Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Grey hell still hell. Too many Virions, Matthews, and Gaiuses for my liking, not even mentioning the healers.

I needed more Virions if I had more Cordelias. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

It also fits her purple colourscheme somewhat:

Looks cool!

Will you give her also Luna/QP? Kill that Navarre already for her. 

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Blue, since Ryoma, Lyn and F!Grima are locked in for this next banner.

Great, zero orbs and I'll need to pull all colors on that one. 

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I had a severe Hinata drought for the longest time.  I have 7 of him now, but I try to save Fury for when I really need it now.  I've starting using Darting Blow as a go-to A Skill now, partly because I had a surplus of Florinas, Rebeccas, and Tharjas, though I don't have like 20 of them now, like I used to.

Fury works for most units, thus Hinatas are really hard to save up. Darting Blow isn't too bad, especially on mages. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Great, zero orbs and I'll need to pull all colors on that one.

Yeah, I’m missing both Ryoma and F!Grima while my only Lyn is -Spd (but +Atk) and I’m only one orb richer than you currently are. At least we’re getting those 20 orbs on Monday when the bonds event starts.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I’m missing both Ryoma and F!Grima while my only Lyn is -Spd (but +Atk) and I’m only one orb richer than you currently are. At least we’re getting those 20 orbs on Monday when the bonds event starts.

Your Lyn stays at least alive. My Lyns get foddered off for SPD Tactics....

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m still banking on my dumb blue bow Lucina guess. With the latest New Heroes banner being an Awakening one, it might have a chance of coming true.

Colored Bows still seem so dumb.  I don't know what they were thinking there.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

July will be blue, August will be red. IIRC, September will be blue again.

Well, Bruno followed by Hrid would be great.  The age of alts needs to end.

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Yeah, my only legendary Lyn is still kicking. Her bride version, however, wasn’t as lucky it was what she deserved for blocking me from Bridelia on the first run of Bridal Blessings.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Colored Bows still seem so dumb.  I don't know what they were thinking there.

I don’t get them either but they decided to implement them, so they’ll have to eventually add a red and a blue unless if they want to admit it was a weird idea.

Edited by Tybrosion

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, my only legendary Lyn is still kicking. Her bride version, however, wasn’t as lucky it was what she deserved for blocking me from Bridelia on the first run of Bridal Blessings.

I don’t get them either but they decided to implement them, so they’ll have to eventually have to add a red and a blue unless if they want to admit it was a weird idea.

I would be fine if no more colored bows got added, and they pretended like it never happened.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I wouldn't say he's that great because he's absent in part 3 despite there being a continental war going on. He went to Gallia with Nailah yet Nailah has presence in part 3 and Tormod doesn't. He's pretty hyper active so why does he not care? A character who fails to have presence in an important part seems kind of flat to me. 

That isn't his fault, we never get as much as a reason why he absent. If he said "I was just chilln'" or some other actual excuse, I'd find merit in your criticism, since there would be a fault in his character to criticize. IS just seemed to have totally forgotten about him, which is different.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Their names are the Zodiac signs. 

Aries: March 20-April 20

Cancer: June 21-July 22

Leo: July 23-August 23

Libra: September 23-October 23

Libra isn't even a Libra, his birthday is July 1st.

Also, NASA, although not endorsing the pseudo-scientific idea of horoscopes what-so-ever, and not making this the goal of its research at all, calculated the minute annual shifting of the Earth's axis- the precession of the equinoxes. If this is taken into consideration regarding horoscopes, then the present assigned dates are inaccurate, due to shifts in star positions as they are viewed from the Earth compared to 3000 years ago. Four of five people are Zodiac other than the one they have been told they were. Using NASA's data, the actual horoscopes are as follows:

Capricorn: January 20–February 16
Aquarius: February 16–March 11
Pisces: March 11–April 18
Aries: April 18–May 13
Taurus: May 13–June 21
Gemini: June 21–July 20
Cancer: July 20–August 10
Leo: August 10–September 16
Virgo: September 16–October 30
Libra: October 30–November 23
Scorpio: November 23–29
Ophiuchus: November 29–December 17
Sagittarius: December 17–January 20

Yes, NASA added Ophiuchus back. The Babylonians were the ones who dropped it, much owing to the fact they used a 12 month calendar, and having 13 Zodiacs was annoying. Ophiuchus is a Zodiac technically, because the Sun, in its imaginary path across the sky over the year- the ecliptic- does pass through Ophiuchus, like the rest of the Zodiac, that is what makes them special.

The NASA calculations shouldn't affect the Chinese Zodiac, or not in the same way. The Chinese Zodiac is based on the path of Jupiter across the night sky, not the Sun, which takes 12 years, as Jupiter takes 12 Earth Years to orbit the Sun and has thus been called in China, at least in ancient times, the "Year Star". The section of the night sky Jupiter is in for a given year, is its own Zodiacal region.

So there you have it. Now somebody find Gotoh to blow up the Starsphere so we can play collect 'em all Astral Shards in FEH.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would be fine if no more colored bows got added, and they pretended like it never happened.

I don’t particularly want more colored bows either, I just expect them to keep going with it rather than admit it was a mistake.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That isn't his fault, we never get as much as a reason why he absent. If he said "I was just chilln'" or some other actual excuse, I'd find merit in your criticism, since there would be a fault in his character to criticize. IS just seemed to have totally forgotten about him, which is different.

Libra isn't even a Libra, his birthday is July 1st.

Also, NASA, although not endorsing the pseudo-scientific idea of horoscopes what-so-ever, and not making this the goal of its research at all, calculated the minute annual shifting of the Earth's axis- the precession of the equinoxes. If this is taken into consideration regarding horoscopes, then the present assigned dates are inaccurate, due to shifts in star positions as they are viewed from the Earth compared to 3000 years ago. Four of five people are Zodiac other than the one they have been told they were. Using NASA's data, the actual horoscopes are as follows:

Capricorn: January 20–February 16
Aquarius: February 16–March 11
Pisces: March 11–April 18
Aries: April 18–May 13
Taurus: May 13–June 21
Gemini: June 21–July 20
Cancer: July 20–August 10
Leo: August 10–September 16
Virgo: September 16–October 30
Libra: October 30–November 23
Scorpio: November 23–29
Ophiuchus: November 29–December 17
Sagittarius: December 17–January 20

Yes, NASA added Ophiuchus back. The Babylonians were the ones who dropped it, much owing to the fact they used a 12 month calendar, and having 13 Zodiacs was annoying. Ophiuchus is a Zodiac technically, because the Sun, in its imaginary path across the sky over the year- the ecliptic- does pass through Ophiuchus, like the rest of the Zodiac, that is what makes them special.

The NASA calculations shouldn't affect the Chinese Zodiac, or not in the same way. The Chinese Zodiac is based on the path of Jupiter across the night sky, not the Sun, which takes 12 years, as Jupiter takes 12 Earth Years to orbit the Sun and has thus been called in China, at least in ancient times, the "Year Star". The section of the night sky Jupiter is in for a given year, is its own Zodiacal region.

So there you have it. Now somebody find Gotoh to blow up the Starsphere so we can play collect 'em all Astral Shards in FEH.

Astrology is magic, so NASA is not the authority on that one and such.  We're also using a different calendar, which I think had about a dozen days added to it back when we adopted the Gregorian Calendar.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Astrology is magic, so NASA is not the authority on that one and such.  We're also using a different calendar, which I think had about a dozen days added to it back when we adopted the Gregorian Calendar.

I'm thinking this would have accounted for the Julian-Gregorian shift. But yes, understanding how natural nuclear fusion reactors tens, hundreds, thousands, millions, billions, of lightyears away could possibly influence human lives on Earth and determine everything about them, is certainly beyond NASA's purview. 

But hey, I found it entertaining to hear of this at least. People who do believe in horoscopes pretty much ignored the data and continue to use the old system I believe. Even though India, whilst maintaining the Zodiac of the Greeks, did use a more accurate over long periods of time calculation method (Sidereal, as opposed to Tropical) for the Zodiac, one which is closer to NASA's data.

Funny enough, under those calculations I'm still a Leo. Just ... the cutoff is a lot closer than before.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Missing all three, while I need Lyn only for her skill. 

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Exactly this...  until they'll demote a unit in four months to give SPD tactic at 4*. 

Maxed out Lyn's HM yesterday, now I'm just holding off to see the next Arena units before I commit to sacking her to F!Robin. I had to switch her out this week for Lector since S!Takumi was cutting into my scores after replacing Camilla. Just give us the seal already, IS!

Also, was looking at characters I'd given blessings to when I found Amelia. Decided to give her the Flashing Blade seal, because why not. ?

https://imgur.com/a/KNBjZ4c[/img]

Edited by silverserpent

I can't say I'm looking forward to the new bond forging mode, unless the rewards wind up being very generous.  Gameplay integration of accessories was something I feared as soon as they were introduced.  With one exception, I haven't touched accessories on account of most of them being tacky and unnecessary.  While I can do nothing but watch as my arena opponents make buffoons out of their own characters, it's something I've been able to easily ignore on my own end.  Hopefully they won't have too big of an effect.   

Why do none of the shirtless guys in this game have nipples?  It looks like they all had an unfortunate sandpaper incident.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why do none of the shirtless guys in this game have nipples?  It looks like they all had an unfortunate sandpaper incident.

Cause if ya got nipples, you're in a hentai.

Or females are the ones commonly associated with nips, and breasts are to risque for young Timmy to handle if they even show a little bit of areola, ergo men can't have nipples...?

It's weird. Always kinda feels like cartoon dudes are missing nips for an unexplained reason...

Yet somebody at Nintendo thought it was fine for Mario of all characters to get nips... No joke.

I really don't get it myself. But I draw nipples on my guys! Only because men are supposed to have them, but still.

Also, there are cartoon men who are drawn with them. Just look at a bunch of Disney dudes that are seen shirtless. Yeah, Disney, another child-targeted company!

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yet somebody at Nintendo thought it was fine for Mario of all characters to get nips... No joke.

And that was probably the only reason Odyssey got an E 10 and up instead of just an E.

Though yeah, if it’s fine for Mario then FE has no excuse.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Cause if ya got nipples, you're in a hentai.

Or females are the ones commonly associated with nips, and breasts are to risque for young Timmy to handle if they even show a little bit of areola, ergo men can't have nipples...?

It's weird. Always kinda feels like cartoon dudes are missing nips for an unexplained reason...

It very basic cartoony characters a lack of nipples doesn't really draw much attention, but in more anatomically realistic styles, like most of the ones we have in Heroes, not having them just looks weird.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I really don't get it myself. But I draw nipples on my guys! Only because men are supposed to have them, but still.

Also, there are cartoon men who are drawn with them. Just look at a bunch of Disney dudes that are seen shirtless. Yeah, Disney, another child-targeted company!

Yeah, plus I think most FE games are rated Teen anyway.

Also of note is that, at least as far as I can recall, characters who tend to be more cartoony in appearance tend to be more commonly depicted with small things like nipples, freckles, zits, even body hair like on the arms or legs, yet the more realistic someone gets, the less and less those features become, until eventually all you get is a body whose only features are how normal it is.

To be honest though, I keep thinking back to a scene in Daily Lives of High School Boys, where one of the main characters recalls that he used a razor to try and shave what I assume was nipple hair, and... let's just say he shaved off the nipple hair really well...

Edited by Xenomata

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't seem like you do.

I suppose that's good, though I wonder if there's any bonus for using them.  My Libra is all built up and ready to go.