Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

With double brazen atk/def active

His first round performance is going to be shit though. Sacrificing first round performance is not always feasible.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So do you think we're getting Witch FCorrin for Halloween? It was an incredibly popular promo card and sleeves that sold probably better than any other Cipher card sleeves. I also saw fan demand for it, Maybe not on the level of Summer Camilla but at least more than any other possible Halloween unit.

I also have a strange feeling that if we get japanese festival themed banner in August, there will be Minerva. Because of this: latest?cb=20160202212908

1 hour ago, XRay said:

His first round performance is going to be shit though. Sacrificing first round performance is not always feasible.

You don't necessarily need to have him fight at full HP as you can just run HP related assists for Alfonse. Even then, reaching 42 def as well as 28 res with close defense and the def refine is decent enough if you're also giving him buffs and are debuffing foes. What's worth noting is that without buffs and debuffs he could survive neutral Ayra with Wrath if he takes the def refine and is running close defense seal.

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

@Ice Dragon

I think some people just have phobia to TA because they think if they use it, they're basically accepting that their unit "sucks butt"; but that isn't need to be... Some units really appreciate the TA.

The main reason I don't think Alphonse needs TA is because he already crushes his green matchups. Green tomes will pretty much always die to him in one shot, and green axes (or green Lyn) would do 0 damage while getting ORKOd.

Mind, I like the TA option---TA on all 3 Askrs would've been ideal, to have a low effort, low budget way to completely cover the color triangle and still have good neutral matchups---but the generic stat refines are probably his best option. You can even go speed refine + fury to give him a workable 31 spd before buffs and a reliable way to activate brazen.

Then again, I've always used Alphonse with a very clear idea of what he does for the team he's in---my box was insanely blue heavy in my early days, it still is, in fact, seeing how Cordelia and Rein are +9 and +6, so Fury + Axe-breaker meant that he fully covered the issues of any team he's going to be in.

Edited by DehNutCase

54 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You don't necessarily need to have him fight at full HP as you can just run HP related assists for Alfonse. Even then, reaching 42 def as well as 28 res with close defense and the def refine is decent enough if you're also giving him buffs and are debuffing foes. What's worth noting is that without buffs and debuffs he could survive neutral Ayra with Wrath if he takes the def refine and is running close defense seal.

The opportunity cost is high. Running Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid means the unit is not running Reposition or another positioning Assist skill.

And Ayras are much less likely to be neutral when you score higher and enemies have more chances of fixing their nature with merges. Speed +3 and Attack +3 Sacred Seals are not uncommon to further boost her combat potential.

Is it just me, or has Maribelle changed her attire from what she wore in Awakening? She no longer wears those clown pants. I think it looks similar to what F!Morgan wears now.

33 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The main reason I don't think Alphonse needs TA is because he already crushes his green matchups. Green tomes will pretty much always die to him in one shot, and green axes (or green Lyn) would do 0 damage while getting ORKOd.

Mind, I like the TA option---TA on all 3 Askrs would've been ideal, to have a low effort, low budget way to completely cover the color triangle and still have good neutral matchups---but the generic stat refines are probably his best option. You can even go speed refine + fury to give him a workable 31 spd before buffs and a reliable way to activate brazen.

Then again, I've always used Alphonse with a very clear idea of what he does for the team he's in---my box was insanely blue heavy in my early days, it still is, in fact, seeing how Cordelia and Rein are +9 and +6, so Fury + Axe-breaker meant that he fully covered the issues of any team he's going to be in.

Alfonse definitly does NOT crush his green match ups with the current Folkvangr. With the bonus to his stats when running Arena better, but naturally? against melees yes, but he at times failed to even kill Nino on playerphase (granted he had a enemy phase set)!!! (depending on their build) and dont let me start about dragons...

TA on Alfonse is imho the best thing he could get and bolsters him. Unless you wanted to add some new crazy OP skill

1 minute ago, XRay said:

The opportunity cost is high. Running Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid means the unit is not running Reposition or another positioning Assist skill.

And Ayras are much less likely to be neutral when you score higher and enemies have more chances of fixing their nature with merges. Speed +3 and Attack +3 Sacred Seals are not uncommon to further boost her combat potential.

And you can easily buff him up with ally support, rally, drive etc. You might not need to run a hp related assist as you can have him face green units to get into brazen range. Not denying that he'll be slow to start, but double brazen sounds very tempting, at least for me

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Alfonse definitly does NOT crush his green match ups with the current Folkvangr. With the bonus to his stats when running Arena better, but naturally? against melees yes, but he at times failed to even kill Nino on playerphase (granted he had a enemy phase set)!!! (depending on their build) and dont let me start about dragons...

TA on Alfonse is imho the best thing he could get and bolsters him. Unless you wanted to add some new crazy OP skill

Why are you running Alphonse when he's not a bonus unit?

Edit: I suppose I should've been more clear that he only ends up in a team when he's the bonus, nowadays.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Why are you running Alphonse when he's not a bonus unit?

I was talking about the experience pre bonus unit stat buffs in Arena.

Let me tell you about the GHB/BHB/LHB experiences i had with Alfonse:
Normal Folkvangr on Infernal (sometimes even Lunatic) maps:
- He fails to kill Green Armors
- He fails to kill Green Tome users because he cant double attack for shit, so i needed either Triangle Adept or Green Tome breaker
- He fails to kill Green Dragon foes...
-If you patched him up to kill all Green foes on the map he started to fail against Red Sword users... (Red tome users he died anyway).

- He dies to all forms of Blue, even physical, because he gets doubled so hard in his ***. So haveing Triangle Adept disadvantage doesnt even matter there.

This is the best thing that could happen for GHB/BHB/LHB and its decent for Arena.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I was talking about the experience pre bonus unit stat buffs in Arena.

Let me tell you about the GHB/BHB/LHB experiences i had with Alfonse:
Normal Folkvangr on Infernal (sometimes even Lunatic) maps:
- He fails to kill Green Armors
- He fails to kill Green Tome users because he cant double attack for shit, so i needed either Triangle Adept or Green Tome breaker
- He fails to kill Green Dragon foes...
-If you patched him up to kill all Green foes on the map he started to fail against Red Sword users... (Red tome users he died anyway).

- He dies to all forms of Blue, even physical, because he gets doubled so hard in his ***. So haveing Triangle Adept disadvantage doesnt even matter there.

This is the best thing that could happen for GHB/BHB/LHB and its decent for Arena.

Ah. Pre-statbuffs, as I've said, my box was very blue heavy.

This meant Alphonse ran Axe-Breaker, red and blue and non-armor greens were naturally covered due to the sheer ridiculousness of my blue and colorless offenses.

He was definitely fairly niche, but he happened to be the exact niche my box needed during his seasons.

Hrid showed more characterization in one chapter than Gunnthra did in her entire existence. Poor Gunnthra.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hrid showed more characterization in one chapter than Gunnthra did in her entire existence. Poor Gunnthra.

How dare you insult Gunnthra like that!!!! "Diamondoooo dustooooooo"

13 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Is it just me, or has Maribelle changed her attire from what she wore in Awakening? She no longer wears those clown pants. I think it looks similar to what F!Morgan wears now.

Vax already pointed this out in the New Heroes thread. Not happy in the slightest she has gone pantsless (and yet this didn't happen to Libra or Walhart).

To be slightly less than pure cynical by the way, in terms of new additions, when you add Walhart and ignore Olivialt, it is gender balanced in terms of newly represented characters. Not quite an otaku harem fest.

By the way, how did everyone who got included on the banner get ranked in the CYLs? Sumia and Olivia being high I can see, but Libra? I have my doubts the scales of popularity were weighed in his favor. Who was the most popular not Owain/Inigo male not in FEH yet?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By the way, how did everyone who got included on the banner get ranked in the CYLs? Sumia and Olivia being high I can see, but Libra? I have my doubts the scales of popularity were weighed in his favor. Who was the most popular not Owain/Inigo male not in FEH yet?

Awakening characters in CYL 2 who aren't yet in Heroes (in their normal form as a normal summon) all the way down until I hit Walhart:

• 26: Owain
  • 41: Aversa
  • 44: Panne
  • 51: Maribelle
  • 53: Sumia
  • 68: Anna
  • 73: Severa
  • 115: Noire
  • 119: Inigo
  • 122: Nah
  • 132: Naga
  • 149: Emmeryn
  • 179: Libra
  • 191: Say'ri
  • 193: Walhart

EDIT: Extended to Walhart because it was only 2 more.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Awakening characters in CYL 2 who aren't yet in Heroes (in their normal form as a normal summon) all the way down until I hit Libra:

• 26: Owain
  • 41: Aversa
  • 44: Panne
  • 51: Maribelle
  • 53: Sumia
  • 68: Anna
  • 73: Severa
  • 115: Noire
  • 119: Inigo
  • 122: Nah
  • 132: Naga
  • 149: Emmeryn
  • 179: Libra

So Libra IS the most popular not-Owain/Inigo guy. That seems strange to me, are the rest of the real studs already in this means? Although the only one I'd possibly call a stud would be Stahl myself, once you get rid of the stall he wears that is.

And now that I think about it, I'm a little surprised they passed on Aversa this time. Maybe they saw the Axe situation? Or maybe they've plans to package her with some less popular Awakening characters later, to make the bundle more appealing?

Excluding child characters, who are some of the major playable male Awakening characters we're still missing? Vaike, Gregor, Kellam, and Basilio. Did I miss anyone?

Laurent and Miriel will probably be dead last in terms of Awakening characters added.

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Excluding child characters, who are some of the major playable male Awakening characters we're still missing? Vaike, Gregor, Kellam, and Basilio. Did I miss anyone?

Laurent and Miriel will probably be dead last in terms of Awakening characters added.

Yen'fay, Gangrel, and the character whose existence threatens to collapse the universe (oh well in a multiverse it's no big deal) Priam. All of whom are GHB material. 

On the children, there is Brady. And also Yarne, who besides being a shapeshifting IP freely beast, is probably trying to do everything in his power to avoid being added to Heroes. And if does get in, he is probably going to try shedding any skills the almighty lord of FE the Intelligent Sovereign should assign to him, for he doesn't want to be sacrificed.

You're right though that the males remaining are none too many, nor exactly the most outright appealing the way the girls may be. 

And just to think for a moment (if I did my math right), Awakening is missing just 24 characters (including the Fates trio) with this banner included! Sounds like a lot, and it could take another six releases or so to add them all, but this is incredibly small compared to a lot of other games, only Fates and SoV probably come this close.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
It was 24, not 23, I forgot Ricken- the poor man's Merric.

Right, Yen'fay and Gangrel and Priam. To be honest, I was kind of ignoring them since they're not available in the main story (and Gangrel's survival is kind of stupid), but guess we do have MOST of the Awakening characters. So, are there any first generation Awakening women we're missing besides Miriel and Panne?

You know, I wonder which game is going to get a complete roster first. Like you mentioned, Awakening and Fates and Echoes are all doing pretty well in that regard. Tellius will forever be underrepresented until the developers figure out how to implement the laguz.

36 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Kellam

He is already in the game. He is just well hidden.

I am not sure if Ricken counts as major, but he saved Maribelle.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

It seems to be her promoted attire as a Valkyrie. Hence why she also suddenly has armour on her shoulders when she didn't as a Troubadour. Why though chose to make her a Valkyrie when Troubadour would have worked perfectly fine if she was being left a staff unit, I have no idea, but that's what they went with.

8 hours ago, silverserpent said:

I should really replay the full story mode one of these days...but I'm too lazy to do it.

I replayed book 1 that with a team of level one 5* units and it was a strange experience. It was too easy most of the time and the biggest problem is that you can see the story cutscenes only at the easiest difficulty.  

4 hours ago, Othin said:

I like how goofy Anna's refine is. Below 50% HP, move to any ally. Above 50% HP, still move to the nearby ones. Functional, but still funny.

I like Anna's prf, but her refinement is underwhelming. She wants to get in Desperation range asap, but the special refinement is overly gimmicky even for my standards. A Fury-, Brazen- or Blow effect would have been cool, or a special counter reduction effect.