Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn, Wil, and Guy. It doesn’t help that he goes all Navarre on all three of them with those ellipses. If you want to add something to a character, then have him say something and not stay silent all the bloody time like a douchebag edgelord self-insert of a third-grader.

Lyn gets characterisation in Rath’s support. Wil gets characterisation in Rath’s support. Guy gets characterisation in Rath’s support.

Rath gets “…” and “… …”. Endless depth of character, right there. Bravo. Bench is forward and to the right.

Navarre is worse, much worse. He has no real backstory to explain his killing edginess. Rath at least explains he was forced out of the Kutolah left to wander on his own alone at the age of three for the sake of fulfilling a prophecy, which sounds like it foretold Nergal's plans to summon Fire Dragons. He also comes to awkwardly laugh in his Wil support, so he has kernel of normal casual humanity beneath the surface.

I understand there will be stoic people out there, not everyone is a social butterfly. But overuse of ellipses is not the best way to handle them. Ulki is rather dull and stoic, but he doesn't do the "..." at least. And then there is Volke, who clearly hates being with other people, but has a much superior vocabulary and attitude, one that is slightly on the fun side actually.

Also, on Japanese love for ellipses, while we're on the topic.

FE7 pairing? Well mine are:

EliwoodxLyn, they could just end up being good friends, but at the same time the support is a fair prelude to romance. I don't particularly like Ninian, she is too tropey. FioraxEliwood, well like attracts like, and I can see the appeal, but this NinianxEliwood without the plot relevancy and is therefore vanilla to the point salt is spicy.

Hector... well I have two picks:

• HectorxSerra isn't actually a paired ending, and I'm by no means a Serra fan, but the support makes me pity her and Hector by Elimine should be able to make her the nobility she so badly wants to be! Serra despite being a cleric can marry one of three other guys too. The one reason I don't think HectorxSerra is possible is because as is Eliwood as is has three marriage endings, and they wanted to maintain symmetry between the two male lords (Lyn on the other hand has four paired male endings and Florina), and unfortunately, Eliwood only has three female supports, so unless you want EliwoodxMarcus or Lowen (or Harken), then HectorxSerra can't happen.
  • HectorxFarina is my choice of Hector's actual options. I just prefer Lyn with Eliwood, and out of pity I'd rather give her if not to Eli, then to Rath, or maybe even Kent over Hector. Of Hector's other two choices, there is ZERO development of a such a relationship between Florina and Hector in their support that one could reasonably see the leap into marriage. Farina is better, and I like her personality and appearance, but the support still falls just a little short of being a sufficient prelude to love, Farina needs to be seen trusting Hector a little more.

Getting to a non-lord character. RebeccaxWil. While RebeccaxLowen has her and her knight in not-shining armor, which is a little funny, it has nothing on Wil and Rebecca having a childhood friendship shared with 'becca's missing brother. Although not a paired ending, RebeccaxRaven isn't bad, but I think the reason it doesn't end in marriage is because Raven sees Rebecca more like a sister.

NinoxJaffar of course. NinoxErk, well is it a prelude to romance? Not really, like EirikaxSaleh, it's more a romance-free mentor-pupil relationship. Erk and Priscilla can go together, plus it elevates Erk into Etrurian nobility, so he can stay in close proximity of his teacher even after their time together is over.

As for Serra's other choices, just no to giving Erk to HER. Oswin is probably the best. Matthew can die unmarried, because Serra is pretty shoddy replacement for Leila.

Farina outside of Hector, well her and Dart together seem fun! And then that frees Fiora for Kent. Sain sadly will just have to join Gatrie in the "casanovas who never to death find what they seek" club.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then there is Volke, who clearly hates being with other people, but has a much superior vocabulary and attitude, one that is slightly on the fun side actually.

See, you don’t need to shower us with ellipses to show that you aren’t keen on talking. There are other ways, exemplified by characters with actual personalities, unlike Mr Three Lines of Character we’ve got here.

We were close to learning Navarre’s backstory in the anime… but it ended so abruptly without explaining anything. Who was that woman?

Idk bout y'all, but the laconic edgesword that is Navarre is actually my most favorite person, though that's prolly cause I'm old-fashioned and don't mind being shallow. For me, its the mystery behind him that makes him cool in my eyes, along with his reputation. *shrug*

I mean, I wouldn't have minded if Rath got more characterization, but I'm perfectly fine with his character. We learn enough about his backstory in his support with Lyn to at least know why he is the way he is. He's just doesn't come off as the type of person to angst about a past he seems to have mostly put behind him. His supports with Guy and Wil show that despite not being good with people he's not going to chase them off with "go away" or by being mean. For the most part, he doesn't seem to mind them being there and grows to like their presence enough.

Being overly silent isn't a sign of an edgelord either, it's a sign of someone who vastly prefers listening and observation to words. I had a friend like that, who was so quiet that I often forgot he was there in large groups, but I'd never think he was an "edgelord" for it. Some people are just deliberately aloof. You don't have to like a character like that, it's fine if you don't. But that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with their character just because you don't like it.

EDIT: Rath is also implied to have grown up alone, without much human contact. There is no evidence to suggest Volke grew up alone in a similar way. A person who grows up alone without human contact is much less likely to have a huge vocabulary.

Edited by Sunwoo

My attempt at making up for my S!Cordelias attack bane:

Spoiler

tumblr_pb3ofpKFAP1ud7w8eo3_540.png

tumblr_pb3ofpKFAP1ud7w8eo1_400.png

With cavalry buffs she can hit 62 Atk on player phase. 66 in the current Arena season.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Since there is nothing to do anyway, I'll start all over again:

GaGnrd8.png

Call me crazy, but I played a new file to get copies of S!Innes. I played all story maps, completed most of the chain challenges, did all orb quests, and completed all of the orb maps for Blessed Garden. I didn't get a lot of 5*'s, but at the end, I received 6 copies of Innes and 3 copies of Tana from the banner plus some more. Now he's just around for Grand Conquest and Rival Domains in my main file. ; u ;

Yeah that Kent facepalm is hilarious. lol One of the few moments where I liked him. :P Otherwise, I thought Sain was way funnier and more interesting. Also hotter.

So, I'm still indecisive about the female Grima Robin I pulled. I dislike Grima a lot, and this Grima Robin is +Atk, -Spd. So I don't know if she's even viable with this since -Spd makes her pretty slow. But someone told me female Grima Robin could be helpful in flier teams and in Robin infernal. I just don't know if the one I pulled would be helpful enough even with -Spd.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I'm still indecisive about the female Grima Robin I pulled. I dislike Grima a lot, and this Grima Robin is +Atk, -Spd. So I don't know if she's even viable with this since -Spd makes her pretty slow. But someone told me female Grima Robin could be helpful in flier teams and in Robin infernal. I just don't know if the one I pulled would be helpful enough even with -Spd.

The nice thing about female Grima is the fact that you can pretty much always find some build that works out.

She's still fast enough, and you can mitigate the loss with Goad Fliers or Hone Fliers, but -Spd means you can ignore having to sift through her player-phase options and just go for a straight enemy-phase build.

She can run (Expiration, Moonbow / Glimmer, Dragonskin, Quick Riposte, Close Def / Distant Def) rather well pretty much regardless of her nature.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The nice thing about female Grima is the fact that you can pretty much always find some build that works out.

She's still fast enough, and you can mitigate the loss with Goad Fliers or Hone Fliers, but -Spd means you can ignore having to sift through her player-phase options and just go for a straight enemy-phase build.

She can run (Expiration, Moonbow / Glimmer, Dragonskin, Quick Riposte, Close Def / Distant Def) rather well pretty much regardless of her nature.

Yeah, I thought about the flier buffs as well as just ignoring player phase options and going with enemy phase ones. I guess a build like that would work well enough. Though I lack QR fodder atm...

50 minutes ago, Aera said:

Call me crazy, but I played a new file to get copies of S!Innes. I played all story maps, completed most of the chain challenges, did all orb quests, and completed all of the orb maps for Blessed Garden. I didn't get a lot of 5*'s, but at the end, I received 6 copies of Innes and 3 copies of Tana from the banner plus some more. Now he's just around for Grand Conquest and Rival Domains in my main file. ; u ;

Nothing crazy about trying to get your favorites. That amount of Innes and Tana makes me a little envious. Besides a lot of red pity breakers (without having a really high pity rate to be honest) and one perfect SA!Cordelia I didn't get much Summer from this banner. 

You could use your second account for some special themed clears of GHB and BHB maps. Innes and Tana are pretty good. 

I didn't start a new file though, I just wanted to replay the story with some unused units. Now I see that my plan has some flaws. Normal story chapters are balanced for 2*-3* units, but hard and lunatic difficulties don't show the story cutscenes. 

Raven and Sothe are pretty broken even on lunatic difficulty where in the first story chapters most enemies don't have many skills. Subaki has got some good art, I like this dude. Leif is just the Sword guy here, can't say much about him yet. 

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

After I wake up in about 8 hours I'll have enough stamina to reach tier 25 in GC

Just reached 25 some minutes ago. Too bad one orb is not enough to summon. 

On the other end, you have me and my only being at Tier 14. I haven't even bothered to use any of the naturally built up stamina today, though that might have everything to do with me being too busy with Crash N Sane Trilogy to care about another blah GC.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Just reached 25 some minutes ago. Too bad one orb is not enough to summon. 

LOL ME

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

How did you guys get to tier 25 already? I'm just short of reaching 23.

Do all quests for conquest swords, wait for swords, use swords immediately after obtaining for tier rewards. I'm like 24.5.

I'm waiting for the final hour to dump all my stamina refills. 

I hope we get the next refines announced today. I have 200 dew saved up and just waiting to see if any of my faves will be getting refines next

50 minutes ago, Aera said:

Do all quests for conquest swords, wait for swords, use swords immediately after obtaining for tier rewards. I'm like 24.5.

I think I did that for the most part, except for one day where I realized that unlike stamina the conquest lance meter doesn't refresh just because you start a battle if you don't finish it. But considering I just hit tier 23 now, I don't think it would've gotten me into 25.

Are your Grand Conquest battles done on infernal with perfect scores? I'm doing lunatic with perfect scores only sometimes.

Infernal with most of the time not capturing the 3hp base though I found out that emblem teams get a buff. I started to get a few perfect scores, but the bonus discovery was last minute.

45 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think I did that for the most part, except for one day where I realized that unlike stamina the conquest lance meter doesn't refresh just because you start a battle if you don't finish it. But considering I just hit tier 23 now, I don't think it would've gotten me into 25.

Are your Grand Conquest battles done on infernal with perfect scores? I'm doing lunatic with perfect scores only sometimes.

I've been doing Infernal, but I noticed that my recent autobattles have been getting pretty bad. I don't want to attribute to the cavalry bonuses, but it might be because of it. I don't have any cavalry in my brigades, and I notice that my enemy has a lot of them.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I realize this is a bit late but! My Grima is also -spd (+def instead of atk though) and she has seriously been such a fantastic addition to my flier team (you can even see her in action in my infernal Ryoma clear). The build @Ice Dragon suggested is almost identical to what I run (though I use Bonfire instead) and really the -spd isn't the worst thing in the world when you add flier buffs. A hone plus a goad puts her at 42, a pretty safe speed for avoiding doubles and her decent to nice defensive stats make her fairly durable (plus she's not weak to archers). She'd definitely prefer an enemy phase build, but considering there aren't many other fliers that can run one well (and none of the others come with a distant counter weapon besides Ryoma) that's not a bad thing.

Also: her blessing that she gives is speed, which synergizes really well with flier teams during earth season.

Horse rounds are the easiest to get perfect scores on. Guaranteed doubles and +4 to all stats? That's just asking for a clean sweep, even on infernal. 

I don't really understand those who don't use the boosted emblem teams aside from those who weren't aware or don't have enough units, as it's the easiest way to get perfect scores.