Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I was counting up the new GHBs since GHB Elite 2 quests were added, and it seems like we have our next multiple of 7. Oliver, Lyon, Fallen Takumi, Saias, m!Kana, Julius, and Linus are currently not part of a GHB Elite weekly rotation schedule, and with Linus's addition I wonder if we're to expect a GHB Elite 3 in the near future.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Sunwoo

That would be cool, who cares for CYL? I'd be hoping for missions like GHB elite 1 (and not like GHB elite 2) though. 

As much as I don't like Tap battle, why isn't this one happening at the beach? The last one finished at the ocean and this one is summer themed. Bringing the old and ugly cave is just lazy. 

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I was counting up the new GHBs since GHB Elite 2 quests were added, and it seems like we have our next multiple of 7. Oliver, Lyon, Fallen Takumi, Saias, m!Kana, Julius, and Linus are currently not part of a GHB Elite weekly rotation schedule, and with Linus's addition I wonder if we're to expect a GHB Elite 3 in the near future.

I'm not sure it'll be that soon. So far, all of them have been rerun at least once first.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure it'll be that soon. So far, all of them have been rerun at least once first.

Yeah, that much is true. They're rerunning fallen Takumi next, that would leave Saias, m!Kana, Julius, and Linus needing reruns.

Perhaps near the end of the year then?

EDIT: Also, I am a fucking idiot and totally forgot about Bride Ninian (which just puts summer Camilla further down in my priority list because I have every other blue mage flier already in the game). But that does make me wonder about the, uh, less-than-ideal color balance/spacing of some of these new banners. We have two red flier mages, three green flier mages, and four blue flier mages. I feel like it would've been nice if one of our blue fliers were a red flier instead, but Camilla being red (again) and coming out so soon after Tana may not have been the best call. It's already weird how Bride Sanaki and the Nino alt were released so close to one another.

Edited by Sunwoo

Watching the schedule makes me realize there are 5 G/B/L- Hero Battles in the pipeline (three of them new). 

(I've already calculated the two infernal revival maps, I'm looking forward to use Pass and Ardent service for Ravens map and a fast Cherche for Takumis map. Too bad you can't Smite through walls, not even though breakable walls)

The one new GHB makes me think if they would give us a Dagger or Staff GHB unit in the future. 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Watching the schedule makes me realize there are 5 G/B/L- Hero Battles in the pipeline (three of them new). 

(I've already calculated the two infernal revival maps, I'm looking forward to use Pass and Ardent service for Ravens map and a fast Cherche for Takumis map. Too bad you can't Smite through walls, not even though breakable walls)

The one new GHB makes me think if they would give us a Dagger or Staff GHB unit in the future. 

Lehran from RD could be a staff user and for dagger they could do Kotaro from Fates.  There are not many bosses in the main games who can use staves or Daggers, let alone ones that are popular enough to have a chance at a GHB.

14 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Lehran from RD could be a staff user and for dagger they could do Kotaro from Fates.  There are not many bosses in the main games who can use staves or Daggers, let alone ones that are popular enough to have a chance at a GHB.

Gangrel would likely be a dagger unit since Gaius was converted into one. Past him and the aforementioned Kotaro, yeah I got nothing unless if they pull a Kana and make like Rennac or Awakening Anna a GHB.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just realized that the new character banner is a full three weeks in length. No new character banner has ever lasted that long, not even CYL 1, which lasted 16 days. In fact, the closest if I didn't miss a banner was World of Radiance at 20 days.

Call me crazy, but I think I smell CYL 2. Or, you know, I might just be crazy.

I don't think it's as strange as it looks. Recently, the tendency has been for each month to have main banners around the 10th and 20th, and a legendary banner around the 30th. May and June both had their second banners be Special Heroes, so they lasted the full month regardless, but New Heroes banners in either of those slots would have lasted about as long as this upcoming one will.

It could very well be CYL 2 regardless, but I think the length is just what's expected for a New Heroes banner in that timeslot now.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

This. If suspicions are right about the coming New Heroes, then it wouldn't surprise me if they do this.

It would be nice if she had an inheritable Flame Shuriken.

maybe a Chill skill as well since it fits her Ice Tribe thing and those are usually 5 star locked

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think it's as strange as it looks. Recently, the tendency has been for each month to have main banners around the 10th and 20th, and a legendary banner around the 30th. May and June both had their second banners be Special Heroes, so they lasted the full month regardless, but New Heroes banners in either of those slots would have lasted about as long as this upcoming one will.

It could very well be CYL 2 regardless, but I think the length is just what's expected for a New Heroes banner in that timeslot now.

• A Sketchy Summer, Jul 10-[20]: 10 days.
  • Summer's Arrival, Jun 21-[Jul 10]: 19 days.
  • Scattered Fangs, Jun 8-21: 13 days.
  • Bridal Bloom, May 21-[Jun 8]: 18 days.
  • Genealogy, May 10-21: 11 days.
  • Wings of Fate, Apr 24-May 10: 16 days.
  • World of Thracia, Apr 11-24: 13 days.
  • Hares at the Fair, Mar 22-[Apr 11]: 19 days.
  • The Branded King, Mar 9-22: 13 days.

Huh. Indeed, the banner that straddles months does have longer durations. It's just that the "longer" ones have all been limited banners, so I didn't notice.

On top of that, A Sketchy Summer is getting an awfully short duration before the next banner hits, which is odd, but I suppose that's where the extra days on the next banner are coming from.

For CYL2, whoever is the best both character wise and stat wise. Probably means I’m either going Celica or Hector. I think Marth would ruin CYL2 for me, since he didn’t win CYL2 at all

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Eremiah could be a GHB staff user, though I don't know if anyone would care about her.  Maybe one of the Begnion senators, too?

For daggers, there's always Jerme.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

If she’s a rigain with something like Ragnarok Omega, though… Mmm…

Ragnarok Omega was a Combat Art on the Beloved Zofia, not its own spell. Making it a Sword would seem a little off, but making it a "Tome" wouldn't exactly work either. It'd work best as a Special if you ask me. Not like Ragnarok Ω was worth anything in gameplay, the Beloved Zofia on the whole is junk worth not spending a Gold Coin on, but this is besides the point.

I'd say Blue Tome Seraphim Celica, somebody might as well get that spell exclusive to Valentia. Silque or Tatiana could have it instead, but not hand it to Celica and just Staff the other two? Nosferatu and Expel would be other ideas for them. Maybe give Tatiana some sort of flier buff to allude to her Peg Knight Illusion, and Silque some Res or Infantry buff to allude to her Dread Fighter Illusion; Genny can be New Powered an Armor buff for her Soldier Illusion. Or just put Tatiana on an Illusion Pegasus Knight for flier healer.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

BUT IF FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON MARTH IS ON THE CYL2 BANNER THEN I PICK HIM AND HIM ONLY YES BY NAGA THE HERO-KING MUST BE THERE BECAUSE COME THE FUCK ON

Problem- last CYL units were one for every color, there are only four colors, no room for a 5th without upsetting this symmetry. Doing two Colorless, each in a different weapon type, would be my preferred solution for this dilemma. Or Marth can get a new color type invented for himself, like how Lyn got Colored Bows for herself.

And if Marth got Braved, I want him toting the Fire Emblem itself as a weapon. Shielding himself in darkness, dispelling enemy buffs with light, killing them with earthquakes, buffing his allies with the cosmos, healing with life's essence, and lastly just stopping enemies from being able to do anything against him by sealing them in their place. Nothing too broken I hope, it's only what he deserves, and what the Archanean Fire Emblem deserves.

54 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Maybe one of the Begnion senators, too?

Lekain packs Rexaura, so not to him, although he does have a Silence AoE technique. Valtome Valaura, so again, probably not. Hetzel never actually carries a Light tome of any sort, having instead an Elsleep and an Elsilence. But the game would have to be as old as Hetzel for him to get in.

48 minutes ago, eclipse said:

For daggers, there's always Jerme.

This is a message from Lord Nergal. "Why is everyone ignoring me!?"

This is a message from Lord Nergal. "Why is everyone ignoring me!?"

Despite being the main villain of FE7, with a good reputation for having an intimate struggle with the heroes of his game, he has been thrice ignored in favor of Four little Fangs. It would be a little irritating if they selected a one-time boss, who you might not fight until they've become a dead morph, over the creator of said morph. The only one who could keep Nergal from getting the next Blazing GHB would be Sonia thankfully, and maybe by the most remote of possibilities, Kishuna.

For CYL2, I'm going to in all likelihood go for Hector, ideally sans Armads and sans a Sword, I'd be more interested in a Maltector actually. Armads is overdone at this point for him, a Sword Armor means basically another BK, and Maltet still isn't in FEH. Ideally Eliwood should get it being he rides a horse like Baligant is implied to have done, but Hector would be fine with it as well. 

If for some reason I don't pick Hector, it'll be Celica. Veronica Virus I just have no interest in. And Ephraim, especially one that has mugged Garm from Duessel, is not someone I particularly care for due to reasons of perfectionism in spite of utter brashness.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

It would be nice if she had an inheritable Flame Shuriken.

The Flame Shuriken seems more like a Saizo refine to me. Although it would work for Flora, given her final act on BR.

Being that Flora is a Fates character, I would like for them to insert some form of reference to her Personal Skill in that game. Hers is Icy Blood: when current HP < 100% and damage is taken by this unit, the enemy receives the same damage and suffers -3 Skl and Spd. I'm not asking them to copy it as is, but I would like some form of reference to it in FEH.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Gangrel would likely be a dagger unit since Gaius was converted into one. Past him and the aforementioned Kotaro, yeah I got nothing unless if they pull a Kana and make like Rennac or Awakening Anna a GHB.

Levin Daggers sounds fine to me. Keeps Robin's Levin Sword, should they ever get it, unique to them.

As for SS, we still have over half the Gemstones as viable GHBs: Glen, Selena Fluorspar, Caellach, and Riev. Orson too. Maybe if they were willing to invent a personality for him, the Silent Emperor of Awesome Facial Hair and Grado: Vigarde. An explicitly :LyonEvil: Lyon- Formortiyon- might also be possible. In other words, they'd really really really have to force Rennac into being one.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for SS, we still have over half the Gemstones as viable GHBs: Glen, Selena Fluorspar, Caellach, and Riev. Orson too. Maybe if they were willing to invent a personality for him, the Silent Emperor of Awesome Facial Hair and Grado: Vigarde. An explicitly :LyonEvil: Lyon- Formortiyon- might also be possible. In other words, they'd really really really have to force Rennac into being one.

I floated his name out there as a potential dagger GHB more so than a potential SS GHB. Obviously him being picked over any of the names you mentioned would be odd, but so was Kana getting picked over Garon, Iago, Hans, Arete, Sumeragi, Anankos, etc.

I guess for some reason they just didn't want to have both male and female Kana on the banner, or they REALLY didn't want a 4-man banner and m!Kana got the short stick as the GHB reward.

You can't really introduce only one of Kana without the other, and they introduced both Morgans at the same time. Shigure was the spanner in the works, since the Awakening banner didn't have an equivalent "Shigure" on it.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I guess for some reason they just didn't want to have both male and female Kana on the banner, or they REALLY didn't want a 4-man banner and m!Kana got the short stick as the GHB reward.

You can't really introduce only one of Kana without the other, and they introduced both Morgans at the same time. Shigure was the spanner in the works, since the Awakening banner didn't have an equivalent "Shigure" on it.

The Kanas couldn't both be on the banner because we're in the dark age of cancerous alts. There, I said it so Vax doesn't have to this time.

I get them wanting to add both Kanas at the same time but they could've also added a couple more of those GC quests and give M!Kana out through those instead. I don't have a problem with M!Kana being a GHB, it was just a very odd choice given he isn't antagonistic in any way or at any point. Though if that next New Heroes banner grants my wish of a Nohrian King-esque Leo alt is Conquest-based, Nina or Percy could be possibilities for that GHB since they very much are antagonistic in their respective Paralogues.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

I floated his name out there as a potential dagger GHB more so than a potential SS GHB. Obviously him being picked over any of the names you mentioned would be odd, but so was Kana getting picked over Garon, Iago, Hans, Arete, Sumeragi, Anankos, etc.

Yep, I understand that. SS might even have the issue of too many good GHB picks and too small playable roster relative to them, and have to float one or two as a summonable. The Fluorspar would be best for this, people do like her as a tragic figure, and she is fairly beautiful; Ishtar has already opened the door. Then again, they would could have made Valter or Lyon summons since they're popular too, but they don't despite it possibly costing them money.

As for Fates, well I guess it has to do with questionable villain quality standards. IS is probably well aware that it isn't the antagonists which draw people to Fates, better to add another PC than a villain who attracts at most an "oh..." and not a "yaaaaay!".

SoV might also have some villain issues too, since only Berkut is young and charismatic, the remaining selections there are: Blue Man Cultist, Lady "Got a Good Backstory in an Artbook Few Will Read",  Daddy Dearest Rudolf, Slayde, who for some odd reason lives until the Last Bastion; Fernand, "Hot Lips- and Everything Else" Rinea, and "Degenerate Dragon Degrading in his own Defecation" Duma. Oh, and I forgot they could throw in Deen, that'd be a good move, in which case I will fodder him for the Brave Sword just to mimic how things go exactly ingame.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

The Kanas couldn't both be on the banner because we're in the dark age of cancerous alts. There, I said it so Vax doesn't have to this time.

I get them wanting to add both Kanas at the same time but they could've also added a couple more of those GC quests and give M!Kana out through those instead. I don't have a problem with M!Kana being a GHB, it was just a very odd choice given he isn't antagonistic in any way or at any point. Though if that next New Heroes banner grants my wish of a Nohrian King-esque Leo alt is Conquest-based, Nina or Percy could be possibilities for that GHB since they very much are antagonistic in their respective Paralogues.

I'm in agreement. Plus, it'd be nice if they could introduce some new heroes as 3- and 4-star rewards like they did with Kaze. Like Kaze, they could be added to the summoning pool at a future date as 3- and 4-star units and it'd make the summoning pool more interesting to pull from. At this point, they might as well since we get new characters at such a slow rate.

Early on in the game, GHB characters being antagonistic characters (with the exception of f!Robin and the recruitable Navarre) wasn't much of an issue because it seemed like a realistic way to get antagonists into the game in time. But nowadays ... Louise and Pent aren't on a banner despite being popular because a Nino alt takes priority and Linus is added into the game despite being less popular because he's an antagonist and gets a GHB!

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But nowadays ... Louise and Pent aren't on a banner despite being popular because a Nino alt takes priority and Linus is added into the game despite being less popular because he's an antagonist and gets a GHB!

They kinda backed themselves into having to eventually add Linus, regardless of everything else, the minute they decided to bring his brother into the game. It's another scenario where having one without the other is kinda weird, on top of the headcount of the Four Fangs only being at three. It almost makes me think that Scattered Fangs was a by-product of the Linus GHB and not the other way around.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They kinda backed themselves into having to eventually add Linus, regardless of everything else, the minute they decided to bring his brother into the game. It's another scenario where having one without the other is kinda weird, on top of the headcount of the Four Fangs only being at three. It almost makes me think that Scattered Fangs was a by-product of the Linus GHB and not the other way around.

That makes sense, yeah. Although putting Karla there was still weird as she doesn't fit the theme and didn't seem insanely popular either.