Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Each Hero can have multiple skill sets you can set and swap between. I didn't think they'd do this because of sacred seals, but I guess they have a way around it.

I'm almost certain that equipping a skill set with a Sacred Seal that's already in use will de-equip it from its current owner. Every other game I'm aware of with load-out systems like this will do this.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

It's nice to see Al getting major buffs. Stacking the weapon refinement with Brazen ATK/DEF he might as well be an armor unit, just with out the benefits of walking through the forest. Maybe I'm exaggerating here, but I can't wait to how much Al jumps on tier list.

I'm wondering if Sharena +5 SPD & DEF is actually worth it. I suppose it's work for guys like Ike but usually someone excels at DEF or SPD, not both at the same time. Then again, I'm sure someone's going to exploit that. Especially with Drive skills

I really wish Anna got a better buff, was it really too much to ask for in-built Desperation? At least teleportation sounds fun.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

It's nice to see Al getting major buffs. Stacking the weapon refinement with Brazen ATK/DEF he might as well be an armor unit, just with out the benefits of walking through the forest. Maybe I'm exaggerating here, but I can't wait to how much Al jumps on tier list.

I'm wondering if Sharena +5 SPD & DEF is actually worth it. I suppose it's work for guys like Ike but usually someone excels at DEF or SPD, not both at the same time. Then again, I'm sure someone's going to exploit that. Especially with Drive skills

I really wish Anna got a better buff, was it really too much to ask for in-built Desperation? At least teleportation sounds fun.

Alfonse will still be trash tier conpared to the likes of Ayra Black knight Alm etc. 1. he nneds to meet the requirements to enter brazen 2. he still suffers ftom shit spd without access to Bold or Vengefull fighter (QR is not an option because you wont profit in most times from brazen and QR)

He will still be ass. Just less ass then before because he actually can now cover the green units and red melee fighters (most not all)

Dont get me wrong i have been waiting for this Askar refine and its nice for PVE clears :)

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Alfonse will still be trash tier conpared to the likes of Ayra Black knight Alm etc. 1. he nneds to meet the requirements to enter brazen 2. he still suffers ftom shit spd without access to Bold or Vengefull fighter (QR is not an option because you wont profit in most times from brazen and QR)

He will still be ass. Just less ass then before because he actually can now cover the green units and red melee fighters (most not all)

Dont get me wrong i have been waiting for this Askar refine and its nice for PVE clears :)

I don’t think he ever implied that Alfonse would be the next top tier unit. All he said is that Alfonse will rise some tiers. Besides that sort of comparison is wrong, or we might as well say that Spring Catria and L’Arachel are trash because Reinhardt exists.

Edited by Water Mage

I watched a video about the push for  triangle adept recently  for Titania, Alfonse, Maribelle's staff. While it is a good hard counter toward certain units. Cooldown reduction skills are generally stronger, flashier, and can use specials for every match up. Triangle adept can not reach that that damage output. A possible plan to change the trend is for and a increase for more guard skills, or skills similar to TA.

9 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

While I do agree that Ike really should have just as many alts if not more alts than Lyn because of his popularity (seriously though, Tellius seasonals when?), could we maybe not reduce women to their genitals? IS's pandering is a problem yes, but that sort of attitude is also a problem.

Blame IS, not me. They're the ones that seem to have the mindset of "she has boobs, she'll sell more!" It's probably also why Karla was in that Black Fang banner despite having zero connection to them when Sain, Kent, Marcus, Wil, or others who also have no connection could've been picked.

I'm tired of getting alts in new unit banners in general.  I'd also like to see more males in the banners.  Since there are the males outnumber the females in the actual FE roster, they have to increasingly reach to find new waifus to sell, like the aforementioned Karla, who was an Easter Egg character who wasn't even that great of a unit.  For some reason, they're obsessed with adding every single myrmidon girl, which doesn't help the glut of sword infantry we have.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A genderswap is an alt.

On paper, it sounds like a fun idea. It'd be interesting to see what many characters would end up looking like, controversial/popular and non-controversial/popular alike. Although I think we already have RD Ike in genderswapped form, save for the exact shade of blue:

Spoiler

ekhidna.png

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

They really dropped the ball by not just calling them Grima.

I wonder why they didn't. Are the reserving the name "Grima" the dragon in its dragony draconic dragon body itself? Or did they do it only because, going on a purely name basis, "Grima" would sell less than "Robin"?

If this sounds contrary to what I'd said before, well I'm only making positive/neutral remarks. That's an improvement.

I think I've seen 2x once and 1.5x twice, but had no real time to play during any of them.

It's just so senseless. I mean sure, events like VG and GC also have restrictions on the optimal time to play them, but in both cases there are clear logistical reasons on why that has to happen. For Forging Bonds, the restriction is completely arbitrary, there's no reason to have it other than to intentionally inconvenience the player. Imagine a similar thing being implemented for TTs - how does this even benefit a single person?

The only rational possible reason I can think of might be to balance server load by putting multipliers on during low periods, but it's not like FEH's servers have really had any issues other than maybe the first half-hour following the launch of a super popular banner.

Edited by Humanoid

I think the Grounds thing is cool, I've been hoping for this for a while.

Skill sets is another thing I've been really hoping they'd add.

The Grounds and the update to RD and GC are the things I am really looking forward to and I might finally have a reason to use all my extra blessings.  I will upgrade all the Askr trio but it will take awhile since I am low on dew.  I think I will do Alphonse first, then Anna since I use them most.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

A genderswap is an alt.

The two Robins are not genderswaps of each other. Lynn, however, is a genderswap of Lyn. The distinction between them is the intent of the characters' designs. Creating a genderswap of a character is not the same as originally intending a character to be sexually dimorphic (for lack of a better term).

The two Robins pretty are gender swaps.  They go through the same storyline, same weapons, classes, the only difference is due to their different gender they  have different marriage options.  

13 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

That, and Grima being an alt of Robin is kind of ... fuzzy.

Possessed Takumi, possessed Hardin, and possessed Celica are not the entities that possessed them. The possessed Takumi isn't Anankos, and his personality is that of a corrupted Takumi. Hardin refers to himself as Hardin, and Celica refers to herself as Celica instead of Duma and has flashes of her past.

Possessed Robin, on the other hand, is very much Grima. And calls themselves Grima. Their personality is not at all that of Robin. So I'm not even sure if Grima should be an alt of Robin. They really dropped the ball by not just calling them Grima.

EDIT:

This argument doesn't really work. Lyn is not a character whose gender is left ambiguous. She's only ever a female character, and there's no reason to make a hypothetical male version of Lyn.

Robin (and Corrin) and their offspring, on the other hand, require both genders be present. You'll get really pissed off people otherwise since if you make one gender canon, ANGRY PEOPLE HAPPEN.

Yet people say 5 Lyns, yet one of them was CYL.  So IS isn't responsible for 5 versions of Lyn, we are.  Otherwise there are many characters that have 4 versions not including CYL and why don't they get hated on?  Cause they are from Awakening/Fates which is like 80% of all alts anyways, and people are going to complain about Lyn?  Ridiculous.  

4 Chroms, 4 Camillas, 4 Takumi.  Discounting CYL which is chosen in by us, there are 4 Lyn.  So she hasn't been favored any more than those characters.   What about Tharja which all versions are red tome users, and 2 of them same move type on top of that?  Why don't people bat an eye about that?  

If people are going to hate on multiple versions don't be a hypocrite about it.  

Oh another thing against Forging Bonds compared to TT is it isn't useful for training up new units. That means I have to decide between training and Bonds. Whereas with TT's I can do training and grinding tt score at the same time(if a bit less efficient scoring wise).

I am starting to think I am grumpy today. Normally I don't complain this much about the events. I mean right now, I am feeling better towards the Voting Gauntlets than Forging Bonds. Can't help but think that isn't entirely rational and that I might just be grumpy.

10 minutes ago, Usana said:

Oh another thing against Forging Bonds compared to TT is it isn't useful for training up new units. That means I have to decide between training and Bonds. Whereas with TT's I can do training and grinding tt score at the same time(if a bit less efficient scoring wise).

I am starting to think I am grumpy today. Normally I don't complain this much about the events. I mean right now, I am feeling better towards the Voting Gauntlets than Forging Bonds. Can't help but think that isn't entirely rational and that I might just be grumpy.

If it helps, remember that since Forging Bonds is brand new, it's going to undergo revisions. Remember how harsh the first TT was? Required twice as much grinding, no bonuses to stats or the x3 points, fewer difficulty levels (making auto-battle less of an option), higher stamina cost, and half the bonus units were only worth +20%. Not to mention, most people have stronger options for characters (including merges and supports), skills, seals, etc making the hardest fights not much of a problem.

43 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yet people say 5 Lyns, yet one of them was CYL.  So IS isn't responsible for 5 versions of Lyn, we are.  Otherwise there are many characters that have 4 versions not including CYL and why don't they get hated on?  Cause they are from Awakening/Fates which is like 80% of all alts anyways, and people are going to complain about Lyn?  Ridiculous.  

4 Chroms, 4 Camillas, 4 Takumi.  Discounting CYL which is chosen in by us, there are 4 Lyn.  So she hasn't been favored any more than those characters.   What about Tharja which all versions are red tome users, and 2 of them same move type on top of that?  Why don't people bat an eye about that?  

Really? Have you lived under a rock? Because I clearly remember people bringing up Tharja's alts being the same weapon type. I'd know myself, I was one of them.

Let's also bring up the fact that each of those 3 units you brought up aren't just any regular old Awakening or Fates units. Chrom was voted the most popular Male character from Awakening, and Camilla and Takumi were among the most popular Female and Male characters in the official Nintendo Dream poll. While we're here, let's bring up some characters who have more than 3 alts, so no Caedas or Catrias. Robin, both genders in fact, were among the most popular characters of each gender in the same poll Chrom and Lucina were voted number 1 in. Both Cordelia and Tharja ranked high enough to be given swimsuit scenes in the Awakening DLC as well.

Wait, there's someone missing... oh yeah, Gaius, who also ranked high enough to get a Swimsuit scene! Where's his 3rd alt?

So how about characters, ignoring Fallen heroes, who have regular summoning pool alts, those being Eirika, Chrom, Reinhardt, Olwen, Hinoka, and Nino. Already went over Chrom, but Nino has proven to be a popular character, both in the original Blazing Blade popularity poll and in CYL. Eirika has placed decently in CYL, not sure if there was ever a Sacred Stones PP though. Olwen I can only assume is riding on the coattails of Reinhardt, who gained a boost in popularity because of Heroes. Hinoka, while not placing highly, has the status of ranking fairly high among Fates females, as well as being an essencial character to the story of Fates.

Oh, but here's the thing. The popularity polls? We in the states never got any but CYL, or at least any that had a direct impact on official in-game content. Nope, mostly in Japan were such polls held.

I'd go over this longer if I didn't have things to do.

Edited by Xenomata

24 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Timing is a key factor here and how the alts are handled. L!Lyn and LA!Lyn appeared within a short period of each other so that ticked people off. The way her alts have been handled can tick others off. B!Lyn was meta defining and so far L!Lyn is the only coloured bow user. 

Lyn isn't the only one to recieve hate either so there's no need to use hyperboles. People have flipped over Tharja, Camilla, Robin, Lucina(She was the one who started the character emblem trend and people were livid), Chrom and Hinoka even though she's only got one alt. I distinctly remember people getting mad over NY!Camilla simply because she's Camilla. 

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Really? Have you lived under a rock? Because I clearly remember people bringing up Tharja's alts being the same weapon type. I'd know myself, I was one of them.

In his defense, Tharja getting a third red tome did kinda fall into the background among the Sanaki “controversy”.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I distinctly remember people getting mad over NY!Camilla simply because she's Camilla. 

Being on a distinctively Hoshidan-themed banner in terms of aesthetics, coupled with Ryoma and Hinoka both having no alts at that point, probably had a lot to do with the vitriol there too.

32 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The two Robins pretty are gender swaps.  They go through the same storyline, same weapons, classes, the only difference is due to their different gender they  have different marriage options. 

They have different supports as well.

Two genders for Robin is like yin and yang. You can't have one without the other. They are different, yet the same. A bit of a paradox, but that's how I'd describe them

34 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Fan generated or not, an alt is still an alt.

I don't know if you dislike Awakening/Fates or are protective of the older titles, but please don't turn this into a "the general audience hates the older games and they think only the newer games deserve attention" kind of situation when it isn't. You're overlooking fan reactions from several different sites and merely assuming the general audience praises IS's for anything Awakening/Fates related. They don't subject themselves to IS's "how can we make the most money" whims. People have standards and always grumble whenever they get something

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

I distinctly remember people getting mad over NY!Camilla simply because she's Camilla. 

I recall it being more of a "where the Hoshidan banner with Hoshidan characters at IS?, but whatever. People were really butthurt about no Hinoka and Ryoma though, not that I can blame them. Too many Nohr alts at the time and no Hoshidans

32 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

No, they aren't because that's not what a genderswap is. A genderswap is a depiction of a character as a sex other than their canonical norm. (Note that this doesn't prevent a genderswap from being canon.)

Robin having a selectable sex of male or female is the canonical norm and therefore neither male Robin nor female Robin can count as genderswaps.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I do partially agree with this. Without the CYL variant of Lyn, there are only four variants. Same as Chrom, Camilla, and Takumi. And without CYL Lyn, the Lyn people literally voted for knowing full well it would be an alt Lyn, then there's a half-year gap between Bride Lyn and Valentine Lyn. That is something people really should consider and it isn't really fair to not consider that.

However, with that said, Valentine and Legendary Lyn were released REALLY close together and they probably shouldn't have been. Legendary Lyn probably should have been pushed back a couple of months. And she should have been either a red unit or a colorless one, not the first colored bow unit. And other characters, such as Ike and Marth, really should have gotten seasonal alts way sooner.

Full disclosure, I'm a huge Lyn fan, and it really hurts seeing so much hate towards the character lately. But people are within their right to be upset about the Lyn alts and it is understandable, especially since other characters still haven't gotten alts or aren't even in the game yet.

It sucks and some of the complaints have been a little unfair, but it is what it is.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I've been complaining plenty about having four Chroms, four Camillas, and four Takumis. People complained about the three Tharjas, too. There are people who have complained about it who are not me. That said, I don't recall their variants being so close to one another as Lyn's legendary and Valentine's alt, nor did any of them get a brand new weapon type that so far is unique just to them.

You should watch how loosely you throw the word hypocrite around, especially if you don't do your research.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That said, I don't recall their variants being so close to one another as Lyn's legendary and Valentine's alt, nor did any of them get a brand new weapon type that so far is unique just to them.

Anankumi and New Year's Takumi were actually released closer to each other than LA!Lyn and Legendary Lyn were.

New Year's (12/31/17) and Fallen (02/24/18): 55 days
Love Abounds (02/09/18) and Lady of the Winds (05/01/18): 81 days

I guess no one took notice or cared since that was only Takumi's second alt, in addition to Hoshido being neglected for quite a while in regards to alts. Also, and interestingly, Santa Chrom (12/18/17) and Horse Chrom (03/09/18) also had 81 days separating them.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Anankumi and New Year's Takumi were actually released closer to each other than LA!Lyn and Legendary Lyn were.

New Year's (12/31/17) and Fallen (02/24/18): 55 days
Love Abounds (02/09/18) and Lady of the Winds (05/01/18): 81 days

I guess no one took notice or cared since that was only Takumi's second alt, in addition to Hoshido being neglected for quite a while in regards to alts. Also, and interestingly, Santa Chrom (12/18/17) and Horse Chrom (03/09/18) also had 81 days separating them.

Ah, I guess I wasn't keeping count of the days. That ... and I have issues with Fallen Takumi because not only do I feel that was the worst part of Conquest, but it's extremely redundant - more so now that 3/4 versions of Takumi are bows, 3/4 are infantry, and 4/4 are colorless. I think I failed to notice the two Chroms because whenever we change year I tend to get the impression that a longer time has passed. But yeah, point taken on those.

However, I guess it really doesn't help that Lyn's the only "special" one who got to fill out the entire weapon triangle+colorless in addition to being the first (and currently only) to wield a new weapon type. Even counting all of male and female Robin's alts as one doesn't give them a complete weapon triangle since there is no red ... strangely enough. So I think it's annoying that a bunch of characters are getting alts when so many characters aren't in the game. I was cranky about Eirika, Reinhardt, and Olwen getting alts and not only was it only their second alt, but I actually like them. But Lyn just seems to have an additional layer of "favoritism".