Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just had an evil thought: if the new unit banner is indeed CYL2, then the GHB could be CYL Marth. And all hell would break loose.

Eviller thought: They'll then use the free Marth as an excuse to not give us any of the other ones for free.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Just had an evil thought: if the new unit banner is indeed CYL2, then the GHB could be CYL Marth. And all hell would break loose.

Eviller thought: They'll then use the free Marth as an excuse to not give us any of the other ones for free.

Funny, I had the same thoughts. 

Happy to see a new hero banner so soon, but I'm surprised the one after that is a seasonal. Hoping for yukata. 

Wonder what game the next proper banner will be based on. Tellius hasn't had much attention in a while and Binding Blade has been ignored for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Binding Blade has been ignored for a long time.

“For a long time”? I thought this was called “forever”. Over sixteen months, Binding Blade representation has increased by one, (1), single character.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

“For a long time”? I thought this was called “forever”. Over sixteen months, Binding Blade representation has increased by one, (1), single character.

Sounds like they're getting cranky, Frank. Quick, release a new Lyn! 

I'm hoping that the new heroes banner will be a SoV themed but I wouldn't mind Binding Blade either. Still, the pessimist in me thinks that it might just be another Fates banner.

I'm a bit surprised about the special heroes banner they have scheduled. I don't remember them having three banners last summer and three beach banners in a row (plus the repeated ones from last year) would feel a bit too excessive.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

If people get their Hoshidan Summer then the meme will finally die

Memes is why the humanity will be purged by the superior species.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The thing is, I don't want to spend my Orbs right now because having an increased chance of getting somebody I don't want, a Summer character. So unless a New Powers or Heroes with X consists of characters I all care for, I'm stuck with just the minimal base crew, plus my Brave Ike and a Vike, a little restrictive.

While it isn't so exciting, I could in fact spring for a New Powers. But of the current one, while the Titan and Queen of the Fairies is good, I've no bond to Katarina thanks to IS not giving us NM and me not having a computer able to do emulation, and Nephenee, well she isn't a bad character, but I'm not all into her like some really are- it's a 1.5/3 for the NP banner for me. The critical minimum of liking of 2/3 has not been hit, ergo I'm not on the pull for it, just as I wasn't for the last Blazing banner, my liking for Legault was effectively countered by a Nino alt (I'd use her base self, but not the alt) and Karla, who clearly got in for the wrong reason of being a sword lady which sells Orbs to others. Not to call Karla bad, but she is a bit dull after reading her supports I will say.

I was in the same boat as you and spent zero orbs but did free summonings and got free units from events such as GHB. But once the Hector banner came, I blew 400 orbs for both him and V!Ike merges. I did not get Hector but I got an Ike merge and his Brave version. Furthermore, I got Myrrh and Female Morgan. Also I managed to acquire three copies of Nino so now I have a +3 Nino since I merged all three together. Now I plan to get Hector again for DC fodder for Myrrh. Weren't you interested in making a team with Soren, Ike, Micaiah and Sothe? If that's the case, if you were playing FE Heroes in Jan, would you have pulled on the Radiant Dawn banner? 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

If that's the case, if you were playing FE Heroes in Jan, would you have pulled on the Radiant Dawn banner? 

He said earlier that Zelgius put him off.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

He said earlier that Zelgius put him off.

I missed that but he really isn't too bad since his original version wasn't summonable. Also it fits his quota of 2/3 units. Also, no need to go for reds. Just blues and colourless. 

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

And a free pull every single banner. Literally free.

I want to go all in on my first real summoning. Silly and illogical yes, but never did I claim to be completely devoid of illogic and making mistakes. We all have our quirks others may disparage here, but nonetheless we cling to those assertions.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I missed that but he really isn't too bad since his original version wasn't summonable. Also it fits his quota of 2/3 units. Also, no need to go for reds. Just blues and colourless.

Which is evidence of my shifting logic and standards. Since Micaiah and Sothe would have been the 2/3s minimum to summon. Although at the time, Vike wasn't a thing yet, so Radiant Rondo (I've chosen this name simply because it's alliterative, has Radiant in it, and reminds me of the Arc Rise Fantasia superboss cameo battle) wasn't quite in the air.

Two things that might have held me back, besides Zelgy coming too early and not in his Begnion Central Army red armor, was "not until a rarity demotion" and "not until the last game gets adequate representation"- as in Leif and Thracia. Both things actually happened, and I still didn't join in, Leif was countered by the bad taste of the Olart alts, and I didn't admittedly have any particularly strong liking for Leif or Nanna. Finn not getting a Brave Lance with a jet engine attached to it (or anything special) too was a bummer.

Still, I'm going to just try sticking to the 2/3s logic now. There is little else to feasibly go on at this point.

Decided, in a hope of :Lugh: on the next New Heroes, to actually read over his supports and determine whether or not I truly like him. FE6 supports can be a bit dull and below par in the writing, being the first attempt IS did at the concept, the Hugh C support for instance fails to take into consider the possibility Raigh died or was never recruited. But overall I do like the impression of Lugh they give off, combined with his introductory dialogue, only the Ellen was pure bland nothing. The Melady started kinda eh, but the A certainly went well, and reminded me of Rolf's Mist support, which is very good. Add in the solid Raigh support, the Hugh's little bit at the end where Hugh says Lugh is the only one to ever truly care for him (Niime must be as bad a parent as she is good a staffbot) which becomes a tad ironic given FE7 implies Hugh and Lugh are distant cousins, and an okayish end to the Chad support, and Lugh is a nice character. He I can certainly say I will go for now. And, why did they have to recycle Lugh handing out baked tarts in three of the supports?

This August Seasonal Map is strange... We don't have something like this the last year right? What it would be? (it can''t be Fall of the Arts; that banner would actually start in Mid September).

If the next “special” banner is a third summer banner, oh boy, expect backslash. They’re starting to become too common. It could be another Performance Arts banner but last year’s PA banner was on October. What have they planned this time...? 

I just hope CYL banner 2 is coming up soon, I already spent a few hundred orbs, and I’m still hoping for a good natured Veronica without spending money. 

I’d assume Veronica also forces it to be integrated into the plot, and I’m still not sure if she died offscreen.

2 more Chain Challenges to go. Book 2 5-6 and 9-10. I know the team I want to use at the end of 5-6, but they would have difficulty against Grima, and maybe Hardin. At first playthrough, I found these chapters very very difficult. 9-10 is probably going to screw me over because of Lene.

Brave Roy, Reinhardt, Bride Ninian and Kinoka was the power team to push through these levels, but now I feel the obstacle.

Going back very slightly on Nanima's comment from ~2 pages ago, I expect a flying healer alt of Sakura and Elise someday. The first flying healer I'd like to see, though, is Elincia ... since she was canonically a flying staff in a game without reclass XD Not to mention, that Ike and Sanaki still seem to be the only characters in Tellius with alts. Although I'd like new characters for Tellius. Tormod when, lol

I'm not super excited for CYL, in all honesty. Yeah, I wasn't excited last year either, but I don't really want Veronica (unless it's her normal self), and am not really big on the other three enough to pull on it. I guess I'll see how I'm feeling by then.

I wish I cared about either if the male winners of CYL2. Ephraim I actively dislike, and Hector I am only neutral about. My free pick will likely be Celica, unless they ruin her by making her a dagger. If they do, then it is Veronica.

If she’s a rigain with something like Ragnarok Omega, though… Mmm…

BUT IF FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON MARTH IS ON THE CYL2 BANNER THEN I PICK HIM AND HIM ONLY YES BY NAGA THE HERO-KING MUST BE THERE BECAUSE COME THE FUCK ON

Edited by Vaximillian

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

uh what? Brave Roy, LA!Roy, LA!Lilina, Narcian

I believe they will follow the trend and send in 3 new Fates/Conquest children: Forrest (Healer), Kiragi (colored Bow), Ophelia (Blue Tome user)

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

BUT IF FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON MARTH IS ON THE CYL2 BANNER THEN I PICK HIM AND HIM ONLY YES BY NAGA THE HERO-KING MUST BE THERE BECAUSE COME THE FUCK ON

Oh right, if Marth is on the CYL banner I will pick without a second thought.

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

uh what? Brave Roy, LA!Roy, LA!Lilina, Narcian

Alts add more characters to the game, but not more representation. Ten out of thirty characters being represented is still only 1/3 representation whether every character only has one version or every character has fifty.

And Narcian and Zephiel have been represented in the game since the beginning, just not playable.

That makes Klein the only post-launch FE6 representative and that was over a year ago. 

CYL2? I’ll most likely go for Veronica. I won’t repeat last year’s mistake. 

CYL2 - I really like Ephraim, but I just got his legendary version, so if this one won't be something really-really cool stuff (like an archer or something) I'm going to pick Celica. I don't really care for Hector and Veronica all that much.