• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

We'll have to wait for the event calendar. Though now we know they leave hints. Hector and the Hoshidan BHB was one such example

35 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Horse rounds are the easiest to get perfect scores on. Guaranteed doubles and +4 to all stats? That's just asking for a clean sweep, even on infernal. 

I don't really understand those who don't use the boosted emblem teams aside from those who weren't aware or don't have enough units, as it's the easiest way to get perfect scores.

My problem with cavalry rounds is the fact that if I don't pay close attention to what my horses are doing, the round can very easily end without the 20 kills necessary for a perfect score.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

How did you guys get to tier 25 already? I'm just short of reaching 23.

Use all rebuilt stamina and clear all quests. Then I'm using emblem teams (first armor, then Cavs depending on the bonus) on infernal. Auto mode gives me 10-11k each fight with 8x boost, I capture the enemy fort only few times but usually all camps. 

Also choose maps your team does well (armors like forests, Cavs don't, Fliers like mountains and water). 

Titania, Nephenee and Katarina refine. Two are 5 star exclusives. Yuck

Oo. You can turn off battle BGM. And maps can be restarted

Edited by silveraura25

Oh cool! Katarina, Nephenee, and Titania. Titania is pretty good with Emerald Axe, but Draconic Poleaxe... I wonder if it's effective against dragons and horses? XD I use Nephenee and Titania quite a bit...so I'd be interested in probably upgrading both of them. Katarina I don't use as much, but I definitely feel like she's a unit who deserves a nice upgrade. And Eldigan gets a refine too!

But I've gotta' upgrade Eirika. XD ...too many weapons. Thankfully, I'll have enough dew for 2 or 3 upgrades by time the update hits.

Also still don't like GC, but it feels really nice to be the team that gets crushed only to come out and crush both teams during the final round of combat. *rolls in feathers*

Can't say I'm very enthused by the update. 3 5*-locked units, 2 of which I don't have, isn't the best refine lineup. Plus Eldigan's is just getting Ares' sword as expected, so it's really just 3 new refines. Titania getting something sounds nice, though. If it's good maybe I'll actually promote her.

Not much meat to this update, but at least the new little mode means a few more free orbs.

Draconic Poleax. The draconic part is weird. I do think she'll get double effectiveness, but I'm not sure about the refinement.

Oh and IS. Why give Neph a buff? There are like worse lance users in the game that could've used it like Mathilda, Sully, Subaki, etc. Whatever.

I noticed that there aren't any refines for older weapons except Mystelltain. Noooo

Edited by silveraura25

Bugger, I only just merged my 5* Titania into my 4* project, now I'll have to raise another. 20k feathers wasted. Always a risk with these projects, but the vast majority have paid off and are my best units, so take the bad with the good I guess. Disappointed there's still no refine for gem weapons now that they're being actively superseded, makes me very wary about starting a project like Palla or Oscar.

Also recently refined Raudrowl too, but that's not much of a loss.

Other than that it looks a pretty skinny update. I get the point of Tactics Drills but the reality is that if I don't solve them immediately, I probably will go for a walkthrough because orbs > pride & accomplishment.

P.S. Ended this GC battle with 1 territory. *sigh* I know it's only 900 feathers less than average but that's an arena defense right there.

P.P.S. I rushed all my June quests... then realised there's still one more day to do them. Oops.

Edited by Humanoid

I'm actually happy for Katarina because for me she has nothing really special  except her speed and weapon. Maybe this refine may push me to create a new set for her. Also, any ideas of what it could be for the effect ? 

Still no refines for Celica or Tana, eh.

I do have Katarina but I'm not sure if her prf can top a bladetome.

Tactic drills actually sounds really fun and solves the problem of players using supermerged units to cheese stages

Edited by Korath88

I wonder if Canas getting the red Owl tome was to prepare/forshadow Katarina's new weapon?

Well either way, will be interesting to see what the new weapon does- I have no clue from the generic name.

If Titania's weapon is effective against dragons (or maybe, ignore buffs or something) then I might 5 star her soon.

3 minutes ago, Kozac said:

I'm actually happy for Katarina because for me she has nothing really special  except her speed and weapon. Maybe this refine may push me to create a new set for her. Also, any ideas of what it could be for the effect ? 

I'm calling it now. Chill spd because IS wants the best weapons and skills behind 5 star exclusivety

The localization team seems to want to constantly remind me of why I dislike Fire Emblem's localization teams (except Blazing Sword's).

• Reese's Tome in Japanese is カタリナの書, "Katarina's Tome".
    • I guess they ran out of space.
  • Draconic Poleax's name in Japanese is 傭兵団の戦斧, "Mercenary Band's Poleax", but with "poleax" using the word for Radiant Dawn's poleax weapon series.
    • I'm assuming the "draconic" in the English name implies that it's effective against dragons, otherwise why the fuck would they bother to name it as such.
    • I'm not convinced that "poleax" refers to the cavalry-effective weapon due to the Japanese name.

31 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Rezzy @Vaximillian Titania's Draconic Poleaxe hype :O

RIP Gerome whom I killed for his poleaxe. Another 20k retroactively wasted.

@Ice Dragon: FE10’s blade analogues for axes were called poleaxes without any cavalry effectiveness.

Edited by Vaximillian

Guess this means I will finally have to Update Friends so I can get @Rezzy's changes. Shame since there are people on my list who've swapped out great builds for crap ones on the units I borrow.

Was really hoping for something for female Corrin and Lyon, but I'm glad Titania gets a little something. Baffled that Nephenee gets a refine when she's already amazing.

And hey, another chance at not getting Katarina. I wonder what her tome will do.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

FE10’s blade analogues for axes were called poleaxes without any cavalry effectiveness.

I know. Which is why I don't think Draconic Poleax is going to have cavalry effectiveness.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I know. Which is why I don't think Draconic Poleax is going to have cavalry effectiveness.

Actually, if it is effective against dragons, then blue still doesn’t have its dragonslaying weapon. Unfair for blue.

New weapons are always nice and Titania really could use one. I'm a bit confused about Katarina and Nephenee though. I mean they aren't the best units of their type, but they would not be the first units that come to mind when I think of upgrades. 

I'm guessing IS doesn't want any of the 5* exclusive units to be demoted in the future so they're slowly trying to buff them up. At least the banner's color balance will be good. A chance to get Wrath, Swift Sparrow and Res Ploy

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Actually, if it is effective against dragons, then blue still doesn’t have its dragonslaying weapon. Unfair for blue.

It's unfair for dragons that we still don't have a means of negating effective damage, especially because Alm still exists (even if I never see him on a defense team because it's been 11 months since the last time he was on a banner not called red hell).

Dragons need some new toys to play with that aren't all fucking locked behind 5-star exclusivity or limited characters.