Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 hours ago, Junkhead said:

You don't kill Reds with that. >:x

when people actually make a real Defense Ayra:

Screenshot_2018-07-24-23-27-57.png

Thats not a good represantation of a defensiv Ayra. Lack of Regnal Astra and Slaying sword. She would have eaten that Libra for breakfast on player and enemy phase

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Thats not a good represantation of a defensiv Ayra. Lack of Regnal Astra and Slaying sword. She would have eaten that Libra for breakfast on player and enemy phase

It's not a good representation because they went for Aether, otherwise the 41 Def speaks for itself. Slaying allows her to retaliate with an automatic R.Astra.

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I've been debating for eons whether I should go for a Slaying Axe or Brave Axe set but in the end smashing Effies/Hardins/Hectors in AA is more important: 

Now I just need enough refinement stones and SP to give her the +Def refine. Her terribad Res says that she'll die if she tries to touch M!Grima so I'll keep her away from that.

How about a set with SPD refined Hammer, Swift Sparrow, Windsweep and Phantom SPD 3? 

5 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Yes. No more daily tap battle quests. I'm freed from the curse

Ha, I felt relieved too! The rewards of the daily missions weren't worth it, but I couldn't stop myself from completing everything. 

4 hours ago, Junkhead said:

Free from what. It's 100 feathers a day. For free.

For stupidly poking your phones screen, since you already cleared those stages xy times. Forgot about the feathers though . 

I like the forging bonds much more than I've expected. Lots of free feathers, accessories have a purpose, and it didn't kill my dream of getting alt versions of characters cosplaying as other Nintendo IPs :D:

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

How about a set with SPD refined Hammer, Swift Sparrow, Windsweep and Phantom SPD 3? 

I love my meme sets as much as everyone else but Swift Sparrow is too expensive to try. I could try an OHKO set with +Atk refine, Death Blow, Chill Def (thank you Walhart), Savage Blow, Atk+3, though. I doubt anything outside of Zelgius and Draug will survive that.

9 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I love my meme sets as much as everyone else but Swift Sparrow is too expensive to try. I could try an OHKO set with +Atk refine, Death Blow, Chill Def (thank you Walhart), Savage Blow, Atk+3, though. I doubt anything outside of Zelgius and Draug will survive that.

Yeah, they should demote Katarina with the next batch of demotions ... never got her, but two spare BH!Lyns. 

Was looking through what units have blessings since I have a decent pile in reserve.

14 Earth, 14 Wind, 15 Water, and 15 Fire. I've got 12 Earth, 9 Wind, 16 Water, and 12 Fire Blessings that I can hand out. I can't believe we've actually received so many blessings...granted about 5 of these are from dupe Legendaries. I've mostly used mine to build teams that synergize with each LH, or just to clear the Gardens. How's everykne else used theirs?

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Three times arena assault in a day is too much for me. Can I please never see it ever again? Ever.

Can't you just bring in a level 1-20 team you're training up, auto battle, and then just auto battle with maxed level teams?

It's not like you're doing it for points past the first run a week.

15 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Was looking through what units have blessings since I have a decent pile in reserve.

14 Earth, 14 Wind, 15 Water, and 15 Fire. I've got 12 Earth, 9 Wind, 16 Water, and 12 Fire Blessings that I can hand out. I can't believe we've actually received so many blessings...granted about 5 of these are from dupe Legendaries. I've mostly used mine to build teams that synergize with each LH, or just to clear the Gardens. How's everyone else used theirs?

I have used 3 blessings of each element except fire, which needed 4 because I don't have a fire legendary hero. Haven't had to do any more than that, since Blessed Gardens isn't too hard.

I'm just too indecisive to use them on anyone else, I guess.

Regarding blessings I always use them based on character's personality or affinity or just because they mix well. For instance, I give Fire Blessing to those units who are hot headed, passionate, excel in power/def, while units with Wind Blessings are mostly units with high spd or high res. I gave Soren the Wind blessing, same as Lloyd, L'Arachel, etc. Earth units are units like Camilla, Ike, Saber, Reinhardt, etc.

So far I'm lacking Blessings because I have used blessings on a lot of units I later used for SI or sent home. Or just changed their blessings because yes.

3 hours ago, Seafarer said:

I have used 3 blessings of each element except fire, which needed 4 because I don't have a fire legendary hero. Haven't had to do any more than that, since Blessed Gardens isn't too hard.

I'm just too indecisive to use them on anyone else, I guess.

I also did exactly this in the beginning, but since blessings boost AA score, I've given out a lot and build at least 3 teams of each element. 

Funnily this made me enjoy AA more than before. 

I handed out a few of each blessing initially to do the gardens maps and Elite quests using those same few units. It was actually pretty fun trying to work out how to beat the GHBs with just the 4-5 units I'd blessed for each type.

Now that we've gotten even more of them I've given blessings to some of the units I use most often and to some of the newer units I've pulled. I still have like 10 left in reserve for each. The SP multiplier has been nice for leveling/SP grinding those new units. I haven't really taken advantage of the blessing bonus points for AA, since they're not needed to keep me in the 3k range and I don't think they'd do enough to push me up to the top 1k.

For blessings I have handed out the following:

Fire: 17

Water: 19+Fjorm

Wind: 18

Earth: 17

I always give them to new units for SP grinding but after the AA change I started to worry a bit about how many units of a color are in each category, if only to account for the inevitable future because right now I can only get in the top 3k during Water seasons. The colors still aren't 100% balanced and some of my blessed units aren't combat ready yet but it's fun to play with nothing but those units first match aside, I HAVE to use my core to score decently

Edited by Alexmender

I primarily use blessings for SP grinding as well, though in recent times I need to make sure there’s a color/speciality balance to for the AA bonus. I did a very poor job of that before; a ton of dancers are Fire, a lot of armorslayers are Wind, barely any Axe units for Wind (only Dorcas iirc), etc. I’m trying to be more mindful of that now.

Fun fact, a Water blessed Katarina looks really cool when using a special, as it looks like she has a purple aura rather than blue.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I primarily use blessings for SP grinding as well, though in recent times I need to make sure there’s a color/speciality balance to for the AA bonus. I did a very poor job of that before; a ton of dancers are Fire, a lot of armorslayers are Wind, barely any Axe units for Wind (only Dorcas iirc), etc. I’m trying to be more mindful of that now.

Fun fact, a Water blessed Katarina looks really cool when using a special, as it looks like she has a purple aura rather than blue.

This, the SP increase is another good reason I have to use them.

= EDIT =

It kind of bugs me that Libra's artwork depicts him with a Bolt Axe but he's been given a pseudo Killer Axe (awakening version).

Edited by Quintessence

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

This, the SP increase is another good reason I have to use them.

= EDIT =

It kind of bugs me that Libra's artwork depicts him with a Bolt Axe but he's been given a pseudo Killer Axe (awakening version).

I know. I had this same issue when seeing him. This was the perfect time for them to bring it out, too.

On another note, having Elise reclass into a Wyvern Knight and working up the Bolt Axe is amazing. Seeing her hit 30s with the magic axe is awesome ?

I use blessings based on what aesthetically matches the character's colors (I really shouldn't let my job dictate all aspects of my life) and sometimes just based on my support system. For instance Soren WOULD be wind, but I paired him with L!Ike who is Earth, so Soren ended up being Earth as well.

Also, I never switch blessings, so I only have so many units to choose from when doing the gardens or other things which is always a fun little challenge and forces me to use some of my other characters. I forget to use anyone beside M!Robin sometimes.

Right now I have:

Wind Blessing: 11

Water Blessing: 10

Earth Blessing: 11

Fire Blessing: 11

Which coincidently is the number of 5* characters I have actually built up. Even though you can't tell my Wind/Fire blessing are staked with my favorites, so they're disproportionately powerful compared to Earth (and especially Water). 

9 hours ago, silverserpent said:

14 Earth, 14 Wind, 15 Water, and 15 Fire. I've got 12 Earth, 9 Wind, 16 Water, and 12 Fire Blessings that I can hand out. I can't believe we've actually received so many blessings...granted about 5 of these are from dupe Legendaries. I've mostly used mine to build teams that synergize with each LH, or just to clear the Gardens. How's everykne else used theirs?

I've assigned 4 of each color for each element (including legendaries themselves) so far, so I have 64 blessed or legendary characters. Did this primarily for AA, and it's made it far more interesting to force myself to use active season elements instead of relying on gem weapons/breaker skills. I only pull on Legendary Banners so I have plenty of blessings to hand out (or at least for Earth and Water due to luck with Fjorm, Ike, and Robin).

I'm never going to be able to score enough points to get top 10k in AA (nor would I particularly want to expend the effort required to do so), so I haven't really thought out my blessings beyond the first half-dozen or so for each element.

They correspond to what legendary units I actually have, so I just have horse teams assigned to Fire and Wind, dragon and flier teams to Earth, and one infantry team to water. I don't even have a dedicated team that runs alongside Ike because running a flier team for Earth is so much easier, but keeping his Def Tactic means this works out no problem.

17 Fire, 18 Water, 18 Wind and 12 Earth blessings remain to be handed out. I suppose I could allocate some based on the assumption I get the missing legendaries eventually (Lyn, Ryoma, Hector) but with an average of three months between re-runs of each, I'm not sure that'd accomplish much.

______

On a completely different note, I'm only hearing regular Lyn's voice for the first time this week, and I've gotta say it sounds quite a bit weaker than her Brave and Bride variants which I'm used to and am fine with. No idea what the latest two Lyns sound like, mind you.

I think this is the first time when I'm sitting on 100 orbs, and I'm not sure if I should spend at the moment. Legendary banner is coming next week... although an Elise or a flying Olivia would be nice. Hmm, but I hear some people say Maribelle > Elise, so maybe I should invest in that banner next month?

11 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Call it planned obsolesce. Not familiar with that term? It's when they try to sell you something, which invariably they replace in the not too distant future with a better version of. Like smartphone models.

It isn't quite that they plan to make Libra obsolete here, but they do leave the door open to a forge boost later. They're tempting you with the weapon in the artwork, so now you'll really want it when it comes! ...Except I don't think that'd bring in any money doing this, which is kinda what planned obsolesce is supposed to do. Unless they make Dew/Coins buyable via Orb conversion in some way.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Watch Gromell the memelord come with the bolt axe. The Eat Rock Guy must be in his entourage too.

Can we have the falling rocks too? And maybe follow it with, I don't really know, a Grand Conquest that replicates 3-12? And by that, I mean Sanaki and her entourage getting slathered in oil. Although maybe this time they should actually go the full distance and make it hot oil.

38 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Because nothing says master tactician like covering both of Saber's eyes.

So somebody, as I expected, is doing a double blinding, or as close to it as can presently be had.

And it is a masterful move, if Saber by losing most/all of his eyesight, gains sixth sense powers that enable him to detect enemies within a fifty meter/yard radius and respond with inhuman reaction times.

Sigh... Why does Ursula infernal with fliers look impossible without a flying dancer? Not all of us get lucky enough to pull one of those. I didn't despite having thrown 300 orbs trying to.

This map is ass too. Why are your units so boxed in and cut off by so many walls?