Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

I'm only missing spring Lucina for Lucina emblem bwahwhwhshwhahwhwhwhawhah

Did someone say Lucina Emblem?

MDfmOSc.png?1

Fun fact: Spring Exalt Lucina was given that Earth Blessing just so that I'd have a Lucina for each element.

Coincidentally, Lucina was my Brave Heroes freebie pick partially because I absolutely refused to use it on Lyn. I probably should've though, since she was the last one of the four I got (pulled from the One Year Anniversary Hero Fest this past February) while Lucina was pulled twice last year (and both were off-focus). As for Roy and Ike, I managed to pull both from their original banner and have since gotten another Roy (Gunnthra's legendary banner) and two more Ikes (Hares at the Fair I think and Hector's legendary banner)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

48 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

speaking of Lucina, i wonder if they'll release another variant of her anytime soon. is IS willing to pull another Lyn situation, what with 4 alts/seasonals? i feel like they got a good bit of flack from that even from the folks who like Lyn, though my only exposure is this forum.

I think the issue with Lyn is more that she got her Valentine's and legendary alts so close within one another. Most people expected Lyn to be a legendary hero, but what we didn't expect was for her to show up so soon after she was on the Valentine's banner. Also, if you count male and female Robin separately (or Grima as a separate entity from Robin), she has the most alts of anyone in the game. Lyn is also the only person wielding a colored bow, so for the time being it feels as if colored bows were something created just to make Lyn feel unique.

Not helping is the fact that you can't even really argue that Lyn is getting this treatment because she's number one female. In which case, why does Ike only have CYL and a legendary form that's functionally similar to his normal form?

I picked Brave Ike at the time since I had jack shit for green units being combat competant outside of fucking Michalis.

This time, if there's a freebie pick, I'd probably go between Ephraim or Celica. If the vanilla version of one comes, then I pick the other.

27 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think the issue with Lyn is more that she got her Valentine's and legendary alts so close within one another. Most people expected Lyn to be a legendary hero, but what we didn't expect was for her to show up so soon after she was on the Valentine's banner. Also, if you count male and female Robin separately (or Grima as a separate entity from Robin), she has the most alts of anyone in the game. Lyn is also the only person wielding a colored bow, so for the time being it feels as if colored bows were something created just to make Lyn feel unique.

Not helping is the fact that you can't even really argue that Lyn is getting this treatment because she's number one female. In which case, why does Ike only have CYL and a legendary form that's functionally similar to his normal form?

hmm yeah that's a good point about the timing between the V-Day and Leg Lyns, that frequency leaves a stale taste in the mouth. and i agree about the coloured bow being some kind of [weird] selling point for her. i don't doubt at some point they'll introduce more coloured bows (if only to appeal to the same effect), but they sure are taking their time on that. i do count the M and F Robins separately so Lyn has sinched the most alts in the game for me.

and indeed! if his votes weren't split between RD and PoR he'd have had the most votes overall in the first CYL...and regardless, he was the most voted male, just as Lyn was the most voted female...and yet he doesn't have the same treatment as her, not even one seasonal? hello?

as a side note, i'm honestly surprised at the attention Lyn and Hector (rest in piss Eliwood) are receiving, but i ain't complainin.' after all i grew up on the GBA series of FE and my nostalgia goggles are very strong B)

54 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My questions exactly, why the most popular character in the whole franchise haven't got good alt yet? I don't like Ike, but I'm blind if I didn't see the fact he is the most popular character in the whole FE franchise. Although I already know it's because the old mindset female character sells more and also I think any infantry, how good they are, would still be hindered by their movement, despite now Tactic and Wave skills be a thing. 

54 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

and indeed! if his votes weren't split between RD and PoR he'd have had the most votes overall in the first CYL...and regardless, he was the most voted male, just as Lyn was the most voted female...and yet he doesn't have the same treatment as her, not even one seasonal? hello?

Yeah, this bugs me a lot. Ike is just as popular as Lyn, if not MORE popular, so why does she get so much more treatment? His legendary version isn't even that much more interesting than his regular self while legendary Lyn gets not only a totally different weapon from her normal self, but in a previously unobtainable color. Sure, we already got an Ike that has Urvan, but RD Ike could've at least gotten a better version of Ragnell.

Is it because Lyn is a fucking woman? That shouldn't matter, Ike is still super popular. Why should having boobs and a vagina mean anything? Ike even totally crushed the biggest boobed female in this series in a VG. I'm talking about more in terms of team size here, not the fact that he won said gauntlet. His team was way bigger than Camilla's. More Ikes would sell just as well as, if not better than alt Lyns.

IS needs to wake the fuck up and realize that Ike proved boobs and vaginas aren't everything. He's a candidate for most popular FE character.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this bugs me a lot. Ike is just as popular as Lyn, if not MORE popular, so why does she get so much more treatment? His legendary version isn't even that much more interesting than his regular self while legendary Lyn gets not only a totally different weapon from her normal self, but in a previously unobtainable color. Sure, we already got an Ike that has Urvan, but RD Ike could've at least gotten a better version of Ragnell.

Is it because Lyn is a fucking woman? That shouldn't matter, Ike is still super popular. Why should having boobs and a vagina mean anything? Ike even totally crushed the biggest boobed female in this series in a VG. I'm talking about more in terms of team size here, not the fact that he won said gauntlet. His team was way bigger than Camilla's. More Ikes would sell just as well as, if not better than alt Lyns.

IS needs to wake the fuck up and realize that Ike proved boobs and vaginas aren't everything. He's a candidate for most popular FE character.

While I do agree that Ike really should have just as many alts if not more alts than Lyn because of his popularity (seriously though, Tellius seasonals when?), could we maybe not reduce women to their genitals? IS's pandering is a problem yes, but that sort of attitude is also a problem.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Lyn is more popular than Robin yet he has 6 versions and she only has 5.  People keep bringing up Lyn but Robin is the worst offender, and his alts are also much less interesting.  

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Lyn is more popular than Robin yet he has 6 versions and she only has 5.  People keep bringing up Lyn but Robin is the worst offender, and his alts are also much less interesting.  

That's because not everyone considers male and female Robin to be the same character.

The Herodex, for example, doesn't consider them to be the same character, seeing as all alts of male Robin come after male Robin and before female Robin.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because not everyone considers male and female Robin to be the same character.

The Herodex, for example, doesn't consider them to be the same character, seeing as all alts of male Robin come after male Robin and before female Robin.

Well we discussed this before.  Would people welcome Lynn (like Lynn Swann), a male version of Lyn as a brand new character?  

That, and Grima being an alt of Robin is kind of ... fuzzy.

Possessed Takumi, possessed Hardin, and possessed Celica are not the entities that possessed them. The possessed Takumi isn't Anankos, and his personality is that of a corrupted Takumi. Hardin refers to himself as Hardin, and Celica refers to herself as Celica instead of Duma and has flashes of her past.

Possessed Robin, on the other hand, is very much Grima. And calls themselves Grima. Their personality is not at all that of Robin. So I'm not even sure if Grima should be an alt of Robin. They really dropped the ball by not just calling them Grima.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Well we discussed this before.  Would people welcome Lynn (like Lynn Swann), a male version of Lyn as a brand new character?  

This argument doesn't really work. Lyn is not a character whose gender is left ambiguous. She's only ever a female character, and there's no reason to make a hypothetical male version of Lyn.

Robin (and Corrin) and their offspring, on the other hand, require both genders be present. You'll get really pissed off people otherwise since if you make one gender canon, ANGRY PEOPLE HAPPEN.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

A genderswap is an alt.

The two Robins are not genderswaps of each other. Lynn, however, is a genderswap of Lyn. The distinction between them is the intent of the characters' designs. Creating a genderswap of a character is not the same as originally intending a character to be sexually dimorphic (for lack of a better term).

Boy/girl Robin isn’t an alt of girl/boy Robin because both were present in CYL and are from the same game.

Grima isn’t an alt of Robin because both were present in CYL and are from the same game.

Boy/girl Grima isn’t an alt of girl/boy Grima because boy and girl Robin were present in CYL and are from the same game. 

Edited by Vaximillian

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Boy/girl Robin isn’t an alt of girl/boy Robin because both were present in CYL.

Grima isn’t an alt of Robin because both were present in CYL.

Boy/girl Grima isn’t an alt of girl/boy Grima because boy and girl Robin were present in CYL. 

You can make those statements a bit more airtight by changing "because both were present in CYL" to "because both were present in CYL and are from the same game".

Because otherwise someone's going to be a smart aleck and mention things like FE1 Marth and FE3 Marth or FE9 Ike and FE10 Ike.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can make those statements a bit more airtight by changing "because both were present in CYL" to "because both were present in CYL and are from the same game".

Because otherwise someone's going to be a smart aleck and mention things like FE1 Marth and FE3 Marth or FE9 Ike and FE10 Ike.

I already got the same thought after I’ve posted this, yes. I wanted to amend my post but something distracted me.

5 orbs for reaching Whale tier...I'll make like I didn't saw that. Arena will go to hell soon and no extra orb will be enough to entice me to play that evil Bonus unit game.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't see a problem. I quite enjoy the Blessed Gardens.

Now I need twenty blessed heroes every time instead of four. Assault modes are already anti-fun, adding blessings on top of that only makes it worse.

Is there anywhere confirming 20 units or is it just a guess based on "like Squad Assault"?

To make it fair they need to give each player five different legendary heroes of each element.

Tap Battle can be played at 3x speed. Grand Conquests and Rival Domains now award SP, EXP, and HM. We can have 15 teams now as well as eight brigades. 

And most importantly

Each Hero can have multiple skill sets you can set and swap between. I didn't think they'd do this because of sacred seals, but I guess they have a way around it.

Wonder how efficient RD autobattle HM farming will be in comparison to GHBs. Sure the battles take longer, but you get twice as many units benefiting, if not four times as many because you no longer need to field one or two capped babysitter units to win the map with. That, plus you get some measure of SP to relevant units.

I'm not expecting Skill Sets to allow the reuse of Sacred Seals. Sounds like you can only access it through the Ally menu so it's purely a convenience when equipping people, can't be done on the fly. That QR seal is still going to be on just one unit when you start your weekly AA or whatever.