Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Johann said:

What does your usual team look like? Is there room for a Spd buff of any kind?

Yeah, I most often use Frederick with horses, and with neutral Spd, and being +10, he can reach 37 Spd with a buff which isn't bad.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I most often use Frederick with horses, and with neutral Spd, and being +10, he can reach 37 Spd with a buff which isn't bad.

Do you often encounter Nowis with 42 or higher speed?

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm... is his support partner on the team? She's not particularly fast and 50 or 53 Atk (neutral or +Atk) is what you see with her at +10 with Lightning Breath. Fred's got such high HP that he should be ok to take even two hits if he's defending. In my experience, Nowis always have their bonus and/or refine in Spd, Def, or Res, so he should be safe to counter unless she's got the rare Windsweep build. 37 Spd is quite good for Frederick, but I question if he needs it when Nowi HAS to have a Spd setup (boon, refine, blessing) to hit 37 herself that without buffs unless she's got seals/A skills that also boost Spd.

If it's any help, here are the +10 Nowis from users on this site (and we can disregard Summoner Support):

They're almost exclusively built for defending/countering, which I think most of us here would agree is standard for her. Run any of these through a calculator against your Frederick and it should be clear that he's quite capable of taking them all on with his current stats, even without buffs. In some of the match-ups, not only does he kill them, but he ends up with Ignis fully charged, which definitely makes up for the lack of HP to keep using QR.

Edited by Johann

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do you often encounter Nowis with 42 or higher speed?

Uh, no. I'm talking about getting doubled in general, not just by Nowis.

17 minutes ago, Johann said:

Hmm... is his support partner on the team? She's not particularly fast and 50 or 53 Atk (neutral or +Atk) is what you see with her at +10 with Lightning Breath. Fred's got such high HP that he should be ok to take even two hits if he's defending. In my experience, Nowis always have their bonus and/or refine in Spd, Def, or Res, so he should be safe to counter unless she's got the rare Windsweep build. 37 Spd is quite good for Frederick, but I question if he needs it when Nowi HAS to have a Spd setup (boon, refine, blessing) to hit 37 herself that without buffs unless she's got seals/A skills that also boost Spd.

If it's any help, here are the +10 Nowis from users on this site (and we can disregard Summoner Support):

They're almost exclusively built for defending/countering, which I think most of us here would agree is standard for her. Run any of these through a calculator against your Frederick and it should be clear that he's quite capable of taking them all on with his current stats, even without buffs. In some of the match-ups, not only does he kill them, but he ends up with Ignis fully charged, which definitely makes up for the lack of HP to keep using QR.

Again, I wasn't just talking about Nowis.

Had a wild day at the beach. But on the drive there we were low on fuel. We were just pulling up our phones for a map of gas stations before Frederick, the Horizon Watcher pointed and said "Ah, Shell".

It was a good day.

Man, double SP weekend can't come soon enough. Got so many feathers to spend.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I haven't been following talk about other matchups. I'm just here to talk about Nowi.

If your Frederick is fast enough to avoid getting doubled by opposing Nowis, your main arena team should be able to handle them just fine. He should be able to take a hit enemy phase and hit back, then finish her off player phase.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I haven't been following talk about other matchups. I'm just here to talk about Nowi.

If your Frederick is fast enough to avoid getting doubled by opposing Nowis, your main arena team should be able to handle them just fine. He should be able to take a hit enemy phase and hit back, then finish her off player phase.

I wasn't just talking about Nowi when I mentioned wanting neutral Spd to prevent some doubles though. So what you're saying is irrelevant to me.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Again, I wasn't just talking about Nowis.

Considering how high his Def is, it doesn't seem to be a problem. In fact, doubling your Frederick is a death sentence for most units since they get an Ignis to the face, including some of the most dreaded sword users. He's a melee countering monster, and I think the only things he should worry about are mages, Bold Fighter Zelgius, some dragons, and the ever elusive Zanbato.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Considering how high his Def is, it doesn't seem to be a problem. In fact, doubling your Frederick is a death sentence for most units since they get an Ignis to the face, including some of the most dreaded sword users. He's a melee countering monster, and I think the only things he should worry about are mages, Bold Fighter Zelgius, some dragons, and the ever elusive Zanbato.

Not if they're a mage or can actually hit him good with certain specials. Frederick can't take more than one hit from magic most of the time. And if I'm forced to put him in range of a blue or green mage (obviously I keep him away from red ones all together), well, more Spd can make him more likely to take just one hit instead of getting doubled and killed. Occasionally I have to use Frederick on player phase too. And he's more likely to double something himself with 37 Spd or even more with Reinhardt's Goad Cav buffing him than he is with -Spd.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I wasn't just talking about Nowi when I mentioned wanting neutral Spd to prevent some doubles though. So what you're saying is irrelevant to me.

So are you saying you can now handle Nowi just fine using Frederick?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

So are you saying you can now handle Nowi just fine using Frederick?

No, I never said anything about using him against Nowi.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Not if they're a mage or can actually hit him good with certain specials. Frederick can't take more than one hit from magic most of the time. And if I'm forced to put him in range of a blue or green mage (obviously I keep him away from red ones all together), well, more Spd can make him more likely to take just one hit instead of getting doubled and killed.

I dunno, most of the mages you have to worry about are way too fast for even 37 Spd to save you, since the vast majority of Arena mages are built with Spd in mind. If landing in those bad positions is a real problem, your only hope at that point is gonna be Deflect Magic.

13 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner YO THIS IS FREEEEEEE

0TqXRaR.png

ryU5DmZ.png

I'm surprised you have Eliwood on there instead of Brave Roy.

I sent a friend invite btw. セツナ, L&D Summer Cordy as lead at the moment.

DEM MERGES THO!

Did i need to show that screenshot or something? Because my attempt at Brave Roy is disastrous in a really hilarious way

But yeah i don't think my defense team is any good. It runs Armor and 2 Melee, and Armor is, and have always been a deadweight

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

DEM MERGES THO!

Did i need to show that screenshot or something? Because my attempt at Brave Roy is disastrous in a really hilarious way

But yeah i don't think my defense team is any good. It runs Armor and 2 Melee, and Armor is, and have always been a deadweight

I actually haven't seen your Brave Roy yet.

It's okay, someone will somehow lose to you anyway.

You haven't accepted my invite >:E

6 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's okay, someone will somehow lose to you anyway.

Yeah, kinda like how this person actually lost to my gag defense team. That, or they surrendered out of respect to my good tastes.

sTlSNM3.png

I somehow got a defense win already for this week. But in all fairness, my team is composed of Brave Ike along with Dire Thunder Olwen and sword Reinhardt with wings of mercy. It's supposed to be obnoxious.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It has to be the latter.

I’m going to go with that too, on the basis that I refuse to believe someone actually lost to that team.

Edited by Tybrosion

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m going to go with that too, on the basis that I refuse to believe someone actually lost to that team.

Maybe their team didn't have any greens.  I think the display character isn't always the actual team lead that they used.  I've seen the display unit change on some of my D wins.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of Cordelia, mine is now accidentally +2:
Screenshot_20180704-093923.png

I promoted a wrong one first. Oh well. I like her a lot anyway.

It's never an accident with Cordelia. It was fate.

Speaking of accidents though, I accidentally lost my last copy of Eirika... She's +9 now, but I'll have to hope I get a new Eirika later. @Alexmender

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe their team didn't have any greens.  I think the display character isn't always the actual team lead that they used.  I've seen the display unit change on some of my D wins.

Just for the record, that Airzura is both unarmed and has an incomplete kit (Buckler as the Special, no A passive, WoM 2 instead of 3). Though kinda like you said, that Azura likely wasn’t involved in that Arena battle.

59 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's never an accident with Cordelia. It was fate.

Speaking of accidents though, I accidentally lost my last copy of Eirika... She's +9 now, but I'll have to hope I get a new Eirika later. @Alexmender

The road continues until you get four 5*+10 Eirikas

So close, I remember being stuck in +7 hell for like 3 months but in the end it was worth it. Either way, I'm looking foward to see how you built best girl.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

So close, I remember being stuck in +7 hell for like 3 months but in the end it was worth it. Either way, I'm looking foward to see how you built best girl.

Nothing special and nothing crazy... I want to get her Speed Tactic eventually and run Def Tactic S, but that's kinda rough. Right now she just has a really vanilla Fury Escape Route Hone Spd Fort Def build...

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

So close, I remember being stuck in +7 hell for like 3 months but in the end it was worth it.

I’m stuck in +7 hell with Marth D:
Please don’t say I’ll be there for three months.