Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The update is out. Hallelujah, Combat Manuals!

I had no idea it was today. Best news in a long time!

I have to go to work now, but I will be clearing hundreds of barracks spots in the morning!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Hawk King said:

I had no idea it was today. Best news in a long time!

I have to go to work now, but I will be clearing hundreds of barracks spots in the morning!

I had no idea until I saw the post and went to check for myself.

Also, Hallelujah, Combat Manuals!

I can't wait for my code to compile so I can go home and actually do some barracks management.

I feel bad for all the stuff I threw out in the past month to make space. That includes some 3* GHB units like Navarre. I'd still probably never use them for anything, but it would have made me feel better to just have them hang in combat manual purgatory rather than dump them altogether.

Hell yeah, with Fury 3 Celica can get herself into Brazen range with 1 round of combat.

Kinda disappointed that Cheche's Axe is -5 Spd and not -2 like the Amiti. But she can do the Atk refinement for a 12Mt Brave, which I might just go with.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Hell yeah, with Fury 3 Celica can get herself into Brazen range with 1 round of combat.

Celica can also get herself down to Brazen range with Ardent Sacrifice. And stack Brazen Atk/Spd with another Brazen Atk/Spd.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Kinda disappointed that Cheche's Axe is -5 Spd and not -2 like the Amiti. But she can do the Atk refinement for a 12Mt Brave, which I might just go with.

Amiti effectively has Speed +3 built in as a Gen 1.5 weapon. Cherche's Axe can do the same thing with a Spd refine.

50 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

After thinking about it I agree with you.  Sylvia has a new dance skill, she also has an incredibly coveted and rare A slot skill in Mirror Stance 2.  I can't see them offering Mirror Stance 2 so easily.  I think this may be like Fallen Heroes where no one demotes.  

No, Silvia does not have a new Dance skill. She has the regular Dance skill. Also, Mirror Stance is coveted? I agree it's rare, but I can't think of anyone who especially needs/desires Mirror Stance.

I'm almost certain Silvia's gonna drop to 4-Star, since she doesn't really offer anything especially unique (Barrier Blade is just Berkut's Lance: Sword Edition and Shigure and Libra brought new weapons and then got demoted so Barrier Blade isn't gonna be enough to keep Silvia locked up in 5-Star-exclusivity-land, Dance is hardly unique considering it's available in the 3-Star pool, Mirror Stance is nice but hardly super amazing, Deluge Dance is alright but it probably isn't amazing on a Dancer compared to stuff like Wings of Mercy/Escape Route) or have anything like a Valor skill that IntSys has kept 5-Star-exclusive.

41 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Celica gets brazen Atk/Spd and no change to her original effect

They didn't even lower the HP loss on Ragnarok? Damn... though that works in Celica's favor now, since the extra HP loss makes it easier to get into Brazen ATK/SPD 6 range... And I have a -HP Celica (+RES, but that doesn't feel especially terrible now), and suddenly she seems a lot better than she did previously since she's guaranteed to get into Brazen range if she takes more than 1 point of damage in her first combat and then she can just run Desperation with +14 ATK and SPD... I'm okay with this refinement, actually. It's not what I hoped for, but I quite like it anyway.

EDIT: Celica's refinement doesn't have an HP requirement any more. So she can have a potential +19 ATK and SPD with Brazen ATK/SPD 6.

I completely missed that before. This is honestly kind of amazing.

Odin gets a prf bladetome and Atk/Spd link

Well, at least he got something good. Still not using him tho.

Cherche gets a prf brave axe

prf brave axe

prf brave axe

I didn't even think this could happen. Not that I'm complaining, it's great for Cherche. I'm so glad I have a +ATK Cherche right now because hitting twice with 52 ATK (58 with Death Blow 3, 64 with Hone Fliers/ATK Tactic) sounds amazing...

though +SPD might actually be pretty okay too, since she could reach 27 SPD with a SPD refine (on a Brave Axe, I'm honestly still amazed that that's a thing), and with Darting Blow 3, Hone Fliers and a SPD +3 Seal she could reach 42 SPD, which isn't amazing but could be run with Chill SPD and/or SPD Smoke and/or refined!Smoke Dagger+ to get quads.

@Poimagic  

Spoiler

Quan is slower than I expected, but with that ATK stat and Gae Bolg's effect (and maybe Brazen ATK/DEF for further boosting) mean this dude's probably gonna be super good as long as he doesn't fight mages.

Silvia's stats are what I wanted them to be. I want her even more now. I really hope I'm right about her dropping after this banner's up, but this will make me try for her anyway.

Lewyn is gonna be super good, he's got 40 neutral SPD with Forseti and 44 with Swift Sparrow (and that can be boosted further with stuff like SPD Tactic, which I really hope becomes a Sacred Seal now). I wanna throw the Flashing Blade Seal at him and watch him Desperation-Glimmer everything to death. Plus I could just throw regular Desperation on him with a setup like that. I doubt I'll get him, but it's fun to think about this.

Ethlyn is kinda weak compared to the likes of Veronica, but she still looks alright. Wonder what her skills are gonna be...

Damn, this thread moved quickly while I was writing this.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

So... if I decide to go kill one of my winter Robins to give Celica a second stack of Brazen Atk/Spd, I could get mine up to 69 Atk and 59 Spd without buffs after a single Ardent Sacrifice.

And now I wish I had kept my +Atk one because that Spd is so overkill.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

No, Silvia does not have a new Dance skill. She has the regular Dance skill.

He means Deluge Dance.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I agree it's rare, but I can't think of anyone who especially needs/desires Mirror Stance.

I agree it's not coveted at all. There are a few characters who would like it, though, like Innes and Xander, but most of them would prefer Atk/Res Bond which IS. STILL. NOT. IN. THE. STANDARD. SUMMONING. POOL. despite being on FOUR characters.

Holy fuck.

I'm glad I checked Cherche's weapon before just upgrading my highest-level one, because it got me to check her nature and see that she's -Atk. Fortunately I turned out to have a +Atk Cherche to upgrade instead.

11 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Celica's refinement doesn't have an HP requirement any more.

OMG this.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So... if I decide to go kill one of my winter Robins to give Celica a second stack of Brazen Atk/Spd, I could get mine up to 69 Atk and 59 Spd without buffs after a single Ardent Sacrifice.

And now I wish I had kept my +Atk one because that Spd is so overkill.

I'm glad I went with the +Atk.

I think I have a new unit to summoner support.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I'm glad I went with the +Atk.

I think I have a new unit to summoner support.

I'm so sad that I previously (granted, a long time ago) had a [+Atk, -HP] copy of Celica that would now be absolutely perfect because the -HP gives her 39 HP at +10 merge, which puts her in both Brazen and Desperation range after Ardent Sacrifice.

So sad. Nature manipulation when?

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He means Deluge Dance.

Oh, that makes much more sense. SPD/RES Dancebuff still doesn't strike me as something worthy of keeping a character locked to 5-Star exclusive though.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Holy fuck.

I'm glad I checked Cherche's weapon before just upgrading my highest-level one, because it got me to check her nature and see that she's -Atk. Fortunately I turned out to have a +Atk Cherche to upgrade instead.

That would've been sad.

At least you can use the other one for a merge if you really love Cherche though.

11 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

OMG this.

I know, right? I thought it was good when I mistakenly thought the self-damage was stuck at 100% HP, but having ATK/SPD +5 all the time is just fuckmothering crazy. Add Brazen ATK/SPD 6 on top of this, and now Celica has 19 extra ATK and SPD. Always.

This makes me want to use my Celica. She's +RES/-HP so hardly optimal (though fortunately her ATK and SPD were untouched), but she has effectively 65 ATK and 52 SPD (55 if I give her a SPD +3 Seal) once she gets into a combat or two which is just incredible to me.

This set of refinements was just full of winners, huh? Even Odin got something sweet (basically refineable Thunderhead, since it doesn't have the Special Cooldown +1 that Blarblade does, and ATK/SPD Link on the weapon seems pretty nice too), and I wasn't expecting that.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

I specifically called out Thunderhead as something Odin couldn't get because refining into super-Thunderhead would be too much. And then he got it anyway, and Cherche gets super-Amiti, and Celica gets her own completely ludicrous upgrade.

Earlier today people were commenting on how wild it is how Quan's weapon gives him +5 Atk/Def all the time against most enemies, and then we get this. I think Ragnarok is going to start doing people's taxes again.

I'm really tempted to merge up Cherche, just it feels a little redundant to merge more axe fliers right now. I already have +10 Camilla and I also want to +10 Beruka at some point too. I guess they all function differently, but I'd have 3 +10 axe fliers before I have even one +10 red unit.

Hmm, some tough decisions ahead then. Only have 60 dew but also 714 nuggets so I can afford the refines if I wanted them, let's see.

- Celica. All I've got is a single +Def -HP copy that I almost never use, even in AA, since she's long been supplanted by Lilina. That, and I have classic Tharja as my secondary red mage and a perfect Sanaki as a backup, and that's before we get to the defensive mages. Katarina and Morgan don't even get a look-in. But the new refine looks fun to use, so it's sort of tempting nonetheless. Not the type of unit that I'd ever spend orbs to try to get though, so it's fairly unlikely I'll ever get to improve her nature.

- Cherche. She's great, good unit, good characters, all that good stuff. But I've got a 4*+10 with Brave Axe+ that I'm happy with for the time being, and improving her would either mean spending 20k feathers just for the weapon since she's maxed out, or saving up 120k+ feathers and starting a 5* merge project. This is a decision that'll only be justified in the long term so I'd need to do some long-range planning. Trouble is, I don't have a merged 5* flier core at all at the moment. The dream would be to have fully merged Palla, Cordelia and Cherche terrorising the skies, but at the moment, none of them have even started their merges.

- Odin. Eh, I'll stick with Tailtiu who I get with ridiculous frequency anyway.

- Other potential refine candidates: Soren, Felicia or Eliwood 4*+10 who already have their 5* weapons so no further feathers needed. Otherwise Caeda, Linde, Chrom, Clair, Hinoka, Minerva, Camilla, Jaffar.

Woah that Odin tome! I was honestly fearful they’d try to shove him into some bizzare niche instead of just giving him a better blade tome. Atk/Spd link is the best thing he could have gotten. Now I don’t have to rely on tactics skills so much when using him. Too bad I don’t have any dew to work with in the moment. Also thank goodness that Combat Manuals are finally out. Can finally free some much needed space.

Also, @mampfoid your thoughts for that Cherche upgrade? Figured you’d be excited for that one.

I counted how many units I had at level 20 in my barracks. The answer is 112. One hundred and twelve units I pointlessly levelled.

Oh well, most of those were units I levelled alongside 5* units that got to 40, who were then swapped out for dancers once they hit 20, so I didn't hugely go out of my way for it. Still, that's a lot of wasted effort if I add them all up.

Quan looks terrible as a unit but i don't really care he cute

Also not gonna lie, Odin looks so fucking whack i NEED to build him out of principle. Cherche can settle with SP new weapon and Cellica while OP as fuck is kinda bland-ish