Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, that was what prompted my unnecessarily salty comment.

Yeah, I didn't see that until after I had posted.  I had thought it was just because we had passed the 9:00 mark with no trailer.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Oh, I thought for some reason the original FEH channel was the one that announced the CYL heroes, and that this one would be the one-year anniversary of it. Didn't realise there was one back in April last year, so the CYL one was the second, yeah.

I wonder if they're going to announce when the next CYL will be.  Maybe it's going to be that Special Heroes Banner that is due after the one on Friday.  I'd honestly prefer that over a 5th swimsuit banner.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder if they're going to announce when the next CYL will be.  Maybe it's going to be that Special Heroes Banner that is due after the one on Friday.  I'd honestly prefer that over a 5th swimsuit banner.

Surely they'd have to, unless they plan to run another FEH channel next month. Not that I'd be against that...

Doesn't hugely help with planning what unit to get because we won't get their stats, however, and there's no obvious lure like the novelty of horse archers to pick one over the others. Unless one is a horse dancer of course. :P

Edited by Humanoid

Surely they'd have to, unless they plan to run another FEH channel next month. Not that I'd be against that...

Doesn't hugely help with planning what unit to get because we won't get their stats though, and there's no obvious lure like the novelty of horse archers to pick one over the others. Unless one is a horse dancer of course. :P

Dancer Hector riding Armads, which acts as his mount.  He does the Hectorcoptor dance.

Unless one is a horse dancer of course. :P

This is something I've been wanting forever! I've even made an OC that is this very thing. ...Well, he's a singer, not a dancer, to be technical, but still serves the same purpose. And he's a more masculine dude, rather than feminine like just about every other male refresher, or in the case of Nils, a kid. I've been hoping IS would make a character like this for years now. To add a bit of variety to the refresher role.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Dancer Hector riding Armads, which acts as his mount.  He does the Hectorcoptor dance.

So flying and three movement? I'll go with that.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

So flying and three movement? I'll go with that.

Yes, with the BST of an armored unit.  He'd have Ward Hector as a personal C Skill.

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Tethys has never used magic.

As Ice Dragon mentioned:

https://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_control_glitch#Notes_on_FE8

...the enemy control glitch lets anyone use dark magic in TSS. Tethys wasn't an Einherjar in Awakening, so dark magic is, in fact, the only weapon type Tethys has ever been able to use. The glitch has already been nodded to by Anamnesis Eirika, too, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Edited by Seafarer

This Feh channel will announce new modes, features, maybe some QoL improvements and I think the trailer for the banner on Friday which will be CYL 2 or beast units.  You need something huge to get people to want to spend orbs on that other than the two new summer banners with such insane units, and a very promising legendary banner coming up.  

My plan is to save for legendary banner and after getting what I want if all goes well, spending rest orbs to try for Summer Tiki or Summer Camilla (either one, cause red pity breakers suck, and NY Azura is still my only unit with hone fliers).  However if this is beast units, or CYL 2, I don't know what I will do.  

Edited by Lewyn

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tethys and all other characters in The Sacred Stones has access to dark magic using the old Mine glitch.

7 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Because she couldn’t attack to begin with. I think it’s fine to take creative liberties with the GBA dancers due to them normally being passive. We haven’t had a red tome dancer either, so that would make Tethys unique instead of giving her a lame ass dagger.

5 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

As Ice Dragon mentioned:

https://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_control_glitch#Notes_on_FE8

...the enemy control glitch lets anyone use dark magic in TSS. Tethys wasn't an Einherjar in Awakening, so dark magic is, in fact, the only weapon type Tethys has ever been able to use. The glitch has already been nodded to by Anamnesis Eirika, too, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Alright, Christ. I didn't expect to be dogpiled for pointing out something wasn't canon. Have your red tome Tethys idea. It's not like I'm holding her hostage.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

The next FEH channel will announce that all future additions to the Heroes roster will be alts.

Joke’s on you. The soonest and the most hyped-for addition to the roster at this very moment is all alts, also known as see-why-ell-too.

Also how about we stop adding memes and glitches? Handwaving Eirika drove me damn mad already.

I'm ready IS, me and my 102 orbs are listening for your announcement. 

Also, do you think that beast units will be colorless or colored and hit on the defense or like dragons ? (hit close and deal with magic) 

4 minutes ago, Kozac said:

Also, do you think that beast units will be colorless or colored and hit on the defense or like dragons ? (hit close and deal with magic) 

Beasts have absolutely nothing going for them that would allow them to attack Res. Never. They also have absolutely nothing going for them that would place them outside the triangle because melee grey would be pathetic for everyone involved.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Beasts have absolutely nothing going for them that would allow them to attack Res. Never. They also have absolutely nothing going for them that would place them outside the triangle because melee grey would be pathetic for everyone involved.

I imagine that they could attack with magic since they are "magical unit". Also I'm asking if there would be a problem of number unit, I don't know how many beast unit there is in the franchise but I hope they won't run off of them  (at worst there is the alt). 

You think the CYL runner-ups are gonna be as neglected as Brave Roy and Lucina in banners?

I just checked, and the two of them have only appeared in Legendary banners and one other banner, the Less than Heroic Tempest Trials banner (a literal copy-paste of the original Brave Heroes banner), meanwhile Ike and Lyn get to appear on more than a few other banners outside of Legendary banners.

14 minutes ago, Kozac said:

I imagine that they could attack with magic since they are "magical unit". Also I'm asking if there would be a problem of number unit, I don't know how many beast unit there is in the franchise but I hope they won't run off of them  (at worst there is the alt). 

The beasts have always been physical unless dragons which don’t really count because nothing stops them from rolling them into current breath users.

Two furries in Awakening, four in Fates, no less than a dozen in Tellius dilogy combined. They won’t run out of beasts anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The beasts have always been physical unless dragons which don’t really count because nothing stops them from rolling them into current breath users.

Two furries in Awakening, four in Fates, no less than a dozen in Tellius dilogy combined. They won’t run out of beasts anytime soon.

Then i'm wondering which specific aspects beasts units may have:diff stat distribution ? New type of movement (3 instead of 2 for infantry)? Exclusif skills ? (Like Armored units). Hope this FEH channel will answer me. 

Also thank you for giving me the number of beast unit. 

One thing the beasts could have is Wave skills inherent in their weapons. Fateshifters had abilities that worked every other turn, and it's not entirely unlike the laguz transformation gauge.

26 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

One thing the beasts could have is Wave skills inherent in their weapons. Fateshifters had abilities that worked every other turn, and it's not entirely unlike the laguz transformation gauge.

That's can be, Things like waves skills exclusif to their weapons (dual waves for example) 

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

That'd make a lot of sense.

That said, as much as I'd like beast units to be added, I don't think they could be on the upcoming banner. That'd require a version update, and there's no maintenance announcement.

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

That said, as much as I'd like beast units to be added, I don't think they could be on the upcoming banner. That'd require a version update, and there's no maintenance announcement.

...Uh, isn't there an update for every new banner? I seem to recall having to update for like every one of them. And definitely not all of them come with maintenance downtime either.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, isn't there an update for every new banner? I seem to recall having to update for like every one of them. And definitely not all of them come with maintenance downtime either.

There are currently at least three updates a month (two main banners and a legendary banner), but when I say "version update", I mean the "version 2.6", "version 2.7", etc. ones. Those are the ones that add new game modes, UI changes, etc. beyond new characters and regular events like banners and TTs. Those always come with maintenance.

This is why colorless breath was added weeks before Female Grima and colored bows were added weeks before Legendary Lyn. They were part of the major version updates preceding the smaller updates where the actual characters were added.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

There are currently at least three updates a month (two main banners and a legendary banner), but when I say "version update", I mean the "version 2.6", "version 2.7", etc. ones. Those are the ones that add new game modes, UI changes, etc. beyond new characters and regular events like banners and TTs. Those always come with maintenance.

This is why colorless breath was added weeks before Female Grima and colored bows were added weeks before Legendary Lyn. They were part of the major version updates preceding the smaller updates where the actual characters were added.

Oh, right, that. Yeah, that'd probably happen for the addition of beasts and laguz, you're right.