Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It'sĀ unfair for dragons that we still don't have a means of negating effective damage, especially because Alm still exists (even if I never see him on a defense team because it's been 11 months since the last time he was on a banner not called red hell).

Dragons need some new toys to play with that aren't all fucking locked behind 5-star exclusivity or limited characters.

Naga's shield when?

Also sucks that all dragon buffs except fortify are locked behind 5* exclusives, and IS doesn't seem to be doing a very good job at making breath weapons that can compete with lightning breath. Great flame is the only one that isn't really niche, and it's partially because Myrrh can't use steady breath. Also we need more red dragons too.

Colourless dragons are cool and all but like coloured archers, not all that great in practice, and we only have one

Edited by Korath88

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

and IS doesn't seem to be doing a very good job at making breath weapons that can compete with lightning breath.

This is one of the biggest problems with dragons right now.

Innate Distant Counter is way too good to pass up whenĀ every single dragon they release has a stat line that screams enemy phase. The two Grimas are still the only truly player-phase-capable dragons in the game, male Grima because of Bold Fighter and female Grima because of flier buffs.

And it also doesn't help at all that Lightning Breath and Water Breath are pretty much the only inheritable weapon choices that are at all viable for a player-controlled unit.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Poor, widdwe hewpwess dwagons.

Dragons don't have Brave weapons, Firesweep weapons, or ranged weapon types to throw at enemies with effective weaponry. There is literally nothing dragons can do about effective weaponry other than one-hit kill on initiation or take it up the ass.

It's not like there are inheritable dragon effective weapons that are pretty commonplace in arena. Look at armors. They're doing fine without whatever the heck it's called shield and running other skills in the A-slot instead. I might be wrong though

Even if there will come a dragon shield skill, will people run it over breath skills?

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Bugger, I only just merged my 5* Titania into my 4* project, now I'll have to raise another. 20k feathers wasted. Always a risk with these projects, but the vast majority have paid off and are my best units, so take the bad with the good I guess.Ā 

I personally haveĀ never been a fan of 4* merge projects.Ā After they started adding weapon refinements, it gave me more reason to not merge my 4* units. I don't pull enough to get copies as it is so I've never seen the appeal of 4* units despite the amount of praise I see for it.Ā 

I'm glad Katarina is getting a weapon refinement. I was just thinking of giving her a -blade tome given the low might of the -owl tomes. For some reason I thought Katarina's Jolt from Awakening had Tombreaker effect built in and thought that they were going to give her either RTB or GTB. Looking up the tome again, its main draw is a high crit chance so it might have a chance of getting CD - 1 effect but given that there are only 2 tomes with this effect, it might be "too good" for her. I get the feeling that the new refinement will be more of a supportive role but who knows. I'm just glad that she's getting a slightly stronger tome to play with.Ā 

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

I personally haveĀ never been a fan of 4* merge projects.Ā After they started adding weapon refinements, it gave me more reason to not merge my 4* units. I don't pull enough to get copies as it is so I've never seen the appeal of 4* units despite the amount of praise I see for it.Ā 

I'm glad Katarina is getting a weapon refinement. I was just thinking of giving her a -blade tome given the low might of the -owl tomes. For some reason I thought Katarina's Jolt from Awakening had Tombreaker effect built in and thought that they were going to give her either RTB or GTB. Looking up the tome again, its main draw is a high crit chance so it might have a chance of getting CD - 1 effect but given that there are only 2 tomes with this effect, it might be "too good" for her. I get the feeling that the new refinement will be more of a supportive role but who knows. I'm just glad that she's getting a slightly stronger tome to play with.Ā 

It's a common sentiment, but it's generally paid off well for me. 4*+10 Olivia and Cecilia are probably my overall most used units in the game so far, and have been for a long long time. Some of it is just down to luck pulling of course, those two I was able to complete very early on, while Cherche remained elusive for over a year (but is now complete).

With green especially, I generally pull enough copies of them that I can build a 4*+10 and still be able to easily start a 5* merge if I wanted. Indeed I just did a headcount of Cecilias right now, and besides my 4*+10 and my 5*+0 (AA counter), I have 11 other copies.

Then there's units like Est where there's nothing to do with her except merge or send home, so without even actively trying I end up with high merges of units like that - ones I'd normally not be inclined to use at all. She just sat on the bench, slowly accumulating merges, and one day she got to +10 with no conscious effort, and became my best Brave Lancer. I don't even like Est, but I'm not going to say no to an obvious upgrade to my +0 Cordelia, and now I can move Cordelia over into a Firesweep build (which I will do at 5*, not 4*).

So yeah, that's my MO for my 4* merges these days, units that would be nowhere near my mainstays even if they were promoted, so I just let the merges build up organically. Not like I had anything else to do with all those Catrias, Merrics, Sophias, M Corrins, etc. It's not a decision on whether to promote or merge, it's on whether to merge or to not use them at all. All of these will hit 4*+10 one day, which is a hell of a lot more useful than the 3000 feathers I would have gotten for sending 10 copies of them home.

Speaking of 4* merge projects, my Cherche is still only at +8. It's like the character you want to merge becomes really elusive, and just makes you regret sending home all those you pulled in the past.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It'sĀ unfair for dragons that we still don't have a means of negating effective damage, especially because Alm still exists (even if I never see him on a defense team because it's been 11 months since the last time he was on a banner not called red hell).

Dragons need some new toys to play with that aren't all fucking locked behind 5-star exclusivity or limited characters.

Dragons are in a very good place right now. Right in the top with armorers.

They got their biggest boost with their refine, makeing it very hard for ranged units to tackle them.

They have their own emblem buff.

They have easy access to distant counter.

Imho i rather see them nerf dragons and bold fighter for armorers then gibing them new toys while everbody else is playing currently catch up.

Edited by Hilda

48 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

It's not like there are inheritable dragon effective weapons that are pretty commonplace in arena. Look at armors. They're doing fine without whatever the heck it's called shield and running other skills in the A-slot instead. I might be wrong though

Even if there will come a dragon shield skill, will people run it over breath skills?

1. What AI-controlled units run is not the same as what player-controlled units run. Defense teams do not need to be designed to win every match. They only need to win one match, and it's far easier to do that by targeting oneĀ specific player team composition to win against than to try to defend against all player team compositions to try not to lose.
  2. Player-controlled armors have more options than dragons to deal with opponents running effective weapons, most notably killing them before they can counterattack.

Ā 

48 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Make it a Sacred Seal, and female Grima immediately gets it.

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Dragons are in a very good place right now.

If they're in a good place, that means you should be buffing weaker units and not nerfing dragons.

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Right in the top with armorers.

There are exactly zero non-armor dragons in S+.

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Hilda said:

They got their biggest boost with their refine, makeing it very hard for ranged units to tackle them.

Which is good because ranged units were broken prior to the refinery update.

Ā 

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

They have their own emblem buff.

Which puts them on par with other non-infantry. Movement-type buffs make a much bigger impact on cavalry and fliers due to the fact that they have a much larger variety of viable weapons to choose from that make better use of the stats gained by the buffs.

It's absurd to run any other unit in the game with a Silver weapon, and yet female Grima's optimal player-phase-specific weapon isĀ Flametongue+.

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why I like Kent:

CG04.png

Yes! This sums it all up perfectly xD

Ā 

15 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute ChaoĀ havenā€™t played Blazing Blade but from what I saw I like Kent more than Sain

i prefer serious than the womanizersĀ 

Yay :D It's always nice to see others. It really did grate on me since I'd used to say Kent was my overall favourite FE character and people would be like... don't you mean Sain? Ofc, this was on YouTube so it's likely radically different there -.-

@Sunwoo

I like Rath the way he is, personally, although I would've been happy to see him with a few more supports. I do agree with you, the ellipses don't put me off, especially since he isn't trying to be edgy or cool. Just quiet.

Ā 

Sorry, wasn't on last night and I don't often get to talk about this ^.^''

Back to Heroes -

I'm a bit disappointed by who they chose to give upgrades, really, especially Nephenee. She's a really good unit and doesn't really need it. Titania, I'll give them, and I suppose Katarina. It would've been nice if they could throw a bone at someone like Odin or Raigh, who really do need something (though I guess the latter would produce complaints that he got something while Canas remains in the mire).

I'm quite excited for the tactics updates, though. It sounds like it's going to be something new, once the really easy slog is out the way. Whether I'll enjoy them remains to be seen, but there we go.

Also, I think I might hit the top tier in GC :D I used up every lance and all my stamina during the cavalry round, running Lunatic 'cos I still hate Infernal, and I've got up to either 22 or 23, whereas I used to be on 20 before. I just missed it playing Hard last time, so hopefully I can hit it if I continue to play Lunatic.

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Since two Two Tellius characters got weapon upgrades this time, think our next regular Heroes banner will be Tellius-centric?

I very much enjoyed that FE6-centric banner after Roy, Lilina, Fir, and KarelĀ got their refines.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

It still went to Elibe, just not to FE6.

I very much enjoyed that Archanea-centric banner after Caeda, Merric, and Linde got their refines, and that Valentia-centric banner after Clair got the rhomphaia.

What I mean is the refines donā€™t correspond to anything.

Kent looks so red in that picture haha. Makes him stand out even more

@Cute ChaoĀ Yeah not really into personalities like Virion or Sain, so I prefer Kent more. I like his design better as well.

As for the upgrades, I guess they went for Nephenee since she has lower Atk compared other infantry lancers, is not as defensive like Lukas/Shiro or as supportive as Ephraim/Lancina.

Really interested on Titania's refine the most though, I pulled a +Spd/-HP one in the legendary banner and was wondering if I should go +Spd or +Atk. Guess the effect will lead me to a choice.

Summer CorrinĀ would probably be a good choice of lead but I can't bring myself to set her as my lead. I'm still salty after all this time.

So Nino it is.

Edited by Korath88

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Kent looks so red in that picture haha. Makes him stand out even more

@Cute ChaoĀ Yeah not really into personalities like Virion or Sain, so I prefer Kent more. I like his design better as well.

As for the upgrades, I guess they went for Nephenee since she has lower Atk compared other infantry lancers, is not as defensive like Lukas/Shiro or as supportive as Ephraim/Lancina.

Really interested on Titania's refine the most though, I pulled a +Spd/-HP one in the legendary banner and was wondering if I should go +Spd or +Atk. Guess the effect will lead me to a choice.

I have a soft spot for ginger characters, it seems. He, Rhys and Gaius all ended up top of my list of characters for their respective games. Poor Arthur seems the only exception. I like him, but I don't adore him like I do the others...

Hmmm... I suppose that's fair, but she still seems more threatening overall than someone like Donnel or Oboro, really. I feel they would possibly deserve it more.

Though, overall, if they're giving us so many PRF refines, I wish they'd step up the Dew so we could actually benefit >.< It's still crazy limited, especially when you're out of the top tiers of Arena/Arena Assault (can't remember which of the two or if both gives you it).

Still think Odin deserves a refine the most. I mean, he's pretty much seen almost universally as the worst unit in the game, I think (could be wrong).

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I very much enjoyed that Archanea-centric banner after Caeda, Merric, and Linde got their refines, and that Valentia-centric banner after Clair got the rhomphaia.

What I mean is the refines donā€™t correspond to anything.

Actually, Clair got her refine with 2 Fates characters and the following month we got L!Ryoma. When Roy, Karel and Fir got their upgrades, we got Lyn the following month. I think there might be the formation of a pattern, but it's recent. Because when L'Ephraim came out, Eirika got an upgrade to Sieglinde. Soren's upgrade followed after RD!Ike's release. L'Hector followed in the wake of the FE7 TT+.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have a soft spot for ginger characters, it seems. He, Rhys and Gaius all ended up top of my list of characters for their respective games. Poor Arthur seems the only exception. I like him, but I don't adore him like I do the others...

Hmmm... I suppose that's fair, but she still seems more threatening overall than someone like Donnel or Oboro, really. I feel they would possibly deserve it more.

Though, overall, if they're giving us so many PRF refines, I wish they'd step up the Dew so we could actually benefit >.< It's still crazy limited, especially when you're out of the top tiers of Arena/Arena Assault (can't remember which of the two or if both gives you it).

Still think Odin deserves a refine the most. I mean, he's pretty much seen almost universally as the worst unit in the game, I think (could be wrong).

True, a lot of the launch units like the retainers or the Shepherd (Sully, Stahl, Lon'qu, etc.) need something to stand out. Or the veterans even.

I think it's between Odin or Jakob- at least Odin has nice skills while Jakob doesn't really have notable skills, even for inheritance.

And yeah, more Dew please.

Honestly Iā€™m too lazy to HM farm. Replaying a map mindlessly about a thousand times for just a couple thousand feathers isnā€™t worth it to me. I kinda missĀ the days where Tempest Trials were two weeks because then I could naturally grind up merit as well as get SP.

Interested in the new refines for Nephenee and Katarina as I use both, but I hope they donā€™tĀ go in the trend of the recent ones where itā€™s ā€œif X unit in two spaces of Y unit, gets stat boostsā€ or whatever. I want more refines like Eirika, Caeda, Raven etc. Straightforward refines are the ones I enjoy the most, rather than those that require a specific, possibly gimmicky set up in order to work.