battle on half the time, and I only get slightly mad when they go straight for the big fortress when the smaller ones are literally unguarded/suicide right into the enemy.

I put it on autobattle because I find it so tedious. Same with RD. Good thing about the latter is that you only need to get some of the forts and 20 bonus points to win. GC, you can't even do that. I never get all the prizes but honestly, I'm just not motivated enough to really try for that last orb, which is the only game mode I have ever felt like that about -.-